Scrapping For Mizas (Aliara)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Mirian Jade on December 30th, 2014, 1:13 am

Mirian looked back to her teacher for confirmation of her form, and was rewarded with a smile and praising words.

Aliara changed her stance and demonstrated another movement, one that was a cut rather than a stab. Diagonal, across an opponent’s body from one shoulder to the opposite him. Mirian narrowed her eyes and focused on conjuring a phantom semblance of something to hit, or at least something she could imagine hitting.

A breath.

Her movements were a bit quicker and less controlled than Aliara’s, but the sword looked like it successfully went where she wanted it to. Exhaling, Mirian tried again, this time across the opposite side. Shoulder to hip. Across the chest and stomach, which she knew from experience were places with plenty of blood to spill.

A few more cuts and Mirian let the tip of the sword come to rest on the earth at her feet, turning back to her mentor for whatever it was that came next. She found Aliara… stretching? Her hands were at her back and she was bending, somewhat similar to a movement Mirian would make when she got out of bed in the morning.

The thief tilted her head. “What are you doing?”

But the answer presented itself in the woman’s next words. She’d have to stretch?

“Why?”

Regardless of the answer, Mirian did her best to mimic Aliara’s movements. She put her hands on her back and arched her spine, and was pleasantly surprised by a few cracks.
ImageImageImage[/center]
Mirian Jade
made of bad days

Words: 99636
Joined roleplay: October 15th, 2014, 3:32 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Aliara Cantrell on January 8th, 2015, 4:55 am

As Aliara stretched her arms upwards and cracked her neck she was pleasantly surprised at how easy Mirian was to teach, Aliara would just have to demonstrate and she would teach herself, if only all teaching was like this. Slowly standing back up Aliara drew her cutlass and looked at her student.

“In Sunberth you are more likely than not to come across someone like myself who is trained in more than one weapon or has more experience, so what do you do?”

Sliding herself into an attack postion Aliara pointed her sword towards Mirian, she would teach Mirian the way she had first learnt. Her father had taught her to begin with they would spend afternoons together play fighting with sticks and throwing insults back and forth, he was the one who had taught her to survive.

“You find their weakness, fight them until you find that out key things, they step too far right or their stance is too wide. You find their weakness and you gain the advantage even if you a smaller or lack the same skill. You do what you can to even the playing fields.”

It was true, when Aliara ended up fighting with someone she would remain on defence until she noticed a pattern or a weakness, it had helped her in numerous situations when her appoint had misread her, it was the usual advantage Aliara used after all, no one pretty could be a mercenary according to most.

“Find my weakness!”

She called as Aliara launched herself at Mirian, she wouldn't hurt Mirian she had enough self control however the woman didn't know that and would defend herself a though it was a real fight. Aliara made sure she wasn't fighting the way she usually did but a more toned down version so that Mirian could have a chance to study her movements and work out that Aliara’s weakness was her height.
ImageImageImage
Aliara Cantrell
The Dreamer

Words: 114345
Joined roleplay: November 10th, 2014, 2:03 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Shakune on March 26th, 2015, 9:24 am

Aliara Cantrell
SKILLS
Cutlass +3
Observation +4
Acrobatics +1
Teaching +3
Meditation +1

LORES
The pressure of being an adult
An awkward introduction
Teaching: knowing the limits of yourself & your student
Cutlass: Finding a weakness

OTHER
+3 GM

Mirian Jade
SKILLS

Please feel free to PM me when you return to Mizahar to receive your grade

Great thread! Shame it couldn't be completed fully.

Aliara: I'm going to PM Monarch about whether or not you'd receive the full 10GM payment, but for now I figured 3GM was better than nothing. I also gave you the meditation point for the breathing and stretching work you did.

If you have any concerns about your grades, don't hesitate to send me a PM. Also, please remember to delete your grade request.
Shakune
I drive a hard bargain.

Words: 281911
Joined roleplay: August 21st, 2014, 10:43 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Sunberth Seasonal Challenge (1)

Previous