Solo A God's Form

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is Falyndar at its finest. Danger lurks everywhere - in the ground, in the trees, in the bush. Only the strongest survive...

Moderator: Gossamer

A God's Form

Postby Evalin on November 19th, 2014, 7:07 am

:finger:
7th of Fall, 514 AV

The night was young and fresh as Evalin undid the ties of her cloak and let the clothing fall to the ground. Quickly there after came her scarves, and robes until finally she was all but bare to the world. Her staff she leaned against the tree that acted as their shelter this night, and faintly she could hear Gresshal preparing himself for slumber as he had to every evening.

Stretching her arms high over head the Immortal closed her eyes, enjoying the reprieve from the sweltering humidity that plagued the days. Tsenrika floated a pace behind her, silent as usual, but there was a question there that Evalin could sense even without words being spoken.

"Indeed, I am well. My thoughts and pondering have lead me to a peace i have not experienced in some time."

The Irlyid's form shifted and shimmered, and in its place there now stood a complete replica of Evalin herself. The nuit could feel the works of magic through there bond as he came closer as well, thus even before his arms appeared around her shoulders she knew he has shifted to that male visage with the reflective blue eyes.

"Peace? Or is it simply calm?" He pressed his chest against her back, wrapping his arms around her and draping them over her shoulders. In this form he was about a head taller than Evalin herself, his shoulders wider, body bigger such that the Immortal could press her smaller frame into his to feel something close to comfort.

"Perhaps it is just calm." Evalin mused. Tilting her head back she opened her eyes to look up at Tsenrika who tilted his head and eyed her curiously, "Know you not the difference?"

She thought for a tick, wrapping her fingers into Tsenrika's as she did, "Indeed I do, but it is not so much that I do not know than that I am uncertain if it is in truth real or devised." Evalin had found herself in an odd state since the previous evening. Lost mostly in thought through the entire days travels, she had thought and wondered and contemplated on those aspects of divinity. What was it to be a Goddess? What was their purpose in this world? More importantly... How could they be slain?

"I have come to a realization as we discussed previously." She closed her eyes again, enjoying the embrace that none but someone who shared her soul could give her.

"Only a god may slay a god." Tsenrika replied, already reading the lines of thought as they passed through the girl's mind. In truth he had been pondering such things as well during their journey, and perhaps it was this reason that Evalin herself had thought so long and hard on this. The musings passed between them, moving from one to the other through the bond that would eternally link these creatures forever.

"Yes, but more than this I have come to realize." she patted the Familiar's hand and pulled away, turning to face him. She had to look up to meet his eyes, "If I were to become a Goddess, then would I cease to be who I am as Evalin?" Tsenrika seemed about to speak but the Immortal raised a finger to halt him, "If what we believe is true, then to become a Goddess means to cast off many things that makes mortals, and immortals, who they are. A sense of finality, of purpose. Driving goals and time become near inconsequential as a Goddess may not view time and goals the same way. One who can halt the course of the moon at will has little care then for what might occur should the winter come too early. This is because, now, much greater things are within his grasp, new worries and obstacles replace previous ones. If such is so... What if I were to lose this goal fueled by hatred at the injustices of Fate simply because the whims of Fate will not hamper the progression of another God's will?"

Evalin shook her head, resting a hand against Tsenrika's chest while the Familiar silently pondered what was said. After a chime, maybe two, the nuit felt a hand brush her cheek and she looked up to see the man smiling the smallest of smiles, "What wretched Goddess would forget that which she achieved power for? No my Master would never forget, for ingrained it is into the very fabric of her djed and soul this mission which must be completed. If Divinity were granted to you, my dear Evalin, surely you would take that very moment to strike down this enemy of the world."

The Immortal could not help but smile in return, "Do you think this is so?"

"There is no greater certainty in this world, of this you may rest assured."
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

A God's Form

Postby Evalin on November 21st, 2014, 4:35 pm

Evalin smiled in return, "You do encourage me my dear Tsenrika."

Closing her eyes Evalin stepped back and raised her arms out to her side. Curling her fingers she called on the power that flowed within her, grasping at the djed of her being with silver hands of mental will that would shape them. She trembled as the extra mass of her body began to be taken and pulled to two points on her back. There two stubs began to form, and Evalin clasped her hands together, her concentration focused completely on the act of becoming something different. The points on her back swelled outward, growing longer and beginning to branch off into thin fingers of white as Evalin willed this to be so. She remembered those great wings of the Nightmare bat, how they stretched out, thin fingers held together by strong tendons and leather so thin that light could travel through them. This picture she held, layering it over her mental image of herself and continued to shape her djed until it was a match.

To the side Tsenrika watched on silently, and through his eyes Evalin was able to see the changes as they occurred and adjust accordingly. Surely it was a great boon to have such an ability between them, for now they were more as one than two, more a being of unity than separate entities. It stifled the loneliness that crept into the heart of the Immortal, and for that Evalin was truly happy.

A last surge of djed and will and from her back extended the newly finished pair of wings that stretched six feet to either side. Flapping them slightly Evalin straightened, extending her arms for balance as the sudden shift of her center of gravity was still rather off putting at times. With her eyes still closed she looked at herself from the Familiar's eyes, and saw great wings fixed upon a form that was thin, skeletal... ugly.

Opening her eyes Evalin folded her wings around her shoulders, reaching a hand up to touch the leathery membrane of those new appendages, "What think you...?"

"Those that may fly are always seen as something apart from humanity." Tsenrika replied with a monotone voice.

Raising an eyebrow the nuit turned her eyes away, "That be not what I asked foolish Familiar. What think you of this form. Is it Godlike?"

"You know the answer to this question already my dear master." Tsenrika said folding his hands over his chest.

Indeed she did know. She could feel the pull of her djed as it struggled to change back to its original form, but with a will of Iron Evalin held the strands in place. She did notice though that more and more the strain was lessening, like over time her djed was begging to become more flexible, loose even. Faintly Evalin wondered what would happen should she continue to push. Would she lose all identity whatsoever?

"That would not be so bad..." Evalin thought aloud, ignoring the Irylid's curious expression. Tilting her head back toward the man Evalin released her wings and let them begin to fold back into her body, becoming absorbed slowly as her djed once more reasserted its primary shape, "This form is useful, but it is not godlike. It is skeletal, deathly... ugly."

Tsenrika shrugged, "Such things are not so bad when one thinks of what one wishes to call from the soul of mortals. Fear, hate, desperation. All such things can be called by an ugly form as well as a beautiful one."

The Immortal frowned, "Then you do think I am ugly."

Blinking Tsenrika sensed a mistake was made, and opened his mouth to reply but with a wave of her hand Evalin cut him off, "Oh heartless familiar you do cut me to the core with the cold truth of your words. But this simply means we must continue the search as we always have."

ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

A God's Form

Postby Evalin on November 21st, 2014, 5:12 pm

With a sigh Evalin rolled her shoulders, her skin beginning to smooth over where the wings had only just been. Clapping her hands together Evalin drew res to her finger tips, gathering a mass large enough that she could wrap it around her twice. With a flick of her wrist the translucent res few and gathered in a lump on the ground, solidifying to a gel like form which Evalin half sculpted with a quick thought to have a flat surface before snapping her fingers, creating a stone platform that reached up to her knees wide enough for her to sit on. This she of course did, crossing her bare leg and wresting her hands on her knee as she look again at Tsenrika.

"Something new then. What think you my dear Tsenrika?"

The Familiar came around to the nuit's back, kneeling with one knee resting on the stone and his hands on her shoulders as he leaned close, "Perhaps my master is looking upon this in much the wrong way." He gently massaged those dead muscles, and while Evalin could not gain much pleasure from the sensations she still relished in the closeness and intimacy of the act.

"Oh, and what say you to this matter?" She asked leaning her head back on the Familiar's shoulder, closing her eyes as she did so.

"Think I that what you seek will not be found in one act of searching, but rather from a combination of things which my master finds enjoyable to become." He said softly into her ear, "With such magic as this you may become anything you wish, thus if one to collect many variations of life then one could choose from any when creating a form most suiting the situation."

"Many of the Gods are ever changing after all..." Evalin commented slowly, opening her eyes to look sideways at Tsenrika, "Perhaps there is no singular form then, but rather a Goddess' form is the collection of many forms as varied as the stars in the sky and as unpredictable as the whims of gods themselves."

"It is as you say." Tsenrika sat back, and a flash of an image passed between them and their bond, "Perhaps something like this would be a change for the better?"

It was an image of coils and scales, bright red and black that slithered over rock and stone. Aka's dhani form which Evalin herself had admired for its beauty and strength. The nuit needed only to ponder this for a few ticks before she shrugged and uncrossed her legs, "Why not? It shall not hurt to be adventurous in this avenue at least."

ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

A God's Form

Postby Evalin on November 21st, 2014, 8:57 pm

"In truth I have always found such forms to be quite alluring. A serpentine beauty is certainly one which I find myself attracted to." She straighten out her legs and leaned back fully against Tsenrika's chest, closing her eyes as she did.

"Though their culture and race be somewhat lacking, the Dhani do possess some redeeming qualities." He wrapped his arms around Evalin's shoulders, leaning more on her as he watched the work as it began to take place.

With a sigh Evalin plucked at the strings of her djed once more, settling back into a comfortable position as she did. In her mind she brought forth a mental image of herself, creating a likeness that was combined with the actual visual imput from the Familiar as he aided her in the creation of this new model. Growing still the Immortal began by separating the djed that was her body from the djed that was her mind, and this mental djed she imagined and willed it to form silver hands which her minds eye could see and use as a catalyst to begin the changes to come.

The image flashed once more from Tsenrika as he aided Evalin in her transformation. She saw the way the Dhani's tails extended from their torso, lengthening and slowly slimming as they reached the tip. The scales did not overlap, but rather were pressed against one another like bricks in a brick home. That was a curious detail that Evalin had never noticed before, but then she did not have quite the observation skills of her Irylid familiar. Through their bond she could see deeper details than ever she could have imagined with merely her own eyes. This image Tsenrika aided by overlaying it with her own mental picture of her body, and there the silver hands of will began their true work.

Furrowing her brow Evalin began with her legs, her silver hands moving down those appendages and sending goosebumps over the flesh that they touched. First came the tail. Dhani had no individual legs, but rather one long, strong and muscular tail which allowed them to slither over rock and log with ease. With her physical hands as well as her mental ones she began to punch at the djed of her skin where her legs pressed together, pushing the two together until they started to become molded and one with the other. It was a slow process, one that required much backtracking and adjustment as it was difficult to get the proportions just right. From time to time Tsenrika would add his own touch to the process, and the sense of warmth that came as his own mental energies flooded her own sent a small thrill through the Nuit's body.

As the legs became one Evalin also started to lengthen the newly forming appendage, starting from the hips and sliding it down, down, down more and more at a gentle slope, trying to taper it off as best she could. She watched through the Familiar's eyes as she did, and the process made her frown for it was quite... odd. It did not all happen at once, but it was a slow progression. As the tail was lengthened she would have to pause periodically and smooth out an odd bump as they arose. it was like stretching out old clay. If she went too fast the skin would begin to stretch and threaten to break and crack, which would be disastrous for a nuit who could not heal herself. Thus this part took the most time, stretching from a few chimes to nearly half a bell. So much focus was on it, in fact, that Tsenrika had to drop the male form he wore to return to a picture perfect replica of Evalin herself. It was too tiring to strain to hold that form as well as aid Evalin with her own transformation.

More and more it lengthened, and now as she went Evalin began to add little indention, picturing those mashed together scales that all snakes possessed. Here is where Tsenrika's aid came to be the most helpful. As she worked to lengthen the tail he began to runs his own hands down her thighs, and where he touched Evalin was able to focus her energies to manipulate the djed so that the scales started to form.

Focus on the curve, let each flow naturally from one to the other. Tsenrika advised as his gentle caresses continued down her length.

Blacken them, dark as night, and let us finish this. she said. The length of the tail was finally complete and it tapered off smoothly to the tip of a long serpentine tail. Now she could turn her full attention to the creation of the scales. At this time Tsenrika pulled back from where he leaned against Evalin, and she felt him shift to his natural form once more. It was too much to continue this in replica form, and thus he now wore his natural Irylid body. This, however, gave a rather interesting perspective to things. In this form Evalin could see even greater details, and so as her skin dimpled and stretched to form each new progressive layer of scales she could better view and adjust the patterns so that they looked more natural. Tsenrika floated over the completed appendage, floating down its length that was now wrapped around the makeshift seat.

The creation was further smoothed out, lengthened ever so slightly as Evalin ran her fingers over the now bumpy hide of her new appendage. Then her fingers traced up over her stomach, feeling as she began to add further scales there, up her sides and toward her back. All of these she created were dark as onyx, and with a mind tweak of her djed she began to give them a bit of a reflective quality as well.

Finally, however many bells later Evalin opened her eyes and looked down at her work. The tail stretched to twice her body length, a steady transition from her hips down to its tip. The belly was ribbed, and the scales began from the middle of where her thighs normally would have been around to the back side of her tail. Tilting her head she looked back over her shoulder and tested its motion, and with a smile she saw the tip wave at her from where it naturally coiled on the ground. Now came the hard part...

Sliding her scaled butt off of the stone Evalin curled her coils beneath her like a spring, raising her arms out to her side for balance as she tilted this way and that.

"This is... odd." she whispered, biting her lip in concentration. Such a long tail end threw off her balance considerably, such that when she tried to shift the coils even slightly she pitched forward, barely catching herself before she was forced to eat dirt, "Be damned, the serpents make it look so easy..."

"They have lived as such for all their lives." The Familiar pointed out.

Shifting herself so that she was 'sitting' with her tail outstretched Evalin leaned on her elbow and practiced simply moving the tail as she wished, "Indeed so, but I have need to master this much quicker." She pulled her tail close to her body, but the Immortal found it strange to try and keep track of such a length of muscle as she now possessed. On those parts of her tail she concentrated she found she could move rather easily in any direction, a sense of freedom she had never experienced before. For those sections she did not concentrate on, however, they flopped uselessly from side to side. It was almost humerus were she not trying her hardest to make this unruly appendage work.

Evalin was already growing weary from holding the form as well, and as she sat up she once more tried to coil her tail around her as she had seen Aka do so many times before.

"This will take some getting used to..." Evalin whispered, running a hand over her scaly hide.

"Indeed." Tsenrika floated to hover over her right shoulder, "Do try not to fall too often."

ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

A God's Form

Postby Traverse on January 18th, 2015, 10:25 pm

Evalin

Experience:

• Endurance 2 XP
  • Familiary 1 XP
  • Morphing 3 XP
  • Observation 2 XP
  • Philosophy 1 XP
  • Rhetoric 2 XP

Lore:

• Determining the Proper Form for a Goddess
  • Vampire Bat Wings: A Good Start for a Different Form
  • The Natural Beauty of Serpents
  • Holding and Utilizing the Shape of a Dhani

Additional Notes :
Really liked this thread, and i cannot wait to see Evalin put these morphing pieces together into one or more cool God-like forms. I gave a point in Familiary for the cool utilizing of Tsenrika's mirror image and sight to help with morphing, and gave 2 points in morphing for your last post because there was so much detail in it.

If you have any questions, concerns, accolades, complaints, etc about your grade, drop me a PM and we can most certainly talk it out.

As always, Safe Travels!
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)