PM to join [The Silver Tongue] Setting it in Stone.

Firenze gets her favorite trinket as a necklace.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

[The Silver Tongue] Setting it in Stone.

Postby Firenze on November 22nd, 2014, 7:52 am

70 Fall, 514 AV

It was another day like any other, Firenze was lying on her bed, bored of the mundane day. She'd decided to take today off from hunting and it was starting to drive her a little crazy. She didn't know what to do with herself. Snapping up from the bed she paced around the room. Her energy was piqued and she was restless. It was showing in the way she paced back and forth, feeling as if she might wear a spot in the floor. Trying to think of what she could do for the day other then hunting, she began whistling a nonsensical tune to herself.

She stopped at the window of the shack and took a look out. She hadn't cleaned it since she'd moved in and dust had settled on the sill, a fine layer of dirt on the pane. Turning around she went to her chest, sitting next to it was a ratty pile of tattered furs. Grabbing one that still had a fair about of fur that hadn't been ripped by her teeth, she took it to the window. Using the tail of the animal to dust off the ledge, and then turning it to use the fur to wipe off the window. A few streaks had been left but at least she could see out of it a little better now.

She took the few steps back over to the meager pile of furs and dropped the now dusty rag of fur back with the others. Looking out the window, all she could see were other shacks, it wasn't a very good view to say the least.
At least it let's the sun in I suppose... Fire stood there for a few chimes, elbows resting on the sill, her head on her arms, watching out the window.

What to do... Without thinking she reached into her pocket and started fiddling with the glass that Nellie had given her, rubbing it's smooth surface between her fingers. Once she'd realized what she had been doing she pulled it out of her pocket and held it up to the light that was filtering in through the window. The light dances and reflected off the surfaces, casting purplish hues on her face. The object reminded her of Nellie, but the color reminding her of Dor'gen. She wanted to keep it close to her, so she always carried it in her pocket. Unfortunately this also caused her to worry constantly about losing it.

She wondered for a moment if there was someone in town that might be able to do something with it so that she might be able to wear it as a necklace or bracelet or something of the sort. Pondering for a moment, she decided to go in to town to see if there might be a store that could set it for her.

Grabbing her pants she slipped them on over her undergarments. Then going through her meager clothing she pulled out her shirt, tossing it over her head. Slipping her boots on her feet and her cloak over her shoulders, she looked around to see if there might be anything else she needed before she headed out for her task.

OOC InfoWord Count = 535

Others | Firenze | Thoughts
Last edited by Firenze on November 22nd, 2014, 8:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Words: 674676
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2014, 8:25 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Mizahar Grader (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Firenze on November 22nd, 2014, 8:35 am

70 Fall, 514 AV

Closing the door behind her, making sure that it was shut, she set off down the street towards the shops. Passing the Seaside Market she made her way over the bride toward the gated area, in the direction of the Silver Tongue. Stopping in front of it she wondered if they would be able to set the stone for her.

Pushing the door open, it creaked as she went in. A woman stood behind the counter, draped in sparkling jewels, it looked as if she herself were sparkling. A smile played on her lips as she called out a welcoming,
"Hello!" Firenze returned the smile, excited to see there was someone who might be nice to her standing behind the counter. Looking around the shop, shiny little jewels sparkled, trinkets and baubles littered shelving. Amazed at all the shiny little objects that littered the store, Firenze stood in the door, staring with her mouth slightly agape.

"Come in! Come in! Don't want you to let the draft in, it's starting to get colder outside." The woman came from around the counter and near Fire. "I'm Cossette, I'm the owner of this lovely little shop, and whom might you be?" the woman purred, the jewels dangling from her ears swaying to and fro as she spoke. "Hi, I'm sorry, I'm Firenze," sticking her hand out toward the woman, they shook hands in greeting. "What brings you in today?" Cossette began making her way back around the counter top, "I know, you are looking for some golden jewels to put in your ears to match your eyes aren't you? Or how about this lovely little heart pin, it would be great to show off to someone special," she pulled the items out, placing them on the counter top.

"Those earrings are very beautiful, I do like them very much, but I'm actually here to see if you might be able to set this for me?" Fire pulled the charred glass out of her pocket and gently placed it on the table as though it were as precious as all the other gems that twinkled in the shop. The woman looked down at the glass, a puzzled look on her face for a moment. Picking it up she held it between her fingers, inspecting it, "This is what you want set? It's just but a bit of dirty glass my dear. Are you sure you wouldn't like something that sparkles a little more?" She placed it back onto the counter top, a false smile plastered on her face, "I'm sure we could find you something quite befitting."

Returning the smile gently, Fire lightly touched the glass piece,
"I'm sure, I don't know how I'd like it set though. What might look better? Or what would you suggest?"

OOC InfoWord Count = 464
Last edited by Firenze on November 22nd, 2014, 7:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Firenze on November 22nd, 2014, 10:29 am

70 Fall 514 AV

"I think we might be able to do something with it," the woman spoke, picking it up again, glancing at it from every angle, "I don't think it would make a very good bracelet and it's too large for earrings, considering that there's only one as well, that wouldn't work. How do you feel about a necklace? I'm sure it wouldn't be too large if you wore it similar to a pendant?" Fire kept her eyes on the glass as the woman spoke. She wondered if the woman would be able to make it low enough that it could rest almost near her heart and also so she could also tuck it into her shirt.

"That sounds good, could you make it low hanging?" She asked the woman. While the woman mulled it over, Firenze picked up one of the earrings and inspected it. It was very close to the same color as her eyes, but there were bits of flecks in the jewel. Fire wondered for a moment if that was how they were supposed to look or if it was because they weren't high quality, she didn't know the difference. The flecks just make her think of the earrings as a pair of eyes... her eyes. It was almost as if the pair were watching her as she watched them.

While she fiddled with the earrings, Cossette informed her that she could indeed set the smokey piece of glass to be a pendant.
"Wait here a moment, I'll see if there is something that I can do." She took the piece of glass with her and Firenze panicked for a moment, thinking the woman might take off with it. Fire realized that it might just be a piece of glass to some other person, but to her it meant friendship. It meant two orphaned girls, sharing a moment during a hard time in each of their lives. It brought back memories of them together, causing mischief or telling stories, confiding in each other.

She'd almost lost the piece several times over the year. Even keeping it in her pocket to keep it near her, trying to make sure that she wouldn't lose it, she had almost lost it. The thought of someone taking it away made Fire uneasy. Closing her eyes for a moment and counting to ten, she took a couple deep breaths and reassured herself that the woman had only taken it to get it set, so that Firenze might be able to keep it close, without the risk of it falling out of her pocket.

OOC InfoWord Count = 430
Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Firenze on November 22nd, 2014, 9:52 pm

70 Fall 514 AV

In an attempt to keep her mind busy, Firenze wandered away from the counter. Eyes scanning the different colored glass bottles that were perched on a nearby shelf. She reached out tentatively, her fingers gently brushing the slick surfaces. The array of tinted glass throwing their colors on the floor as the light from the windows bounced through the thin panes.

Little glass stoppers were protruding from the tops, some fat and round, others long and sleek. A few were so tall that it appeared they were almost as long as her hand. A few bottles didn’t have stoppers at all, in place of the slender glass pieces were little balls that you could squeeze.

Glancing over her shoulder, Fire checked to see if Cossette had come back into the room, she hadn't. Looking around the shop she didn’t see anyone else, so she decided to pick up one of the little bottles with the small bulb attached to it. Putting her fingers on it she squeezed, a spray flew, misting the immediate area, the scent wafting it’s way toward her. It didn’t smell too bad, but she didn’t think that it would be that she would personally wear.

Firenze wasn’t much for the overpowered scent that some woman might wear. She much preferred the scent of her hair and skin after the sun had warmed it all day, or the scent of a crisp cool breeze in the morning. Lighter smells were definitely more her.

Placing the fragile glass back on the shelf, she tried to make sure that it was pushed back far enough so that it wouldn’t fall off, then made her way over to some earring pairs that were laid out in a neat row on top of a table.

Light refracted through the inlayed jewels, there were only a few here or there on some of the pieces of molded metals, but they accentuated the designs, instead of taking away. Fire liked that they were more simplistic in design. She loved sparkly things, but sometimes less was more.

As Fire fiddled with the items on the table Cossette came out from the back room, she’d only been waiting for maybe a bell or so. Fire made her way over to the main counter area, excited to see what Cossette had done with the glass.

“Here you are!” The woman proclaimed, holding the pendant up so that Firenze could see it. It appeared that in the short amount of time Cossette had it, she’d done a rather good job of securing it and placing it on a chain for her. “Do you know how much it will be for your services?” As she asked she stuck her hand in her pocket, preparing to pull out the mizas needed to pay.

“Considering it’s just a piece of glass and not a precious stone or anything, it’ll just be one silver for it. It wasn’t to particularly hard to set.” Firenze handed over the miza and Cossette dropped the newly created pendant in her outstretched hand.

Looking it over, it appear that she had wrapped the glass with some copper wire in a pretty curving fashion so that the sharp odds and ends of the glass fit snuggly. Twisting at the top it formed a loop and then the chain of the necklace was slipped through the loop at the top.

Firenze slid it over the top over her head, reached up and pulled her unruly hair through. As the necklace laid itself comfortably along her chest, it slipped between her breasts resting just under the top of her tunic.

"Is there anything else I might be able to help you with today? Perhaps a bracelet and set of earrings to go with your new necklace?" Corsette purred at the the thought of more mizas making their way into her hands.

Firenze looked around the shop, wondering if there might truly be any earrings or other items that would go with her new necklace. She wouldn't mind having matching items. Rubbing the mizas in her pocket she let her eyes scan the jewelry in the shop.
"I think I'm okay right now. I may come back at a different time to try to find something to match if that works for you?" She smiled at the woman, glad that she could provide a needed service for her.

"Anytime! If you're looking for it, I'm sure I could find it for you one way or another. You just come back here and let me know." Cossette watched Firenze turn and leave the shop. The door closing lightly behind her.

OOC InfoWord Count 770

Receipt:
Necklace Setting/Copper Cost - 1 SM

Charred Glass Pendant:

Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Vanari on December 16th, 2014, 11:31 pm

Firenze
Observation +3 XP
Housekeeping +1 XP
Interrogation +2 XP
Rhetoric +2 XP

Lores :
  • Cosette: Owner of Silver Tongues
  • Nellie's Gift: More Than a Piece of Glass
  • No Love for Perfume
  • Sometimes Less is More
  • Settting Nellie's Gift

Loot :
+1 necklace
-1 SM

Notes :
Good job!

Please don't hesitate to PM me with questions, comments, or concerns! Also, remember to edit your grade request as "graded."

Cheers :D

A lonely heart is better than a bored one.

"Your Speech"
"My Speech"
"Vani"
Vanari
Vantha Vagrant

Words: 372424
Joined roleplay: July 29th, 2013, 12:20 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)