Brawl in the Tavern (Finished)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Brawl in the Tavern (Open)

Postby Garett on October 31st, 2010, 1:20 pm

((OOC: In case you hadn't noticed, Garett was standing up. Also, Garett wasn't in plate, he used his dinner plate to block the incoming attack. I have a feeling that someone skimmed through my post... No matter, I'll just go with it as if he was on the ground.))

Garett groaned as he stood up. It appeared that the fight was mostly over, with many dead and many more wounded. There were only 4 people standing (including him) who weren't looting. The tavern would likely have an investigation, probably by the friends and family of the dead and wounded. Not that it would lead very far. If anyone was to blame, it was the dead man who first challenged Garett. But what can you do to a dead man? They would probably just throw the blame on someone, and kill them in some gory way.

The man with the ridiculous orange cape had stopped grinning like the idiot he was by now, but that stupid smile came back when he went over to the bar and yelled, "It's a miracle," while looking at his mug of some drink, probably mead or beer. Garett noticed that the other man who had a sword was cautiously approaching the man with the cape. It didn't really matter to him, though, he just needed someone to heal him. Although unlikely, it was possible that one of the other fighters knew something about mending wounds, and it was probably cheaper asking one of them (as much as he hated doing it) than going to a professional.

Garett walked towards them, limping a bit on his left leg. Damn, he thought, Someone must have broken a bone. If that person isn't dead already, they will soon wish they were... He finally reached the bar, sat down, and said through gritted teeth, "Do any of you know anything about healing? I broke my left leg."
Last edited by Garett on October 31st, 2010, 3:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Garett
The Rogue

Words: 16542
Joined roleplay: October 27th, 2010, 10:41 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Niera on October 31st, 2010, 2:30 pm

(OOC: apologies ^^ lol i'll try to make sure it doesn't happen again)

Sat quietly in the corner Niera noticed the man in trouble earlier he was looking for healing. Unfortunately Niera knew nothing of healing, after all she wasn't that type of person but something about him made her feel a little sorry for him.

Looking down at her cup, it was empty. Gracefully Niera moved behind the counter helping herself to yet another pint of ale, she looked at the man now sitting down not too far away from her for a moment. He was admirable for being able to walk with a broken leg, with a look of curiousity she couldn't help but smile at him, her golden eyes not angry this time but sympathetic ...Smile? why the hell did she feel happy? she whispered to herself under her breath "I must be getting soft" getting another mug she poured another pint of ale and slid it over to the guy. "I'm no first aider, I don't know about those two over there but I'll try to help you if I can"
Niera
The Fox

Words: 27471
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2010, 12:25 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Garett on October 31st, 2010, 3:40 pm

Garett noticed the one remaining lady (who had, surprisingly to Garett, managed to hold her own) in the room stood up from where she was sitting, and moved over behind the counter. She filled her mug full of ale, then glanced at Garett with a look and a smile that was somewhere between sympathy, close-to-admiration, and... Almost lovingly? Garett shook his head, he must be confused. No one had ever loved him, and no one ever would. "I must be getting soft," Garett heard the lady murmur under her breath, probably not intending for Garett to hear it. She then poured a pint of ale, and passed the mug to Garett. "I'm no first aider," she told Garret, "I don't know about those two over there but I'll try to help you if I can."

"Thanks," Garett said, though there was no real malice in his voice. It sometimes helped to be polite, and this seemed like a good situation. He took a sip of his ale. It was of good quality, normally the stuff that was rather expensive. Well, at least one good thing had come out of this fight. "By the way, my name is Garett." He told the lady. "And we might want to get out of here soon, before someone finds this mess." He glanced at the door, as if someone might come in any second. All the looters were gone by now, and probably had good sense in doing so. But Garett wasn't in any condition to move, at least not very far. Thank the gods that someone here can help, He thought, Or at least is willing to try. That's more than I can say for most people around here...

((OOC: Sorry if I misinterpreted the look that she gave Garett, but it seemed more... Interesting this way. It might lead to some interesting developments, to say the least.))
Garett
The Rogue

Character sheet

Postby Niera on October 31st, 2010, 4:21 pm

The now confused looking man suggested they get out of there soon; she nodded and grabbed a bottle of wine putting it on the surface in front of the man confused. "You're right, I need to get you out of here as soon as possible." she replied quite curtly, she was quite aware of the situation they were in, it would take her seconds to get away. In fact, Niera could probably stay there and still not be noticed. Looking around all she could see were shirts covered in blood, they would be no good as a bandage. Her own clothes remained unspoiled but it was the only pair she had and she really didn't want to buy another one. Searching around finally she managed to find a clean piece of clothing from one of the bodies, she ripped the cloth into sections and made her way toward the hurt stranger, breaking off a table leg on her way toward him so the man could use something to lean on.

Taking the bottle off of the surface Niera approached the man and kneeled down to inspect his leg, there was no wound just a large bruise. Putting the wine aside Niera gently wrapped the cloth around the man's leg hopefully it would sort itself out but for now it didn't need anything getting cut. When she had finished Niera stood up "Would you prefer to walk? Or would you prefer a strange woman to carry you?" she asked quite bluntly. Niera told the situation as it was, she didn't exactly know him nor he know her. So it was a bit of a chance.

(OOC: lol not a problem.)
Niera
The Fox

Character sheet

Postby Garett on November 1st, 2010, 12:19 am

"You're right, I need to get you out of here as soon as possible." The lady said, no hint of worry in her voice, and walked away from the bar. Garett assumed that she was looking for something, since she was checking the corpses. However, he wondered why she was so nonchalant about this. Someone could come in at any moment, and then they would all be in trouble.

The longer it takes her, the longer it will take for me to get out, Garett thought bitterly, And every second there is more and more chance that we'll get caught. Why is she so... Carefree? She's got to have some reason behind this. But I'll get to the questions later... The lady came back, holding a piece of cloth. It looked like it was torn from some spare clothing, and the fact that it wasn't bloodstained was almost miraculous. While she was walking back, she snapped the leg off a table, and Garett assumed that it was going to be a makeshift splint.

The lady pulled a bottle of wine off the bar, and examined the wound. It looked like a bad bruise, but there was definitely something broken. The lady put the wine aside, and used the table leg and the cloth to make a makeshift splint. After finishing, she bluntly asked Garett, "Would you prefer to walk? Or would you prefer a strange woman to carry you?"

"I can walk myself, thank you..." Garett tried to stand up, but winced in pain and almost fell over. "On second thought, I might need a strange woman to carry me."
Garett
The Rogue

Character sheet

Postby Markus Boadicea on November 1st, 2010, 6:57 am

As Markus approached the swordsman in the orange cape managed to fell his remaining adversaries. From this distance Markus could make out the annoyed expression on his face, obviously he wasn't enjoying himself. All of a sudden the man made his way back to the bar, where he proclaimed rather loudly, pick up a mug and made himself at home amongst the corpses which lay at his feet. Two other survivors also made their way across the bar. A man and a woman, they looked young, a boy and a girl is probably more actuate actually, mere children really. Markus gave himself a moment to observe the scene for a moment. The boy and the girl were at one end of the bar. They appeared to be sending gestures and expressions back and forth that could be likened to that of love struck primary schoolers. Personally Markus found these sentiments disgusting and instead choose to return his focus to the orange caped swordsman who was taking generous sips from the mug which he had obtained earlier.
'Apparently riots pass rather quickly in this part of the world'

Markus apathetic sighed and returned his blood stained weapon to it's holder, taking this chance to look himself over for any injuries. Luckily Markus had only accumulated very minor injuries during this fight he did notice that his dark clothing had accumulated quick a bit of blood which in turn coloured it and even darker shade. Markus returned his gaze to the people around the bar once more. It seemed that the young ones had finally gained the courage to interact with one another. From the looks of it the girl was administrating medical care to the boy, or trying to anyway, and beginning to help him up.
' I should go before a crowd is attracted to the previous commotion'

Markus worried about law enforcers. This town seemed like the kind of place that didn't think much of the law. What Markus did want to avoid was to be found by another hoard of outlaws, especially since he was standing knee deep in their buddies rotting corpses. Markus quietly walked towards the door and exited the tavern not wanting to disturb the others.

It was only after he had left the tavern that he remembered how much he missed fresh air. A cool breeze kissed Markus' face and steadily danced with a nearby tree. Just as Markus was about to depart he noticed that his pocket was lighter. It would appear that during the fight he had lost the last of his coin. Markus let out a small annoyed groan.
'This is just what I need... What do I do now?... I suppose I could return inside and steal a bit of coin of those filthy bags of meat who pass as street thugs in there... or....'

Markus heard movement from inside the tavern. The Girl must have finally gotten the boy up. For a moment Markus was silent in contemplation, thoughts swirled in his head, he was plotting out how he was going to do this. With a stealthy haste, Markus made his way to the side of the tavern and crouched down behind the corner. Markus pressed his ear against the wall of the tavern. The sounds of activity were closer then they were before... someone laughed. With a cold, emotionless expression on his face Markus withdrew his crossbow and slowly slid the bolt into it.
I can do no evil, or I do not know what evil is.
Markus Boadicea
Fall O'Mighty God as I tear down the heavens.

Words: 11017
Joined roleplay: October 29th, 2010, 6:52 am
Character sheet

Postby Niera on November 2nd, 2010, 12:04 am

The intruiging man infront of Niera daringly tried to stand up by himself up but failed. "On second thought. I might need a strange woman to carry me" Niera nodded quickly, she was in cautious thought. Her senses fully alert for any sign of danger. From outside of the door she could hear the footsteps of one of the men who had survived, he didn't seem to wander off which was odd but somebody else's buisness didn't matter to her.

There was nobody else outside, yet. Suddenly she heard loud voices shouting. "The law enforcers are coming down the street at this very moment" with alot of effort Niera gently lifted the man. With the weight her movements weren't as graceful as they would usually be but she was still able to keep her balance, he weighed a ton! It felt strange holding a man in her arms feeling the outline of his muscular body, his warm body against her cool white skin. Shrugging it off, her thoughts became more stereotypical. Wasn't it usually the other way around? the man would hold the woman in thier arms? it was odd. But none the less she kind of liked it, it amused her to say the least.

Holding the man near to her Niera walked toward the back of the tavern being sure to dodge anything that they could bang in to find the back door, she wouldn't be able to carry this man for long without a break. For some reason she didn't want this man to get caught, she wasn't that bothered about herself, she knew she could get away in an instant. But then again if something did happen to this man it wouldn't really effect her alot either. Unfortunately she had no hands free and the door was closed with a latch. "Do you think you could open that?" Niera asked Garret looking down at him with a mysterious expression, her rich golden eyes letting off no sense of fear, her tone casual and relaxed.
Niera
The Fox

Character sheet

Postby Garett on November 2nd, 2010, 8:11 pm

A voice outside the tavern shouted, "The law enforcers are coming down the street at this very moment!". It seemed that it was time to get out of here, or something bad might happen...

The lady strenuously picked Garett up, and seemed to have trouble holding his weight. He didn't consider himself to be too heavy, but maybe she just wasn't the strongest person. But if she wasn't strong, how would she be able to beat up so many people in the fight? It didn't matter, he could ask her later. In fact, there were quite a few questions that he wanted to ask her, but now was not the time. The lady walked quickly, but carefully, down the main area. She seemed to be straining, but barely showed it and kept walking. Eventually, they got to a back door. "Do you think you could open that?" She asked Garett casually, giving him a strange, unreadable expression.

"I believe I can," Garett responded just as casually as her, as if they were going on a stroll instead of running from the 'law enforcers'. He leaned over, careful not to overbalance the lady, and lifted the latch. "Let's get going before the 'law enforcers' come and beat us to death, or something like that," Garett said, and pushed the door open.

((OOC: I think that there's not much else I personally can do with this thread, but if anyone else wants to continue, go for it. I won't call it closed yet, but I'll wait until it seems to be over.))
Garett
The Rogue

Character sheet

Postby Markus Boadicea on November 3rd, 2010, 7:29 am

The violent yelling broke the still atmosphere. It seemed like a rather sizeable mob was on its way, this was definitely an inconvenience. However, judging from the sound of it they were far enough away for his plan to succeed without interruption, as long as he worked quickly he could get this done and be on his way.

The door opened abruptly and the girl came scurrying out fumbling to carry the injured boy in her arms, just who he was hoping for. Markus had witnessed the chemistry between these two earlier. While he couldn't be sure that his hypothesis was correct, something told him that this girl wasn't the type of person who would risk the life of a stranger, least of all one she had feelings for. Furthermore, the boy was injured, perhaps not critically but enough so that he would require first aid which in turn ment that he probably wouldn't put up a fight. They were easy prey; Markus' only concern was the mob which was making its way towards the tavern. Investigators had arrived sooner than Markus had initially thought. It would seem as if there was now a time limit on his little operation. So wasting no time Markus quickly side stepped out from the shadows cast by the tavern, his crossbow squarely fixed at the injured boy’s chest.
"Stop now or the boy dies"

Markus’s voice caused the girl to stop in her tracks. Markus was slightly surprised; the bitter harshness that was contained within his threat seemed to chill the air the very air. As she turned to face him, Markus stilled what little emotion was played on his face.
I can do no evil, or I do not know what evil is.
Markus Boadicea
Fall O'Mighty God as I tear down the heavens.

Words: 11017
Joined roleplay: October 29th, 2010, 6:52 am
Character sheet

Postby Niera on November 3rd, 2010, 5:27 pm

(OOC: please note that Niera isn't moving but whatever, I'll go along with it. Neither have you put any points on your character sheet it's a little confusing. Thread finished for me.)

Looking blankly at the man now standing infront of her Niera couldn't help but laugh at his threat, the threat meant nothing to her. Although it might scare most people, she was a predator. With a predatory look Niera showed Markus her long, sharp vicious fangs that were ready to kill, he was now her prey. An outstandingly cruel smile swept across Niera pale face,"Whatever" putting Garret down for a second she just laughed and closed the door, locking it by closing the latch. Niera picked Garret up again, she could smell another exit not to far away it was a trap door. Putting him down again to open it Niera slowly opened it taking herself down and then pulling Garret toward her trying not to hurt him, it was impossible not to hurt him a little but ah well. Laying him against the underground wall she climbed back up to the door and closed it...finally it was over.
Niera
The Fox

Character sheet

PreviousNext