Solo [Solo] Information today that is gone tomorrow.

Aider works to sell some information.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

[Solo] Information today that is gone tomorrow.

Postby Aider Silander on November 30th, 2014, 4:33 am

38th Fall, 514 AV

The day's were growing shorter as were the mans coin. The Nykian sighed and shook his head. The information business was slow, even in the city of chaos. There was very little he had to choose from at the moment as everyone was grabbing food and hiding it for the harsh winter that was sure to come. The man walked through the streets his knuckleduster wrapped around his hand. It was a few days past since he had met up with Kaie and lurked about for the secrets of Ruby's or at least a partal amount of them but even those did not give him enough to last for more then a few days into next season and the winter was not a time that he wanted to get caught with little money. He grumbled to himself under his breath and his eyes darted from face to covered face of the people he was walking by in the crowds.

His mind wandered back to Kaie and maybe trying to get a steadier job with Ruby so he could just stay there. But the man had little skills in the area of guarding and becoming a whore was not on the top of his list.
"Gods be damned" he mumbled under his breath. Every day living in this city had caused the man to wish he could go back and learn to fight. To take up his father on his offering to teach him to swing a sword. He had taken the lessons of intelligence and archery but past that Aider could not see if it would truly ever come in handy. He did not think that one day he would be in a city of chaos and death trying to survive and struggling at that. He had lied to Kaie, saying that he would be fine and that he had enough money to last until he left the city.

She was the only one he trusted in the city and the only one he really knew. He had met others but none had made any true impact on his life. He wondered if they even would remember him if he just vanished. It would probably not be likely. The man sighed and tried to push the thoughts out of his head. His cloak wrapped around his body hid his quiver and bow beneath it. The man was fed up with everything that was happening in the city and he wished he held the power to change it. But he would not have the slightest clue where to start and the rumors that had been going around about the Red Wolf's death had made it seem that there would be little chance for his interaction with them or even a small chance that the city would actually change for better or worse. Ether way the man needed to focus on the here and now.

The crowd thickened as he left the sunset quarter and made his way to the market. Bumping body against body as the man pushed his way through. Barking at people to move out of the way when they stepped in front of him. He pushed a man out of the way and stumbled into a clearing in the market. A shake of his head and a mumble under his breath was all it took for the man to focus again. His eyes scanned the crowd, looking for anyone of a fake importance to some petty gang member. Anything that he could use to his advantage. Someone he could watch or follow to gather some information on. The streets had been dry for him, apparent from a few misplaced rumors and guesses that had turned into nothing. The man was desperate for some real information and desperate to get out of the shykehole of a city. The combination was not good for the mans focus and blinded him to the falsehood of rumors that flowed around the city.

The griping and chatter of humans and other humanoids echoed in his ears as he scanned the stalls of the market, people ignoring him as he stood off to the side. It was only when his eyes landed on a semi-familiar face did he move. Following behind the female he had seen at Ruby's a few days before. The one that Kaie had told him about in the first place. He followed behind her as close as he could while she made her way through the market. Staying in ear shot of her to pick up anything she said, as his eyes weakly previewed some of the wares in the market. Once she spoke his notions were confirmed, it was in fact the girl he had watched leave with the Daggerhand members.

He moved through the crowd again, following close behind the woman until she slipped into an ally that was less crowded then the main streets. Aider moved and reached out to grab her wrist, causing her to stop and turn around to question him. His cloak had been pulled up to hid the upper half of his face. He cleared his throat and then spoke
"Lily, I have a few questions for you." His voice was strong and secure, poured thick with his Nykian accent. "Why were you with those two Daggerhands? I saw you leave with them a few nights back and have heard that it is a common thing for you." The whore remained quiet only, staring at the mans hidden face. A sigh escaped his lips and he squeezed down on her wrist. "Tell me and I will let you go no further questions" he said, anger pushing his words. He had no time to play nice and work the information out like he normally would. He needed it now and would have to test his own ability to test if she was lying or not.

They stood there for a few times before she decided to speak.
"I offer them pleasure outside of Ruby's and they pay extra and throw in some benefits" she said looking away from him. Usually a sign that the target was lying, but her tone said otherwise. Aider stood there for a moment, her hand still grasped in his before he decided to speak again. "What do you mean by extra? Drugs? Protection?" She looked up at him and nodded her head, "Both" was the only word to escape her lips. Aider released her wrist and quickly turned away from her. His cloak flared behind him as he walked out of the ally and back into the market to break her line of sight if she decide to continue to watch him.

Hey all, just wanted to say I am sorry for any delays and failed promises. I am getting ready for a huge trip out of the country as well as taking on a lot of extra shifts at work. The creative side of my brain hasn't been active as of late.
Aider Silander
She has my heart on the end of her blade.

Words: 170163
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2013, 4:03 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Aider Silander on December 9th, 2014, 5:36 am

The man continued to walk as he pondered over what to do with the information. His first thought was to take it to Ruby and sell it to her. Informing her alone would be enough to get him some sort of reward, or so he felt. But the man could not be to sure. The way the woman known as Ruby was a complicated one and one that Aider had not come to fully understand yet. Though he had not spent much time trying to find out much about her. She held more power in the city then he was comfortable trying to go against alone and he had no real reason to. Though she maybe a woman of pleasure, Ruby knew how to get things done and he admired that about her.

His feet carried him along the packed roads and dirty streets as he made his way towards Ruby's. He stopped outside to look at a single Akalak guard who stood guard. Aider calmly walked up to him and lowered his hood.
" I need to talk to Ruby, is there any way you can take me to see her?" he asked politely looking up at the Akalak who towered over him. A race that had never been to high on the Nykian priority list, he had seen one or two in Nyka a few times. Coming to be a monk or learn a special style of fighting. He never really cared to dig into it or them. The Akalak looked down at him and shook his head. "She is not here" he said in a resounding voice. Aider sighed and nodded "Oh well then, tell her that a friend of Kaie's came looking to talk to her if you don't mind" he said before turning away and walking down the road.

Another bump in the mans road. He pulled his hood back up and quickened his step. He had no reason to hang around this distract, he needed to see if he could find anymore information or maybe find Ruby herself. But it could wait, the man felt that he would come by later in the season, if not to talk to her then to visit Kaie.

As he walked throw the crowd a man charged at him. Pushing him into one of the alley ways and onto his back. The man stood up dagger in his hand looking at Aider with a grim face. The man shook obviously and held his dagger loosely. Aider eyed the man hurrying to his feet and pulling the knuckleduster out of his pocket and wrapped it tightly around his hand. Staring deep into his eyes he noticed how dilated they were.
"My boss want's you dead! You've been snooping around to much!" the man spat, mist flinging from his lips as he pointed the dagger at Aider. "So I am gonna kill you!" he said running at Aider.

Aider stepped to the side just barley missing the dagger. Aider quickly moved to untie his cloak and let it fall to the floor. He spread his feet apart and brought his fist up to guard his face, one wrapped in the spiked leather strip that he used as a weapon. It was cruel in its looks and its effects but it was easy to hide and use, it suited Aider perfectly.

Hey all, just wanted to say I am sorry for any delays and failed promises. I am getting ready for a huge trip out of the country as well as taking on a lot of extra shifts at work. The creative side of my brain hasn't been active as of late.
Aider Silander

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Aider Silander on December 10th, 2014, 3:24 am

Aider watched the man as he stood across from him. The blade still gripped tightly in his hands. His eyes wide as if he was surprised that the Nykian had been able to move. The man came at Aider again, slowly and then thrusted the blade towards him. Cutting through the cloth one Aiders sleeve. He winced feeling the black scrapped against his arm, and moved to launch his own attack. He grabbed the mans arm and pulled him closer, making him lose his balance and stumble to the floor. He brought back his fist, with the knuckleduster around it, and brought it down against the mans shoulder. The man screamed out and pulled away from Aider.

"The boss will pay me nicely when I am done with you! You petching Nykian rat" the attacker screeched. Aider sighed, the man knowing that he was a Nykian was to much to just let roam around the city. He would have to spill the mans blood if he liked it or not. This time Aider moved forward grabbing the mans hand that held the dagger before he could pull it away and throwing his hand back into the stone wall. The man dropped the dagger but in turn threw a punch that connected with Aider's jaw, causing him to turn his head and spit. Aider stepped sideways, putting the dagger and stone wall to his back and rushed forward. Ducking under the mans out swinging arm and connecting Aider's shoulder with his stomach. He lifted him slightly and pushed him back into the wall. He pulled back and punched the man in the gut with his bare fist. The man leaned forward and spat on the ground before bringing his head forward and headbutting Aider's chest, causing the Nykian to stumble backwards.

The man rushed forward and grabbed Aider by the neck. Squeezing down with his thin hand and using the strength he had to shove Aider against the wall. Aider's free hand grabbed at the mans hand, trying to yank it from his throat. He coughed and struggled as the man tried to choke the life out of him. Aider brought his knee up crashing against his attackers chest and removing his hand from his throat.

Aider coughed as the air rushed back to his lungs. He looked up to see the attacker going to get his dagger again. Aider moved to grab the back of his neck and brought his knuckleduster up into the air. He slammed it down against the mans skull, hearing the skin rip and a quiet crack of the bone. Aider continued to strike against the mans head until the crimson liquid flowed freely. He sighed taking deep breaths as he knelt there next to the lifeless body. The Nykian shook his head and looked down at his hand. Blood covered the knuckleduster and a slight smile spread across his face.

He stood up and picked up the dagger after sliding his knuckleduster back into his pants pocket. He moved to retrieve his cloak and retired it around his neck. He grabbed the body by the ankles and pulled it deeper into the alley. Before making his exit, if the man had any faith in the god's he might have offered up a prayer.
"Idiot" was the only word that escaped the Nykians lips as he walked down the street again. Holding the dagger in his hand that was hidden beneath his cloak. The man knew he was going to be sore tomorrow and now knew that he had to watch his back. Someone had taken notice of his snooping and he was not sure who it was.

Aider Silander

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Jashkataal on January 28th, 2015, 3:03 am

“Heroes know that things must happen when it is time for them to happen. A quest may not simply be abandoned; unicorns may go unrescued for a long time, but not forever; a happy ending cannot come in the middle of the story.” ― Peter S. Beagle, The Last Unicorn

Aider Silander
Experience
  • Brawling +1
  • Intelligence +3
  • Intimidation +1
  • Investigation +1
  • Observation +1
  • Stealth +1
  • Tracking +1
  • Unarmed Combat +2
  • Wrestling +1
Lores
  • Lily the prostitue
  • Daggerhands running drugs
  • An Akalak by sight
  • Sound of bone splitting
  • Alleyway a place for a fight
Miscellaneous
  • Soreness: 3-5 days of muscle ache - or a Rank 1 Healer can cure it instantly.

Well done, and a nice introduction to the intelligence skill for me.

If you have any concerns, please do not hesitate to send a PM. Please remember to delete your grade request. The pleasure was all mine.

Regards,
~Jashkataal
Jashkataal
Lovely, Deep and Dark

Words: 22093
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2014, 9:35 am
Race: Ghost
Character sheet