Living Arrangements (Kovac)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Postby Shayth on December 11th, 2010, 10:20 pm

It was impossible not to notice the tone of Kovac's voice. He was....not frightened of Turiska, maybe...but he wasn't comfortable with her. Who really would be though? The wind eagle was temperamental, violent and prone to outbursts. Shayth trusted her, and loved her, but even that bond was breakable. If Turiska wanted Kovac dead, it would happen and Shayth would only be in the way. For now though, the eagle seemed to tolerate him - the endal's words about death and life there-after cutting her deeply.

There was a moment where Shayth paused, still smiling, but not saying a word. In her head, she was processing the avora's words. He was going already? It wasn't like he was tied to her - he wasn't even a permanent fixture in her house. It was sort of a...place for him if he wanted it. And if he was hunting, which was a must for the lively hood of their people, then who the hell was she to stop that? Still...it niggled. Damn him, and damn that grin he used on her. Nodding to herself, the endal rested her hands on her hips.

"Eh, I'm sure I can entertain myself whilst your away. Besides, Turiska would probably know every intimate detail of your hunt. Wind-eagles are huge gossips." Turning to face the archer, Shayth raised an eyebrow.

"I'd find out just how terrible a hunter you are in real life...when the target is actually moving." She joked, blue eyes sparkling with cheek.

Shayth
Player

Words: 82559
Joined roleplay: June 19th, 2010, 4:49 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kovac on December 13th, 2010, 5:56 pm

Kovac laughed. Gods he loved her snarky bite. But there was, or could be, more to be read between the lines of Shayth's comments. Was it a vague threat to watch what he does, that Turiska, and subsequently the Rider, would know what happened while he was away? What was she worried he would do? They had traded veiled barbs that poked at the subject of exclusivity. Kovac no longer denied he had feelings for Shayth. He had tested Shayth with his Drudge comment to see how she may feel about him, a rather rude way he conceded, but she did respond rather vehemently. It had, in fact, pleased him that it seemed to irk her. Actually, he found a sick delight in irking the fiery Endal in general.

"Well, I will surely have to behave myself then won't I."
He took several steps towards Shayth, sporting his rakish grin. "I certainly would not want to endanger my cozy new living arrangement, would I?" Kovac tried to shake the uneasiness of knowing the cantakerous Wind Eagle was somewhere in the aerie. Being close to Shayth helped alleviate that anxiety. The Avora came to a stop, well within Shayth's personal space, a habit he enjoyed, knowing how it affected the Rider. His green eyes fixed on her lively blue ones, playful again. The two of them were masters of inuendo and subtle suggestion. There was no doubt in Kovac's mind that this arrangement was intended to give the denying lovers that chance to be together without having to sneak around. But the game continued, a delicious charade they carried out, each waiting for the other to cave in and admit the truth.

"When I return, I will insist on some intense training sessions, including work at the range and fitness training here in the aerie." The archer's tone was more suggestive than instructive. "But again, you are the Endal, so I suppose I must abide by your wishes." The cynical Avora had discovered a distinct excitment in submitting himself to the higher ranking redhead, and defying her was equally thrilling.
Kovac
Snarky Mongrel

Words: 534544
Joined roleplay: March 1st, 2010, 7:19 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Shayth on December 17th, 2010, 11:15 am

Shayth resisted the flutter in her stomach as he moved closer, unwilling to allow the irritating man to see just how easily her heart rate increased when he moved near or the sudden change in her breathing as she became aware of his skin so close to hers it radiated its own heat. He looked into her own eyes, mischief and blatant rebellion glimmering in his gaze. The endal chuckled a little, shaking her head as he spoke and ignoring the sly tone in his voice. Lust, love - whatever it was the archer had her stubbornly around his pinky. Damn him.

As Kovac continued, his words and tone more than suggestive, Shayth's wry smile turned into a broad grin and she raised an eyebrow again. A game of cat and mouse, dangerous at best - but one they played to a tee. Taking the bait, the redhead made a show of thinking about his words. She hummed softly and placed a finger on her chin.

"Indeed, its always wise to pay heed to your betters. As an endal, I think it would be in everyone's best interests if we started as soon as you got back. Intense...hard...long training sessions. Both indoors, and out." Still grinning, the rider took a moment to look the avora over, before making a small sound of approval.

"By then, I should be a lot less fragile. Shame though, I would have loved to started this new fitness training before you left. It would have helped give me a better understanding of what to expect. But well," The blue eyed woman shrugged a little, unable to help herself. Yes she hurt, yes it was probably more serious than a little strain....but Kovac's presence stirred her senses. Damn.

Shayth
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kovac on December 17th, 2010, 6:06 pm

Ah, there it was, the tantalizing transformation from headstrong Endal to seductress. She bit on the innuendo he had dangled before her and his nerves danced as the game took a familiar and rewarding turn. He steadied himself as he moved closer, feeling the warmth of her breath against his bare chest. She was intoxicating, especially so close.

"Well, I will abide by your wishes then, we will begin our rigorous regime when I return." The double-meaning carried along with the conversation.

"However, I do not wish to disappoint you."
Kovac's eyes darted from Shayth's cool blue eyes to her bruised side. "Perhaps you can't get a full sample of the workouts I have planned, but I believe I could give you a taste without causing too much discomfort to your injury. I hate to leave you....wanting." The Avora was intimately close to Shayth now, his voice thick with suggestion. His hand laid very lightly on her bruised ribs, a physical assurance that he indeed did not intent to cause her pain.

Leaning in, Kovac took the liberty of kissing Shayth, a long, lingering soulful kiss, while his other hand slipped to her waist. His lips pulled from hers, and he whispered in her ear. "I think you need some personal attention Endal, I will be careful."
Kovac
Snarky Mongrel

Words: 534544
Joined roleplay: March 1st, 2010, 7:19 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Shayth on December 17th, 2010, 11:21 pm

As the avora wrapped his arm around her waist in an uncharacteristic show of gentleness, Shayth couldn't help but laugh as her lips still tingled from his kiss. Their relationship - or whatever it was they could call it - was built on physical magnetism and passion, and it seemed almost all their interactions resulted in extra curricular activities.

Still, she couldn't complain. They were good.

Biting her lower lip as she considered his offer, the endal glanced at the archway to Turiska's aerie. If they were quiet...

"Such a dedicated teacher." She said softly, the amusement in her voice apparent wrapped in delight. Moving away slightly, she took his hand from her ribs and led the archer toward the last room in her home. Her bedroom. Inside, the floor was covered with a thick rich rug, woven around the stone carved bed. Warm, soft hides and full feather pillows devoured the bed and small niches in the wall held soft tallow candles. A fireplace was carefully carved into a side wall, dead ashes never re-lit since Shayths occupancy. An elaborately carved wardrobe sat against the other wall - empty inside. Around the room, there were hangings and decorative glass creations of all kinds. Clearly the last tenant was close to an artist. Standing at the doorway, the redhead looked at the unused bed. The furs were turned and shaken out regularly to keep them fresh and dust hadn't had a chance to settle on the shelves since the last time a dek had visited. It was cold and dark, the fireplace unlit.

Leading Kovac inside, the endal turned to face him and sat on the edge of the bed gingerly. Pulling the avora down into a slow and decadent kiss, Shayth pulled back and smiled almost coyly - almost. Like the almost coy grin a vixen might give a rooster before she devoured him.

"Be gentle with me." The rider said, before giving herself over to the attentions of the skilled archer, slightly cautious of his caring side and ever so curious to see just how gentle he could really be. Their attentions were muffled by the stone of the room, whilst outside in the aerie Turiska brooded in her nest - golden eyes fixated on the darkened archway.

Shayth
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Previous