Living Arrangements (Kovac)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Postby Shayth on October 30th, 2010, 10:44 pm

8th Day of Fall, Midday

Shayth had done it! Unbelievably, she'd done it! The idea was still whizzing around in her head when she'd spoke to Turiska, but after a long and dangerous conversation - she had convinced the wind eagle of the many benefits Kovac could bring to their situation. Sure, there was an underlying edge of possibly ill-intent in the bird's thoughts...but like Shayth had said to the man - Turiska couldn't fit through the doorway into his room. Once she had the all clear, it was a matter of telling the archer. Finding him, for that matter. The avora was like a ghost since their conversation, leaving her to make the next move. It had occurred to the redhead that perhaps they should have made arrangements the day before, but everything had happened so fast that he was gone before she could do that. Taking a personal risk, she'd walked to the commons, knowing full well there was one place in particular she could find him.

Red hair pulled back into a high pony tail, the feather snapped in the breeze as she marched towards the small spartan room face full of determination and an air of authority she couldn't shake. It was who she was. This time however, it was daytime, and there was no drunk stumble to her step or avora hanging off her arm. This time she was Endal, and she would decimate anyone daring to question her. Reaching the door, she raised her hand and knocked sharply. Wincing, she pressed a hand to her side. Her ribs were bruised and aching from her deep, and almost deadly discussion with the bird.

"Avora, are you in there? I have need to speak with you." She said in a no-nonsense tone of voice. Resting her hands on her hips, she waited.

Last edited by Shayth on November 6th, 2010, 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shayth
Player

Words: 82559
Joined roleplay: June 19th, 2010, 4:49 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kovac on November 1st, 2010, 12:25 am

Kovac awoke to a loud, insistent knocking at his door. He stirred in his bed, knocking an empty wine bottle off onto the floor to roll across the room. His head thrummed with a dull ache, an instant reminder of last evening's activity. He had been drunk, again. His habitual drinking had waned over the past season, but yesterday he saw Kalle again in Qual's arms, setting his self-pitied cycle in motion again. It did not help that he had not seen Shayth since she made her bold proposal for new living arrangements. Maybe she had changed her mind, or Turiska forbid it. Maybe he had played it too cool, and she thought he was not interested. Truth was, the Avora had not stopped thinking about it since the Rider brought it up.

Kovac head cleared enough to recognize the firm female voice that carried through the door with certain confidence. He managed a grin, he liked it when she flexed her authority. But his hangover and the fact that he had laid too long in bed left him waking grumpy and especially sarcastic.

"Hold on!" He barked stumbling out of bed naked. He scrambled to tug on the crumpled bryda he picked up from the floor. Running his fingers through his hair, he shuffled across the small room to the door. Unlatching it, he pulled it open, squinting as the light streamed into the dimly lit room. "Huh, what brings you to these humble abodes, noble Endal." He teased, unable to contain a broad grin. The thrill he felt in her presence was still there. He did not hide the long glance that ran from her boots up to the long pony tail atop her head. Yes, there was definitely still a thrill. His eyes finally settled on her blue gaze, waiting for her to speak with his typical wry smirk.
Kovac
Snarky Mongrel

Words: 534544
Joined roleplay: March 1st, 2010, 7:19 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Shayth on November 3rd, 2010, 10:33 am

Shayth tilted her head slightly, listening to the sounds of rising complete with a ringing thunk as a glass item hit the floor and rolled. No breakage. There was shuffling, swearing and an order to wait before the door finally opened and Kovac's cheeky grin stared back out from the dark. Ignoring the comment and the wickedly slow glance, the endal looked over his shoulder at the bed and back again. Part of her expected to see another shape in the bed, insecurity maybe? But hey, who was she to dictate that they were suddenly exclusive. It was only a...thing. And a roof over his head.

Shaking off the thoughts, Shayth rolled her eyes and shook her head. Keeping away from his forest green gaze helped her focus. His grin, his eyes...that mischievous manner....it gave him way to much power over her. Even if he was hungover and half awake. Damn him.

"Your incorrigible, honestly. How do you even function? Is that wine I can smell?" Not waiting for an answer, she pushed past the avora into his room. Crossing her arms, she turned to face him.

"Shut the door." The redhead said, no nonsense in her tone and blue eyes intense. Her heart practically beat in her throat and her palms were sweating. Still, she wouldn't let Kovac know. It might seem like she was...worried he'd changed his mind or something.

Shayth
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kovac on November 3rd, 2010, 12:42 pm

Kovac watched as Shayth rolled her eyes at him, thoroughly delighted that he had once again got her goat. He was prepared to shoot her a snarky retort, but her attention had already shifted to the room behind him. She was wearing her Endal mood today, the proud one she exhibited in public. His smirk did not fade as she shouldered past him, exuding that superior attitude that, once infuriating, now seemed to excite him.

He turned back into the room as the tall Rider turned on her heels, crossed her arms and glowered with that authoritative air. His eyes darted away from her piercing azure gaze, his grin widening as her commanding demeanor did not drop once she was in the privacy of his room. At her order to shut the door, he kicked backwards, catching the door with his heel and kicking it shut. His eyes met Shayth's again, his hands resting on his hips as he assumed his own subtly defiant posture. He would have laughed had he known Shayth's hidden anxiety, for he strove to conceal his own. The presence of the stunning Rider had triggered nerves that swept away his morning-after disorientation, replacing it with an almost embarrassing giddiness.

The Avora had thought he played it cool when Shayth had proposed he move in with her, as cool as she had been. He had left it up to her, to see if she really would work it out with her testy eagle. But his gut had taken an anxious twist when he had walked away that day, reluctant to admit how much he wanted it to work out. Then, like always, days went by before their paths crossed. Days he had wished he could have focused on anything else but wondering what the Rider would return to say, if she did at all. He still didn't like the power she was beginning to have over him.

So, headstrong Endal and rebellious Avora stood across from each other, pretending to ignore the magnetic attraction that crackled between them. Kovac wanted to ask what Turiska had said, to finally know if they were going to do this or not. But he was unwilling to appear overanxious to the woman. But this time, the archer was the one to break down. Blast, she was so petching hot! After a moment, he took two long strides forward that brought him face to face with Shayth. His hands reached to cradle her face and he laid a long kiss against her lips. He abruptly pulled back, dropped his hands, and crossed his arms across his bared chest. The hunter's face was sober, almost challenging. "So, are you going to take advantage of my superior skills on a more intimate daily basis or not." One corner of his mouth curve up almost imperceptibly.
Kovac
Snarky Mongrel

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Shayth on November 5th, 2010, 10:50 pm

Shayth found herself struggling to maintain her act as the archer greeted her in style. Her stomach flipped as the warmth of his soft mouth pressed against hers. He smelt like wine, but it wasn't unpleasant. It was Kovac. Keeping her arms crossed, she pressed her lips together as he pulled away, before pursing them and nodding slowly.

"It seems, Turiska thinks your tutorage would be beneficial to me. According to her, my archery is...lacking." There was something to the tone of her voice, a strange hollow sound. The discussion with Turiska had been heated after all, and at one point - dangerous. Shaking it off, she looked around the room.

"And as for the living arrangements, she's not really happy about it, but she can see the logic. Still, I wouldn't go trying to have a heart-to-heart with her any time soon." Suddenly the endal shrugged, tilting her head a little.

"So, if your interested.." Her haughty demeanour faltered as she swore and held her side again. Turiska had hurled her onto rocky ground, drowned her and all but crushed her. The endal began to suspect she may have cracked a rib. Wincing, she looked up at Kovac, eyes narrowing. It was stupid. Petching hell, she wanted to slap that cheeky sodding grin off his face - it only made her feel more awkward...even if it also made her heart race in her chest. Damn avora. The rider hoped he could appreciate what she'd gone through, for him.

Shayth
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kovac on November 6th, 2010, 12:48 pm

Kovac casually walked over to a small stand in the corner, picking up a pitcher of water and pouring himself a cup.  He retained his cavalier demeanor, trying to conceal the thrill he experienced in just the simple kiss. His mouth was dry from the night of drinking, and his body felt like a dry sponge desperate for moisture.  He listened to Shayth as he greedily downed the glass of water.

He chuckled shortly when she mentioned Turiska's honest assessment of her skills with a bow.  He could not resist the opening she gave him. "She was being kind, you stink at archery." A mischievous grin peered from behind the water cup at his mouth.  Of course Shayth was not that bad a shot, but he got a twisted kick out of taunting the Rider when she was acting so haughty.

Setting down the cup, Kovac walked back over to the redheaded Endal. "Don't worry, I have no interest in having my scalp removed with a giant razor-sharp beak, I can stay clear of Turiska."  The Avora's eyes met the Rider's stormy blue gaze.  He was learning to read those penetrating, sexy eyes.  Shayth was strong and strong-willed, but he caught a glimpse of something else, a weakness maybe.

He had decided about two chimes after they spoke in the Kitchens that he would move into Shayth's aerie.  He had just been waiting for her to give him The eagles's approval. Looking around the small, spartan room that was his home, Kovac found he could not wait to move in with Shayth, constantly feeling that magnetic pull towards her that seemed to increase the closer they stood to each other.  He was about to give her his carefully restrained agreement to the arrangement when she winced and grabbed her side.  It was obvious she was in pain. All pretenses fell as Kovac's brow furrowed with concern.  In an atypical show of compassion, Kovac quickly moved to Shayth's side, his hand lain over hers as it pressed to her ribs.  "Shayth, are you alright?  What's wrong?"
Kovac
Snarky Mongrel

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Shayth on November 6th, 2010, 9:31 pm

Shayth winced, waiting for the sharp pain in her side to dissipate. It was a constant dull pain, but only floored her if she moved to quickly or stretched herself. Either way, it hurt. As Kovac came to her side, the endal found herself thrown off by his demeanour. Concerned? Compassionate? She took a moment to find her voice, smart arsed comment she had been ready to make melting on her tongue.

"I..uh...I'm alright, I think. Mostly. Maybe? I just need to sit down." Moving gingerly, she sat on the edge of the archers bed, thankful for his support. It was oddly nice, having the bitey avora so close and so caring. Taking a few slow breaths, the crippling pain finally passed and the redhead sighed gently. Removing her hand, and his, she looked down at the offending side. There was bruising, yellowish blue and not particularly noticeable.

"Turiska wasn't really happy with my idea to start of with. In fact, she was livid. I didn't ever expect her to lash out at me, but I suppose I get it. She's scared of change, scared of loosing me." Staring at the floor, the endal frowned.

"More than anything, I think she's scared of being alone. It was her fear that attacked me, not Turiska. She...knocked me..down, and carried me in her talons." Shaking off the frown, Shayth turned her head to smirk at Kovac.

"Wind-eagles have a pretty tight grip. I thought it was just bruising, but maybe a cracked rib? Either way, I don't foresee any hallway trysts for a while." The woman refrained from telling the avora about the near-drowning. It hadn't left a physical mark, and she didn't want to talk about it. The fact her wind-eagle had almost killed her - not something the rider wanted to remember.

"Enough with the heart-to-heart, what's your decision?" She held his gaze, question casual enough, possibly even changing topic, but eyes intense and waiting. In all honesty, she didn't care about the ribs or the fight or the drowning. They were all important, some needing medical attention maybe, but right now, she needed an answer.

Shayth
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kovac on November 9th, 2010, 12:47 pm

Kovac's hand remained over top Shayth's as she held her ribs, his other had holding her elbow as she shifted to sit on his bed. He watched the stoic Rider wince in pain again, her countenance relaxing after a moment, a sigh indicating the pain had passed. His eyes followed hers down as she lifted their hands from her side to reveal the faint bruising.

The Avora knelt next to Shayth listening with thinly veiled surprise as she revealed what Turiska had done to her...simply for asking about him. He did not supply his typical sardonic smirks, even when the redhead flashed hers. The truth of her injuries had given the usually self-centered man pause. She was hurt, probably even needed some medical attention. His shock faded as anger arose. His visage turned stern and he stood, eyes fixed on Shayth as she tried to slough off her injury and push him for an answer to the proposition. The archer held her gaze, unable to read into the azure in her eyes. He turned away. Where he once would have been concerned for his own safety from the wrathful eagle, he know found a fear for Shayth's. Could he bear the responsibility for what Turiska may do to Shayth if he ever messed up?

Turning back to her, Kovac sighed, and the sarcastic, cynical mask that he wore persistently dropped. "Shayth, I want to move in, I want to be.....close to you." He hesitated, obviously uncomfortable with being so honest. His gaze wandered, as if he could find the words he needed laying about the room. "But I, I don't know if I can live with....with her hurting you because of me." He shoved his hands at his hips, resting them there, completely unnerved with his own openness. He looked down at Shayth, knowing he had admitted things with out actually admitting them. He....liked her.

As quickly as it had fallen, his mask went back on. "You are a big girl...a very desirable big girl...if the offer still stands, then I accept it." Kovac was doing something he rarely did willingly, putting faith in someone. He was trusting that Shayth was right, that he could live there and not get eaten, and that she would not be dashed against the Edge of the World for bringing him home.
Kovac
Snarky Mongrel

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Shayth on November 10th, 2010, 7:58 am

Holding Kovac's gaze as he looked at her, Shayth felt the weight of silence as time passed. It was too long, the pause. He was going to change his mind. Damn avora. Damn him. Looking away as he stood, the redhead stared at the floor, jaw clenched. It was not going to get to her, she would not degrade herself even more by allowing her emotions to better her. There was a sigh, and the woman's blue eyes lifted to look at the archer. His face held none of the sarcasm or snide tones. It was open and honest.

As he spoke, Shayth swallowed, uncomfortable with the out-of-character actions. She could see him struggling, finding the words he wanted to say without saying them...not really. The rider felt a small glow in her chest. The avora cared about her, wanted to be close to her. Endal were devoted to their eagles - her parents hadn't been the warm and fuzzy type. To have another human care about her safety was...nice.

And as quick as the moment happened, it passed as the archer put on his game face. Shayth moved carefully to stand in front of the man, matching his stance with hands on hips, chin tilted up slightly. Her blue eyes narrowed.

"What happens between myself and Turiska is my own concern. She wouldn't hurt me on purpose...its defence. Besides, it takes more than a little squeeze to take me out." Lowering her chin, the endal met Kovac's gaze face-to-face.

"The offer most definitely stands, avora. So....what are we packing?"

Shayth
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kovac on November 11th, 2010, 6:35 pm

Kovac stood a little taller as Shayth rose to stand at her full height, a good two inches over his own. He resisted the urge to smirk as she assumed that hard ass, authoritative attitude, hands on hips, chin raised in superiority. Indeed, it would take more than a bruised rib to break the stubborn spirit in this one. Her words were equally haughty and defiant, and he heard the tone in her controlled voice that was intended to put him in his place. Once he would bristle at Shayth's arrogance, but now he felt a secret thrill when she tried to lord over him.

The Avora held The Endal's steely blue gaze as her head lowered to stare into his eyes. A long moment passed as the hot-headed Rider and the surly Avora glared at each other. Kovac didn't know how Shayth felt, but if she didn't stop staring at him with such intensity he was going to throw her down on the bed and bounce her off the mattress right then, broken rib or not. He resisted the urge to entertain such a provocative thought, instead finally breaking the silence.

"You grab my bow, quiver and talon sword, I will get the rest."
He moved, perhaps a little to anxiously, to the line of pegs on the wall from which hung his katinu, scarf, and the few other articles of clothing he owned. He piled them up unceremoniously in his arms, then went to the small table near the door, laying the lute on top of the wadded up clothes. He turned back to the tall, statuesque Endal. "I can get the rest later if I need to."
Last edited by Kovac on November 15th, 2010, 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kovac
Snarky Mongrel

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Next