Solo Of ones duty

Clyde does his duty as a member of the Ebonstryfe

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Of ones duty

Postby Clyde Sullins on December 1st, 2014, 4:06 am

60 Fall 514

It was a slow start to the season. Relatively speaking at least. A dead body found in some ones bath room, upon awakening, and Clyde being sent to investigate. The biggest question was why the dead body was there, if it was there on purpose or by accident. Had it been killed there in the room or off site and moved there. The latter implied some kind of forethought or planning to things, possible body dump. Not too well planned out though, so not likely a pro. A pro, or so Clyde imagined, would have either disposed of the body better, or have done a better job of framing another person.

Getting his orders, Clyde headed off in his official garb, his robes emblazoned with the symbol of the Ebonstyfe, and Cha firmly in his hand. He didn’t feel a need to wear his armor today, not in the city, so the robes were enough of an indicator of his position in the Stryfe. That and his ability to torch an entire city street to ash with a thought made him feel firmly in control of the situation, and his ability to do as he needed to.

It was but a short ride in a Ravasola before arriving at the citizen’s house. It was clear with but a glance at his face that he was deeply upset and shaken.

“Thank Rhysol you’re here! I got up this morning, and went to the bathroom, when I found… A person in my… Bathroom hole.”

Clyde peaked an eyebrow, not quite sure what he meant.

“Wait… So theres a person in your… What?”

The man sighed and shook his head, indicating for Clyde to follow, apparently giving up on explaining things with words.

He led Clyde through a few rooms, through the main entrance common area, through a small kitchen/storage area, and into a bedroom. Inside of the bedroom there was another door, leading into the bathroom. Inside Clyde found the facilities, along with the hole through which one emptied their chamber pot into the lake. Some people had boxes on top so that they could go right in, but not this man. True to his words though, there was indeed a head poking out of the hole leading into the waters of the lake…

“What the petch?”

“I told you! I went to come in here and go, and I found that. It wasn’t here when I went to bed, so it has to be recent. ”

The only thing Clyde could think of was that a body had fallen into the waters, or been dumped in, and had washed under this house and gotten caught. Either it had fallen in by accident or... Or it had been dumped on purpose, and the person had figured it would be consumed by something or other. Instead it'd been caught up here, and so survived.

Last edited by Clyde Sullins on December 19th, 2014, 3:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Of ones duty

Postby Clyde Sullins on December 7th, 2014, 7:07 pm

Clyde pondered for a moment what to do. It seemed likely this wasn't an accident. But simply by looking at the head, nothing was visible. Which meant he needed a look at the rest of the body.

Plus, he needed to find out who this person was. Perhaps then he could figure out why they had been dumped, or how they had ended up as such.

Taking out a and donning pair of leather gloves he had, Clyde carefully felt about the head and the body, trying to figure out how to get it through the hole, but not to dislodge or lose it. The best he could think of was to grab about the shoulders and pull, yanking the body upward.

Getting a good hold of the cloth and the shoulders, Clyde pulled, letting out a grunt as he did. He expected a good bit of resistance, that of the weight of a large body, and a long process of trying to extract it. Instead as soon as he pulled he felt motion, and saw a shifting upward of the body. So caught off guard was he Clyde fell on his rear, the body landing atop him. Or at least, what was left of the body.

“Petch!” It was a comment repeated by the home owner, along with Clyde, though with a good bit more frenzy to it than Clyde's own comment. Perhaps the man had never seen a dead man before. Certainly he'd never seen a chunk of a dead man as such. Clyde had seen worse though, and managed to endure without more than a short churning of his stomach.

The other man turned and rushed for the chamberpot, and loudly lost his breakfast in a upheaval. After a chime or so he stopped, down to just dry retching. By then Clyde had pushed the body piece off of him, and stood back up.

Getting a good look at the body, he saw that most of what had been in the waters of the lake, and not sticking up through the hole, had been bitten clean off. Not nibbled or chewed like he might expect from smaller fish, but bitten clean through in one large bite. Apparently it had been lodged as such that something had seen the dangling body, and bitten off what stuck out, but it couldn't get the rest loose.

Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Of ones duty

Postby Clyde Sullins on December 7th, 2014, 7:08 pm

Likely, or so it seemed to Clyde, if the body had been floating about and not stuck as such, it would have been eaten in its entirety, which was likely what the dumper expected.

Instead a small bit remained, the head and upper torso or shoulders area. The lower torso and chest, and all below it was gone, and the arms were missing just below the shoulder joints.

“Alright, I think I'm going to need some assistance on this one. There aren't any signs of violence besides the bitten off bits, so its possible he simply fell in or died in a non-illegal manner. Or possibly that bit is on what was eaten, and so is lost. I can't say for sure. But there isn't really enough here to go on.”

"But... But there's a petching dead body in my house! You have to DO something about it!"

Clyde glared back at the man, using his sternest most intimidating glare, as he slowly removed his gloves.

“I will do what I do, but your in no position to be telling me what to do. For all I know you tried to shove the body through the hole, and it got stuck, and so you reported it as a random body. How do I know that isn't the case?”

The man spluttered for a moment, trying to get a grasp of the situation, unsure how things had shifted from his favor so quickly. After a moment he grew silent, his spluttering cutting off, and he nodded to Clyde.

“Now, I'll go send for an apprentice, who'll bring the body back for the Stryfe to look over. But with only a body there is only so much we can do.”

As he turned to leave Clyde paused, now holding Cha in his hands, and spoke once more before leaving.

“Oh, and don't leave town. ”

Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Of ones duty

Postby Nemesis on January 5th, 2015, 3:08 pm

Daegron
Skills * *
Intimidation * +1
Investigation * +2
Leadership * +1
Observation * +1
Lores
* Fish: Killing in the City
* Rumour: Giant Fish

Consequences, Injuries, Expenses, and More!
  • None

• Good thread, Clyde - glad to see people engaging with the Fish plot :)
  • Also giving you the rumour about the giant fish, because of relevance.
Nemesis
Fortune and Retribution

Words: 296717
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2014, 8:36 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)