And the Butterflies Fly Away[CLOSED]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

And the Butterflies Fly Away[CLOSED]

Postby Diane on November 1st, 2010, 11:01 pm

2nd of Fall, Late afternoon 510 A.V.

Rustling wind, leaves flying, then silence. Another step, with another breath is taken away. Everything pretends to be clear, the sights standing before the eyes. Among things, the starry sky was showing beautiful sights at that time. The beauty of the place could easily take your breath away, like a nice spring season when all of nature is alive. With care and slow steps, the horse stepped forward along the ground as she held the harness tight with her hands, looking around the area and trying to figure if she still remembered the way back home. Nothing so far seemed familiar to the Vantha, as her eyes gazed upon the view. It was all kept intact, the memory of the same green color. Maybe the trees were a bit different in size, their leaves another shape or the grass was at some place, filled with small colorful flowers.

"Ok Syn, I think we will go on for a little longer, until we see the sun going down. Then we will rest for tonight." said to her horse and patted him with her free hand, from the galloping her body was moving in a slow motion of up-down along Syn. The horse was still in a good shape, moving his tail along with his steps over the ground. Diane let her hood down, her nice figure were seen, the color of her eyes turning into a light blue, watching forward trying to search for a place to rest soon.

Some sounds caught her attention as well as Syn’s, the horse giving a slight gruff exhale. He stopped when Diane pulled a bit back on the harness. Syn moved his ears, back and forth along with his breathing and she squeezed her hand and took a quick look around. Then another small sounds and a rustle over by a nearby trees. A moment of silence passed. "Let's keep moving.." Diane whispered to Syn, a little nervousness in her voice. This time her encouragement made him gallop a little quicker releasing a deep exhale. By the time a short distance had been covered along the grounds wildlands, the only sound to be heard were the remaining crickets still active in the early autumn season. Low, then sharp sounds made by them, and then suddenly more rustling from nearby trees, some birds flapped their wings getting higher in the sky. They passed over just above Diane, making their own way deeper into the wildlands. "Now, that really scared me. Geez! I wonder how long we should keep moving." She said with a sigh of relief and continued their walk for a few more chimes.

The night soon fell over the wildlands, cloaking everything in sight in a dark silhouette like fog. Trees began to take on weird shapes, wind blowing around making odd sounds. Some other small, rustling sounds were heard around the area. Everything seemed to come alive there. Diane stopped traveling near some small natural formation of rocks, where the tree groupings weren’t to crowded together. She climbed down from her horse, looking around for a short moment.

"I think we can rest here for a while Syn." Diane said to him and petted his skin, taking down the small bag and the harness before putting them aside near the rock formation. She then took a look around trying to peer through the darkness, her eyes at a pale orange nuance. She moved further into the small clearing, gathering some leaves and some short sticks,so a small fire could be built. Not that she was very good at it, but trying wouldn’t harm anyone after all. Things can get rather tough in the wild. One never knew what could appear, coming out of nowhere, and giving you a good scare. However, as she searched for some wood to start to fire, another sound kept running through the air, it’s scent mingling along with the nice fresh air from of the forest. It was a nice feeling, the sound coming more from the north part, from where Diane currently stood. The sound of running water.

"Water around here? I wish I could go now and see, but it's to dark." Diane sighed, mumbling to herself as she moved further, gathering more leaves and kindling, still looking for some small pieces of rock, much sharper at the edge.Lucky for her,just near the formation of rocks,could find a tiny sized rock,sharp at one of the edges.Things can become handy,when you're looking in the right place.
Last edited by Diane on December 15th, 2010, 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

""If I let you love me..be the one Adored -will you go all the way ?.."
Diane
Though One..

Words: 68175
Joined roleplay: September 4th, 2010, 7:21 pm
Location: *Everything is different.I am different..nothing will be the same again..*
Blog: View Blog (7)
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Trailblazer (1) Power Fork (1)

And the Butterflies Fly Away[by permission Only]

Postby Nehsmay on November 7th, 2010, 6:54 pm

Clap...clap...clap...clap...clap... then silence... then again clap...clap...clap...clap. Hooves rang in the stilness of the wilderness interupting the peaceful atmosphere, an intruder of sounds in the quietness of the woods. The horse carried his small charge gently making sure not to wake up his mistress who had fallen asleep on his back. She had had little sleep, Shade knew despite being a "silly colt". She had come at his stables many times during her stay in Syliras and her face had been pale, her eyes bloodshot and dark circles encircled them. She had petted him and given him treats, but mostly she hugged him as if trying to keep a hold on her world that was tumbling down. Some times she gazed at her hands, her eyes unfocused and unseeing as if searching for something the colt could not comprehend. Then she would talk to him in her sweet voice and he would listen, but not understand for he was merely a horse and she a human.

On the saddle the rider remained asleep, blind to the still beauty of the nature. A soft wind was blowing in the relatively cold weather, making the leaves rustle one last time before winter came and they faded into oblivion till spring. The horse's hooves left marks in the muddy trail as he rode on wondering where they were going. His mistress had come to his stables that day, then led him out and took him outside the Syliran gates. Not even bothering to give him a second glance she had climbed in his saddle and gave him the order to ride forward; afterward she promptly fell asleep.

Howls echoed in the air, followed by strange predator like sounds, frightening Shade to the core. He almost reared, but remember his sleeping rider so he nudged her with his head, waking her up.

"Shade..." Nehsmay asked bewildered "Where are we?" The horse shook his head in alarm as if saying he didn't know. Another howl erupted relatively close to them so Nehsmay roughly grasped the reins and mounted Shade forward leading him into a gallop. As they rode towards the unknown she glanced left and right trying to find out where they were. She had woken up terified and had needed Shade's silent comfort therefore she rode him outside the city gates, but she hadn't counted on falling asleep and getting lost. Her friends were probably wondering where she was...

Her eyes turned a dark shade of blue in frustration as she accepted the fact she was lost... she hoped that she would meet someone in the wilderness, someone that would guide her back towards Syliras. She must have road two or three hours straight distancing her from the city more than she liked. It was also getting dark and she was barely able to make out the shapes of the trees. She noticed a small clearing nearby and she quietly led Shade there; hopefully she could stop there and wait for the morning. She felt like a total idiot...

Banners made by Nidae
Nehsmay
Storyteller Traveler

Words: 75952
Joined roleplay: October 6th, 2010, 8:02 am
Location: Somewhere in Ghed'ahre... stalking Te'ijal and Galahad
Character sheet

Postby Diane on November 8th, 2010, 11:00 pm

Darkness.Clear sky and stars showing off,on the night when a life can change.The nature never seemed so alive before.Being all alone in the wildlands,maybe it wasn't such a great idea so far,perhaps still at that point Diane could find herself more to explore and to get at the end of it,when morning will come.

"I never was very good at making fire.." said Diane trying to light the fire using the two small sharp rocks,leaning over the small amount of wood which she gathered.Syn shook his head and made some noise,looking over Diane,his head moved to right to left and twitching his ears.
"Don't dare to give me that look..and don't laugh!" complained Diane pouting,sharp sounds were heard in that small silence,along as further the water still ran as if it was a waterfall.Diane moved her left hand down,slow motion as the right one came up faster motion and hist he small rock from the other one.A sharp sound was heard again,and a small sparkle started.She kept hitting those for a while,had her tongue sticking out at the left side and down on her knees.Once again some rustling at some trees made her stop for a while,sighing and returned to her so called "fire".

"Damn birds.." mumbled hitting the rocks harder until they made more sparkles and soon the sparkle dropped over the wood,getting a small flame.A smirk formed on Diane's face seeing the small flame.But,another rustle of the wind shut it down.She frowned her eyebrows in annoyance.
"Damn it.! why everything must go wrong?" said with a sigh and tried to light it again,after a few tries of hitting those rocks,she had small wounds over her fingers from the friction.She could feel the warmth from the motion when once again,the flame started and Diane leaned over blowing air there to making it rise some more.

" come one..already!" blowing more air,also inhaling some of the smoke until it got bigger.She coughed,returning again to make some wind with her hands until the fire really started.She smiled wide as Syn approved with his head and swinging his tail around.Diane's face was a bit dirty from the dust.
"finally I did something..geezz.! "giggled for herself before getting up from there and patted her clothing,took down the long coat and settled on the near rock.She started to stretch her body for a bit,her small gaze set upon the clear sky and the stars.Fro a moment it become silent,only the faint sound of the crickets and the fire place,didn't let Diane to get into her "own world" trance.

However,soon she sat down near the fire and looked upon it,as the color in her eyes got into a darkish orange,deep one as never before,also placed her hands over her knees.Teardrops fell on her hands,slowly making room on her face just looking at the fire.She kept sobbing for a while,as Syn came in closer and brushed his head over her shoulder trying to cheer her up.
"not now..Syn.."mumbled gulping and then another sigh,her horse kept pushing over her,when Diane patted him with her hand finally,and leaned her head over his closing her eyes.
"I wonder what..Baylor is doing.I ..kind of miss him.I really do,I miss home along with him.."said to her horse,once more Diane faced the sky with her eyes still wide shut and took a deep breath.Just as that,Syn suddenly rose his head and moved his ears back and forth,made some small sounds as alerting Diane of something.

"What's wrong boy..?Did you sense something..?" asked away,wiping the few tears from her face and stood up looking around,still couldn't see to good due the darkness.She had a feeling that someone might be around,but mostly thought it was only an animal or some birds.More sounds were heard not from to far,they seemed like steps and were getting closer to her location.Diane waited for a moment,before stepping forward looking in the almost empty space,only with the trees weird shape and the small wind breeze.

"I'll go..a bit further.Wait here.."said before walking further on the ground,still unsteady and not so sure,her heart was beating faster,the pulse risen much more.Diane stopped after a few steps looking before her eyes.
"who is there..?" asked away,stepping forward just as she noticed then that Diane was afraid of the dark.Since she didn't knew the wildlands,that would have happened sooner or later after all.The stomping sounds,was rather familiar to her.

"A..horse?I wonder if it's alone..or am I imagining things?Nah."said shaking her head and waited for some time,to see what will appear.If there really was someone out there,or maybe just an wild animal.Diane thought,it might have been a good idea to get her longbow,but for now..was afraid to turn her back to the darkness.

Diane
Though One..

Location: *Everything is different.I am different..nothing will be the same again..*
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Nehsmay on November 9th, 2010, 1:45 pm

Darkness fell completely over the still landscape, hiding everything from view. Frozen, white stars shone palely above the world giving just enough light to make the diminish the suffocating darkness. The sky was cloudy and the moon hidden deep behind rows of gray sentinels, now unseen without the light of the sun. Two pairs of dots, one red, one silver glimmered in the dark as they made their way in the unknown wilderness hoping to find a place to camp. The clearing they had seen was still a dozen meters or so away so they walked carefully, hoping to be able to make it there in once piece.

Nehsmay had dismounted as soon as darkness settled in and took her horse' s reins, leading him forward. Distinct noises still echoed around them, but they were mere shadows who paled in comparison to the howls they had previously heard. The Vantha hated the stillness... she would have preferred a blend of noises and voices letting her know that some was indeed around. Unfortunately that was not the case as she walked towards the clearing. She allowed herself to stop a little and glance at the stars.

"I used to watch the stars with your namesake." The girl told Shade quietly. "He took me into the wilds around Avanthal a year after we met, not too far from the city in order to teach me how to hunt. We remained there for two days and when darkness fell he showed me the stars and told me a tale of how they came to be." She quietened, not wanting to remember the vivid nightmares she had every two days, seeing her most cherished friend die a painful death. She was no Seer and the nightmares probably originated from the fact that she was worried for him.

As she walked forward she noticed a pale , orange light dancing in the woods. Hoping it was a camp fire and someone was there, but hoping they were not bandits, Nehsmay carefully made her way forward.

Suddenly Shade neighed happily as if sensing an old friend. The coast was clear, the horse was sure of it and somewhere in front someone was waiting. Happily he started chewing on his mistress' hair and pulling her forward.

"Hey, woah Shade woah!" Nehsmay said started "You'd say Myra was expecting you there from the way you're acting." Shade threw her a dirty look and pulled her even faster making the poor girl run after him.

"Slow down!" As soon as he reached the clearing, Shade did slow down making Nehsmay slump next to him, frowning furiously and silently muttering insults in Vani towards her horse.

Banners made by Nidae
Nehsmay
Storyteller Traveler

Character sheet

Postby Diane on November 11th, 2010, 9:10 pm

Silence for a moment.Diane let out a sigh of relief,a smile forming from her lips just as then more sounds became more prominent in the area and really now,started to get worried over it.Things were awkward all of the sudden and she just tried to look around the darkness,heard some faint voice as well,stepping forward on the ground.The color in her eyes turned into a pale yellow with orange reflections as well.She was worried over all the situation.

The night just begun and yet,Diane had the feeling that it will be a long one.For some odd reason,feared of what might be out there,but there was no other choice other than wait and see.A few moments had passed by,when the steps were much closer to her location and she just stopped walking.
"Who is there?Show yourself now!" said on a louder tone of voice,and gripped her blouse with her left hand,with a small blow of the wind made her long,dark hair to swing around.Syn made a few noises himself,and patted the ground with his legs not being to far from Diane's location,only a few steps behind her.He did fallow her indeed,being curios himself.He really must have sensed something.

However,Diane could see some figures out in the dark,of what it resembled a person and maybe a horse,still couldn't see to clear due the darkness set upon the wilderness.She waited for a few minutes,until they reached closer to her location revealing a young girl and her horse just behind her.Diane,sighed in relief once again and smiled looking for a second over the sky.
"I thought..it was a beast or something.I swear..you gave me a scare." said to the young girl before her,as the color in Diane's eyes turned into a alight blue.
"What brings you around here?" asked the female,when Syn reached Diane once again and pushed her in front,from behind using his head.She stepped forward,still shy state and as the both persons got into closer match,the ground below their feet went "off" and they fell down in what it seemed a dark whole.Diane landed just over the young girl,when her hands were still supported on the ground,but she did felt something odd by the entire situation.Opening her eyes,she saw very close the face of the girl as their lips..were connected into a kiss.Diane's eyes widen more in the process before pulling back all red and damned surprised by what has happened.

"Ohh..I'm sooo sorry..I..I-don't know..how that happened.And from wh-eere did this whole appeared?!" asked herself,trying to stand up and to look up,as Syn was seen up above.She frowned her eyebrows upset.,yet worried of the current situation.
"Are..you ok?" returned her face to the young girl,making her eyes to get into a darker blueish nuance.Now that was totally screwed up and awkwardly,how things went down the road,literally.

Diane
Though One..

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Nehsmay on November 12th, 2010, 5:20 pm

Nehsmay smiled kindly upon seeing the stranger then turned towards her horse glaring. "I'm sorry to have frightened you..." she said "This silly colt here is the guilty one."

Shade neighed showing his disapproval and pushed Nehsmay forward. Just as she was about to turn around and yelp in protest the Vantha felt the ground slip from under her feet. She cried out in surprise and stretched her arms forward trying to grip something... Useless... she fell and hit the ground hard, getting the air knocked out of her. It didn't help much that in a split second she saw the other girl falling as well and landing over her. Something warm pressed on her lips and she widened her eyes in surprise seeing the way the stranger had fallen.

Nehsmay blushed a brilliant shade of red, her eyes turning bubblegum pink as she took notice of the entire situation, although the stranger pulled away rapidly
"It's... ok..." Nehsmay coughed embarrassed and glanced at the hole they had fallen in. "I don't know... the leaves must have covered it up... it must be a trap of some sorts."

She glanced upwards and saw there were at least 2 m above their heads till the mouth of the hole. Taking into account her petite stature the girl understood there was no way to get out with traditional methods.

"Seems we seem to be stuck here for a while, I may as well introduce myself." she smiled brightly. "Hi! My name is Nehsmay! Nice to meet you!"

Banners made by Nidae
Nehsmay
Storyteller Traveler

Character sheet

Postby Diane on November 15th, 2010, 9:24 pm

Life can throw you in so many directions and you'd just had to find your way out of it,or in the case,you can only move forward,as going back won't be a good decision.Diane looked over the girl before her eyes and smiled tearful,for the fact she was ok.The gaze in Diane's eyes turned into a pale shade,purple and sighed staring up now.

"Just great..and I passed over here,I think I missed this spot which I find it weird.I still think we can make our way out." talked more with her inner self,when her eyes set upon the girl's frame,in the darkness still could see the color in her eyes.Diane leaned her hand towards the girl,in the hope she won't get scared for the moment before.The small incident,with the kiss,as still Diane felt oddly not comfortable.

"I..am Diane.Nice to meet you.After all,sorry for meeting new people in such uhh..well,not to pleasant situation?" spoke with a calm voice and giggled a bit,shaking hands with the young Vantha.She really did want to make things better,finding a way out of there was a priority.

"I got an idea..if you try to get up on my shoulders you think you can reach up there to that branch and climb up? then..if you can reach up,take the harness from one of the horse to help me get out..Let's give it a try,shall we?" explained Diane with a wide grin,and her purple eyes were sparkling in the dark.She took a deep breath and bended lower to the ground,near the other Vantha girl and knelt to the ground.
"If this doesn't work..than I am really stupid." muttered to herself and waited for the other girl to get on her back,since she was a bit smaller,that might actually work.

Diane
Though One..

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Nehsmay on November 16th, 2010, 5:44 pm

When life gives you lemons make orange juice and let everyone think how the heck you did it... that was Nehsmay's favorite saying and as much as she could, she fought to make it come true. But at the moment the odds were a 2 m tall pit, her and another girl caught at its bottom and her having to climb on the other one's shoulders... the odds were not good at all.

Nehsmay whistled for Shade and the horse appeared at the mouth of the pit neighing confused. She sighed while thinking of another way to get out that did not involve climbing of any sorts, but failed miserably. After all her colt wasn't exactly a genius and he had no way to get them out of this mess.

"Ok, let's try, I guess." The Vantha sighed and slowly climbed on the girl's shoulders as gently as she could in order not to hurt her. Unsteadily she kept her balance and reached the branch, cursing in Vani. "I'm not good at climbing..." she cried out. "Ok, what did mom say, don't look down." She said and in that exact moment looked down. "Hell no!" Two meters looked more from her spot clinged to that branch. "Ok there Nehsmay you already fell once, no harm done, right?" she encouraged herself and grabbed the edge of the pit. Shade gently grabbed a mouthfull of her clothes and dragged her out.

"I'll send you some rope in a moment!" She yelled at Diane and fumbled in her backpack for some rope that she tossed in the hole. She grabbed the other edge of the rope tight and Shade decided he didn't trust her enough therefore he chewed on her boots to keep her steady.

Banners made by Nidae
Nehsmay
Storyteller Traveler

Character sheet

Postby Diane on November 20th, 2010, 7:33 pm

Diane helped the girl to get herself with her legs supported by her shoulders trying to still have her balance, and sighed for herself with her hands put at the girl's feet.
"Be careful.." said to her trying very hard to not just fall down, when the other girl managed to catch with her hands over the branches there and curled her way up.Diane could hear Syn making some noises over to the top.

"Don't dare to say a word!" with a slight pout Diane rubbed her forehead and waited for the girl t get back with some rope,and she just put her back to the wall looking in the dark from the pit whole.She indeed had this insecurity feeling, some chills passed her body and had the impression that someone out there or something was looking at her from the dark, only that simple thought made her eyes to get into a deep purple state and her heart begun to race faster.

"Not a pleasant feeling to stay here alone.." spoke in whispering mode, when some birds sounds caught her attention from up above, and the girl came back with some rope throwing it down so Diane might reach it.
"Did you tied it by something good?Just making sure..aand, thank you." said louder as her voice was like an echo from down there, using her hands Diane grabbed the rope and made a small swing with her feet over the wall and let her weight to be in them making slowly her way up.She really never thought that will find herself in such situation,especially being in the wildlands and with a stranger, still even with that going one didn't regretted for meeting the girl.Maybe they will be friends after all.
However after reaching the top, Diane grabbed the girl's hand so she can regain her balance again putting a smile on her face, taking a deep breath from the air.

Syn moved his head closer brushing himself by Diane, causing her to pet him over his dark skin and then looked at Nehsmay,with another rustle of the wind making their clothes to move around and Syn again made some noises.
"Just don't dare..to say something.You didn't knew, don't give me that look!" complained Diane to her horse and then giggled, her eyes got into a pale nuance of purple now.

"Shall we go to the campfire? I think our small "adventure" needs to be told as discussing about other stuff.." addressed to the young vantha,when Diane started to step back to the campfire.

Diane
Though One..

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Nehsmay on November 26th, 2010, 7:59 am

Nehsmay sighed in frustration as she felt the girl climb out of the hole. Of all her luck why did she have to fall into a 2 meter pit? Sure she had gotten out, no harm done there and she had managed to get her companion out as well, but the idea was just accursed. Shade was doing his best not to neigh and lose hold of her boots, but it was clear the whole situation was fairly amusing for the colt.

Nehsmay helped Diane out and rose to her feet, brushing the leaves and dirt off her clothes. Luckily her crimson cape was in a fairly good shape otherwise she might have probably gone berserk.

"Yeah, lets." She said breathing a bit harshly. All that climbing had taken its toll on her, but it wasn't too bad. "Who knows what else is hidden around here? It's not safe to leave this place during the night."

She grabbed Shade's reins and headed towards the fire. Luckily nothing else happened on the way so she sat down comfortably and asked the other Vantha.
"So, are you going some place from here? Or heading back to Avanthal?"

Banners made by Nidae
Nehsmay
Storyteller Traveler

Character sheet

Next