Nehsmay Frostfawn

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Nehsmay Frostfawn

Postby Nehsmay on October 6th, 2010, 8:58 pm

Nehsmay Frostfawn
Weaver of stories

Basic Information

Race: Human/Vantha
Birthday & Age : Season of autumn, Day 31, Year 494 AV ( 16 years ) [right]

Physical Description
Nehsmay is petite, being about 4'10'' tall and weighting 90 lbs just like most of the Vantha. Her hair is straight, pitch black streaked with purple highlights, while her eyes shimmer in vibrant colors, usually retaining a ruby red color. Her skin bears an olive shade, though it is usually hidden under the layers of fur and leather. After reaching Endrykas, Nehsmay decided to cut her hair which had grown to the middle of her back. As a result the young Vantha now has jagged cut hair that barely brushes over her shoulders.
Character Concept

Image Due to her somewhat intimidating eyes Nehsmay appears to be a cold and unapproachable person. However, if one gets to know her, she reveals her true colors. She is not different from other Vantha; with a friendly smile and a kind word she makes people warm up to her. She is eternally optimistic and likes to see the best in everything and everyone, however when proven otherwise she will cast aside all her previous opinions. She loves weaving stories and can spend unnaturally long hours transforming a mundane event into a heroic tale.

She was born prematurely, a month and a half earlier than due therefore she has a heart condition and is very prone to sickness. She cannot do strenuous actions for a long period of time otherwise she may have an attack that leaves her unable to breath, her heart beating much faster than usual.

Character History
Nehsmay is a storyteller, a member of the Frostfawn Hold. From the moment she learned how to develop her gift, she started weaving stories, first to entertain her younger siblings, then to entertain her parents and peers. One of the first stories she ever told was her own personal one, based on what her mother used to tell her and her own discoveries.
I was born during one particularly vile blizzard. I came too early; my mother, Keira’s due date was more than a month away, but something triggered her labor earlier. The midwife lived next to our Hold and was able to come to my mother’s aid despite the cruel weather. It took five hours for me to be born; when the midwife held me she shook her head sadly and told my mother I won’t have enough strength to live longer than a week. I was too small and too fragile to survive.

Perhaps, despite being a newborn, I understood and decided to prove her wrong. I started wailing powerfully, showing them I may be small and frail, but my lungs were strong and while there was still life in me I wouldn’t give up. A week passed, afterwards a second one and a third. I grew bigger and stronger, being less prone to sickness and my chances increased. During this time my mother feared getting too attached to me and called me her poppet, for a poppet is not alive and if it breaks it will not sadden you. After a month, when
I was strong enough she gave me a name: Nehsmay.

The early birth did leave its mark; I am more fragile than other Vanth and fall sick easily. My heart is weaker than normal and I develop heart problems if I do strenuous activities. Because of this, as a child I have been cuddled and shelter more than I should have been. My mother was too afraid to lose me...

My mother is a wonderful person... she raised three children by herself after my father died prematurely due to an unknown illness when I was six years old. However due to her constant fussing I felt the need to break free, to explore, to see the world before finally settling down at my own house.

I told my mother all of this... first she yelled, then she said no, then she cried saying she couldn't part with her little baby. I tried telling her that I stopped being a little baby a long time ago and finally she accepted. She allowed me to explore the world two whole years, however afterward I had to return home and settle down before becoming an old maid. After this more came even more tears ... I felt bad, but I was finally getting the chance to prove I'm not a useless, frail little girl.

ImageStrenghts
Loyal, Optimistic, Charismatic, Witty, Charming, Extroverted, Outgoing, Friendly, Good Storyteller, Kind, Gentle, Compassionate

Weaknesses
Naive, Frail, Sickly, Weak, Too Trustful, Clumsy, Absent-Minded, Easily Startled, Ignorant
Last edited by Nehsmay on February 24th, 2012, 6:51 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Banners made by Nidae
Nehsmay
Storyteller Traveler

Words: 75952
Joined roleplay: October 6th, 2010, 8:02 am
Location: Somewhere in Ghed'ahre... stalking Te'ijal and Galahad
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Nehsmay Frostfawn

Postby Nehsmay on October 7th, 2010, 11:52 am

Equipment and Possessions

1. Clothing - long sleeved black blouse, crimson cloak, fur and leather vest, black boots, dark trousers; burgundy riding dress, black trousers, dark blue tunic
    2. 1 waterskin
    3. Horse - Frostmarch
    4. full set of tack
    5. large set of saddlebags
    6. Backpack which contains:
      Set of toiletries ( soap, comb, brush )
      Food for a week
      1 eating knife
      Shortbow
      Smelling salts
      Double bladed dagger ( 6 gm )
Family Heirloom: Her mother's healer kit received as a gift from a Whitevine Vantha

Ledger
100 gold mizas
- 44 gm and 3 sm
= 56 gm and 7 sm -
5 gm
= 51 gm and 7 sm -
8 gm 3 sm and 2 cm
= 43 gm and 3 sm and 8 cm

Extra:
Housing -
    1 large tent
    large tap
    100ft rope
    flint & steel
    2 torches
    lantern
    bedroll
    blanket
    fishing tackle & hooks

Thread List
Death is just another part of life
Don't leave me
A hunting trip
A chance meeting
Strangers in the woods
And the butterflies fly away
[The Golden Dragon Inn] Checking In
[The stone Gardens] Night walking
Last edited by Nehsmay on February 28th, 2012, 7:55 pm, edited 21 times in total.

Banners made by Nidae
Nehsmay
Storyteller Traveler

Character sheet

Nehsmay Frostfawn

Postby Nehsmay on October 7th, 2010, 4:36 pm

The Life of a Storyteller

General Information :
1. What is your Name? Nehsmay Snowsong
2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name? My mother usually calls me May, but I have it.
3. How old are you? 16 years old
4. What is your height? 4’8’’
5. What is your weight? 90lbs

Aesthetics :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself. I am small for my age with unruly dark hair tinged with purple. The one feature I really cherish are my eyes: they are ruby red most of the time, but change color based on my emotional state.
2. Describe yourself as others typically see you. Others usually see me as a frail little kid.
3. What is your favorite body feature? As I said before, my eyes. The deep red color startles people at first, but I find them alluring.
4. How physically fit are you? Due to my health problems I was unable to do many activities so I am weakly and tire easily.
5. How do you typically dress and what is your style? I dress in combinations of black and red. I like long sleeved blouses and cloaks, combined with dark, sturdy boots.

Family :
1. Who are your parents and what are they like? My mother is amazing. She raised three small children by herself and made sure we grew up into responsible Vanthas. My father died when I was six, therefore I have hazy memories about him.
2. Do you have any brothers or sisters? Two siblings, a brother and a sister, both younger.
3. What is your extended family like? They are nice, but too overprotective and make me feel useless most of the time.
4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family? Close friends are as important as family as long as they remain close to you and do not betray you.
5. Do you treat animals like family? I treat animals like small children that need constant care and love.

2. Where do you live now? I travel to see the world.
3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be? Still Avanthal. I wouldn’t leave my home permanently for anything in the world.
4. Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time? I don’t have one
5. Where do you fear to be? Taloba

Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?) I have a heart condition that makes me unable to do harsh activities.
2. Are you right handed or left handed? Right handed.
3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent? I speak Vani and Common, but I retain my Vani accent when speaking Common. The language sound more lyrical this way.
4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics? I am very clumsy and absent-minded. I do not mind my way and trip over the smallest things.
5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them)I do not have any tattoos, but I wish to get one when I finish my travelling experience.

Occupations :
1. What is your occupation? I do not have one. I wish to become a famous storyteller one day.
2. Do you like/dislike your work? Why? -
3. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be? Same as before.
4. What occupation do you admire the most? Why? Storytelling and crafting because you see the world with different eyes.
5. What occupation do you lest like? Why? Hunting… I dislike the smell of blood.

Childhood :
1. What sort of child were you? A sickly one, but always curious.
2. What is your favorite memory from childhood? The first time I used a bow.
3. What is your worst memory from childhood? Falling into a pond with freezing water.
4. What sort of relationship did you have with your parents? A good one mostly, but I did argue with mother now and then.
5. Who was your most influential rolemodel? That is a secret.

Education :
1. What sort of education do you have? The one any artist receives.
2. Do you like/dislike learning? I like learning certain things and dislike others.
3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities? In Avanthal.
4. How do you learn best? Practicing…
5. What are your educational goals for the future? To become a master storyteller.

Relationships :
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not? I do not form close bonds easily because it takes time to deepen a relationship.
2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not? Yes, though my peers call me too naïve for my own good.
3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else? Straight.
4. Have you ever been kissed? No.
5. Have you ever had sex? No.

Drugs and Alcohol :
1. Have you ever been drunk? With my health problems all bottles very tightly locked away.
2. Do you like to drink on a regular basis? See above.
3. What sort of alcohol do you prefer? None.
4. Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them? No.
5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Useless pieces of junk, vile things that turn even the most honorable man into a complete monster.

Likes and Dislikes :
1. What are your hobbies? Playing the guitar, writing and telling stories.
2. Do you like to read? Yes, very much.
3. What annoys you more than anything else? Pompous people.
4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do? Reading a good novel.
5. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why? Not going to tell them if they embarrass me, right?

Favorites :
1. What is your favorite color or colors? Crimson, burgundy, black and purple.
2. What is your favorite time of day? Sunset.
3. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen? The Aurora Borealis.
4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat? Anything except raw meat.
5. What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you?
Blizzards scare me even though I live in Avanthal.

Outlook :
1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic? Optimistic.
2. What are your religious views? I worship the Goddess Morwen.
3. Would you be able to kill? If needed.
4. What are your views on sex? *blush*
5. What, in your opinion, makes a successful life? Starting each day with a positive thought and seeing where life takes you.

Actions :
1. What is the worst and best thing you’ve ever done? I broke a statuette my mother received from my father. The best thing was learning to play the guitar.
2. What is your greatest regret? That I could not play with others when I was a child/
3. What is your best/worst memory? Didn’t I say these things before?
4. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why? Nothing… I like my past, it was a happy one.
5. What are you the most proud of doing in your life? I don’t have such a thing yet.

Emotions :
1. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others? Mostly honest, but I like to keep to myself from time to time.
2. Do you have any biases or prejudices? Not yet.
3. What makes you happy? Seeing others happy.
4. Who or what, if anything, would you die for? My family…
5. What makes you angry? Mindless killers.

Relationships :
1. In general, how do you treat others? Friendly and kindly
2. Who is the most important person in your life, and why? My mother because she gave life to me and raised me with love and care.
3. Who is the person you respect the most, and why? This is a secret as well.
4. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover. I don’t have one. I can’t describe an ideal lover… I’ll know when I meet him or when my mother chooses a future husband for me.
5. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Myself… I’ve been too sheltered my whole life, I want to stand up for myself now.

Group Situations :
1. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict? Avoid conflicts… who needs them?
2. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations? No.
3. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not? Yes. I am very extroverted and outgoing and the more the merrier.
4. Do you care what others think of you? Usually yes, but it depends on the person in question
5. What do you think of others, in general? Everyone has a good side, they may not show it.

Self Image :
1. What is your greatest strength as a person? I do not know.
2. What is your greatest weakness? My health.
3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I wouldn't change anything. I am the way I am.
4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted? Extroverted
5. Are you generally organized or messy? Messy

Beliefs :
1. What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any? Morwen.
2. Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any? I do not know.
3. Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them? Not yet.
4. What lengths would you go to to please your deity? Any.
5. Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much? I would do anything my Goddess asks of me short of killing myself or my loved ones.

Life & Death :
1. What do you absolutely live for? The moment.
2. What is the best part of life? Experiencing new things.
3. What is the best part of death? Meeting loved ones that parted before me.
4. If you could choose, how would you want to die? Painlessly in my sleep, as an old lady.
5. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death? My storytelling abilities.

Banners made by Nidae
Nehsmay
Storyteller Traveler

Character sheet

Nehsmay Frostfawn

Postby Nehsmay on October 15th, 2010, 5:26 pm

Sand in an hourglass

500 - 510 A.V.

Date Thread Summary
Winter 35-45 500 Death is just another part of life Nehsmay's father falls gravely ill and passes away leaving her mother alone to deal with her and her two siblings
Fall 29 506 - Fall 29 509 Don't leave me Nehsmay runs away from home in order to go hunting and prove her worth. Upon being attacked by a pack of wolves she falls off her mother's horse who runs away in fright and is saved by a snow leopard Kelvic named Shade. Later the two become very good friends, but Shade's abandonment in the fall of 509 leaves Nehsmay heartbroken.
Spring 60 510 A hunting trip Nehsmay goes hunting and catches her first game ever while struggling to accept the fact that Shade is never coming back.
Fall 1 510 A chance meeting Nehsmay helps out Nidae, a snow leopard Kelvic she finds half frozen in the snow near the gates of Avanthal and promises to help Nidae find her family. The two arrange to travel together in the future.
Fall 45 510 Strangers in the woods Nehsmay meets Seliarus in the Cobalt Mountains, a Dhani with a few trust issues. After much convincing from both her and Nidae the Dhani reluctantly agrees to join them on their journey
Fall 50 510 Unfamiliar streets In a weird twist of events Nehsmay gets lost in Syliras, is pushed around, sees a boy falling from a roof and meets with her friends again. Then she meets Lelio, a weird fox Kelvic and Tohnka.
Fall 52 510 And the butterflies fly away Nehsmay meets Diane a fellow Vantha while out riding in the woods in the Wildlands and they both fall in a deep whole in the ground.
Fall 59 510 [The Golden Dragon Inn] Checking In Nehsmay meets Jischa a Konti who heals her after the Vantha takes a fall inside the luxurious Golden Dragon Inn.
Fall 61 510 [The stone Gardens] Night walking Nehsmay meets Khalzaan another Vantha and talks about Avanthal and the past with him while walking in the Stone Gardens
Fall 62 510 Speed is of the Essence While on their way to Zeltiva, Nehsmay and her friends are attacked by dire wolves and fight for their lives in the woods.
Winter 510 What the...?? Nehsmay and Seliarus wander on the streets of Zeltiva and ultimately come across an Ethaefal called Orion.
Winter 30 510 Backtracking to a New Land Nehsmay and her friends head to Endrykas
Spring 1 511 Some Quality Girl Time Nehsmay and Nida have a heart to heart conversation in the wilderness.
Last edited by Nehsmay on March 1st, 2012, 9:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Banners made by Nidae
Nehsmay
Storyteller Traveler

Character sheet

Nehsmay Frostfawn

Postby Nehsmay on October 21st, 2010, 6:45 pm

Skill name Skill Points How they were gained
Horse Riding 17/100 SP and thread
Storytelling 36/100 SP, RB and thread
Wilderness Survival 8/100 SP and thread
Singing 12/100 SP and thread
Shortbow 15/100 SP and thread
Cooking 2/100 thread
Herbalism 4/100 thread
Medicine 2/100 thread
Archery 3/100 thread
Hunting 2/100 thread
Horsemanship 5/100 thread
Socializing 3/100 thread
Running 1/100 thread
Animal Husbandry 2/100 thread
Rhetoric 6/100 thread
Observation 6/100 thread
Climbing 2/100 thread
Interrogation 1/100 thread
Mathematics 2/100 thread
Leadership 1/100 thread
Tactics 2/100 thread

Lore name Thread
Lore - Winter survival tactics SP
Lore - Horse Riding SP
Lore - Lore of dealing with the loss of a father Death is just another part of life
Lore - Lore of dealing with sickness at a young age Death is just another part of life
Lore - Nature of Kelvics Don't leave me
Lore - Moving on from painful experiences A hunting trip
Lore - Helping People in Need A chance meeting
Lore - No Fear When a Creature Needs Help A chance meeting
Lore - Horse's having feelings too Strangers in the woods
Lore - Reliance on a stranger Strangers in the woods
Lore - Ignorance to the dangers of a Dhani Strangers in the woods
Lore - Sharing is Caring Strangers in the woods
Lore - Setting up a Camp Strangers in the woods
Lore - Blundering through a crowd [The Golden Dragon Inn] Checking In
Lore - Being a damsel in distress [The Golden Dragon Inn] Checking In
Lore - Sharing childhood memories [The Golden Dragon Inn] Checking In