Closed [Rearing Stallion] Room for confusion! (Piper)

A chance meeting between a female squire and a bard.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Rearing Stallion] Room for confusion! (Piper)

Postby Revy Hiroe on January 1st, 2015, 1:21 am

5th day, Winter 514 AV

It was a cold day when a lone female squire strode through the lanes in the city. It had been a long time since the woman had visited any drinking establishment and today she didn't have that much to do, so she could try to go there once again. Unfortunately she couldn't go there without being noticed. Her patron ordered her to always wear her plate armor whenever she went out. Sort of to 'get used to' the weight or something.

Revy didn't have too many good memories of taverns. Heck, she didn't have many memories of taverns in general. Usually she had gotten that drunk that she just forgot about it. Yet there were some bitter memories that still stung her from time to time. Like her parting with Zandelia, one of her two only crushes in her life. If he could go back in time to repair her relationship with the scarred woman, Revy would do it without hesitation. She still loved that woman, yet not as strongly as before.

She entered the Rearing Stallion rather quickly, because she started to shiver and wanted to warm up again. The two tables closest to the fire were both taken, but it wasn't that big of a problem. She just picked the next closest. Despite it still being only just past noon, she still ordered a dinner. Something warm was what she needed right now. And along with it, she ordered a mug of beer. If she was going to order some alcohol again, after who knows how long, she was going to get some good stuff.
Last edited by Revy Hiroe on January 12th, 2015, 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Words: 394139
Joined roleplay: August 18th, 2011, 7:13 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Piper Quinn on January 7th, 2015, 4:22 pm

Piper had been given a chance to play the tavern today and while the teen would of preferred to play somewhere where the patrons where less likely to get drunk and throw food and drink if they disliked the music. Oh well, as long as the thrown items missed the fiddle that was always handled with love and care.

Once fully prepared the bard raised the fiddle and began to play. Some of the chatter stopped, or maybe the teen just had tuned them out. It was strange, playing before an audience one could actually see, knowing how many people were there and their expressions as the bard played.

One had to wonder if the spirits that inhabited the Purple Forest looked like this, gathered around the source of the music. Each wearing their own expression toward the song. Piper wondered if they danced or if they tried to sing to the music. With a full flesh and blood crowd one didn't have to wonder as much. In fact it lacked something that playing for the spirits had, Piper just wasn't sure what that 'something' was.

Clearing one's mind of such foolishness, Piper played on. Slowly becoming absorbed into the music. Foot tapping, swaying back and forth with each note. Bard and instrument becoming one single entity and their song flooded the Stallion, hushing many patrons in the process.
Piper Quinn
Player

Words: 15390
Joined roleplay: December 21st, 2014, 2:27 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Revy Hiroe on January 14th, 2015, 11:04 pm

After her dinner meal was placed in front of her, a bard of sorts entered and started playing. She made passable sound. Only passable as Revy had heard better and compared that woman... wait, or was it a guy... anyway, she compared her or him to those people she heard before. The really good people, the ones that just mesmerized you.

Only after she had finished her food, did she call out to the musician. "Hey music-girl, wanna talk for a bit? Ain't really wanna be drinkin' on me own now.", she said. She went with girl, because that way she'd feel most comfortable. Despite her recent experiences with the opposite sex, her memories hadn't faded in the least. If only she could forget the last few bad memories, maybe then she would be a little bit comfortable around men.

One thing she already noticed, and was happy about, was that she wasn't throwing up the moment she touched alcohol anymore. The last time she could still 'enjoy' a good drink, without throwing up, she started to hallucinate. Not to mention how she got into trouble with the knights and that was something she wanted to avoid right now. She waned to actually become a knight and protect people properly.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Piper Quinn on January 17th, 2015, 5:08 am

Piper concluded the song and some of the patrons clapped. The bard took a bow. Another song was ready to be played when a woman's voice caught Piper's ears. Getting up to look for the owner of the voice the bard's sight fell on a female knight in training or a squire as they were called. The lady knight had called her a 'girl'. Was something giving her away? Or was it just a guess? Didn't matter Piper packed up her fiddle and picked up her book of half finished songs.

Piper sauntered over to the woman, "You called, m'lady knight?" She gave a deep bow. "My name's Piper. How may I be of service?" She'd let the girl comment slide. Pulling up a chair and sitting on it backwards Piper joined the lady knight. It seemed like this lady just needed to talk maybe vent a little... While the knight spoke with her Piper could look over her music book. Heck, maybe this knight would inspire some sort of tune or melody. Surely a knight could induce inspiration in a musician, right?

"Don't mind me, I'm just preparing for inspiration. You knights always are good for a tune or two." The bard scratched her head and gave a light chuckle. "So do you frequent this place often?"
Piper Quinn
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Revy Hiroe on January 27th, 2015, 1:04 am

The woman was slightly irked by the way the girl talked to her, but that was easy to deal with. All she had to say was that there was no need for formal stuff. "Just relax. Talk to me like you would talk to any other person. Besides, I ain't no knight yet.", she said and took a good sip from her ale.

But anyway, Revy just wanted to talk a little with someone. And despite that she couldn't really figure out what this girl/guy was, she didn't mind. Perhaps, she should inquire about that. Though the woman inspect that bard with much more attention to detail, she still couldn't be sure if that girl was actually a girl. "Hey, you a girl?", she just asked, hoping that she guessed right. Perhaps it wasn't the best choice to ask it, because if she was a guy, Revy would feel a lot less comfortable.

Anyway, no matter what answer that bard would give, the woman would still answer her last question. "Nah, to be completely honest, this is the first time in over two years that I visited a proper bar. I don't particularly have good memories of that last visit, so yeah...", she explained. Hopefully she was hiding her sunberthian accent properly, because she knew that the more she'd drink, the more it'd come out.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Piper Quinn on January 27th, 2015, 5:25 am

Piper smiled awkwardly, "Well alright, if you say so. Just trying to be polite. Oh, so you're a squire! How neat. Is it hard work?" The bard jotted down a symbol and a string of notes, moving her fingers like she would on her fiddle.

The bard caught the woman eyeing her carefully. The question was coming and the bard's answer was prepared, "I am whichever you prefer. If you prefer me a girl, then a girl I am. If you rather I be a boy, I'm a boy." The bard smiled. "I see myself as neither or maybe both..."Piper mused, "But if you're asking what I was born with... Yes, I am female by birth, but never really became a woman. Ya know, most girls change..Mine never got that change. A rare condition or something." Another string of notes. "Doesn't bother me none. I embraced it."

"I'm not a big bar person myself. I don't drink. But, a job's a job and if I'm gonna be a bard Rhaus is proud of I can't just play for the spirits of the forest. Be kinda neat to meet him and just play in the forest with him. Be the coolest way to meet a god, even if I didn't get marked by him. It would fun just to make music with Rhaus." She laughed. "But I'm rambling. So what did you want to talk about?" A second line of notes was written. "I never caught your name ma'am, did I? I like to write down who has inspired which song. Plus then I don't have to call you ma'am."
Piper Quinn
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Revy Hiroe on January 28th, 2015, 4:56 pm

The interest of the girl was noted in the woman's brain and happily received. People weren't generally this interested in her, probably because of her scary demeanor. "To be honest, I had expected harder. Can't really say that the training prepares squires for actual combat either.", she said, "But all in all, they are at least teaching some proper combat techniques. 'Tis just that they ain't training squires for team combat, nor are they specializing some squires. Would definitely be a good thing for them to improve on that if ya ask me."

It was a good thing that she knew that the girl was actually a girl. Though she didn't see herself as one apparently. But then again, it didn't really matter. Girls are girls and no matter what they looked like, Revy could feel comfortable around them. "Then I'll regard you as a girl. Ain't too comfortable with men due to some past experiences. Will probably take a bit before I do again though.", she explained.

It then dawned on her that she never gave the girl her name. That wasn't really proper courtesy, as she had received the other's name already. And ofcourse, there the question came. "The name's Revy Hiroe. Pleased to meet you, Piper.", she said. "Meeting a god can be quite imposing, I can tell you that. Met Myri in the flesh myself and... just wow. She was grand. I never really had much respect for people I met for the first time, but when I met her I just fell silent." Each time she remembered that encounter, Revy was filled with awe for her goddess again.

The ex-mercenary still had to answer the remaining question of the bard. Why she had called that girl over. "I just wanted someone to talk to. Ain't really wanna be sitting here alone. Used to just talk with other bar-goers in other cities, but the kind I talked to wouldn't be able to stay in this city. Tended to get into a fight nearly each time, ya know.", she said. Slowly her sunberthian accent started to shine through, not really noticeable right now, but most likely it'd become heavier the more she drank. "By the way, you want something? Just pick it, my treat."
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Piper Quinn on February 10th, 2015, 11:44 pm

Piper listened to Revy's opinion on the squire training, "If you really feel that way... That things could be improved, you should bring it up to someone. Who knows how it could better squires in the future. Giving feed back is how groups and organizations get better." Piper smiled, "I'd say it's worth a shot at least and if they don't fix it....Well that's on them." While the bard was foggy on the knighthood training if someone getting that training and saw a better way of doing things... Wouldn't they want to know?

She shrugged, "Then to you I am a girl. It's interesting to find out what people see me as. Past experiences? I bet you beat some guys up!" Looking at Revy, Piper could easily see her beating the living daylights out of a few overly cocky men and send them running off like scared little boys. "I can so see you doing that!" the bard remarked with a laugh.

"Myri? Gods, who wouldn't be in awe over her! I'd be. In fact I think everyone would be, unless they lacked a brain. Rhaus, from what I hear isn't that imposing, in fact he seems like he would be a comforting sorta guy, like a grandfather." Piper added a few notes here and there on her composition. The beginning was starting to look promising. She went over the notes in her mind and her fingers moved on an invisible instrument without the bard's knowledge.

"Ah, just someone to chatter to. That's fine by me, gives me someone to talk to as well. So your friends in other cities were a bit of ruffians? I think we all have a few friends like that. Troublemakers." Piper was at a loss of words, "I-I don't want to impose or make you think you have to buy me anything, but I don't want to turn down a squire's offer..." The teen argued in her head over what the proper thing to do was. "Umm, okay I guess I'll have something to eat. What's good here?" Piper's last question came out much more meekly than she would of liked. It showed uncertainty in what she was saying.
Piper Quinn
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Revy Hiroe on February 15th, 2015, 2:17 pm

Though the bard's idea was a good one, Revy had already thought of that one and with the way she was treated by certain knights, well let's say she was reluctant to tell those higher up. She didn't want to attract too much attention to herself with troublesome behavior. "Thought of that, but don't think it'd be a good thing. Not seeing my history with those guys.", she replied. "Though thanks for the idea."

The woman gave the bard a short pained smile about her remark about beating guys up. True, she had done that quite often. However, there have been situations where she lost against guys and that remark only made her remember those particular moments. Scraping her throat, she answered: "Yeah, I've beaten guys up before, but that still doesn't change how I feel."

The squire felt herself swell with pride that she actually had Myri's mark. "I am very glad that I was allowed the honour of receiving her mark. Each battle, no matter if I win or lose, is dedicated to her. I fight in her name, her glory and for her sake primarily. All other positive things are nice, but they are only secondary. She is my goddess and if I were to die, I would want to be reborn a myrian." Though she used to be a practical woman before, that meeting with Myri had changed her significantly.

"But anyway.. If I had met Myri earlier, perhaps I would've had a better past. Hmm? Oh, go ahead and just order. I just had a dinner set, because I wanted something hot. You can also order something to drink.", she said, "No need to be nervous, ya know. Ain't biting. If I were in a foul mood, I wouldn't have called you over." Usually the woman was always busy trying to intimidate other people, however she just sat back quite relaxed. She didn't even attempt to intimidate.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Piper Quinn on February 17th, 2015, 4:26 am

"You've been in trouble a lot?" The bard gave a small smile, "You seem pleasant enough to me..." Was this woman as troublesome as she said? Or maybe she was just one of those people who were very choosy about her companion and most people just rubbed her the wrong way? "History? I get the feeling that there might be some favoritism?" While Piper was exceptionally curious over this, she couldn't just come out and ask Revy what she had done in the past to get on the knights' bad sides. But that would just be plain rude and Revy had been nothing but nice to her. She gave Revy a smile,"No problem,it was just a thought."

"I still think it's cool you're that strong... to toss a guy or two..." Piper scratched the back of her short hair. "But I know men can be assho- um I mean they can have overly demanding egos and what not. Some just don't know when enough is enough. I should know posing as a guy, they talk pretty freely." Yeah men could be idiots and empty headed. Looking over Revy, Piper found her quite pretty and was sure many a dumb drunk had found her the same if not prettier. Sexual harassment.

"If... I may ask what does her mark look like? If it's somewhere inappropriate I'll just take your word for it! Also, if I may ask... What was she like? How did she look? Where did you meet her?" Piper's eye twinkled at the thought of all the information of this Goddess. "How did you handle meeting her?" Revy was growing more and more interesting every tick.

"Um sure, I'll just get what you got. I guess. Thank you for your generosity!" Piper hadn't eaten yet. While Revy seemed to warn Piper of a temper, the bard didn't see much of one. She couldn't help but wonder, if Revy saw her as a new found friend. "Are there many women knights?" In truth she had never in her youth paid much attention to the knights and squires, raking her brain she couldn't remember ever being yelled at by a woman knight...
Piper Quinn
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next