PM to join An Interesting Evening

With more interesting company.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

An Interesting Evening

Postby Tel'Mar on January 26th, 2015, 6:00 pm

Well, that didn't work. Tel'Mar felt horrible. He had originally intended to shot with a dropping arc so if he did miss the arrow wouldn't fly off. But in the heat of it all he over drew. He took a step towards the woman he shot, only to see the dark haired youth step her way and begin helping her. Deciding he'd already done enough harm here he turned toward the other Inarta. Seeing her crumpled up on the ground sent shivers down his spine. She was clearly having a fit of some sort, possibly from a previous traumatic experience. The new guy seemed to be trying to console her, then suddenly he turned into a wolf and started barking at him.

"I can't understand you in that form. But if you can understand me, help me get her out of here." Tel slung his bow over his back and picked up the Inarta woman, holding her close to his chest with her legs slung across his other arm. He used the crowed, who were now distracted by the black haired youth yelling to help the injured woman, to disappear pass the guards who were walking towards center.

These people are trees. I am hidden so long as she keeps calm. Or at least in the same state she's in.

As he moved through the crowed, Tel'Mar started looking for a place that he and the following Kelvic could slip out and get the red head to safety.

Then a guard stepped in there way. "Hold. Where are you heading?" He seemed to eye the bow slung across Tel's back.

"My sister has gone faint from the sight of blood. I need to get her home before those people in there get out of hand!"

The guard appeared unconvinced. "And how do I know your not the shooter? That bow looks like it fits the description."

"Your saying it's odd for an Inarta to carry a bow? This, guardsmen, is the symbol of our people! I shall not stand here and have my own race insulted while my sister suffers in my own arms! Now stand aside! The people you should be hunting is that Kelvic who stabbed that girl!"

The guardsmen, clearly still having green behind his ears, perked up at the new description of another person. He hurried off toward his superiors eager to share the news of what he discovered.
-"Be still brother. As i send your soul back to Ukalas be at peace. Your death will not be in vain, for as your soul returns to Caiyha, your body shall be used to sustain the cycle. And what I can't use, I shall return to the Earth."
Tel'Mar
Player

Words: 11493
Joined roleplay: December 2nd, 2014, 12:13 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Scrapbook

An Interesting Evening

Postby Brandon Blackwing on January 26th, 2015, 9:17 pm

x
Despite the angry yells of the man and the wails of pain of the woman, the archer did not seem to intend on going over there. Apparently he had no ambitions to stick around and be held responsible for his actions, for the arrow sticking out of the woman's leg. A new person who'd been watching concerned himself with the state of the redhead girl who had initiated this whole situation. She had apparently been going through a seizure of sorts, curled up in a ball and …. crying? Wow, who would have thought she was this unstable. One moment she'd been screaming and yelling, cursing even, and now she was crying.

The flash of the new guy transforming into a wolf luckily did not happen when the bat had been looking straight at him, for then he would have been blinded and vulnerable. Strangely enough, the Kelvic hadn't taken the time to strip, resulting in a wolf dressed in a human's clothes. Not that he hadn't seen something similar before -a panther- but he still found it strange. It had to be very uncomfortable. The archer picked up the sobbing woman, his sister, and started walking away, soon swallowed by the crowd, the sound of disciplined boots coming closer, the Shinya.

Brandon cursed internally, his face showing a snarl for a moment as he made a frustrated grunt. As long as Kaik was still approaching he couldn't get away, which was not good at all. The battle had been three on one, the doll not included, and probably if he'd be apprehended by the guards -or if all of them were- they would likely blame him for everything. If only that girl hadn't run into that roughneck- Where the hell was that guy anyway? Nowhere around here, it seemed. While everyone had been focusing on the two combatants, the roughneck had sneaked away, that was the logical explanation.

Then finally, after a rant about villains and his claim they were admirable -which might imply that the bat himself was admirable too- Kaik ceased his hostility, holding his doll back and stating this all was pointless. Brandon gladly accepted this chance to leave, turning back and walking away towards the crowd, halting however when the young human started yelling again. A glance was cast over his shoulder. “If you welcome death so much, why not take your own life? I cannot prevent that happening. I am not one to judge over life and death. One should live on for as long as they can. Your life is yours and yours alone. If you want to end it, no-one can stop you. They can judge your spirit, yes, but they cannot stop you. Once you truly long for death, you will seek it, and it will come to you.”

With that the thief turned his head back to the crowd and started walking again, only to stop after having taken one step, then once more glaring at the doll-maker. “And you are wrong. There is one thing you still have left, you are just too blind to see. Stop whining and move on. Cast away your sorrow and live, for your life is the one thing still within your possession, even though you seem eager to cast it away.” And then Brandon truly slipped into the crowd, pondering, wondering. What was it that had broken this man so thoroughly that he was constantly drowning in his own sorrow. The grief and suffering seen within his eyes had been the real deal, and even though his words had been useful advice, Brandon could not help but wondering if Kaik actually could recover. As he was now he wouldn't, that was for sure. The doll was probably his only form of companionship, his only friend and the only thing he trusted. Once the man was forced to dispose of it he could truly start moving on, for it was his doll that kept him chained to his sorrow. The thief shook his head slightly, surprised by his own thoughts. Was he actually worried about the man's sanity? Or did he just want the man to recover and stop making the abominations? The latter, no doubt...

Since the multitude of the audience had now formed a barrier around the wounded woman, it was easy to get to a less crowded part of the plaza, or it should have been. Instead, the bat found himself stopped by a couple Shinya, only barely hiding his frustration. That annoying doll-maker and his stubbornness had delayed his escape for too long!
“Frustrated are we?” spoke one, “do you by any chance happen to be the one who made this situation escalate? ” Brandon frowned, shaking his head, wondering how in Yshul's name the guard could possibly know- “Confusion, that's interesting.” Wait a chime! Auristics? Gods be damned! “And now rage, this guy seems suspicious enough to me.” The other Shinya nodded, taking over. “So, were you involved in any way there?”
“Yes.” I'll have to be careful, they can probably find out if I'm lying. Calm down Brandon, keep it calm and tell the truth and nothing will happen. Possibly. If they don't ask any strange questions.
“A bit of fear.”
“Did you fight?”
“Yes. Self defense. Someone attacked, threatening to kill me.” Keep calm Brandon, that's the way, you can do this!
“What caused this attack?”
“...”
“Did you stab someone? A little girl perhaps?”
“I stabbed no-one.” It was the truth, the doll was not a person, it was wood. Stabbing wood never had gotten anyone arrested, right?
“Anxiety. However, there is no fresh blood clinging to his aura. There's a stale bit coming from one of the daggers hidden underneath his coat, but it's from seasons ago.”
“Hmmm. Well then, where did that old stain come from?”
“Is that relevant?”
“No, not for this case.”

A younger guard came running towards the trio; an acolyte, judging by his robes. “Sirs! I have news! It seems there was a Kelvic who'd stabbed a girl, sir!”
“Is that so? Who told you about that?”
“A tall Inarta carrying his sister, sir!”
Brandon facepalmed. “And you let him walk away? Might I inform you that that Inarta is the one who shot the poor woman who's crippled right there?”
“Well, since there's no fresh blood sullying this Kelvic's aura, I suppose you got tricked. Did the Inarta carry a bow?”
“Yes sir! He said it was the symbol of their people, sir!”
The two Shinya sighed. “I wonder just how you managed to become an acolyte. This naivety is unprecedented in our order. Not even a new initiate would be tricked by such an obvious lie.”
“For Zintila's sake, didn't we order you to bring every suspicious person to us? What do you think you are doing just letting one slip away? This renders us splitting up useless.”

“I am terribly sorry sirs!” the young one apologized with a deep bow.
“Go after him already!” It didn't have to be said twice, the acolyte hurried off, the second Shinya following, probably to ensure he didn't screw up again. “Eh... Can I go now?” Brandon asked a little hesitantly as the one leftover guard rubbed the side of his face muttering something about foolish Acolytes and proper training. “Yes, you're free to go.”

Brandon too did not have to be told twice.

x

credit goes to Euthisa
Fighting Style and Techniques

Credit for this awesome sig goes to Estrellir Konrath
Brandon Blackwing
The master thief Incognito

Words: 1496963
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2013, 3:24 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

An Interesting Evening

Postby Kesu on January 27th, 2015, 5:00 pm

Kesu
On the run in a world of frozen fractals.

When the wolf Kelvic transformed, Kesu was staring blankly at the street, shuddering, tears frozen on her face. The memories still haunted her, but they had passed, for now. She flinched as he nudged her back, but when he curled up next to her, she sobbed and grabbed hold of him, wrapping her arms around the wolf, cold seeming to melt away as she felt the warmth of his fur, smelling the musk of his thick, earthy scent. She barely even noticed the clothes draped over the Kelvic loosely, not caring.

Even in her irrational state, Kesu's subconscious still guided her actions. So, while she was, consciously, a shivering wreck, she tried to sense the aura of the one thing in the world that was comforting her at the moment. As she was in such an emotional state, she inadvertently got a quick, unfocused glimpse of the Kelvic's person. An overwhelming concern was all that she could sense, and that but faintly.

As she was picked up by the other Inarta, she shivered, and tried to struggle, but didn't put up much of a fight, due to the state she was in. Looking back at the wolf Kelvic helplessly, she looked up into her fellow redhead's face, and realizing who it was, relaxed, but only slightly. The touch of another human being helped a bit, but what really helped was the fact that she felt safe, protected from the memories of 'Mother' and the nights in the cave.

OOCI hope I got the whole 'repressed trauma and panic attack' thing right. Have fun!
Revenge is an act of passion; vengeance of justice. Injuries are revenged; crimes are avenged.
Samuel Adams
Kesu
Vengance is my life.

Words: 29741
Joined roleplay: October 31st, 2014, 1:00 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

An Interesting Evening

Postby Kaik Leyr on January 28th, 2015, 1:12 am

Picking up the injured women by the legs Kaik mind began to drift toward the words that man had said.

Ha! Take my own life? Heh...I’ve already tried. Now I can never take the easy way out. ‘Once I long for death it will come for me’ now that is petching hilarious, how many years has it been? I live on not for myself but for Ellen. Oh how I would welcome death with open arms, but Ellen will not allow it. What I would not give to see her once again, yet she continues to keep me in the dark.

The stranger led the way through the crowds and toward the Catholicon.

It is you who is wrong! Whinning? Petch you! You say this life is my own? Are you trying say that I wanted my dear friend to just suddenly die from some disease? To have my own mother leave me and die? To have my father become some drunkard only to die from that? To be alone? This life isn’t mine. I never got to decide how my life is what it is...now you expect me cast away my sorrow? To just forget my lover and my family?

“H-ey...I can’t go on,” Kaik said to the stranger carrying the women.
“What? Hey wait!” the man said confused.

With what little strength he had left he tried his best to lay the women back on the ground. After doing so he fell to the ground coughing. A sharp pain hit Kaik’s neck, an after effect of Djas’s attacks.

Why now!? Hard to breathe...it hurts. You know what Djas? This is how I live. How I move on. I am a doll maker. Something that would make Ellen smile. My life is hers and I won’t die till she says so.

The Shinya arrive quickly to Kaik’s position. “Are you okay sir?” said one of the men.
After a moment Kaik stood up and said, “Y-yes...for now.”
“Hm...I’ll bring the women to the Catholicon, take care of this one.” One guard said.
“Understood,” the man glanced over to Arya, “I take it this golem is yours?”
“Yes.” Kaik said not understanding how he could have known Arya is a golem.

Ah! Auristics! Of course.

The Shinya simply nodded before saying to the crowd, “All of you please leave the premises! Everything is under the control, go on with your normal activities!”
Kaik began to walk away but the guard stopped him, “I want you to tell me what happened.”

Kaik had no reason to lie, in fact he felt surely he was in the right side of the law. Though admittedly threatening to kill another would not not bode in his favor.

“An argument was going on between some red headed girl and another man. I tried to stop it. Another man, the girl’s brother, appeared. Then some stranger appeared from the crowd and stabbed my...golem... in the head with a dagger,” Kaik pulled back the hood of Arya to reveal the wound, “in response I drew my blade, though I wasn’t able to do anything against him.”
“Okay, that’s enough. What did the man look like?”
“Black hair. Black eyes,” Kaik said.
“That’s it?”
Kaik nodded his head.
“I see...urgh…” The shinya placed his hands to his eyes, “shyke...you’re...free to go.”

Pulling the hood back over Arya Kaik began his long trek back home. Pain returned to his neck and he found himself rubbing it with his hand. As he did so he soon began to recall the day he tried to hang himself.

This has been a horrible evening.

OOCI feel like I didn't do the Shinya justice...I have to wonder if that would be the way the guards would act.

Well anyway it feels like this thread is coming to an end, so I'd like to say it's been fun threading with you all...and Brand...Kaik may not appreciate the advice and beating, but it will certainly do him some good...one day he'll be able to win against that bat...assuming he lives till then.

Boxcode by Estrellir Konrath
Kaik Leyr
The Doll Animator

Words: 180721
Joined roleplay: May 11th, 2014, 12:01 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

An Interesting Evening

Postby Fen on February 1st, 2015, 8:47 pm

The sun was setting and the conflict seemed to come to an end. The girl had wrapped her arms around Fen, hugging him tightly. Just as the girl started to calm down she was yanked away by the man with the bow. The expression on his face carried great concern and a hint of confusion. It was the confused look on the redheads face that reminded Fen that he was now a wolf and most people couldn't understand him.

"I can't understand you in that form. But if you can understand me, help me get her out of here."

In one swift motion the man pulled his bow over his shoulder and carried the girl away. The look in her eyes as she was carried away, sent a shiver through Fen. His concern for the girl and a strange trust of the man who just shot a stranger and fled, Fen followed them. They worked their way through the crowd making it to the edge of the plaza where a guard stopped them. Great, I'm goin' ta get pegged as his partner an' they will take me away too. Fen prepared to run if they were caught, he surveyed the area trying to find an escape when the guard turned around and pushed back through the crowd. Well then I guess whatever nonsense he spoke worked.

Fen pushed ahead of the Inartans and led them twisting through the streets, they ducked down alleys. My place...turn here...now here...behind here...over this way. Fen thought trying to remember his way home, he was new to town and not the slightest bit familiar. Fen stopped and changed back. A guard was yelling from around the corner.

"Have you seen a red haired man carrying a girl come by here?

"Get behind the crates over there" Fen pointed across the alley and turned around to confront the guard.

"You there. Have you seen a red haired man come by here? He was carrying a girl."

"No sir, I can't say I have."

"Very well. One more thing, if you see them the man is dangerous and armed so seek Shinya immediately ."

"Yes sir I will." Fen relaxed a little as the stated to walk away. He was almost out of site when he stopped one last time.

"Put some clothes on, its bloody cold out here."
Fen
Player

Words: 4799
Joined roleplay: January 12th, 2015, 2:20 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

An Interesting Evening

Postby Tel'Mar on February 4th, 2015, 2:35 am

We wound our way through the city, Tel'Mar running with the woman in his arms and the Kelvic right behind him. He could hear the calling of the guardsmen echoing through the streets. It didn't take long for Tel to get well and truly lost. He was just about to say something to the wolf that was leading him when he heard a shout from behind them.

It was the rookie guard again. A stroke of luck twice? Tel silently sent up a prayer to any and all Gods who might be listening.

The wolf reverted back into human form, instructing him to get behind a pile of crates. Tel barely managed to duck down behind the crates as the guard began talking with the wolf man. Tel was nervous that he might be sensed by the guards power. But something seemed to be preventing that. Was it divine intervention? A stroke of luck? Poor training on the part of the guardsmen?
Whatever it may be, Tel'Mar was very glad.

Tel'Mar peeked through the crates. The guard was barely old enough to grow hair on his face. He seemed nervous, yet he tried to hold himself up with some... air of some sorts. Probably someone born into a family with power or influence who used that power to make their boys dream come true, even if he wasn't ready for it. He glanced over his shoulder after every second, as if willing someone to come and help him.

Your not even observing your surroundings. If someone wanted to ambush you, you wouldn't even notice. For some reason he felt bad for the kid. Clearly he was pushed out into the field far too early.

The wolf managed to convince the guard to leave. Once he was well out of range Tel stepped out from behind the crates.

"Thank you friend. We need to get out of here. She's clearly not in any shape to be caught by the guard. By chance do you know where a nearby Inn is?"
-"Be still brother. As i send your soul back to Ukalas be at peace. Your death will not be in vain, for as your soul returns to Caiyha, your body shall be used to sustain the cycle. And what I can't use, I shall return to the Earth."
Tel'Mar
Player

Words: 11493
Joined roleplay: December 2nd, 2014, 12:13 am
Character sheet
Scrapbook

An Interesting Evening

Postby Kesu on February 5th, 2015, 4:15 pm

Kesu
On the run in a world of frozen fractals.

The madness of the evening had left Kesu sore, tired, and numb. She barely reacted to the guard's shouting, excepting a tired, dull glance at the Shinya. Neither the kid's sudden appearance, nor the wolf's just as sudden nudity surprised her. The Inarta's movement to get behind the crate made her twitch, because of the abruptness of it, but otherwise, she didn't react, and give them away.

As she was carried away by the duo through a maze of winding streets and alleys, she was jostled about by the Inarta's hurried steps, and when they eventually arrived at the Kelvic's house, the slight frown left her face. Some primordial part of her recognized that she was safe. Protected.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fin :
REALLY great thread guys! Also, Tel'Mar and Fen's continuation of the thread with myself can be found here. Thank you all so much!
Revenge is an act of passion; vengeance of justice. Injuries are revenged; crimes are avenged.
Samuel Adams
Kesu
Vengance is my life.

Words: 29741
Joined roleplay: October 31st, 2014, 1:00 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

An Interesting Evening

Postby Khara on March 15th, 2015, 7:52 pm

Kesu :
XP:
  • Intimidation +2
  • Brawling +1
  • Observation +3
  • Auristics +2
Lore:
  • Refusing to be rescued
  • Auristics: Learning about someone's identity
  • The little girl is a doll!
  • What keeps a doll from living?
  • Maddened laughter brings back unpleasant memories
  • Being comforted by strangers
Comments: Poor Kesu, this just wasn't her day. :( Had a blast reading how one little angry Inarta can cause so much trouble though!

Tel'Mar :
Please update your CS with your Winter living expenses and your threads! Once this is done please PM me and I can update this with your grade.

Kaik Leyr :
XP:
  • Negotiation: +1
  • Intimidation +3
  • Observation +2
  • Brawling +1
  • Tactics +1
  • Endurance +2
Lore:
  • Negotiation: Trying to diffuse a hostile situation.
  • The horror of seeing Arya hurt
  • Losing control to rage
  • Djas: The enemy
  • A pointless fight
Comments: Very intense! I've never read anything beteen Kaik and Arya before. I really enjoyed how they intereacted and how he sees her and the complete madness that took him over when she was attacked. Really enjoyable to read!

Brandon Blackwing :
XP:
  • Weapon: Dagger +1
  • Unarmed Combat + 2
  • Tactics: +1
  • Rhetoric + 2
Lore:
  • Inarta language sounds like birds
  • Attacking Arya
  • What does not die cannot live
  • Tactics: Using others to sheild you from harm
  • Three on one? Bring it on!
  • Staying calm to avoid suspicion
Comments: Well that escalated quickly! I think I awarded you proper tactics for your awareness of where everyone else was in the fight and how to best utalize your opponents, but feel free to let me know if you think that should go elsewhere. Always fun to read Bran's special brand of madness ;)

Fen :
Please update your CS with your Winter living expenses. Once this is done please PM me and I can update this with your grade.

Wow, what a thread! "An Interesting Evening" indeed. :lol:
Please don't hesitate to PM me if you have any questions/comments regarding your grade. I'll be more than happy to take a second look if you think I've missed something!
Also, please don't forget to edit your post as 'graded' in the request thread.
Khara
Lost Little Sparrow

Words: 660741
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2014, 6:17 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)
2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Previous