Closed What an Odd Sight

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

What an Odd Sight

Postby Aira Lyedan on January 30th, 2015, 7:56 pm

It would appear that an otter was scurrying through the city. Aira was scampering through the city streets, as she knew just where to go. She tried to stay out of people's way and would quickly hurry under their feet as a last resort. She carried a fish in her mouth and was still a bit damp. It was clear she had been in the bay. However she was an otter clearly unafraid of the city or the people.

It was a long journey as an otter but she playfully moved dropping off the fish to another animal that was clearly some sort of friend. Aira played with the dog a bit and then left. She headed towards her cottage. She jumped up and slipped into the window with a practiced ease that would show her familiarity with the area. Then there would be a glow of light. She smiled and prepared and the naked girl would appear in the window. She would clearly be perfectly comfortable not wearing clothes. She forgot she wasn't wearing any actually.

That was what would shock any on-lookers surely as she walked outside naked to grab something she forgot in her hiding spot. She giggled and realized she had forgot her clothes out hanging in front of her house. She came out stark naked and pulled them to her and left the door open as she put them away. She wasn't in a hurry to put them on and it was just starting to get cold.

The fun fact was that she was rather comfortable being in her current state and thought clothes were a nuisance and thus when she was alone like now she didn’t realize she wasn’t wearing them. She was after an animal that turned into a human, not the other way around. She smiled as she plopped on her bed and looked about, it was a nice evening.
Aira Lyedan
Player

Words: 17158
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2015, 4:03 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

What an Odd Sight

Postby Alija on February 3rd, 2015, 10:14 pm

The dog suddenly scampered away, chasing after what Alija saw as a brown blur. "Trump! Trump, get back here!" she called out after her puppy, starting to run. She followed the two shapes through the city, wondering what the second was. She found out soon enough.

The animal dropped the fish it was carrying to another dog, starting to play with it. Alija watched intently, recognising it as a otter. That was the first odd thing. Otters in Zeltiva were rare creatures, and one that entered the city with no fear? And even stranger, it seemed to be going towards a cottage or something, going deeper as it found its way through the streets.

Curious, she called Trump and followed the otter, watching in shock as it scampered into a cottage through the window. It wasn't that she entered it that shocked the woman, but how. It slipped through with ease, showing how regularly it did it.

What came next was even weirder. A naked girl stepped out to retireve some clothes, before returning inside, leaving the door half open. Alija couldn't stop herself: her curiosity drew her too strongly. Dog at her heels, she strided up to the door and, although she could have easily entered, knocked with three hard taps.
Alija
Blacksmith and Aurist

Words: 349054
Joined roleplay: November 11th, 2014, 6:35 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

What an Odd Sight

Postby Aira Lyedan on February 3rd, 2015, 11:09 pm

Aira smiled at the knock and she wrapped her blanket around herself before quickly throwing on her dress, she had enough manners for this. She then came to the door. " Sorry for the wait, Can I help you?" She asked with a smile motioning her in. It was a quaint cottage with not much in it but the hearth was warm and the
place quaint.

Aira giggled and offered her quaint place. "Sorry I don't have much but I welcome you in, I am Aira, Aira Lyedan." She smiled looking at the woman and the dog. "Ahh you have a dog! so cute!" She tried to gain it's attention. After all she wanted to pet it. It looked familiar was it the one in the city? She pondered as she looked the woman over.

It was funny how one could have so little and be so happy. But she adored her life and wouldn't ask for any more . The sea was always fun as well, even in the winter so far it was all nice and fun but now she was in the town and would not do well to distract herself with such thoughts. She had a guest.
Aira Lyedan
Player

Character sheet

What an Odd Sight

Postby Alija on February 5th, 2015, 9:26 pm

A black haired, blue eyed girl appeared at the door wearing a simple dress. She invited her in with a smile, glancing around the rather empty cottage with a look of contentment. It was very similar to Alija's own, having sold the extra furniture not long after her parents left.
"I am Aira, Aira Lyedan," she smiled, before turning her attention to the dog, trying to pet it. Alija laughed as Trump avoided her, scampering across the room to examine the hearth.

"Her name's Trump," Alija said, "And I'm Alija Piper. If you've ever stumbled into the Armed Scholar, you might have seen me. I work there." She smiled shyly, standing in silence, before realising it was good to explain why she had entered a random person's house.

"I... I saw an otter run into here. Jump actually, through the window. Did you... or maybe... just wondering... " she trailed off, unable to explain her curiousity. Avoiding Aira's face, she stared off into the distance, examining a small patch on the wall.
Alija
Blacksmith and Aurist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

What an Odd Sight

Postby Aira Lyedan on February 10th, 2015, 4:20 pm

"Hello Trump" She said with a giggle " I am a friend Trump, don't worry " She said trying to pet it. " That was me... " She said with an ease and simple explanation. She giggled as she tried to play with Trump. It was obvious she was a very playful person, the otter part of her apparent. " That is you? I was there not too long ago. I will have to say hi next time I see you there. I can show you if you want, my otter self that is." She giggled and looked at her with a smile.

Aira loved when there were people to play with. " Was Trump chasing me earlier, she seems familiar. " Aira smiled on her knees now trying to play with Trump. "Come on girl, I just want to play" She said giggling as she hoped Trump would play. Aira giggled it was nice to have someone visit. She only ever saw molly. It was obvious Aira was rather easily distracted. She looked up at Alija and smiled she seemed nice, Aira was getting a good feeling from her. She wondered what else she might do. " Please.. sit I just have my bed.. really and a chair.. but feel free to sit wherever." She said still occupied with Trump.
Aira Lyedan
Player

Character sheet

What an Odd Sight

Postby Alija on February 15th, 2015, 4:37 pm

"That was me," she giggled, trying to play with Trump, who teased her playfully, dodging out of her way. She smiled, offering to show her otter self.

So she was Kelvic. An otter too. Her playfullness was apparent, the way she knelt on the ground, trying to get Trump to play with her. "Was Trump chasing me earlier, she seems
familiar," Aira asked, smiling. Alija nodded in agreement, laughing when the small puppy jumped onto the kelvic, giving her a huge lick.

"Yes, that's why I'm here! I wouldn't have seen you if Trump hadn't!" Alija replied, staring awkwardly at her feet. Now what? She couldn't just go.

"Please.. sit I just have my bed.. really and a chair.. but feel free to sit wherever." Alija perched on the chair, watching how the girl played with Trump. She seemed so carefree, so happy. As if the weights of the world didn't apply to her.

A little jealous of the attention Trump was getting, she knelt down beside them. "Watch," she mouthed, finding a crumb of food in her pocket. She span it round with a flick of the wrist, sayimg the word "Jump". Trump did so with a little bark, and Alija threw her the food.

"The boy who lives opposite me taught her that. He loves dogs!"
Alija
Blacksmith and Aurist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

What an Odd Sight

Postby Aira Lyedan on March 3rd, 2015, 9:03 pm

"That is a neat trick!" She said giggling as she looked at the woman. She had to admit she felt some sort of pull towards her she didn't know what to put it as. Aira just smiled and rolled on the ground before coming to a stop looking at Trump with a giggle. She would play with Aija but well most humans didn't play like she liked to. "Want to see?" She asked with a giggle before becoming a bright ball of light and suddenly an otter was where previously there had been a girl. She emerged from her clothes with what could only be an smile from the otter.

She walked up to Aija and made the motions that she wanted to play, however she wanted to. It was always easier to play in this form she though. Aira would come up and rub herself against Aija and smile hoping she would play with her. It was boring just talking when there was playing to be done. She was sure that trump, Aija and her could get into some trouble. It was always fun to play with someone. She then had an idea and darted off and grabbed a stick and brought it to Aija, there was something fun about the game of fetch though it was more fun when someone threw something shiny into the water that involved her having to find it.

Aira had to admit the girl was nice and seemed willing to play. She would like to play with such a person so she was hoping she would. If Aija did then perhaps she had found a friend. As Molly was more a parent than a friend. Or that was how it seemed to her. Always worried about her. It was kind of annoying at times even.
Aira Lyedan
Player

Character sheet

What an Odd Sight

Postby Alija on March 14th, 2015, 10:03 pm

"That is a neat trick!" Aira smiled, before asking Alija whether she wanted to see her change. Before waiting for a response, she did, and in a split second of light a small otter crawled out from under her clothes. Alija laughed, finding the whole idea so strange yet so interesting.

The otter rubbed beside her before fetching a stick. Alija took it, remembering Trump's love for the game as well. She threw it a little across the room, the dog scuttering after it as the otter did.

Alija laughed again. Aira seemed so small and naïve and it seemed that all she wanted to do was play. Her life appeared carefree without worries, and Alija wanted part of it. Just a little, just to not have any worries for a bell or two.
"Aira," she smiled, before realising she didn't know how to put it in words. Insteas, she asked something else. "Aira, do you have a job, any way to get money?"
She didn't know why she asked it, but she wanted to know.
Alija
Blacksmith and Aurist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

What an Odd Sight

Postby Aira Lyedan on March 16th, 2015, 12:05 am

She lost the race to the stick with Trump, he was fast she tried to wrestle it out of his mouth but failed as trump took it to Allja. She ran up to Alija and wondered what she was waiting for wanting to chase the stick again. She then heard the question. She shook her head no. She had been looking for a way to make money. But she hadn't figured that out yet. She was thinking fishing maybe on her friend molly's suggestion.

She was having fun, it wasn't often she had someone to play with. She began the losing battle of playing with trump, it seemed being an otter was an disadvantage of playing with a dog. She didn't mind though as they seemed to get along well enough though she hoped for an excuse to run again.

Aira had a hard time working when she felt the call to find someone. She didn't know who or when but she knew that she was meant to find someone that would make sense of her world. She thought she had found that person once before but well it didn't work out. She sighed hoping that maybe one day she could truely be content.
Aira Lyedan
Player

Character sheet

What an Odd Sight

Postby Aladari Coolwater on May 23rd, 2017, 8:16 pm

Your grades have been spotted!
________

Alija

■ Running + 1
■ Animal Husbandry + 4
■ Socialization + 3

Lores
Lore of Animal Husbandry: Trump's 'Jump' Trick
Lore of Zeltiva: Otters are Not Common
Lore of Kelvics: Change in a Flash of Light
Lore of Animal Husbandry: Otters Love Fetch Too

Additional Information
None.

________

Comments:

Don't forget to delete your post in the grading queue, and if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to PM me about your grade!

template by Orakan
"The sea always filled her with longing, though for what she was never sure."
- Cornelia Funke
Aladari Coolwater
Rock the boat.

Words: 267621
Joined roleplay: March 8th, 2016, 3:26 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes