A First Meeting (Shakaar)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Leiwinn on November 6th, 2010, 10:24 pm

Fall 42, 510 AV

Leiwinn had spent the past two days in and around the Den, following her target and learning his habits. She had been hired to kill a particular slaver whose fighters were accused of cheating, if that is possible, in the Blood Pits. Her employer, another slaver as far a she could tell, wanted him dead simply to get him out of the way. Either way, it didn't matter to Leiwinn, so long as she was paid in the end. Her target was usually well guarded, but Leiwinn had found a way around that. Which was precisely why she was sitting inside a small tavern at that exact moment, sipping a glass of water and ignoring all the various attempts by drunken patrons to garner her attentions. It was late, but after about an hour the one she was waiting for entered the building and made his way toward her. He didn't stop, but walked right by, subtly tapping the table as he did so. This was the signal that all was well, and it was time for Leiwinn to go.

Four Hours Earlier

Leiwinn ran her hand down the large man's cheek, staring dreamily into his eyes. "Are you sure you wont help me. I'll make it worth your while, I promise." The tall man had just exited the house of Leiwinn's target minutes earlier when Leiwinn pounced, almost literally, upon him. It wasn't difficult to get the guard talking, her words reinforced with a bit of hypnotism as she seduced the guard.

"I don't know.. if you failed and he found out I did it, he'd kill me."

Leiwinn smiles leaning against the guard, pressing her breast to his, "Oh, I wont fail. I just need you to tell me when. That's all, just when. I'll do the rest." She leans her head on his chest, her warm breath on his neck. "You wont regret it, I promise."

The man couldn't resist any longer. With promises of a reward after all was said and done, he promptly informed Leiwinn that every night before he went to sleep, the slaver took a hot bath and enjoyed a glass of wine. He would send his guards outside to wait, and they would usually wander off to get a drink or something to eat until he was done. The guard would see to it his companions were distracted that night, and inform Leiwinn when the merchant began his bath, so she could slip in and do her business..,

Present

And so Leiwinn waited until tall guard walked by, subtlety tapping the table signaling it was time for her to strike. She finished her glass of water then stood and exited the building, glancing around quickly to make sure no one was watching before slipping into an alley to retrieve the gear she had hidden earlier that day. Leiwinn quickly slipped out of her red dress and pulled on her assassin's garb, sliding her dagger into place in her boot. She hid her day clothes in the same place then tied on her mask and disappeared down the alley toward her targets house.
Leiwinn
Player

Words: 74230
Joined roleplay: October 5th, 2010, 1:47 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet

Postby Shakaar on November 7th, 2010, 4:54 am

Shakaar
You know I've decided that sometimes boredom is a good thing. It is much better than chasing snakes in alleyways, or getting your face cut up by some petching robbers as Shakkar mused he ran his finger down the scabbing cut. Running down the right side of his face,from his upper cheekbone down to the side of his chin. Ahajii muttered in amusement "mhmm... it's about time you began to think straight. Life isn't about seeing how many times a day you can get into a fight. It really isn't..." Well yeah... I suppose I might be a little aggressive, but It's been my strength not your wisdom that has born us through all trials. True, and I am grateful for your strength but remember that wisdom does not exclude strength. But it does give you a better chance at using it.

They had been sitting on a barrel in an alley for several hours. They had seen many interesting sights. Robberies had taken place, women had drawn many customers into abandoned buildings, and men with large cloaks had discussed matters quietly. But they had payed no heed to any of them.

But the last rays of syna's glory were fading. Shadows fell into the alleyway. Shakaar still didn't budge, the night held no terror to him. He watched in interest as the city went to sleep, and yet the "undercover" dealings became more commonplace. Humans were such pitiful creatures, thinking that darkness would hide them. Shakaar could make them out nearly as well as he could in full light! It was quite interesting just watching them move so secretively, confident in their attempts at stealth.

His observations were suddenly broken as a woman hurried into the alley. Standing behind the barrels only a few feet from him. She looked around quickly supposedly looking for any intruders. Surprised that she couldn't see him, Shakaar looked at his dark skin. Musing again at humans seeming lack of sight. He stayed silent not wanting to interupt her from whatever she was about to do.

His surprise was doubled as she began to undress. His hormones raged, she was fit and beautiful. The curves of her body burned in his mind. He must find out more about this woman, but not now. She would certainly not be pleased at his watching.

As she began dressing he watched her take the garb of an assassin. Hiding her dress in the same location she had just drawn her uniform from. She again looked about. And then left the alley. Shakaar watched her turn into the opening of the main street, which was free of traffic.

However only seconds later Shakaar watched as two men passed through the slim window. They were quite obviously following her...

Not quite sure as to why he felt prone to help the woman. Shakaar decided to follow the followers. So he quietly followed at a comfortable distance. Laughing inwardly at their attempts to conceal themselves. Humans are so easily deceived, the Akalak would never be tricked by such buffoons.

Key to DialogueBold in qoutes=Shakaar's thoughts
Italic in quotes=Ahajii's thoughts
normal in quotes= Speech
Shakaar
The Involuntary Executioner

Words: 30565
Joined roleplay: October 16th, 2010, 1:09 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

Postby Leiwinn on November 10th, 2010, 10:31 pm

Leiwinn quietly crept down the street, unaware that she was being followed. This was her first real mission since she killed her master. She made the contact, she set it up, and she got to do it her way instead of following some old man's orders. Just how she always wanted it. Unfortunately, due to her inexperience she overlooked the fact that she may have been a bit too bold in her dealings, a bit too obvious with the guard, a bit to ambitious for her first solo target. So it was that Leiwinn did not notice her predicament as she approached the house of her would be target, a large building surrounded by a tall iron fence. There were few lights on in the house, but Leiwinn knew how she would get in. First she had to jump the fence, then get in through the first floor kitchen window, which was always left cracked to let the heat out. She would take the servants stairwell to the second floor, down the hall and into the man's room. His private chamber was just across the room, through another door.

But none of this was relevant yet. Leiwinn still had to scale the fence and get inside unnoticed. She darted across the street and ran to the rear side of the large iron fence, stopping when she reached a tree growing right at its edge. The two men following her waited until she was distracted by the tree before crossing the road and walking right through the front gate, heading around to the back of the house from the other direction to cut her off when she tried to enter the house.

Leiwinn didn't have much trouble getting over the fence. She wasn't much of a climber, but she had picked that particular tree because of its low hanging branches, so she was able to scale it easily and jump over, landing heavily on the other side. Cursing under her breath at the lack of finesse with her landing, she made her way toward the back of the house where the ambush awaited her.

Leiwinn
Player

Character sheet

Postby Shakaar on November 10th, 2010, 11:52 pm

Shakaar
As he followed the two men Shakaar started to wonder how they knew to follow the woman, and what exactly the woman was going to do. He was also expecting a scathing comment from Ahajii, detailing how retarded he was acting and how he wouldn't be surprised if this entire thing was a trap. However for once the Ahajii and Shakaar agreed on a course of action. If only to see more of this enticing woman, they would follow the group.

They eventually reached a formidable house, that was surrounded by a large iron fence. Shakaar watched in interest as the woman first climbed into a tree, and then jumped over the fence heading towards the back of the house. The two men however took a different route. They chose the main gate and they walked towards the rear of the house. "How do they know her plans?" muttered Shakaar in surprise. "I have no more information then yourself, but remember to keep your wits about you..." replied Ahajii quickly.

Shakaar decided to follow the woman and if possible warn her about her opponents. So putting his hands on top of the fence, he vaulted over the top. "That's one major benefit of being tall" he laughed quietly. Making sure to stay in the deepest shadows he ran across the yard, to where he could see the woman creeping slowly along. He slowed down as he neared her, so as to not frighten her into an attack. Walking up only a few feet away from her, he whispered "I'm sorry to break your concentration, but your walking into an ambush. I suggest you head around the opposite direction, you know turn the ambush on it's head."
Shakaar

Character sheet

Postby Leiwinn on November 16th, 2010, 10:35 pm

Leiwinn froze... her initial reaction was to turn and attack, but that might prove unwise. Whomever had just crept up on her had the advantage, and the struggle might alert her target to her presence. All of Leiwinn's instincts screamed out to abort the mission. She had been discovered, even if it was by someone who seemed to be on her side, and she should leave and terminate the contract. But she was curious. This man had seen her enter the yard, approached her from behind, and warned her. Were he an enemy he could have easily taken her out from behind, and Leiwinn was inclined to believe him a potential ally instead.

After an instant's pause she spun around, ready to fight if necessary, and was surprised to find herself face to face with a very large Akalak. The man did not look like he was there to hurt her, and so responding in a whisper Leiwinn took a chance and spoke to the man. "An ambush? How do I know you are not just leading me into it yourself? Who are you, and why would you help me?" Leiwinn was breaking all the rules by speaking to this Akalak. She was never to let herself be seen, speak to no one unless she was certain they could not connect her to the murder, and never let anyone see her face. Well.. at least she was wearing a mask. But these rules were the Father's rules, not her's, and Leiwinn's stubborn need to be independent was driving her then to talk with the man.

Last edited by Leiwinn on November 18th, 2010, 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leiwinn
Player

Character sheet

Postby Shakaar on November 18th, 2010, 7:46 pm

Shakaar
Shakaar watched Leiwinn as he spoke waiting for any sign of movement. Her initial reaction was to freeze, but she quickly turned to face him. Questioning him on both the facts of his statement and the reasons for her to believe him.

"Yes, they've been following you from the alleyway you came out of. After you jumped the fence the two men walked through the gate and around the building. They're obviously trying to catch or kill you." Shakaar ended on a grave note still trying to keep his voice as low as possible. "As to why you should trust me. Well first off what choice do you have, you cannot go your initial route because of the possibility that I speak truth. Secondly if I wanted you killed or captured I could have done it without alerting you to my presence. So I suggest you decide whether or not you'll follow my advice, or just go home." With this Shakaar gave a lopsided grin and made one more comment. "So you want to go finish this?"
Shakaar

Character sheet

Postby Leiwinn on November 18th, 2010, 8:02 pm

The man's words rung true to Leiwinn, and she believed he had no intentions to harm her. As he explained the men were following her from the moment she left the tavern she muttered under her breath, "Curse that damned guard.. I'll have to deal with him later." She could not deny the Akalak's logic. If he wanted her dead he could have easily done it, so she had to believe he was there to help her. Her training said she should abort the mission, but her dwindling supply of mizas said it had to be finished. And the Akalak seemed to want to help her do it.

"Ok.. I don't know why you want to help me, but if you do I'll compensate you. Lets go around the other way, but we need to keep this quiet. I don't want anyone to hear us." With that said Leiwinn darts back toward the front of the house, glancing over at the road to make sure no one was looking their way, then ran around to the other side of the house. A quick look around the corner said the coast was clear, and she darted to toward the back side of the house, stopping at the back corner. Slowly she peeked around, spotting the two men lying in wait for her and grinned. She turned back to Shakaar, and whispered, "You don't have a weapon.. all I have is this dagger. Its yours if you need it."

OOCShould we get somebody to mod this?

Another OOCOh, also, I'll be gone the next four days, so I wont be posting again till Monday or Tuesday.

Leiwinn
Player

Character sheet

Postby Leviathan on July 14th, 2011, 11:27 pm

Thread Award!
Leiwinn

Skills
Skill Gain Info.
Seduction 1 --
Hypnotism 1 --
Tactics 1 --
Intelligence 1 --
Stealth 1 --
Climbing 1 --

Lore
Intelligence: Seduction to Gain Information

Additional CommentsShakaar is dead, Shakaar no get skeels. Poor Shakaar.
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook