Completed [The Herald's Arms] A Little Heat in the Cold (Open)

Orin goes to check out the fire dancers in the Herald's Arms

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[The Herald's Arms] A Little Heat in the Cold (Open)

Postby Orin Fenix on January 31st, 2015, 4:40 pm

Orin Fenix
Food Equals Love

Evening 40, Winter, 514
Orin carefully eased the door to the Herald's Arms open, being hit with a wave of warmth, light, and muted conversation. He had been standing outside, as people had flooded inside. The news of the fire dancers had spread through the city like, well, fire, and Orin had been gathering his courage to go inside for several chimes now. He usually wasn't a huge fan of social gatherings and huge crowds of people. He had found himself regulated to the sidelines or the butt of jokes at too many parties and celebrations to feel comfortable at them. But the lure of a new kind of entertainment, especially one as exotic as this sounded, had been irresistible. When he had gotten out of work earlier than expected, he had felt himself drawn to The Herald’s Arms with an almost magnetic force.

Ducking inside, he shut the door against the cold and the wind. Shrugging out of his cloak, he squinted in the sudden brightness. The scent of perfume mingled with smoke to create an almost intoxicating aroma. It was packed, the heat of so many bodies immediately causing Orin to break out in sweat even though his bones still felt the chill of outside. It was clear from the arrangement of chairs and tables that the fire dancers would be preforming against the far wall. Although Orin had heard that The Herald’s Arms had become popular for certain clandestine activities that had left Orin blushing a deep crimson when he heard the merest hint of them, tonight the main attraction was obviously the dance. If Orin stuck to the main floor, he thought he could stay clear of the more illicit affairs that took place upstairs.

Orin quickly got out of the way of the door when a particular rowdy group of men flung it open, almost crushing Orin into the wall in the process. He glanced around, looking for a spot out of the way from the press of people that would still have a clear view of the upcoming dance. He immediately dismissed the bar, since it seemed to be the most popular destination, with people crowding around it, all vying for the bartender’s attention. He was similarly dissuaded from the loveseats, since that seemed to be the domain of couples. It also, as he watched, seemed to imply that the person sitting there was open to companionship, as a woman slid smoothly into a patron’s lap. Wanting nothing to do with it, since women as a whole held a special terror for Orin, he turned decisively towards the plainer tables and benches set to the right of the entrance.

Spotting an open chair Orin began making his way surreptitiously towards it. He left a trail of stepped on toes and annoyed stares behind him despite his muttered apologies and pardons. Finally, he made it to his destination and draped his cloak over the back of the chair. He settled gingerly into the chair, inspecting it for stains and spills first. While he knew he should probably order something as expected, his purse was unfortunately getting rather thin and he had already eaten a hearty meal. He hoped to escape the notice of the owners and the servers and therefore their wrath. It was rather bad etiquette to come and not pay any money, but Orin hoped the sheer amount of people here would allow him to get away with it. And, if he had to, maybe he’d order a desert and linger over it. It was a tactic he had employed many times in the past. And if he had something in front of him, he’d be more inconspicuous.
Last edited by Orin Fenix on February 15th, 2015, 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Orin Fenix
Almost Iron But Actually Master Chef

Words: 1186489
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2015, 12:06 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Vanessa Lawson on February 1st, 2015, 1:25 pm

Vanessa opened the doors to the Herald's Arms. It was a nice, warm escape from the chilly air. Plus the fact she had time off of her rounds at the moment. She wasn't surprised in the least when her body almost immediately warmed and she began to search for a seat in the crowded space. It was little surprising to her as well that th he place was packed, especially when she'd often visited the place with her mother and father.

Vanessa removed her cloak and folded it over her arm. Afterward she continued to avoid getting to far into the crowds, eventually finding an almost unoccupied table. There was a man at the table, well she presumed the persona male because they were Waring a clock, but they had broad shoulders. She stepped a bit closer and cleared her throat.

"Would you mind if I sat here?" She asked politely, gesturing to the seat across from him. If he did, she had no problem with leaving, but if not she would just sit and enjoy a good drink, maybe even make a bit of conversation.
Vlog | 4/6 Threads | Plotnotes
Vanessa Lawson
The Knowledge Seeker

Words: 56894
Joined roleplay: December 10th, 2014, 5:48 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Orin Fenix on February 1st, 2015, 2:44 pm

Orin Fenix
Food Equals Love

The sound of a throat clearing behind him startled Orin. He had been half dozing, the mixed smoke, incense, and perfume creating a heady mix of aromas. In the warmth, and on top of a full day of work, he had felt himself relaxing. The dancers had still not appeared and Orin had allowed himself to zone out. So, it was quite a shock when he realized someone had come up behind him without him even noticing. He straightened up from the table where he had been resting his head on his forearms. He blinked, trying to jumpstart his brain. Turning, he was about to address the stranger when he got another shock.

It was a beautiful woman. Her dark caramel skin and straight black hair that fell to her shoulders shone in the candlelight. Her posture was relaxed but still showed a noble bearing. She was tall, if Orin had to guess almost as tall as him. Her expression was pleasant if a bit neutral, and while it wasn’t distinctly striking in any sense, it was very pretty to look at. Her clothing was simple, but immaculate. The sight of a broadsword strapped to her waist was the only incongruity in her picture, but she bore it with the air of one well used to it. All of it terrified Orin. While his childhood had been plagued with bullies, the girls had been the worst. Boys were supposed to be rowdy and rough so parents kept an eye to make sure their actions didn’t cross too many lines. Girls, on the other hand, had no such guardians and could be just as, if not more, vicious than the boys. And, as they had gotten older the girls had made a special game of pretending to fancy him, stringing him along, then cruelly informing him of how they really felt. None of it had left him particularly at ease in the presence of a member of the opposite sex.

His tongue, normally too fluid and prone to babbling, was tied in knots. As was his stomach. However, her request was relatively innocuous and he had no reason to believe she in particular would be cruel to him. He forced himself to take deep calming breaths despite his heart trying to pound its way out of his chest. When he had at least a facsimile of calm he forced the corners of his mouth upwards and made a weak gesture towards the empty seat. ”Not at all, please sit.” That took all the courage he had in him and his mouth went dry. He swallowed, trying desperately to get the unpleasant feeling to go away. He wished now he had at least gotten something to drink. But it was too late now and he felt the silence growing awkward between him and his apparent companion for the evening. Even as he had that thought he blushed, realizing the connotations that might hold in this place of all places. That would never in a million years happen. However, the silence was thickening and it would only be polite to make at least a passing attempt at chat. Once again trying a slight smile, Orin managed to get out a polite inquiry. ”That’s a nice sword. Where’d it come from if you don’t mind me asking.” Belatedly realizing he hadn’t even introduced himself, he quickly added ”I’m Orin by the way.” However even that brief exchange took everything he had and he found himself half hoping she would find another seat. She would probably find it more enjoyable to be far away from him.
Orin Fenix

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Vanessa Lawson on February 1st, 2015, 3:57 pm

"Thank you." Vanessa smiled brightly, glad to have a place to sit in the overstuffed tavern. She nodded her head in thanks and sat across from the man. She observed him lightly, giving him a loose look. The man had pale skin and black, short tussled hair. He had pale blue eyes, with an interesting hint of green to them, along with high cheek bones. The man was quite striking, but Vanessa didn't pay much attention to that. The man had given her an awkward smile, leading her to believe he was nervous. He soon tried to open conversation, the first question being about her broadsword.

"I'm Vanessa. It's a please to meet you." She said warmly. She didn't feel comfortable when people were nervous around her. She usually made an attempt to make them feel calm, so when a waitress came over to the table she took the chance. "Two lunches please with ale please."

The woman nodded and sauntered off, leaving Vanessa with Orin again. She looked at her broadsword briefly before speaking up. "I hope you don't mind my ordering for you. I was given the sword from my Father."

She smiled in recollection. Before she could get to far into her thoughts, the waitress sat down to plates and two cups of ale. Vanessa nodded her thanks and took a sip of the alcohol. She hummed in content and sat down her cup. It had been awhile since she'd actually stopped anywhere for ale. She then tunred her attention back to the man before her. "You seem nervous, is something wrong?"
Vanessa Lawson
The Knowledge Seeker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Orin Fenix on February 1st, 2015, 5:07 pm

Orin Fenix
Food Equals Love

Orin was acutely aware of the woman’s gaze on him as she sat in the chair across from him and he was sudden hyperaware of his many flaws. His hair was nowhere near being under control and his clothes were not only wrinkled, but also covered in small stains that were impossible to avoid when one was cooking. He fought the urge to try and smooth his shirt out, gripping his hands tightly together under the table. It would only result in him pawing ineffectually at his chest and he could save himself that much embarrassment at least. Sneaking a glance at her, she looked comfortable and sure of herself, which only served to heighten Orin’s anxiety. She also looked as if she had every intention of staying. Orin would have considered fleeing back to his room if his legs hadn’t felt so much like jelly. He was sure if he tried standing he would simply collapse on the floor. So he stayed seated, squirming slightly in discomfort.

When Vanessa ordered two meals, Orin felt compelled to speak up. ”Oh no I really couldn’t, you don’t need to order anything for me! I already ate and it would just be wasted.” Twisting, he tried to shout after the waitress, ”Just one is fine!” but the din swallowed up his words and soon she disappeared from sight. Turning back to Vanessa, he knew he had to thank her. ”No I don’t mind. I really wasn’t planning on eating anything but, um I appreciate it.” He grinned weakly at her, hoping it would help put her at ease. This was going so well he thought sarcastically.

Vanessa seemed to perk up a bit when she talked about her father’s sword so Orin seized on that on as a safe topic of conversation. Maybe he could somehow salvage this situation. ”Oh? It seems big. I mean I don’t know anything about swords but it seems like it’s a very fine weapon. Do you use it a lot? And I guess if you don’t mind me asking why’d your father give it to you.” A pang of envy shot through him but he throttled it down with a vengeance. His father hadn’t left Orin anything to remember him by, even if Orin wanted to. But Orin was determined not to let the memory of his father ruin his evening. Besides, Orin was already doing a splendid job of that all on his lonesome.

The waitress returned quickly, setting down a plate and a cup in front of both of them, moving off in a swirl of skirts before Orin could do more than mutter a quick thanks. He grimaced at the ale. He never touched a drop of anything alcoholic. While he would serve it to other people and use it in his food, he was too afraid of following in the footsteps of his father. He knew all too well the damage drinking could do to someone, having experienced it firsthand. But he had already resolved not to dwell on his father tonight and so he simply set his cup to one side and began picking at his food. He really was full but a few more bites probably wouldn’t hurt. However, the vegetables turned out to be surprisingly tasty, if slightly dry. He would have used a bit more salt himself but since it wasn’t his kitchen he had no right making judgments. He chewed and swallowed, intending to try another bite to see if he could determine how exactly it had been prepared.

Of course, Vanessa’s next question caused him to freeze in place, food halfway to his mouth. He slowly placed his forkful back on the plate trying to buy himself time to gather his scattered thoughts. ”No no no, nothing’s wrong…I’m not nervous. Well, it’s just, you seem so collected and sure of yourself and so put together and you’re very pretty and I’m well, not, and I’m just not used to talking to beautiful women and oh god this is so embarrassing isn’t it?” Orin could feel his cheeks heating up as the dreaded blush began creeping its inevitable way upwards. He’d be sure to turn a spectacular shade of crimson in a few seconds. ”I can leave if you want. In fact I probably should I have an early start tomorrow and thanks for the meal but really I should go.” Orin turned to grab his cloak. However, he still didn’t feel as if his legs would support his weight so he stayed there awkwardly, trapped by his own words.
Orin Fenix

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Vanessa Lawson on February 1st, 2015, 6:12 pm

Vanessa gave an apologetic look after she ordered. She didn't want the man to feel compelled to eat it to show his politeness. Shyke, now she felt bad for ordering. After trying to stop the waitress, who had moved to quick, he began to make another topic, one Vanessa didn't mind in the least. She nodded to the man and began to speak.

"Yes, it's quite useful. It was my Father's when he was in the Knighthood, but he died in a fight. A soldier was sent to give me the his sword, and I wear everywhere I go. I train with it anytime I get the chance." She said with a smile. When the waitress returned and set the dinning wear on the table, Orin seemed to put away the ale, perhaps he couldn't hold alcohol very well? Yet another regretted decision. She decided to order water next time she sat with a stranger.

He began to pick at the food, eventually taking a bite with a thoughtful look. After Vanessa had spoken, she took a bite of the meat. It was nice an tender, but thick cut and well cooked. Just the way she remembered. The man seemed to get even more nervous, but the squire only smiled. "Well, I'm not as collected as you think. I'm actually a bit nervous myself. I don't really get many days off, so I never really hang around others very much. I'm kinda upset with myself for buying you food and drink because I kind of forced it on you. I'm glad you think I'm pretty though, I haven't been treated like a woman for a bit, so thank you. You can leave if you want, but I enjoy the company if you stay."

Vanessa felt better now that she had that load off her shoulders. It was true, she hadn't been around other civilians often, and when she was it was usually when she was on duty. In those times she barely chatted with them, just found a way to help them and left. Even when passing them she only smiled and nodded, so she didn't interact much. It was nice to know that she wasn't alone in her nervousness.
Vanessa Lawson
The Knowledge Seeker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Orin Fenix on February 1st, 2015, 7:26 pm

Orin Fenix
Food Equals Love

Vanessa didn’t seem to have any ulterior motives and she genuinely appeared to want Orin to stay. Tentatively, he laid his cloak on the back of chair where it had been resting earlier. Nervous he ran his right hand through his hair before he could catch himself, his fingers leaving strands upright as they passed through. He placed them on the table until he realized they were drumming slightly to channel excess nerves. He quickly picked up his fork and knife, carving his meat desperate for something to do. He put a piece in his mouth, chewing carefully. It was just slightly overdone, but considering that this was supposed to be just plain tavern fare Orin was impressed. Encouraged, he began eating more. It wasn’t like another meal would kill him. Feeling bad that he had complained so much about the order he tried to mend the situation as best he could. ”This is really tasty actually, I’m glad you ordered.” Feeling like that wasn’t enough, he continued, ”I didn’t realize quite how hungry I was.” Smiling shyly, he took another bite as if to prove his point. His mug of ale still sat abandoned at the edge of the table though. Not even polite conventions would make him touch it.

Glad she seemed livelier when she talked about her father’s sword Orin’s smile grew into an actual grin. He’d got something right for once! Unable to contain himself he replied, ”That’s great about the sword.” Realizing that she might take his comment amiss, as if he thought her father’s death was great; he quickly tried to insert a correction. ”I didn’t mean that your father died of course! I just meant, well it’s amazing that you’re learning how to fight. I can’t do anything like that and I just have so much respect for everyone who does and your father’s death is a tragedy!” Cursing his lack of verbal dexterity he put his head in his hands, ashamed at his lack of tact. Taking a deep breath, he peered at her over the tops of his fingers. Sitting back, he said, ”Let me try that again please. What I meant is that I’m glad you have something to remember him by and that you seem to be honoring his memory.” He continued by saying, ”If he were here now I bet he’d be proud of you.” That seemed to be what people said in these situations, true or not, and it was a nice sentiment. Orin wished he could say the same of his father, but held carefully to his earlier promise to himself.

Orin didn’t quite believe Vanessa when she admitted that she was nervous around him. What could he possible be doing to make her nervous? He hastening to once again reassure her that he didn’t mind the food. ”Seriously, this is turning out to be much better than I thought it would be.” He gestured at his plate to indicate what exactly he was referring to. Orin also tried to assuage her concerns that she wasn’t pretty. ”Of course you’re pretty, I mean, just look at you!” Realizing that might have come out more enthusiastically than Orin had intended it to. Coughing slightly to try and cover up his embarrassment as he felt another blush coming on. He quickly racked his brains trying to come up with another topic to change the subject to. ”So, are you here for the fire dancers? I mean of course you are I’ll bet pretty much everyone is here to see them.” Having failed once, Orin nevertheless persevered, settling on another question as the safest course of action. ”So what do you do that keeps you so busy that you don’t get days off that often and don’t get to hang out with others?” Orin settled back, actually genuinely interested in the answer.
Orin Fenix

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Vanessa Lawson on February 1st, 2015, 9:03 pm

Vanessa relaxed her muscles and sat back in her seat. She was finally dropping her guard and truly relaxing. Been a while since I've done this. Taking another sip of ale, she sighed happily. She was usually a heavy drinker, but she had no intention of getting a hangover during tomorrows' training with her Patron. She nodded her thanks when he mentioned the food, relieved that he didn't mind after all. She assumed he was just a lightweight drinker, so she didn't mind him keeping away from the ale.

Vanessa smiled warmly at at the man. They were similar in social awkwardness, though Vanessa mainly stayed quiet so she didn't make a fool of herself. Not that Orin was, in fact, he seemed to make it cute. She wasn't interested romantically interested in the least, but if she was he would be quite the charmer. The fact remained she had someone she was inter4ested in already to boot.

"No need to rephrase, we're both socially awkward, yeah? Then again, I usually don't speak when I sit next to someone because they're usually drunk or trying to find away into my pants." Vanessa covered her mouth after she spoke, the last part wasn't meant to be spoken aloud. Maybe I've had enough to drink.She set the drink she was about to sip of back onto the table. "Sorry, this is why I usually don't speak."

She turned back her attention and smiled gratefully when he mentioned her Father must me proud. That was something a brief sadness passed through her features before disappearing just as fast. It made her happy he'd said so, but it also made her sad that it wasn't her Father saying it himself. "I'm trying my best to make him proud."

She genuinely laughed when he assured her that she was pretty. It was nice of him, and it made her happy as well as a bit embarrassed. At least he was honest, even if he didn't mean to be. She would consider this man a friend should they meet again. She calmed herself and spoke with a cheerful tone.

"Thank you. You're quite the charmer yourself if I do say so. It's nice to talk to someone different from the drunks every now and then. Though I do occasionally find myself chatting on even terms with them. It's sad that all my drinking partners never last longer than I do."

Vanessa raised a brow in confusion at the mention of the fire dancers. She hadn't known about it, but it did feel like there were more people in the tavern than usual. Well, she was busy most of the time, it was no surprise she was just getting the news. "I had no idea there were going to be fire dancers."

She took another bite of meat, and downed the last of her ale before responding to Orin's question. "Squire Vanessa Lawson at your service." She said with a proud smile. It seemed that he was seriously interested, and for that she was glad. The Knighthood worked really hard, so being recognized by anyone was a wonderful reward. Before she could say more, there was a loud call about dancers, and the doors opened to reveal women clad in red walked in. Soon flame was lit to their batons, or rather torches and everything went a bit more quite. Different music began to play as the women began to dance and spin, twirling the flame lit batons with expert ease. "So these are the fire dancers."
Vanessa Lawson
The Knowledge Seeker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Orin Fenix on February 1st, 2015, 11:51 pm

Orin Fenix
Food Equals Love

Vanessa seemed amused by him rather than repulsed. Orin figured that this was a good sign and felt himself relaxing minutely. He even felt comfortable enough to return her smile with an actual smile, as opposed to the crazed rictus it had probably looked like before. Maybe he would be able to enjoy himself for once. Orin was about to reassure her that she wasn’t acting awkwardly at all when she mentioned the comment about people trying to get into her pants. He was momentarily speechless but it seemed she was in a similar situation as she covered her mouth. Feeling an urge to try and assure her that her statement wasn’t at all strange Orin blurted out, as gallantly as he could manage ”I would never try and get into your pants!” Of course, as soon as it was out there he realized the possible negative interpretation on that particular sentence and he hastened to correct his error. ”Not that I’m sure it wouldn’t be pleasant for both of us, I mean, I’m sure you’re a lovely girl and I just meant that I respect you and I would never do anything that we both didn’t want and I should really stop talking as I’ve put my foot in my mouth again haven’t I?” Feeling truly and completely mortified, Orin just sat there fanning his rather red cheeks. ”I guess we are both a little awkward,” he said with a wry smile. ”Why don’t we both pretend that never happened alright?”

Orin was glad when the subject finally changed. Although he soon felt ashamed as he saw a wave of sadness cross her face, even though through it she smiled. He knew that feeling himself and he wished there was some way he could reach out and comfort her. But they had just met and Orin had never really had a way with words or with actions so he felt rather helpless. But he knew what it felt like to lose a parent. Even though Orin and his father hadn’t seen eye to eye on every topic, Orin still felt a deep-set feeling of grief every time he allowed his mind to drift to the subject. It felt like there was a hole in his heart. But time helped, at least a little. He felt he had to provide what sympathy he could, so he settled for simply asking, ”You miss him, don’t you?”

Orin blushed when she laughed at his compliment. He was trying to be nice and this is where it got him. He was afraid she was simply sitting with him so she’d have some hilarious stories to share with her friends about the simpleton she’d met at The Herald’s Arms. Before that particular line of reasoning could turn into a vicious spiral her next remark caused him to choke on the meat he had just tried to swallow. At first he was sure he misheard her. She couldn’t possibly find him charming. But though he ran through the conversation again in his head the words remained stubbornly the safe. He managed to stammer out, ”Th-thank you, for saying I’m charming. That’s awful nice of you.” Suddenly shy he looked down at his plate, pushing the meat and the vegetables around so he wouldn’t have to meet her eyes. Realizing she probably expected more of a reply, he quietly continued. ”I don’t drink actually. Not that there’s anything wrong with it but, well it’s just not for me.” This was straying dangerously close to territory Orin most definitely did not want to talk about. He’d found that opening up to people usually just ended up with him getting hurt.

Surprised that she hadn’t known about the dancers, Orin finally looked at her again. ”Oh, so do you come here often then? Not that it’s any of my business of course, I was just wondering what brought you here, that's all. You don’t need to tell me, I mean, we just met after all.” He waited patiently as she finished her meat and ale before she responded to his finally inquiry. Then he found his mouth dropping open in surprise, though he quickly shut it. ”A squire? That’s incredible, but there seem to be a lot of you around! Not that I don’t appreciate it, I really do, you all work so hard to keep us safe. I’m just a lowly chef and I guess I’m just a little surprised at how normal you seem.” Realizing he might have just unwittingly insulted her once again, he rushed to add, ”Not that being a squire isn’t normal! It’s really admirable actually and I could never do it.”

Orin was saved by the arrival of the dancers. He sat back relieved that further conversation would be staved off, at least for the duration of the dance. He nodded absently at Vanessa’s comment. Then, remembering that she probably was watching the dancers, not him, he followed up with ”Looks like it.” The women in red began an intricate dance, their lit batons spinning and weaving through the air to create a mesmerizing and dizzying sight. It was absolutely unlike anything Orin had seen before and he found himself rapt at the sight. As the music picked up he found himself held in the spell of the moment, unable to move even if he wanted to.
Orin Fenix

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Vanessa Lawson on February 2nd, 2015, 3:38 pm

"Yes, I do miss him. Though I don't want to disappoint him by staying depressed. Instead I'll keep my head up and move on." She said assuredly. She wouldn't let herself fall into the pit of despair she'd put herself in years ago. In stead she would do what she did everyday afterward. She would smile and have fun. She nodded and took his drink for her own. She drank silently while watching the display.

Vanessa watched the dancers preform after they had stopped speaking. The music was alluring, and the fire dancers were exotic and new to her thus keeping her attention. They twirled the batons, lighting the walls in the Herald's Arms with dancing red shadows. Food forgotten, Vanessa was completely enthralled. The music left a soft hum in her ears and the tavern was getting warm from the flames and the sheer mass of people crowding in for a chance to view the Dancers.

After about a chime the flames were extinguished much to Vanessa's disappointment. She had been lost in the music and let her guard down, but now that the dancers needed a break she she upped her guard just a bit, but was still more relaxed than when she entered. She turned to Orin and found he to had been interested in the dance. She'd had two drinks, but being that she'd been so warn out it hit her harder than she expected.

"That was a very impressive show of skill. Wouldn't you agree?" She slurred her speech slightly, but smiled warmly. She found it strange, she usually managed her eighth drink before she began to slur. Not that it mattered in her more drunken state, but she'd probably regret letting her mind go in the morning. She giggled a bit before speaking again. "So what do you cook, cook?"
Vanessa Lawson
The Knowledge Seeker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Next