PM to join The Second Time (Vanessa Lawson)

He couldn't forget but didn't want to remember

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

The Second Time (Vanessa Lawson)

Postby Aventis on February 1st, 2015, 2:50 pm

59th of Winter, 514
Late evening

With a slight slouch in his spine and an apathetic gaze, the cloaked squire walked the streets of Syliras in an unfortunately familiar pattern, fulfilling his routes for what was certainly not the first time. It had only been a few chimes, maybe a bell or two, since Aventis had set out, armed with his shortsword and rapier, from the dormitories and out into the cold evening, ripe with chill and empty of people. Once or twice now he had passed The Rearing Stallion, which had been busy for a long while now. There must have been something about a warm hearth and cheap drink that attracted the masses on a cold winter evening.

The squire held his cloak taut around his shivering torso, doing his best to remain warm in the biting cold. The rounds were devastatingly dull, and the hearth looked more and more welcoming with every turn of the rounds. The sun had begun to set over the hills and the torches upon the walls glowed brighter in a dim comparison, which seemed to increase Aventis’ fatigue. He was close to turning the corner and seeing the bustling tavern, lights gleaming through the windows and merry laughter through the walls, for a third time, and he wasn’t to keen to do it.

He could hear the chorus before he could see it, muffled voices breaking through the walls and reaching the Eypharian’s ears, much to his contempt. Upon rounding the corner and setting eyes upon the old tavern, Aventis felt a sudden desire to desert his rounds, step into the tavern, and enjoy the hearth along with the many others that had before him. The people were off putting and undesirable, yes, but the hearth would make up for it.

The squire stepped a bit closer, his stern expression softening as he set eyes upon the happy little building. He stood there, for a moment, wondering about the tavern, what would happen if he went in. Of course he wouldn’t, oh no, he would never desert rounds, but it was certainly tempting. He had found himself getting hungry, as well, and that could easily be remedied with a moment of time in The Rearing Stallion…

No. No, of course not. he thought, his jaw locking and fists, those that were in sight, at least, tensing at the thought. I’m not leaving.

But… Maybe a moment more of looking wouldn’t harm anyone.

Credit to: Rhys for picture edit, Redd and Estellir Konrath for Boxcodes, and Fallon for Signature

Shameless self advertising. Feel free to make a request!

Aventis
Your brother in multiple arms

Words: 158586
Joined roleplay: October 22nd, 2014, 9:14 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Vanessa Lawson on February 1st, 2015, 4:18 pm

Vanessa wrapped her cloak a bit tighter around herself. Any other day she was Squire of Ser Alvin John, but today she was civilian Vanessa. She didn't wear the armor, she wasn't doing rounds, she was just.. Vanessa. No titles, no ranks, just Vanessa. She hummed in content, happy to be given a off day by her Patron for her good work. Dressing in her civilian attire was colder than her Knightly wear, but it was easier to speak to everyone when they weren't addressing her with titles. It was nice to just be set free from the training every now and again, especially after a good few days of vigorous spars.

As it was she happened to be heading to her favorite tavern. The Rearing Stallion. It was a rowdy place not fitting for a proper lady, but heck, Vanessa wasn't a proper lady. She was a squire who could take care of herself just fine. The broadsword on her hip should be reason enough not to mess with her.

That being said, there was those select few drunks who decided to ignore that, but she usually never ended up in a fight, she simply said she was a squire and they left her alone. She didn't like using her position in those ways, but she didn't want to get into unnecessary fights and arguments with the people she was assigned to protect. She was beginning to hear the hustle and bustle of the place as she got closer. Happy laughing, music, loud chatting.. It was all part of the obnoxious and exciting air of the tavern.

She stepped up to the entrance but found it blocked by what looked to be a cloaked Knight. She sighed inwardly and cleared her throat. "Excuse me Ser, May I enter?"
Vlog | 4/6 Threads | Plotnotes
Vanessa Lawson
The Knowledge Seeker

Words: 56894
Joined roleplay: December 10th, 2014, 5:48 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Aventis on February 1st, 2015, 8:25 pm

The roarous laughter and skilled music leaked through the walls and out the door in a thick, nearly palpable, continuous wave. Aventis stood in front of the door, maybe a foot or two back from it, thinking extensively about the happy little tavern. His head was filled, and he knew the thoughts were inane and irresponsible, with the stupid idea to step off his route for just a moment more, just one moment, and walk straight into The Rearing Stallion. To do what? Absolutely nothing. Aventis absolutely hated the crowds, the noise hurt his ears, and her certainly wouldn't speak to anyone present, but the warmth and the food was enticing, sickeningly so. If not for his rounds, he would already be inside, enjoying the atmosphere and the warm food, but instead Aventis found himself standing there in front of the door, unafraid of traffic consequence seeing as it seemed late enough in the evening for everyone who desired to be inside was inside and late enough as so that the patrons already inside would not leave.

The lights seemed to only grow brighter with consideration, the music brighter. Aventis began to wonder if it would really hurt to just step inside and... No. No no no. Knighthood. Knighthood and responsibility and this is stupid. So inane. So moronic.

Aventis shook his head in disbelief at his actions, smiled at his foolishness, and began to turn around only to be met with "Excuse me sir, may I enter?"

The squire turned only to face her.

Her.

Nope. He thought to himself, breath stolen and eyes widened.

His cheeks flushed and he tried not to look like a complete ass when he muttered "Of course..." and stepped out of the way of the entrance. He didn't intend to stay after that. Immediately following the ncounter, Aventis turned, hid his head under his hood, and began to walk away.

Credit to: Rhys for picture edit, Redd and Estellir Konrath for Boxcodes, and Fallon for Signature

Aventis

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Vanessa Lawson on February 1st, 2015, 10:01 pm

Vanessa blinked to make sure she wasn't hullucinating. Right before her was the man of her thought. She was about to apologize for addressing him so formally, but the other squire simply spoke first and began to leave. Of course, there was on way she was just going to let him, no matter how embarrassed she was. "Aventis, please wait!"

She'd never stuttered so much in one sentence. Her cheeks were bright red, and she could feel the warmth under them. Of course, she could always pass it off as the cold weather, but Aventis was much to perceptive for lies. Plus she hated dishonesty and was a terrible liar. She reached a hand out to grab his cloak, but stopped midway before putting her hand down.

Now that she had his attention she had no idea what to say, so she ran on impulse. "Stay with me?" That came out all wrong. She averted her gaze and went another shade of red, quickly rephrasing her sentence. "I mean drink, yeah, stay and drink with me?" She stuttered. Sweet Sylir she was making a complete fool of herself like a scholar with her crush. Oh right, she was. The crush part that is.

She looked up with an awkward smile,and hoped she hadn't looked like a moron in front of the man. The last thing she wanted to do was weird the man out with her terrible social skills.
Vanessa Lawson
The Knowledge Seeker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Aventis on February 3rd, 2015, 2:28 am

No. No no no. Nopedy nope. Nope nope nope nope nope nope nope

Her. Not her. Anyone but Vanessa. Anyone but the living psychological poison that is the girl with raven black hair. The first time they had met the image of the girl had plagued his thoughts and invaded his memories. There was something about her, something queer, something Aventis hadn't encountered before, and it was dangerous, it was poison. It... It felt too good to be benevolent. Far too sweet, too addictive. It was too much.

And so Aventis, though not completely content in doing so, was intent on leaving. There was absolutely no way that Aventis would stay, absolutely none that he would be roped into this again. He could deal with it. He couldn’t deal with her not being there after. It was terrible after he left. So now, now he skips all of it.

"Aventis, please wait!” he heard behind him.

Ha no. Nope. Not this. No.

Aventis pretended not to hear her. It wasn’t important. No. I won’t. I will not turn around. I will not-...

My cloak. She grabbed my cloak.

Now, Aventis had no choice but to stop. Dead in his tracks and refusing to turn around and look at her, Aventis stared out at the street. He could feel Vanessa release the cloth from her hand but Aventis found himself stuck to the ground, unwilling to move.

Stay with me?” she asked, quickly fixing her statement. “I mean… Stay and drink… Yeah… Stay and drink with me.

Aventis sighed, wishing he could, so wishing he could. In all honesty he had never wanted anything more. But he couldn’t. No, of course not.

It’s too good to be true. She was too good to be true. And the only conclusion Aventis could possibly reach was that she wasn’t true.

After a moment of silence, Aventis built of his courage and cleared his throat. “I have rounds,” he simply stated. It was bull, he knew. It was a bull excuse. But he couldn’t stay. It was dangerous.

He began to walk away.

Aventis

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Vanessa Lawson on February 3rd, 2015, 4:57 pm

Vanessa cursed herself for not paying more attention. He was on rounds, that was probably the only reason he had stopped in front of the stallion. He probably thought she was intentionally trying to get him into trouble. She wanted to say something, but anything she thought of sounded stupid. She didn't want the man just leave, so she did the only thing she could think of. She walked with him.

"I'll accompany you then. I-if you don't mind that is." She said, bounding up beside him. She was facing inner turmoil afterwards though. If he agreed to let her stay it was fine, if he didn't.. well, she'd stay anyway. The problem was her being torn between wanting to be around him, and wanting to be away from him at the same time. It was confusing. If she stayed, she'd probably say something stupid. If she left, she'd probably not get the chance to talk to Aventis again.

She was usually not so intent on being around others, but she felt drawn to the man. She had been thinking about him recently, and it usually took her attention away from her training, which she ended up getting scolded for. Whether the man was a blessing or a curse she couldn't tell, all she knew was he attracted her attention and interested her beyond reason.
Vanessa Lawson
The Knowledge Seeker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Aventis on February 4th, 2015, 11:02 pm

I’ll accompany you, then. I-... If you don’t mind, that is.

Shyke He thought. Pretend she’s not there… Keep walking…

She was adamant, but, luckily, so was Aventis. This girl, as much as the young Eypharian respected her, was nothing he could not outlast. However this presented a challenge, which, in turn, perhaps presented the squire with an opportunity to be rid of the empty feeling in his gut. Aventis leaves, Vanessa doesn’t. What if he becomes as adamant as she is?

The idea would work, this the squire knew definitely. Question is whether or not he wanted it to work. Having her with him was… Fulfilling. As if there was some part of him he had never realized about himself until he had met the peculiar squire, and it was essential to him now. It was the thing that made him happy, completed him. And it left when she did. Arguably, this is what made her poison.

There was nothing the squire could do but press on his charge, endlessly walking and hoping that with her, his turmoil would pass. And all the Eypharian could think about was whether or not he wanted it to pass.

Aventis

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Vanessa Lawson on February 4th, 2015, 11:51 pm

Vanessa willed herself to take the silence as acceptance. Though she thought otherwise. Was she was an annoying the man? Shyke, now she was regretting her decision to stay. It had been hard enough trying to get an once of his trust, now it looked like she was back on square one with the other squire. She didn't want to think of herself as bothersome to the man, but if it were true..

No. She wouldn't think that way. If anything it was best to make him comfortable around her before all else. He seemed bothered by her presence in some way, but even if that hurt a bit she would try her hardest to get the man to change his opinion of her. If only she knew how. He didn't seem the type to hold conversation for long, but she had to try/

A topic, I need a topic.

She searched for something to say. She didn't want to talk about the weather, especially since Aventis had probably been out in the chilly air for a while as he did rounds. Maybe his day? No it was late evening and he still hadn't been relieved from his watch. Of all the times to lose her bearings, it had to be now. She mentally slapped herself at her lack of attention. Mustering her courage, she managed to speak in an even tone. "How does your training come along?"
Vanessa Lawson
The Knowledge Seeker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Aventis on February 5th, 2015, 9:48 pm

“It goes fine, Vanessa.” He replied. He did his absolute best to keep his tone a low growl, just about as friendly as a bear and his voice as smooth as gravel. Aventis was fully, entirely, undoubtedly committed himself to the act he held. It was the right decision, making her leave. Ridding himself of the incessant, never ending torture the girl unknowingly puts on him. It was the right thing for both of them. The wisest course of action.

So why did it hurt?

This is exactly why she needs to go. He thought. This turmoil, the mental torment subjected to me by this girl is phenomenal. It cannot be healthy. It needs to go.

He was right. The pain needed to end one way or another, and the only way he could see the both of them walking away relatively painlessly was the one he followed now. He needed to make her hate him, because she obviously did not now. That needed to be fixed. For the betterment of both of them.

Aventis

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Vanessa Lawson on February 7th, 2015, 6:45 pm

That was it. His tone, his distrust of her, his attitude towards her. She'd had enough of it. Vanessa was boiling in anger. This man, the man she'd tried her hardest to be kind to.. Why was he being such a Petching fool?! He brushed her off, dismissed her, and all she was trying to do was be friendly. She felt so stupid for harboring any feelings toward the man at all. It hurt her to even think about why he was treating her like trash.

She snapped.

She whirled around in full fury and latched her fist onto his collar. She turned to face him, uncaring that she was tearing up, and slapped him in the face. "How could you be so inconsiderate?! I'm made so many attempts to get along, to be friends and you.. you made me feel like a fool!! I tried to give you my trust, and what did you do?" She shouted in a teary-eyed rage, releasing her grasp. "You brushed me off like dirt!" Finally done holding it in she let herself cry and turned to walk away, only to step on her cloak. She knew she was going to fall, she didn't try to catch herself. She'd already embarrassed herself, why not finish it with one final act.
Vanessa Lawson
The Knowledge Seeker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Next