Closed Float Like a Moth

Light meets Irriari

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Float Like a Moth

Postby Bartholomew on February 13th, 2015, 8:53 pm

Winter 12, 514 AV

Nineteen years old. When people asked Light how old he was, many would say nineteen. And on queue with everyone else, at the same time, those people would laugh. "You?! Nineteen and a threat?!"

Light did not like those words, but what was he to do? He was not seen as a force to reckon with, not even when he held his bastard sword in his fingers. He was taller, robust in manly figure, and extremely strong; yet still no one respected his authority. So what could he possibly do to make himself seen as a threat?!

"Become stronger, and make everyone who laughs at you kneel to your feet," his father said when asked. The man believed entirely of the ways of domination. He would often argue for days on how the Ebonstryfe should full-fill Rhysol's mission by storming into cities and showing true power. Soundings of a psychotic man right? But he was an amazing leader and a great father, so Light would be foolish to not listen to him.

"So, how can I possibly get stronger?"

His father did not answer this question, which by doing so gave Light the answer he needed. Although the man did not say it, Light knew. "Okay, I will figure it out on my own. You don't need to give me the silent treatment until I do."

Nothing.

Stubborn man, Light brooded. So, Light did a few looking around, asking questions on what would be the best way to get stronger to his friends. Most of his friends where Ebonstryfe soldiers, already past the rank of Apprentice. Light was always jealous of this. Even though he went through the same training as everyone, he had lost his apprenticeship and skills after unfortunate events, so he had to start over from square one while everyone kept moving forward, gaining ranks along their road of life. While he was training, they were protecting.

His friends had offered to train him when ever he was ready. He had made a date, they had set an area to meet, and now all that was needed was for Light to train.

That day had come fast, and Light was nothing but ecstatic for it. He had donned his white undershirt and black pants, that being his only training outfit for the moment. He had left all items at home excepts his water skin, and he had begun jogging towards the meeting center. He moved into the Vitrax , getting in with no problem due to his family connections (His father and grandfather were well respected, his mother well loved).

He prepared himself for an extensive training by stretching, then continued on his way towards the hall. Unfortunately, something had to ruin his training moment! A note was attached to the door to the training hall, labeled specifically for Light. He removed the small tack that was holding the letter then read:

Yo Lighty dice! Listen man, I was so pumped to train with you, but someone, or should I say some animal, has slithered itself into the training hall. It's a vile creature, too vile for the likes of me to handle. I can't even believe they allowed it in the ebonstryfe! Anyways, maybe we could train next time when that thing is not in there.

Light wrinkled his brow, growing agitated by his friends show of disgust and weakness. If they did not want the creature to remain, then why not just kill it instead of making this big fuss?! He didn't like it, what his friends had just done. They abandoned him due to a lowly animal? A critter by the looks of it. A critter who could be easily killed or released into the wild without harm! This made Light seethe for a moment before he barged into the training hall. If the soldiers did not want to deal with the pest, then he will. He will move his almond green eyes all around the hall, search for the pest, then capture it and set it free. Simple, clear, and easy.

When Light moved inside he soon discovered that there was no low life animal inside the hall, no pest that could be easily snared by the tail and dragged outside and into the wild. All he discovered was a dark humanoid figure.
Last edited by Bartholomew on June 5th, 2015, 4:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
Bartholomew
Player

Words: 98215
Joined roleplay: February 1st, 2015, 3:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Float Like a Moth

Postby Irriari on February 14th, 2015, 2:30 am

Irriari focused on the straw training dummy in front of her. It bore a tabard covered with an oak tree. A few days prior, she had asked a passing human why they were bothering to clothe the targets with such a stupid symbol. He had chuckled, obviously amused by her pluck, before telling her it was the symbol of the Syliran Knights. While she hardly cared about the symbol, the tabard did move when she struck the dummy. It was far more interactive than simply kicking straw.

Her drills in kicking could be labelled as haphazard by a kind observer. Zith rarely kicked their opponents. The females of her species were too short to effectively close the distance with a kick and her highest kicks only managed to hit the target dummy’s waist. Still, her close-quarters combat skills needed more variety than simply rushing an opponent. She kicked the dummy again, making sure that the top of her foot took most of the impact. It may not have been the right technique, but it hurt a lot less than other methods she had tried. The hard packed straw absorbed the attack and she followed it up by swiping at the dummy’s torso with her clawed hand. Irriari closed the small gap between herself and the dummy and forced her knee upward sharply, aiming for the inside of the dummy’s legs. A loud crash shook her focused state of attention and caused her to hit the ‘thigh’ of the dummy instead of her original target. Snarling loudly and cursing in zithanese, she stomped her clawed foot down and pivoted to the source of the noise. The doors of the training hall had been opened so forcefully that many of the other apprentices and soldiers turned to see who had barged through the door. Enraged at the interruption, Irriari made her way to the human covering the gap between them in large steps, aiming to prevent him from making it any further into the hall. Her dark wings opened as she closed the distance. Petching human scum.

The zith grabbed for the human’s shirt, intent on pushing him back from the direction he had come from.

“I sure hope you have a good reason for interrupting my training, human. If you want to act like a child, I’ll use your sorry hide as my practice dummy since you wanted to get our attention so badly. You have it, now.Congratulations.”

The last word was spit towards him with no hint of kindness to be found. The arrogance that this male displayed was the exact thing she had been born to destroy.

In her anger, the zith cared not if he was a member of the Ebonstryfe. His attire didn’t mark him as a soldier, so she stepped forward, daring him to retaliate so she would have an excuse to rend him asunder.

Active thread count: 8/8
Irriari
Blood and Poison

Words: 374003
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2011, 10:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) Advocate (1)
Donor (1)

Float Like a Moth

Postby Bartholomew on March 3rd, 2015, 2:28 pm

As Light moved into the room, a woman moved after him. Her eyes where furious, her cheeks where so red with anger that she nearly matched the color of her hair. Her body was covered in grey and she had wings that extended nearly to the ceiling. Even though she was much smaller than he and even though she was feminine in nature, Light wouldn't deny that this female had a scary quality to her.

As she neared closer to him, his heart began to pound. The closer she got the harder it would beat. Sweat began to pour over him to wash away the heat which this female gave him. Then she grabbed at his shirt and made him step back to the entrance of the training hall.

Anger now swarmed in him; anger, confusion, and fear. His forehead became clouded with chemicals that made him well aware but gave him horrible head pains.

“I sure hope you have a good reason for interrupting my training," she said to him. "If you want to act like a child, I’ll use your sorry hide as my practice dummy since you wanted to get our attention so badly. You have it, now. Congratulations.”

Light continued to back away, looking to her then staring towards the other people in the room. He did not know what to do. Do I fight back he thought, or should I apologize?

He was confused, his head hurt, and he was in a bad situation. He needed to calm himself and think before any rash decisions could be made. The very last thing he wanted to do was cause trouble.

"Um..." The boy stalled as he thought of the best actions to take. After a tick of thinking, he stood straight then begun a series of deep breathing. In, out, in, and out. He continued to do this until his heart finally slowed to its original rhythm. His eyes where closed as well while he pretended that this situation wasn't really happening to him. When he was calm, he looked at the humanoid, if she had the patience to wait until he said something, then smiled genuinely.

Apology it is.

"Um.. I-i'm sorry I interrupted y-you." He stuttered uncontrollably, which was a clear sign of the anxiety this female caused him. He continued unashamed of what he was saying, but satisfied that he was taking the high road. If he stooped to her level and tried to insult her the way she pushed him, he would have an enemy within the ebonstryfe. He did not want enemy's with the people who protected him, so he would try his best to make friends with everyone.

"I-if you want... I can train with you to make up for it...?"
Bartholomew
Player

Words: 98215
Joined roleplay: February 1st, 2015, 3:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes