Flashback When Dreams meet Reality (Traverse)

Ssacarirhyuss applys for a job at the Heart

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The unassuming den of the Constrictor Dhani, it is truly a pit of snakes. Travelers should take care, because the Dhani are always hungry... [Lore]

When Dreams meet Reality (Traverse)

Postby Rhyus on February 20th, 2015, 5:08 am

Time stamp: 15th Summer, 485AV

“If you don't hurry up Rhyuss your going to be late!”

Ignoring his mother's pestering, Ssacarirhyuss put back his hair in a pony tail, tied his bandana to the top of his head, and quickly threw the dull green cloak over his shoulders. Rhyus heard from his sister Nafarye who had her interview two weeks ago that he should be ready for anything when he meets the Sissicilly sisters, so he got dressed in his attire for the jungle. Mostly a loincloth and his cloak. However, Rhyus wanted to impress them too, so he put on his black pants over his loincloth and put on his white linen shirt. It was hot with all this clothing, but he would have to suffer till the interview is over. When he tied the knot to cloak, he grabbed his short bow, quiver, arrows and walked out into the living area of his mother's cave. Looking to his mother for approval, Rhyus gave the black haired Dhani a weary smile and asked softly, “Sso...how do I look?”

Nemataveruss stood up from her chair, walked over to her son, and tighten the knot on his cloak and said without looking at him, “Little One...aren't you overdoing it a little with the short bow? You are just applying for a job. It issn't like they are going to take you out into the jungle and hunt down Tskanna on your first day.” Rhyus heard his sister snicker to herself from her chair, but he decided to ignore her.

Rhyus was about to say something, but he heard his sister Nafarye say, “Mother. Rhyuss sshooting is sso bad. I doubt the bow will even matter since he couldn't hit a Tsskanna from thirty feet away if it wass sstanding sstill!” Sacarirhyus scowled at his sister and mouthed, I hate you, but he decided not to say something in his defense because she was right. His shooting was abysmal, and if they judged his hunting ability on his ability to shot a bow. He would be laughed right out of the Heart.

Sticking up for her only son, his mother glared at her daughter and said sharply, “You be nicce, Nafarye! You might be gifted with your bow, but I recall a time when you cried every time you had hunt ratss. For a year, I had to forcce feed them to you because you refussed to kill them.”

Seeing his pale sister face turn bright red, Ssacarirhyus gave his sister a smirk and said with a laugh, “I recall you giving up on meat, and you sswore that you were just going to eat fruit ssweet ssisster...”

Nafarye got up from her chair, looked at the two of them, and said as she walked out of the room, “I had enough abusse for today. Unlike my Brother. I have to get ready for my job.”

Rhyus watched his sister walk out of the room. Ssacarirhyus was thankful for this opportunity because he just learned his human form about sixty days ago, and he was eager to start his new life away from his family. However, he needed money to rent a cave of his own, and the only thing that he was good at was hunting and fighting, so the The Heart was the best place for him. Besides females like hunters, and it was best career for him to score a mate!

When his mother was finishing fussing over her son, she looked at her son and said with a nod, “You will do fine, Little One, but I have one word of advicce. When you talk to Sissicillysamria and Sissicillysollisscint, I want you to be resspecctful. Thesse consstricctorss are my employerss' too, and whatever you do reflecctss on me too. I don't have to remind you how hard it is viper in Zinrah. It took me a long time to gain their resspecct. Besides Samria will break you in two if you even look at her the wrong way...”

Rhyus cringed at the thought of being crushed to death by constrictor. The thought of Samria terrified him even more than the actual interview. He started to realize if he kept talking to his mother. He would be late for his appointment. Kissing his mother on the cheek, Rhyus walked out of his cave and turned left towards the Heart. Ssacarirhyuss had no trouble finding the Heart because he would often follow his mother to work before he went off to school. Being his mother's only son, she would oven dote him because she told him that he had a uncanny resemblance to his late father. Rhyus was never really mind the attention from his mother because he was always a mommas' boy, and it drove his sister's nuts other than Nafarye.

When Ssacarirhyuss made it to the tunnel leading to the Heart his heart skipped a beat. He couldn't believe his dreams had a chance to come through. In his youth, Rhyus would often dream about him and his war party bringing back a head of myrian general and present it to Queen Snhamtanabis, or his being the center of praise as his hunting party comes back to the city with a Tskannas in tow. They were good childhood dreams, but if he wasted anymore time. He would be late. Rhyus started to run down the winding tunnel towards his destination when he made it to the entrance to the cavern. Rhyus regretted his decision to run because he was now out of breath. Wiping the sweat from his forehead, he wiped it on his black pants, and he heard a loud laugh from a large fat constrictor male with red hair and a scar down the side of his cheek , “Everyone look! It looks like the myrians will be eating well tonight!”

Ssacarirhyuss scowled over at the fat constrictor male, and suddenly, he saw tall blond haired constrictor woman walk over to the fat red headed man, hit the large man hard in shoulder and said with a wink to Rhyus, “Get it right... He is viper, so he would be a appetizer before they eat you're big fat arse!”

Rhyus was just dumbstruck as everyone around them started to laugh at his or the fat man's expense. When everyone around him started to laugh, the viper could feel him get angrier and angrier with every joke. He knew the blond hair constrictor woman was trying to stick up for him in her own way, but it just made the situation worse. The fat constrictor ignored the viper as he talked to blond haired hunter. Rhyus knew that he needed to figure out who Sissicillysamria and Sissicillysollisscint, so he took a deep breath and stared at the fat constrictor in the eyes and asked loudly trying to keep his voice from wavering the whole time, but he could feel the venom in his words “I doubt you have the intelligence to be in charge, so can you be useful and direct me to Sissicillysamria and Sissicillysollisscint?”
Rhyus
Player

Words: 34221
Joined roleplay: April 1st, 2014, 7:36 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet

When Dreams meet Reality (Traverse)

Postby Traverse on April 7th, 2015, 4:40 am

"Ooh there's an attitude on this one." The overweight Constrictor laughed, then cracked his neck and began to shift into his Dhani form, his voice deepening as he spoke mid transformation, the blonde Constrictor shaking her head. "You Viperss think you are ssso much ssmarter, better than usss, when we are Ssiku'ss chossen, her favorite. You would do well to remember your placce." He made every word and syllable draw on for as long as possible, so once he was done so too was his 30 tick transformation into a muscular, sleek long Constrictor Dhani. His scales were a dull yellow, dashed with dark reds and browns, his eyes almond colored.

"Maybe we serve you up to the ladiess in charge? I doubt they'd mind." He slithered forward menacingly, and the blonde Constrictor sighed. "Knock it off." The large on hesitated, but kept moving, clearly wanting to put some sort of fear and or respect into Rhyus.

Just before one of those claws was going to try to grab into Rhyus, a large tail whipped out and struck the male across the face, a powerful enough hit to send him reeling, toppling upon his own tail as he fell.

Amira drew back her tail gracefully, and the large Constrictor, when realizing it was one of the two sister's bowed his head in deference. No words were exchanged, she only pointed one clawed hand towards the exit of the amphitheater, and the male left, the female following short suit.

Sisss iss out on a hunt. I haven't ssseen your sscrawny form bringing in food before, which meanss you've come for a job. Tell me what you can do that will feed thisss hungry city." The massive Dhani relaxed upon her coils, waiting for Rhyus to give her a response.
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)