Closed [Jobthread] A Dip In The Waters

[Clyde Sullins] Clyde and Nola look into acquiring the slave a job...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

[Jobthread] A Dip In The Waters

Postby Nola on February 26th, 2015, 1:41 am

3rd of Winter, 515 AV

Nola was all but shaking with a mix of excitement and nerves as she stepped from the Ravasola hurriedly. She was still unaccustomed to the things, and the rocking of the boat as well as the close proximity to the water unnerved her like nothing else. It was worse, even, when she traveled alone, such as today, as she was supposed to be meeting with Clyde.

She moved forward along the street, in an attempt to get out of the way, searching the buildings lining the street for the correct shop. She hefted up her massage kit, heavy in her hands which were slick with the sweat of nervousness. Finally finding the Black Waters Spa, a tall pale blue building with a peak of foliage visible at the very top, Nola pushed through the front door. A touch of shyness washed over her as the woman at the desk looked up from a stack of papers to greet her.

"Can I help you, Miss?" She inquired politely, giving Nola a quick once over. Normally comfortable in her own skin, Nola was surprised to find herself blush. I have no idea what to do! She realized, I've never been able to get a proper job anywhere before!

"I'm supposed to meet my owner here..." She replied, voice shy but loud enough to be heard with ease. The woman, Nola supposed she must be the Mistress of the establishment, nodded in understanding, gesturing for Nola to take a seat. Doing so, Nola perched on the edge of a lounge, tucking her new skirt around her legs nervously as she waited.
Nola
If You Please...

Words: 16488
Joined roleplay: August 28th, 2014, 11:48 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Clyde Sullins on February 28th, 2015, 5:16 pm

3 Winter 514

Clyde let out a huff of air as he climbed out of the Ravasola, and paid its Ravasolaman.

It had been rather short notice, but he'd managed to find a reasonable place for his new acquisition to work. Nola seemed loyal enough so far, though she'd yet to really be tested in said loyalty. Finding her a job though was a first step in learning of how reliable she was.

The particular place he was at now seemed nice enough, and quite a large building compared to those about it. A positive first sign.

Clyde himself was dressed nicely in his finery of velvet. Over it he wore his Ebonstryfe robes, which along with showing clearly his place as a member of the Stryfe and the intimidation factors inherent in that, was also a pair of robes.

He also of course held Cha in his right hand, a partner that hardly ever left his side.

Based on the niceness of the establishment Clyde was glad he had gotten Nola a few proper outfits to wear. A investment that looked to be paying off sooner than he'd expected.

Heading inside, Clyde saw that Nola had already arrived. Instead of speaking to her however he directed his attention to the woman at the clerks desk.

“Hello, I am Clyde, Clyde Sullins.”

Gesturing at Nola, he continued.

“I am here to find employment for Nola here. She is skilled in the art of massage, and hoped to find her work to do during the day, while I am off doing my own duties.”

If his robes with the clear symbol on it hadn't made his position in the Stryfe clear, Clyde calling direct attention to his "duties" surely would. He did not often use his position as a Stryfe as such, but at times it was of use.

Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Nola on March 3rd, 2015, 11:33 am

Nola bounced to her feet as Clyde entered, retrieving her toolkit before moving to stand behind him at his gesture. She watched the woman as her owner spoke, and it was clear from her slightly disgruntled expression that Clyde was hardly giving her a choice in the matter, using his position so. The woman stood from the desk, dipping her head in a greeting.

"Well, it's always a pleasure to lend our services to the Ebonstryfe, and Black Waters is always seeking masseurs in any case" She replied, dipping her head in greeting. "I am Seron, the Mistress of Black Waters. It's lovely to meet you, Mister Sullins, and you as well Nola." Seron continued with a gentle smile, one that Nola returned from where she was peeking around Clyde.

"How old are you then dear?" Seron asked, directing her questions to Nola rather than Clyde as the young slave had expected. "How many years of experience do you have?" Nola hesitated, unsure of how to address her nature and age. "Three years, Mistress." Nola replied simply instead, glancing to Clyde uncertainly.
Nola
If You Please...

Words: 16488
Joined roleplay: August 28th, 2014, 11:48 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Clyde Sullins on March 10th, 2015, 11:15 pm

Perhaps the woman was being honest, and was simply happy to have another skilled hand. Or perhaps she had been cowed by Clyde's status. Or perhaps she was simply lying through her teeth, and putting on a nice face in front of Clyde. It was hard to say which if any of those were the truth.

Knowing Ravok, it likely wouldn't be so simple for just one to be true. But they seemed the most obvious ways the woman could be thinking.

However as she spoke to Nola and Clyde, she seemed nice enough.

The woman, Seron, was in fact the owner of the facility. Clyde was a bit surprised to find this out, but did his best to not let it show. Not that it truly mattered to Clyde. He was sure enough of his status and power within Ravok. He doubted even higher ranked member of the Stryfe would outright go against him or annoy him if they could avoid it, with the powers he held. He'd seen a commander do just that back when he was a newly minted soldier.

Of course broad knowledge of his endeavors in magic, and his ability with it, didn't hurt. Especially after the tales that spread after the one quest to Syliras, where he'd taken on most of a horde of yukman alone and survived. That probably didn't hurt either.

"Three years, Mistress."

Clyde pulled himself back to the conversation, having gotten slightly distracted within his own memories, but quickly taking notice and catching up as Nola looked to him for an answer.

It took Clyde a moment to process what had just been said, and to figure out what the issue was, before he responded, a long moment of silence.

Turning to the owner of the establishment, Clyde locked his gaze with the woman once more.

“Nola is a kevic, that won't be a problem will it?”

Seron met his gaze in turning without flinching, the same smile on her face that she'd had when speaking to Nola, but not quite of the same spirit.

"Of course not, since she's your property, and not an unowned one. So long as she does her work, and doesn't cause any trouble it should be fine."

Seron paused for a moment, and then continued on, looking this time to Nola.

"However I'll need to verify her skills before I let her work with clients."

Looking back at Clyde, her smile turned acidic, as if she'd just tasted something sweet.

"Since you say she is skilled, I'm sure you wouldn't mind if she displayed her skills on you? A demonstration, and if she is as good as you say then there shouldn't be any problem."

Clyde nodded, a forced smile on his own face.

Smiling once more at Nola, Seron turned and waved for the two to follow.

"This way, follow along. You can do your work through here, in one of our rooms for the more basic massages."

Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)