Open Full House

Andar attempts a burglary job that goes horribly wrong

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Full House

Postby Andar on February 28th, 2015, 11:15 am

15th of Winter, 514 AV

"Petch," Andar said with a groan. The dice he had tossed added up to a lowly seven points, not even close to his opponent's gaudy eleven. A portly man across from him offered one of those weaselly smiles of his that made his ridiculously incongruent mustaches look even more silly.

"Oh look, I win again. My dear Korbin, I do fear this has gotten a great deal out of hand. I would simply find it a most regrettable thing to part you from anymore of your hard earned coin. Let us part ways instead. I have business on the morrow that does require my utmost attention. Thank you so much for your...company," Fazuma finished with a most obnoxious titter of glee.

"It's probably for the best," Andar agreed with a sigh not wholly an act, "Ovek does not fancy me tonight. Shadows protect you, friend." Fazuma shook his hand and in that rolling gait of his, headed to the double doors where he was halted by an old acquaintance, Andar guessed.

He wiped Fazuma's sweat from his hand onto his breeches, cursing the man a perspiring buffoon. Truth be told, he wasn't all that worried about the pittance he had lost at gambling that evening. The important thing was, his mark had cheated both he and others at dice somehow. He'd of bet his future bondmate's life on it! If not, the man had uncanny good fortune. Either way, he planned to get his money back with a bit of interest on top. He was going to run a burglary job, tonight.

Unobtrusively, he stood up from his table and sauntered about Tall Johnny's, appearing to be absorbed in the various games of chance afoot. The place had a miasmic quality that left you gasping for fresh air and much of the time, broke. Still, it was as good a place as could be found in Sunberth if you had habits such as Andar's. The roll of dice, shuffling of cards, a dealer's inquiry; "how much do you wager sir?", the giggling of scantily clad women, the angry snarl of a man down on his luck, and of course the distant cheers wafting over from the caged area. It was truly one of a kind , but Andar had no time to admire it. His target had disentangled himself from his friends and had just disappeared out the doorway.

Time to sneak.
Andar
How'd that get there?

Words: 79630
Joined roleplay: February 10th, 2015, 5:12 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets