Completed [The Great Harbor] White Waters

Eluri wakes up in cold, and strange, waters

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[The Great Harbor] White Waters

Postby Claudia Blackwood on March 15th, 2015, 2:00 am

Claudia gaze travelled between Orin and the mysterious stranger beside him. He seemed to start off with a deflecting question, asking about Holland. She answered him anyway. "He's doing fine, same as always." He then began to hastily explain the situation at hand. He began fumbling for an answer,

"Yes! Yes yes, she’s definitely, a, a, a, friend, that’s right, this is my friend. We ah, well we saw the lights because we were both uh, out for a little evening stroll, you know, as friends do, and we saw the bright light, because well our stroll took us down to the docks because ah the sea air is good for you."

She narrowed her eyes as she listened to his crudely-constructed reasoning, unsure if he was for real, or he was just attempting to bluff his way through. If he was, he clearly needed a better lie, for that was in no way going to work. He seemed to try even harder. It was amusing though to watch him fumble so awkwardly.

"And the light got so bright that we were blinded and my friend slipped into the water and I fished her out and that’s why she’s wet. And naked. Since I didn't want her in her wet clothes you see since that’s…bad"

Her eyes kept their scrutinising gaze on him, as he finished. His will to lie didn't last too long, and was soon broken, as he gave up lying. Just as well, his excuse was horrible anyway, and there was no way anyone with a decent amount of intelligence would believe that. Orin then blurted out the truthful reasoning beside his strange encounter.

"Look, Claudia I’m sorry, I made most of that up. I mean, actually a lot of it is true, but that’s beside the point. I was walking about since I can’t sleep in my tiny and stuffy apartment and I was down by the docks. I saw a bright light falling from the sky and the next thing I knew she was in the water. I rescued her but she either needs a warm fire or immediate medical attention. Please please don’t arrest us, neither of us did anything wrong. Well, except lie to you just now but it was more shading the truth and honestly this situation is so crazy that I don’t know how to react.”

Claudia replied tactfully.

"Orin, it's not up to me to make arrests, and anyway that will be a matter for later. For starters, how is the lady? You mentioned that she needs medical attention. Is she alright? If that is the case, we can always go to the healers, or a place with a warm fire before we sort this out. Yep, let's do that. Let's help her first. Saving lives is always most important." She gave him a reassuring smile, before laying a hand on his shoulder. Come on, let's go going, before she is gone."

As Orin made to move on, the woman's hood slipped from her head, revealing long whitish-blue hair accompanied with a set of translucent horns. Claudia gave a gasp of alarm at the sight of the horns.

"Oh shyke..!"
Last edited by Claudia Blackwood on April 3rd, 2015, 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Claudia Blackwood
Wannabe Badarse Mercenary

Words: 121640
Joined roleplay: February 11th, 2015, 1:42 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Orin Fenix on March 15th, 2015, 2:58 am

Orin felt a distinct sense of relief when Claudia reassured Orin that not only would Claudia not be arresting him, she couldn’t even if she wanted to. It was a useful piece of information that Orin would file away for later. Perhaps only knights could make arrests, but still, squires would be obligated to make a report. But if Orin ever did commit a crime, not that he was going to, seeing as he was a law-abiding citizen, then it would have to reach a knight’s ear before there would be any repercussions. Actually, that knowledge would come more in handy if Orin ever saw a crime and needed to inform an authority figure. It would save time if Orin skipped telling a squire altogether and just went to a full member of the Order.

Still none of this was actually doing anything to help the lady from the sea. Orin flashed Claudia a grateful smile. ”Thank you thank you thank you Claudia. I don’t think she needs a healer’s services; she just needs to get warmed up. I was going to take her to The Rearing Stallion because I can stoke all the fires and there are a lot, two hearths, an oven, a stove, and it heats up incredibly quickly. Does that sound alright to you?” Orin bit his lip. He was hoping that this woman just needed the same treatment Orin would give to an animal that got caught in a blizzard. The cold water and the snow probably had similar effects. ”I don’t have the cash to pay for a healer on me and she’s not a knight or a squire so she doesn’t get it for free. Unless you’ve got a better suggestion, I think our best bet is the tavern.” To that end, Orin started trying to maneuver the woman in the right direction. The sooner they could get her warmed up, the better.

Unfortunately, without warning, the woman went completely limp in Orin’s arms. As all of her weight came crashing down, Orin could barely keep her upright. And while he was struggling to rearrange her into a more manageable burden, Orin’s cloak slipped and her body as well as her face were uncovered. Claudia gasped and cursed. Orin glanced at her, suddenly terrified. It was bad, very bad that she had just slipped into unconsciousness, even Orin knew that much. So, arms under her shoulders Orin began dragging her, letting her heels scrap against the floor. He didn’t know any other carries, nor did he think he was strong enough to support her full body for any significant amount of time. ”I don’t know who or even what she is, Claudia, but right now she’s obviously harmless. Sound the alarm if you have to but I’m getting her to a safe place. It would help if you could grab her legs, I can’t do this alone. She hasn’t hurt anyone and she’s in need. Isn’t that what the Knights are all about? Protecting those who can’t protect themselves?” Orin began pleading with Claudia. He knew the woman’s form, though beautiful, was hardly normal and well outside the range of what Sylirans considered acceptable. But everything Orin had just spoken was nothing but the gods’ honest truth. He hoped something in his words would reach Claudia despite her obvious shock and distrust at something she didn’t recognize. So, even while Orin harbored hope that Claudia would come around, he mentally and physically prepared himself to go it alone.
Orin Fenix
Almost Iron But Actually Master Chef

Words: 1186489
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2015, 12:06 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Sylvette Sciath on March 17th, 2015, 12:00 am

Not sure what to do Sylvette watched her master and the other woman panic over the now unconscious woman, Looking at her master Sylvette meowed as if to ask if there was anything she could do. though she already knew that the answer was likely a no. Sylvette decided her best course of action was to head to the tavern and alert Remi that something was going on. Thus taking off in the direction of the taver Sylvette raced through the streets hear racing and legs pumping, intent on getting to the tavern as quickly as her paws would carry her. Within a minute or so Sylvette had already reached the stallion her small chest heaving from the exertion. Taking a moment Sylvette began to paw at the door, meowing unhappily until Remi came to the door and opened it. looking down and recognizing Orin's cat her face softened a little "Hello their ginger, what'r you doin here at this hour? and wheres your master?" meowing again rather forlornly and looking up the street Sylvette looked up the street. "Is he followin after ya? Well?" Standing their with remi Sylvette waited there at the door keeping the woman distracted, Hopefully she could give Orin time to get the girl here and acquire Remi's aid while she was at it.
Sylvette Sciath
Ginger

Words: 37951
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2014, 4:24 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Claudia Blackwood on March 17th, 2015, 3:19 pm

Orin began thanking her and mentioning that she would not need a healer services. All she needed was a warm bed in the inn. He then asked if that was all right with her.

"Thank you thank you thank you Claudia. I don’t think she needs a healer’s services; she just needs to get warmed up. I was going to take her to The Rearing Stallion because I can stoke all the fires and there are a lot, two hearths, an oven, a stove, and it heats up incredibly quickly. Does that sound alright to you?"

Arrest or even reporting this wasn't even on her mind at this point. Claudia was concerned about the strange woman, as she looked positively unwell. She was more concerned about the lady's well-being than any other things at the moment. Orin then went on about what the best option would be. He was noting that the tavern would be their best bet in trying to help the mysterious lady recover from her ailment. She agreed with him on the choice of the inn, judging from the fact that neither of them had much money at all anyway.

"I don’t have the cash to pay for a healer on me and she’s not a knight or a squire so she doesn't get it for free. Unless you've got a better suggestion, I think our best bet is the tavern."

After recovering from her initial shock regarding the revelation of the horned lady, she stared curiously at the now mysterious horned stranger. Orin wasted no time in defending himself from this awkward situation that was beginning to unfold itself.

"I don’t know who or even what she is, Claudia, but right now she’s obviously harmless. Sound the alarm if you have to but I’m getting her to a safe place. It would help if you could grab her legs, I can’t do this alone. She hasn’t hurt anyone and she’s in need. Isn’t that what the Knights are all about? Protecting those who can’t protect themselves?"

"Not too worry Orin, We'll settle her well and nice, before we talk about any reporting or alarm. You're right. Being a knight involves helping people who are in no position to help themselves. And I am fully intending on doing that tonight."

Moving over to grab the lower half of the stranger's body, she said,

"Well, are we moving, or aren't we?"
Last edited by Claudia Blackwood on April 3rd, 2015, 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Claudia Blackwood

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Orin Fenix on March 17th, 2015, 7:00 pm

Seeing Claudia was on board with the plan, Orin gave her a relieved smile. This would make Orin's job significantly easier. "We're moving in three, two, one," and on one Orin hoisted the woman's upper body trusting Claudia to do the same. Orin staggered backwards a few paces before he adjusted to the weight. Orin did some quick mental calculations. He didn't know if he could make it to The Rearing Stallion. It was straight east between the Dyres and Bittern districts before turning sharply South to get to Traveler's Row and the tavern. At least Orin was pretty sure they wouldn't have to manage any stairs. Focusing wholeheartedly on his task, Orin just stepped steadily backwards doing everything in his power to ignore the slowly rising ache in his arms. He could rest them later. They didn't have a second to spare.

As Orin kept his head turned so he could see where he was stepping, he noticed the corridors seemed emptier than usual. They hadn't run into any Knights which was a mixed blessing. While eventually they would have been able to get help, the time it would've taken to explain the whole situation and make the Knight believe it probably might have proved fatal for the woman. Orin's arms were burning, but he refused to let his burden go. He had made a promise, and he'd do his best to keep that promise until he dropped himself.

Finally, the tell tale flickering of the tavern was clear in the distance. Orin took them around to the kitchen entrance, not wanting to navigate the common room in the dark. His memory for the layout of the kitchen was much better. Orin staggered the last few steps to the door. Setting the woman down momentarily, Orin pulled out his key. Unlocking the door, Orin gave one last push of his body to lift the woman back up, then placed her by the fire. He removed his cloak from her since she had soaked it through and left it in a pile beside her. Orin blushed at her nakedness but better that then her catching pneumonia from his damp clothing. "Claudia there are blankets and a spare barmaid uniform in the pantry, don't ask why. Can you get them?" Orin pointed a shaky finger in the direction of the pantry. Realizing they needed more light than provided by the torchlight and they should light all the fires anyway, Orin pulled himself to his feet by sheer force of will. He'd slumped to the ground after releasing his patient. Stepping towards the fireplace, Orin poked at the coals until they flared back to life. That done, he started adding kindling and eventually logs until there was a merry fire going. Moving down to the other hearth, Orin repeated the process there. He then began lighting logs and tossed them into the stove until it was full. That done Orin tried to fill the oven up but his limbs finally gave out on him. He caught himself on a nearby counter and lowered himself to the ground in what was basically a controlled fall.

Looking over at the figure of the woman, Orin felt a spike of fear when he saw she was still unmoving. "I should, I should get her something hot to drink. Or or just heat up some water and place it near her or something." Orin was about a few ticks from outright panic. He'd assumed that she was just cold and wet, but if there was something more serious, an actual internal wound or injury that Orin couldn't see, then he'd probably just killed her. "Claudia. I, I don't know. I mean I thought it was just the freezing water but what if it's something else? Should we have taken her to a doctor? I don't know anything about medicine. What do we do if she doesn't wake up? Oh gods, please let her wake up." Orin was tempted to crawl over to her but the distance between them seemed vast with his completely spent limbs.
Orin Fenix

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Claudia Blackwood on March 24th, 2015, 3:39 am

The pair started to move off in a count of three-to-one. Orin hoisted woman's upper body as Claudia did the same. She saw Orin stagger backwards before adjusting to the weight of the woman. A few ticks later, he started to move forward, and she followed, the pair of them heading to the Rearing Stallion. The woman weighed heavier than she thought, but was still manageable, so she tried to apply more of her strength, hoping to ease some of his burden. She could sense the hurry in him, as he quickened his steps, hoping to get to the tavern as soon as they can. His head turned left and right as they navigated through the many winding corridors. They seemed emptier than usual, which was a blessing in itself.

After about twenty or so chimes later, the flickering orangey glow of the tavern presented itself, as they approached the Rearing Stallion. Walking around the back of the building, they entered through the kitchen's back entrance, not wanting to cause any spectacle in the common room. As they entered the kitchen, she saw Orin stagger a few steps, before setting the woman on the ground. He then took out a key, unlocking the door. The two of them entered, setting down the unconscious horned woman near the hearth fire. Claudia then saw Orin removing his cloak with a tug, exposing her nakedness to the heat of the fire. The woman's body wasn't the only thing heating up, as she saw Orin blushing as he ordered her to get the blankets, and a spare barmaid uniform from the pantry. Looking towards the direction of his pointing finger for the location of the pantry, she headed towards it.

Coming back with the blankets, and the spare uniform, she saw that Orin was on the verge of a full-blown panic attack. Setting down the blankets and the uniform, she placed an hand on his shoulder. "She'll be fine, I'm sure the heat will sort her right up. She isn't going to be drinking anything while she is unconscious." He then replied

"Claudia. I, I don't know. I mean I thought it was just the freezing water but what if it's something else? Should we have taken her to a doctor? I don't know anything about medicine. What do we do if she doesn't wake up? Oh gods, please let her wake up."

She answered back in a calmer tone, not wanting to add to the panic "I don't know anything about medicine either. I don't even think the healers are open at this time of the night. Besides we have no money too. She doesn't look human; she probably has a stronger resistance than us. Let us see how the heat helps her first, shall we?"
Last edited by Claudia Blackwood on April 3rd, 2015, 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Claudia Blackwood

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Eluri on March 28th, 2015, 8:00 am

It wasn't unusual for someone who had been sleeping, let alone fainted, to awaken completely disoriented, but the woman had a particularly bad feeling upon awakening. She felt horrid, absolutely knackered even, but worst of all was that there was that feeling of weakness and a lack of energy, or lethargy, that prohibited her ability to process her surroundings and get that mangled sense of space of hers back together. Without it she couldn't even tell whether or not she was floating or lying down, her nerves still recovering from the aftermath of a nastily cold bath. Her first one, in all honesty.

The ethaefal couldn't think properly, either. Her mind was too full, too raw, from the sensory feedback her body was tossing at her brain to make any sense of it. Every cell in her body felt like it was screaming, every sound was like a white noise that wracked her body, that feeling that she could somehow identify as her body, with a fresh paint of lethargy. She was awake, yet she was not. Responsive yet passive to the world as the warmth of the room thawed her blood and bones, bringing them back to working order. However, despite the warmth that permeated through the room that Orin had placed her in, the silver-blue haired girl's mind was still reeling from it all. Her new found memories, her new found life, her faith in Leth, and that foreboding feeling all made themselves known and, in what seemed like a momentous flash, collided with one another. It was only for a moment, a moment of rushing and fading and explosions and confusion, but what it left behind was a silence within her mind.

The next time she woke up, she was feeling...slightly better. Her body still felt heavy from such a close encounter with Dira, but it was once again feeling everything that it should be feeling. Her sense were all working, in an orderly fashion as it should have been before, but she still needed time to organise her thoughts. Especially those on her senses.

The first thing she noticed was the smell. Washing over her on the waves of heat that cloaked the woman was an aroma that would have made her salivate if she had been human. It was spicy, fresh, savory and sweet all at once. An eclectic mix of stimuli that would have, in most cases, been an absolute disaster, and yet it all came together perfectly. It was the smell of food, good food, and it was splendid in all of its simplicity. She didn't know much about food, she didn't have time to think about such things between drowning and freezing to death, but she knew that she wasn't the only one who'd think that way about the fragrance in the heated air. It was what kitchens smelt like, what a dining hall would be like during a feast, and the horned lady found a gentle comfort in it.

Light was next, piercing through her eyelids like a swathe of sunlight through treetops. It was a gentle light, the colour of flames, and warm in countenance. it tickled her eyes, beckoning her to open them to the world, but she couldn't. The pale lashes of the ethaefal were glued together, weighted down, by the salt that caked them. The salt didn't glue her eyelids together, however, but it did make things much harder. The very attempt of opening them left her eyes stinging, the lashes inseparable without the help of water. Conveniently enough, her tears resulting from the sting was enough to dissolve the salt.
Blinking her eyes of the tears, the salt, and the wet lashes, the ethaefal looked about her. Now that her eyes were open she could see just what the light was coming from. Near where she laid was a fire, the obvious source of the warmth and light that had lit the room, quite easily identifiable as a kitchen by the herbs, the pots and pans, and the ingredients on the kitchen work benches. It also explained as to why there was an aroma about the place.

Despite all that, the Lethaefal couldn't identify where she was. That was a given, though, since she didn't even know the world as she had probably known it years back. She had no recollection as to what the world looked like, she remembered names and the common things...but she couldn't remember tit for tat. She simply couldn't, not with her lack of memories. But, other than that, she found the kitchen quite nice. It wasn't overly large, cozy even, and the fire, which she discovered was also going in two other places; a stove and a second hearth, was lending it a homely feel. Who ever lit all of those fires must have been very cold, since one fire would have been enough for her. The air was beginning to feel balmy in the kitchen, but it wasn't as if she was complaining.

And, finally, the horned woman finally noticed the hard floor that had cradled her body. She had been laying there, near the fire closest to her, for who knew how long but she didn't feel any aches. Her body was oddly free of stiffness and she felt strangely...comfortable. For only a few seconds, though. The floor went from cozy to awfully hard in mere seconds, and it made her sit up. of course, that had been a terrible choice as it sent even more pain up and down her back as her spine popped from the quite-real stiffness that hadn't set in before. It was a tickling, stabbing pain. A burning sensation that made you more alive, unlike the one that the cold nurtured in your bones. But it was the only way for her to get a better grasp of things, of the situation and her surroundings. Not much can be seen from the view of the floor...well, except for the two people she had only noticed now. She hadn't even gone that far off the ground, anyway, to actually say that she had sat up.

The pale woman couldn't identify them, despite her vision being clearer than it had ever been before. They were talking, that she could tell by their mouths, but she couldn't figure out what they were saying. Her world was silent for that moment, a remnant of the sensory shock, but it made everything a whole lot harder. She couldn't tell if he was Orin, the man who had promised to save her, as she had only heard his voice but his features, the sharp features that the flames threw shadows across, were almost the same.

There was only so much time she could spend lying on the floor, and she felt that it was finally over. And with that small prompt in her own mind the Lethaefal pushed herself up and off the ground, a proper one this time, unlike that small nudge from before.

If she had made any sound, they would have noticed over the popping and the crackling of the flames. But how would you be able to tell if there had been any noise if you were deaf, even for only a moment? Well...this lady didn't.
Eluri
The seasons change but life keeps moving on

Words: 46179
Joined roleplay: February 21st, 2015, 2:24 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Orin Fenix on March 28th, 2015, 7:00 pm

Orin had been slumped dejectedly. Even Claudia’s optimistic words only revived his spirits slight. Then, Orin realized that his dark thoughts weren’t helping any of them and he resolutely shoved them out. They had no place in his heart or his mind. He was someone who could not, would not, see others suffer while he still had strength left in his body. He didn’t mind injury or insult to himself. In fact he expected it, welcomed it even. After all, people grew stronger when they were put through trials and came through the other side. And just the other day Orin had brought someone who was having a mental crisis out of her funk. There was no reason that he couldn’t do the same with this soul here even if her ailment was a physical one. Ignoring the pain, the ache, and the small twinges of protest from all over his own muscles, Orin levered himself up with a groan. He wasn’t injured, just sore, and that he could push through until he knew this woman would make it. ”You’re right. I’m sorry I just got a bit overwhelmed for a second. And I hate feeling helpless. But if we have to wait we can wait. I think I can manage a kettle.”

Hobbling weakly to the water barrel, Orin snagged a kettle from overhead. He tried to shoulder through the burn in his shoulder that the simple motion gave him, but he couldn’t help letting a small whimper slip out. Still, it would all be worth it if Orin saved someone’s life. He stumbled to the water barrel and filled the kettle, then made his slow way over to the hearth that was unoccupied by the injured woman. He set it to heat, then sagged, leaning against the wall, not caring that he was roasting from the heat. He certainly wasn’t taking off his shirt in front of Claudia. That wouldn’t just be embarrassing, it would be intolerably impolite. Unless the woman needed it for warmth, of course. Orin refused to let his wobbly legs bend and carry him to the floor. He could push through this. And if he couldn’t well, he’d pay the price for forcing his body past its limits later. Realizing that Claudia was waiting in Orin’s kitchen Orin weakly turned his head to her. ”I’m sorry I should offer you something. Food, or drink, or a place to sit or something. I can probably find some leftovers in the pantry or whip something up really quickly. Just...give me a tick or two to recover and I’ll get right on that.” Orin wondered idly if this was anything at all what Priskil felt when she kept watch over her fallen husband. If so, Orin’s heart went out to the goddess. She had one of the hardest tasks in the world, in Orin’s mind, keeping Aquiras alive and safe from all threats. Orin just hoped one day he had that same inner fortitude that she displayed daily.

Just as he was promising himself that rest time was over and he’d get up and do, something, anything that would make a difference the fallen figure stirred. She sat up by the fire and Orin nearly cried with relief. ”You’re alive, thank Rak’keli! I was sure I’d lost you or killed you through my ineptitude. What do you need, food, drink, tea I don’t think the doctors are open but I know a little bit about herbalism and might be able to whip something up using what we’ve got here. I think at least some of these have medicinal purposes and not just cooking ones although I honestly couldn’t tell you and I doubt throwing everything in a pot and hoping would do you much good.” Orin was so happy that he was just talking without thinking. It happened after and even during times of crisis. Actually, it was Orin’s normal way of speaking. Usually, he was just in a slightly better state of mind and could catch himself before it got too bad.

Orin tried to stir from the hearth and go to the woman but his muscles all rose up in protest and Orin subsided. It looked like he was stuck leaning on the wall for the time being. ”What, I mean if you don’t mind me asking or anything, but what were you doing in the harbor in the first place? And did you see that flash? Also, this is going to be awfully rude of me so apologies in advance but what even are you, with the horns and the well everything? And where are your clothes?” The series of questions fell quickly and in a jumble out of Orin’s mouth. He hoped some of what he was asking made sense but honestly mostly he was talking for his own benefit at this point. It was similar to a hysterical reaction, letting his guard down completely and totally like a dam breaking in a storm. Or so Orin had heard. He’d never actually seen a dam before, just seen the effects on the fields when one of them broke and the crops got flooded.

As he spoke, Orin kept a careful eye on Claudia. He wasn’t quite sure how she would react to either the woman’s answers or Orin’s antics. Orin wouldn’t be surprised if she told Orin to shut his mouth so Claudia could question the stranger in a more coherent manner. And if she did, Orin would do it. He just couldn’t make himself do it all by himself. Orin tried to keep both the stranger and the squire in his field of view. Of course, as he raked his gaze over the kitchen Orin realized he had no idea where Ginger had gotten off to. He would’ve asked the two women but Ginger was independent and was probably returning to their apartment or lurking in the common room to avoid the heat of the kitchen. Or she was just hiding in the kitchen and Orin couldn’t see her. He wasn’t too worried. After all, he barely knew the cat and she’d only been with him for two days. Honestly, Orin was surprised she’d stuck with him for that long in the first place. Maybe it was the food. Orin didn’t really know how cats thought but he imagined if he were a cat he wouldn’t stay with someone whose life was as dull as Orin’s was if he could help it. Still, these fanciful daydreams, or, nightdreams since it was hardly daylight right now, weren’t helping anyone right now.
Orin Fenix

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Claudia Blackwood on March 30th, 2015, 6:49 am

Claudia could see that her words weren't seem to be having much effect on Orin. Dark thoughts of his own were probably battling with words of her own, and his seemed to be winning. But eventually, they both fought and it resulted in a tie. Orin then finally spoke up "You’re right. I'm sorry I just got a bit overwhelmed for a second. And I hate feeling helpless. But if we have to wait we can wait. I think I can manage a kettle." Claudia then responded "Don't worry Orin, we can do this. I'm sure she would be just fine. You're not helpless. You pulled her out of the water, and carried her all the way back here. If not for you, she would have probably drowned bells earlier." He didn't reply, but he started to hobble weakly to the water barrel, muttering about managing a kettle, before snagging one overhead.

He seemed to be struggling with an injury on his shoulder, and she thought she heard a whimper coming from his direction.
"You all right there Orin?" He finally spoke again after a period of silence. "I'm sorry I should offer you something. Food, or drink, or a place to sit or something. I can probably find some leftovers in the pantry or whip something up really quickly. Just...give me a tick or two to recover and I’ll get right on that." She quickly rebutted what he said "Don't worry about food Orin, I didn't come here to eat, nor did I help you so I could get food. Let's focus on the job on hand. Prepare the food for her if you will, I don't need to eat right now."

Just as she walked back towards the fire, where the unconscious horned lady was, she saw the woman stir. Claudia saw her slowly make a attempt to get up, before falling back down. She tried once more, harder this time and managed to get up successfully, sitting on the hard floor. Orin, on the other hand seemed overjoyed at the woman's return to consciousness. He rambled on "You’re alive, thank Rak’keli! I was sure I’d lost you or killed you through my ineptitude. What do you need, food, drink, tea I don’t think the doctors are open but I know a little bit about herbalism and might be able to whip something up using what we've got here. I think at least some of these have medicinal purposes and not just cooking ones although I honestly couldn't tell you and I doubt throwing everything in a pot and hoping would do you much good." He seemed to do that whenever he was nervous or excited. She let him ramble on, saying nothing as she walked closer to the woman, looking at her with curiosity.

Orin then began to question the woman
"What, I mean if you don’t mind me asking or anything, but what were you doing in the harbor in the first place? And did you see that flash? Also, this is going to be awfully rude of me so apologies in advance but what even are you, with the horns and the well everything? And where are your clothes?" She let him go on, interested in the answers of the questions he had posed as well. She wasn't about to go jumping to conclusions about anything, as that helped no one. Instead, standing beside the woman, she said to Orin "See what I told you Orin, here she is just fine. I told you the fire would warm her right up. You weren't helpless after all. You saved her life."
Claudia Blackwood

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nivel on April 12th, 2015, 5:38 pm

Eluri :
XP Award:
  • Observation 4
  • Swimming 3
  • Endurance 5
Lore:
  • Falling from grace
  • Painful flashbacks
  • Orin Fenix: The “child” who saved me
Notes: Nice job :).

Orin Fenix :
XP Award:
  • Stealth 2
  • Bodybuilding 2
  • Endurance 2
  • Socialization 1
  • Rhetoric 2
  • Medicine 1
  • Subterfuge 2
  • Interrogation 2
  • Mathematics 1
  • Land Navigation 1
Lore:
  • Eluri: The naked drowning Etheafal
  • Honesty is the best Policy
  • Tricking the Knights
Notes: Nice job :)

Sylvette :
XP Award:
  • Observation 2
  • Tracking 1
  • Escape artist 1
  • Acrobatics 1
  • Investigation 1
  • Stealth 1
  • Subterfuge 2
Lore:
  • Eluri: The Naked lady Orin was carrying
  • Claudia Blackwood: One of my masters acquaintances
  • Providing a distraction

Claudia BlackWood :
XP Award:
  • Observation 1
  • Interrogation 1
  • Socialization 2
  • Rhetoric 1
  • Leadership 2
  • bodybuilding 1
  • Endurance 1
Lore:
  • Eluri: The naked drowning Etheafal Orin found
  • Orin is a terrible liar

Additional Comments: If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to message me.

Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Words: 461307
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)