[Training Grounds] Self-Destruction [Revy Hiroe]

Kreig and Revy meet again, this time in an unexpected place.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Kreig Messer on March 6th, 2015, 5:47 pm

25th of spring, 19th Bell, 50th Chime.

It was nighttime at the Grounds, it was nearly empty with few souls out about. Few souls such as Kreig who was using the night beneath the sky to further his own training, those who knew Kreig well enough would guess that the training most certainly had to with his fists and legs and they would be right. Throughout the night air carried the sound of wood being struck and again as Kreig swung the shin of his leg at the base of a wooden post. Alongside the sound was the grunts coming from Kreig as he kept striking with his right leg. In his mind he counted. Each time he reached 50 he would alternate, the rhythm of his kicks stopping for a moment before continuing.

He was, like often, shirtless. His shirt and boots thrown to one side whilst his studded gauntlets were secure to his fists and whist the sleeves of his pants were rolled up. Kreig felt determined, focused, as if the training today did little to wear him out; Yet inside he also felt chaotic as he tried to sort his own emotions. He tried to use his frustrations positively as he struck against the wood with his left shin. The constant stricking soring the muscles of his legs as the skin reddened, Kreig could feel bits of pain with each strike but not yet did he feel the strain of being unable to carry one. He had to continue.

With each passing day he felt an irriation grow, not at the city no, but it was part of the reason. With a hint of anger he completed the count for the left and switched back to the right. For the most part he was irritated to himself. He felt like something was missing in his life and at that moment it was nothing like love or friendship; It was a lack of clarity he felt. His worldview felt narrow, his thoughts limited by what he knew of Sunberth, Syliras and Kenash. Each strike carried that irritation within, before Kenash the path felt clear; he was committed to the knights yet after…..it felt like the straight path curved into a million others as the temptation brought on by the city of vice.

His kicks resonated louder at that word, vice, he had felt temptation beyond measure whilst in that city despite the debauchery of its Dynast Families who lead it. He felt…unfit, he needed answers but he did not know where.
Gods….DAMNIT” Kreig let out as he gave the post one last kick for the current set. Sweat glistened down his body as he stopped for a bit and leaned his head against the post, right knuckles pushing against the wooden surface “[Color] I don’t need these thoughts right now….I need a distraction.[/color]” He murmured to himself, needing anything to get these thoughts buried if only temporarily.

…..He just might get his wish.

x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

"You gents best be careful, I'm feelin' mighty rabid right now... and your the only ones around to bite"
Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Words: 883597
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2012, 7:55 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Revy Hiroe on March 23rd, 2015, 9:51 am

Spring was in full bloom, but that didn't mean that Revy was in full action again. Her patron was out on patrol or something and she couldn't come along this time. Apparently Theresa didn't want the same thing happen to her again as what happened back in winter. The squire was wounded quite badly back then and treatment wasn't that easy at first.

None the less, she had to get back to training. Thus when she left her room, she had her longsword, shield and glaive with her. Despite having gotten quite better with her shield, she still wasn't at the point she had wanted to reach. To be able to qualify for the knighting quest, she had to be at least be competent with the bloody thing.

One of the problems she also faced as of late, was that she was having slight doubts about staying with the knights. True, she got to protect people, but something felt... off. She couldn't quite put her finger on it, but... nah, she'd leave that for later. Now she had to focus on her own training, as she had arrived at the training grounds. She had gotten quite familiar with this place, fairly soon.

Upon entering, she first put her glaive to the wall and just as she was about to start her shadow spar, she saw a face he remembered not too well. Or was it that she didn't quite want to remember it? No matter, either way she sighed and called out to the guy. "Hey, forgot your name... but you training here to?", she asked. Well, perhaps it was a stupid question, seeing how he was drenched in sweat, but hey.. perhaps he was doing something different which caused him to sweat.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Words: 394139
Joined roleplay: August 18th, 2011, 7:13 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Kreig Messer on April 3rd, 2015, 8:27 pm

Kreig moved away from the training post to look at the new comer, he was somewhat surprised to see at who it was, though perhaps he shouldn’t have really. “ For the record, it’s Kreig Messer” Kreig grinned at her, trying to show that the frustration on his face was not meant for her. It was his Kinsman, or was it kinswoman? Bah, no matter, they were born in the same city and he supposed that’s where their common ground ended. “ You could say I am, Hiroe, was it?” At least he hoped it was, it had been two seasons since they last saw one another, and the more he recalled the first meeting the more he recalled how….agressive she was.

He leaned back against the post, arms crossed as he allowed himself this brief rest to converse with the swordswoman “ I suppose it would be more honest to say that I am venting my frustrations, lot on my mind you see” He shrugged, uncrossing his arms and standing away from the post and ooked at her as he noted her equipment.

I assume its safe to say that you’re here to train as well” He made a mental nod, though he wpnder now that whether the woman was a squire or knight? For all he knew she could be and he was being unprofessional, not that he was much but truth be told his professionalism tended to exten calling knights as either Ser or Sera and listening to orders.

I gotta admit, didn’t expect to see you here. Though I suppose many of us Sunberther’s been flockin’ to the knights lately ” He chuckled with amusement, his head shaking as he felt there was some ironic joke to it all.. A small idea formed in his head as he took another gander at her sword and shield.

Hey. You needin’ a sparring partner?” Kreig asked as he motioned his chin at the Hiroe’s sword and shield “ Can’t say I’m in the right mind for it, but I’m guessin’ it’s a lot better than goin’ at it alone, eh?

x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

"You gents best be careful, I'm feelin' mighty rabid right now... and your the only ones around to bite"
Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Revy Hiroe on April 14th, 2015, 11:08 pm

Wow, the guy actually remembered her name. Even though it only seemed to be her last name. "Yeah, it's Hiroe. Revy's my first name, in case you forgot.", she answered. He probably had. He didn't seem like the smartest person, but that could just be her. It was probably wrong, or at least she hoped he had some sort of a brain, because well... she just didn't want complete birdbrains as colleagues later on.

Wait, he had a lot on his mind? Was he sure he was capable of that? "You? A lot on your mind? Let me guess, a girl stood you up? Because I don't think you'd be able to have much more on your mind right?, she replied. But she kept it light-hearted. She was more joking around, but she didn't quite know if he'd see it that way too.

She was there to train. She had to figure out how to use her shield more as an actual weapon instead of purely a hunk of steel which she could use to deflect blows with. "Yeah.... you can say I'm here to train. still not good enough with my shield, you know. Besides, Sera Stalinsa is telling me I should hurry up. I'm taking too long with my training." You could tell that Revy wasn't particularly thrilled by the thought of Stalinsa grilling her because she was goofing off again.

Perhaps this guy wasn't that bad as she first thought. Maybe she'd have to adjust her opinion on him. But a spar sounded like a good thing. It allowed her to try some stuff with her shield again. "A light spar sounds good. You gonna go unarmed again? Or do ya wanna try fighting me with a weapon? I don't min either way."

It didn't really matter what he'd answer, because the woman was still getting ready for the fight. She put her glaive to the wall and put her shield on her arm. Shortly thereafter she drew her sword and took a few quick swings, warming up her limbs. "Just so ya know, I ain't gonna be holding back.", she said to him just before she dropped into her combat stance.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Words: 394139
Joined roleplay: August 18th, 2011, 7:13 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Kreig Messer on April 18th, 2015, 12:33 pm

Kreig smirked at Revy’s Barb “ What? I can be deep, like, wondering why the sky’s blue and shyke deep.” He chuckled at his own expense, with some of the shyke he’d done in his life it was a fair thing to joke about. “ Any case it ain’t no girl, just…stuff. Lot in life, place in the world, stuff like that you know?” He answered, feeling a bit calmer now than he had been previously, Revy seemed to have a better opinion then him than last time. Last time being that she was a tad aggressive in her attitude against him.

He sympathized quite plenty with the shield bit and the general overdue of the training “ I get that, me shield skills ain’t much better and my Patron, while not obvious about it, seems to think the same” He shook his head in annoyance “ Still, she also says there’s no point in rushing, otherwise we might miss a few things during training” Which was a reasonable point, their time as squires was supposed to prepare them for dangers after all, even if Revy and Kreig were experienced fighters, they’d benefit from the knowledge.

He flexed his shoulders unnecessarily, his body already warmed up enough to handle the strain of battle if need be. Along the same vein, he experimentally through a couple of jabs with his gauntleted fists. He nodded with satisfaction at her acceptance of the spar, though couldn’t resist to remark when she mentioned she would not be holding back.

You know, I think you just eliminated the ‘light’ part of the spar ” He chuckled, showing no sign of hesitation as he took up his combat stance and faced the aggressive woman. Taking her form in full view and watching for any movement or openings.

I’m ready when you are, Revy.

x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Izuyanai on April 24th, 2016, 2:31 pm

Secret :

Grades

Name: Revy Hiroe

XP:
Observation 1
Socialization 1

Lores:
Kreig: Good Memory

Notes:Kreig, if you ever return, message me for your grade.
Izuyanai
I'm back!

Words: 165305
Joined roleplay: September 14th, 2014, 8:14 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)