Yra's Funhouse

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Here's the place to find information on 'How do I do that?' when it comes to creating avatars, signatures, calculating travel time or big purchases, or even working with the bbc code. There are help files for codework for both the main board forums and the lore sections. There are threads advertising players that are willing to create signatures for other players. Please feel free to discuss technical issues, photo cropping, suggest new bbc code, or get help from players and admins on things you want to do. This forum includes posts, wiki technical aid, avatar art, character sheet art, signature work, and all things visual when it comes to Mizahar.

Yra's Funhouse

Postby Yra on March 11th, 2015, 1:00 am

Yra's Funhouse;

Hello. I ran one of these about a year ago, and I'm willing to run one again.

Rather than listing my work and giving examples, I'm just going to do this thing (it's lazy) where you guys simply make a request, as descriptive as you can get, and I try to provide.

I will note that I tackle requests one go at a time, and there may not be a new posting for several days. Honestly? This is a hobby for me. I've never had a problem with that before, but this is in the spirit of "I told you so".

I can do signatures, boxcodes, and avatars. I won't often go and find models, but that's a possible line of work regardless. I will also photomanipulate if requested, as I'm learning photoshop.

So, don't be afraid to give me a shout in this thread (I often forget/overlook PMs) and tell me what you want in the format of your choice!
Yra
there are no strings on me.

Words: 66902
Joined roleplay: July 20th, 2014, 3:32 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Yra's Funhouse

Postby Yra on March 14th, 2015, 6:51 am

Freebie Numero Uno;

But I must explain to you how all this mistaken idea of denouncing of a pleasure and praising pain was born and I will give you a complete account of the system, and expound the actual teachings of the great explorer of the truth, the master-builder of human happiness. No one rejects, dislikes, or avoids pleasure itself, because it is pleasure, but because those who do not know how to pursue pleasure rationally encounter consequences that are extremely painful. Nor again is there anyone who loves or pursues or desires to obtain pain of itself, because it is pain, but occasionally circumstances occur in which toil and pain can procure him some great pleasure. To take a trivial example, which of us ever undertakes laborious physical exercise, except to obtain some advantage from it? But who has any right to find fault with a man who chooses to enjoy a pleasure that has no annoying consequences, or one who avoids a pain that produces no resultant pleasure?

On the other hand, we denounce with righteous indignation and dislike men who are so beguiled and demoralized by the charms of pleasure of the moment, so blinded by desire, that they cannot foresee the pain and trouble that are bound to ensue; and equal blame belongs to those who fail in their duty through weakness of will, which is the same as saying through shrinking from toil and pain. These cases are perfectly simple and easy to distinguish. In a free hour, when our power of choice is untrammeled and when nothing prevents our being able to do what we like best, every pleasure is to be welcomed and every pain avoided. But in certain circumstances and owing to the claims of duty or the obligations of business it will frequently occur that pleasures have to be repudiated and annoyances accepted. The wise man therefore always holds in these matters to this principle of selection: he rejects pleasures to secure other greater pleasures, or else he endures pains to avoid worse pains.

Code: Select all
[style=width: 600px; background-image: url(http://www.mizahar.com/forums/gallery/pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=44802); background-repeat: no-repeat; padding-bottom: 430px; margin: auto;][/style][style=width: 600px; padding-bottom: 10px; padding-top:10px; margin:auto; color: #708090; border-radius: 0px 0px 66px 66px;  background: linear-gradient(#021F3D, #26466D); font-size: 105%; text-align: justify;][indent][googlefont=Oxygen][size=200]Freebie Numero Uno;[/size]

But I must explain to you how all this mistaken idea of denouncing of a pleasure and praising pain was born and I will give you a complete account of the system, and expound the actual teachings of the great explorer of the truth, the master-builder of human happiness. No one rejects, dislikes, or avoids pleasure itself, because it is pleasure, but because those who do not know how to pursue pleasure rationally encounter consequences that are extremely painful. Nor again is there anyone who loves or pursues or desires to obtain pain of itself, because it is pain, but occasionally circumstances occur in which toil and pain can procure him some great pleasure. To take a trivial example, which of us ever undertakes laborious physical exercise, except to obtain some advantage from it? But who has any right to find fault with a man who chooses to enjoy a pleasure that has no annoying consequences, or one who avoids a pain that produces no resultant pleasure?

On the other hand, we denounce with righteous indignation and dislike men who are so beguiled and demoralized by the charms of pleasure of the moment, so blinded by desire, that they cannot foresee the pain and trouble that are bound to ensue; and equal blame belongs to those who fail in their duty through weakness of will, which is the same as saying through shrinking from toil and pain. These cases are perfectly simple and easy to distinguish. In a free hour, when our power of choice is untrammeled and when nothing prevents our being able to do what we like best, every pleasure is to be welcomed and every pain avoided. But in certain circumstances and owing to the claims of duty or the obligations of business it will frequently occur that pleasures have to be repudiated and annoyances accepted. The wise man therefore always holds in these matters to this principle of selection: he rejects pleasures to secure other greater pleasures, or else he endures pains to avoid worse pains.[/googlefont][/indent][/style]
Last edited by Yra on April 8th, 2015, 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yra

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Yra's Funhouse

Postby Kaik Leyr on March 17th, 2015, 12:53 am

Yo, I noticed a lack of requests for you (as far as I know) so I wanted to see if I can acquire your service. Thank you for taking a look at my request.

Boxcode Request

PC Name: Kaik Leyr
Model Name or Picture(s): http://static.zerochan.net/Ryuuzaki.Itsu.full.1416259.jpg (I'd appreciate it if you got rid of the squirrel.)
Quotes/Words :Empty Shell (I think it fits well.)
Color Scheme: Shades of grey
Theme: To match the picture. A seemingly happy mood, yet it gives off a somber feeling.
Kaik Leyr
The Doll Animator

Words: 180721
Joined roleplay: May 11th, 2014, 12:01 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Yra's Funhouse

Postby Nivel on March 18th, 2015, 4:34 pm

PC Name: Nivel
Model Name or Picture(s): I don't really have one
Quotes/Words : naw
Color Scheme: I really like purple, Teal, and turquoise but Nivel is all about the terra cotta and Emeralds. Ether one or a mixture will do.
Theme: Something magical and fun, like alice in wonderland or wizard of oz. Nivel also likes buttons, keys, and Emeralds. Bat wings, copper tea pots and corgi's could also work too
Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Words: 461307
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Yra's Funhouse

Postby Yra on April 8th, 2015, 1:02 am

I honestly don't know if this is what you had in mind. Let me know if it isn't, alright?

Date | Year

On the other hand, we denounce with righteous indignation and dislike men who are so beguiled and demoralized by the charms of pleasure of the moment, so blinded by desire, that they cannot foresee the pain and trouble that are bound to ensue; and equal blame belongs to those who fail in their duty through weakness of will, which is the same as saying through shrinking from toil and pain. These cases are perfectly simple and easy to distinguish. In a free hour, when our power of choice is untrammeled and when nothing prevents our being able to do what we like best, every pleasure is to be welcomed and every pain avoided. But in certain circumstances and owing to the claims of duty or the obligations of business it will frequently occur that pleasures have to be repudiated and annoyances accepted. The wise man therefore always holds in these matters to this principle of selection: he rejects pleasures to secure other greater pleasures, or else he endures pains to avoid worse pains.
Yra

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Yra's Funhouse

Postby Kaik Leyr on April 8th, 2015, 1:23 am

Wow. I like it! :nod:
It suits the Spring season.

Can I get the code for it? I really want to use it soon.
Kaik Leyr
The Doll Animator

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Yra's Funhouse

Postby Yra on April 8th, 2015, 1:35 am

Code: Select all
[style=width: 600px; background-image: url(http://www.mizahar.com/forums/gallery/pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=45395); background-color: #bcffb5; background-repeat: no-repeat; padding-bottom: 230px; margin: auto;][/style][style=width: 600px; padding-bottom: 10px; padding-top:10px; margin:auto; color: #000000; background: linear-gradient(#bcffb5, #feffb5, #ffffff); font-size: 105%; text-align: justify;][indent][googlefont=Raleway][size=200][color=#feffb5]Date | Year[/color][/size]

On the other hand, we denounce with righteous indignation and dislike men who are so beguiled and demoralized by the charms of pleasure of the moment, so blinded by desire, that they cannot foresee the pain and trouble that are bound to ensue; and equal blame belongs to those who fail in their duty through weakness of will, which is the same as saying through shrinking from toil and pain. These cases are perfectly simple and easy to distinguish. In a free hour, when our power of choice is untrammeled and when nothing prevents our being able to do what we like best, every pleasure is to be welcomed and every pain avoided. But in certain circumstances and owing to the claims of duty or the obligations of business it will frequently occur that pleasures have to be repudiated and annoyances accepted. The wise man therefore always holds in these matters to this principle of selection: he rejects pleasures to secure other greater pleasures, or else he endures pains to avoid worse pains.[/googlefont][/indent][/style]
Yra

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Yra's Funhouse

Postby Kaik Leyr on April 8th, 2015, 2:00 am

Ah! Sorry, I forgot to say thank you.

Thanks for the code and the awesome boxcode!
Kaik Leyr
The Doll Animator

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Yra's Funhouse

Postby Ayla Chevalier on April 8th, 2015, 2:32 am

Boxcode Request

PC Name: Ayla Chevalier
Model Name or Picture(s): http://kmdistributors.webs.com/water_drop111.jpg
Quotes/Words : Ayla Chevalier
Color Scheme: White and shades of blue
Theme: Aquatic
Ayla Chevalier
I can see your flaws and yet I do not judge.

Words: 9129
Joined roleplay: April 7th, 2015, 9:29 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Yra's Funhouse

Postby Telor Riptide on April 9th, 2015, 7:08 pm

PC Name: Telor Riptide
Model Name or Picture(s): Trevor Donovan
Quotes/Words : Lost at Sea
Color Scheme: Greys, blacks, and dark blues are my favorites.
Theme: A dark and somber mood. Made to match the quote "Lost at Sea", please and thank you.

Common-Fratava-Vani
Telor Riptide
Player

Words: 24242
Joined roleplay: March 19th, 2015, 12:08 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Next