PM to join [SWI Office] It begins (again)!

Fallon opens her business once more and starts getting to work.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

[SWI Office] It begins (again)!

Postby Fallon on March 14th, 2015, 6:07 pm

25th Spring 515 AV
Morning, 9th Bell

While there was no formal notice, no grand announcement or placing up of copious amounts of fliers, the S.W.I. was once more open for business to the public. Though admittedly in a new city with a new start, Fallon was still uncertain on how Zeltiva would take to such an establishment opening - then again, she was surprised tolerated such a business for so long. Perhaps things would be different, maybe they would accept her with open arms and come flocking to her - in good time of course. The first few days had been both slow and painful, left in the isolation of the office to deal with the simple things that needed to be dealt with. Now, it was the case of merely learning what she could of the city and the area she was to work in.

There was however, still things to do and organise. Hitching the small chest under one arm, and hanging the pack off her the opposite shoulder, Fallon barged the door of the office open, breathing heavy as she gained entrance. Balancing there, she gave a hurried step in as she let the pack slide from her shoulders, and then continued on with the chest. It was only once she had reached the window that she placed it down, letting it gently thud to the floor as it found rest at the base of the window. With a stretch she released a sigh, her gaze turning back around to the contents of the office itself. Sparse, clean, her coat was still hanging on the hook beside the door. Pacing her way around she took up the pack and placed it next to the desk. The next few moments were nothing more than taking out the contents.

Note book, paper, ink, quill. The tools required for letter writing and the sealing there of. The signet ring, a wolf's head emblazoned into its surface was put down carefully, her lips pursing into a line as she studied what was now before her. With a drag out of the chair she leaned back into it, staring as she pondered how to exactly sort things - a long lacklustre activity with little mental stimulation. The papers were neatly stacked and placed in one of the desk draws, a resounding clunk as she closed it a little too firmly. Ink and quill was placed to the top right of her writing space. Hands brushed the surface after that, the placing of the notebook firmly upon the desk in position.

With only a small smile to herself she moved once more, chair scraping as she worked her way back around the room. The bag was dragged behind her and hung in place next to the coat, the worn gloves pulled off as she gave a final nod to the room before her. Everything was set into place as she liked it, all that she had to do now was wait for whatever was to come her way. With the door placed ajar, the once gang leader of Sunberth gave a final approving nod and brought herself to settle down within the confines of the office. It was time to start a new life and create a new identity to exist upon.

Receipt :
Book, Blank - 3gm
Signet Ring - 5gm
Sealing wax - 1gm
Paper (Sheet) x 10 - 4gm
Total = 13gm
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Fallon on March 22nd, 2015, 1:53 pm

A low hum vibrated through her throat as she sat there within her silence. Cheeks gave a puff, the ticks turning into chimes as she sat there - silently waiting for something to occur. Her thumb and forefinger rubbed at her jaw, bare tips tickling the skin. Her mind was already beginning to slip down into some lulled state, her eyes pinching into narrows as she mentally worked her way through the standard greeting she would apply to all potential customers; Hello, welcome to the S.W.I. How may my services be of use of you today? Please, take a seat, and so forth. For the moment however, she had to adopt the stance of patience, calmness and a level mind - to rush anything would be foolish.

There was a flinch however when the gentle knocking reverberated from her office door. Eyes stared at it dumfound, her expression turning to that of confusion - as if the action was foreign to her. She remembered herself quickly after that, and clambered up swiftly to her feet without a second thought. With a mighty stride she worked her way across the office, feet treading firmly before she creaked open the door properly and peered out. A woman stood there, bonnet around her head, a decorated dress that hung just above the ankles. Her head inclined to one side, noting the flushed skin around her eyes and the way the lip seemed to quiver in anticipation - or perhaps it was worry?

"Good Morning," Fallon spoke softly, opening the door a little bit more so she stood firmly in the gap, "Welcome to the S.W.I. Do you... require some assistance Madame?" Her eyes blinked, hand pulling the door open further, her free arm gesturing back into the room and the two armchairs positioned before the desk, "Services perhaps I could offer?"
"You're the Investigator?"
The woman asked back. Her gaze looked Fallon up and down, surprised that one of such a profession was in such a poor state of dress. Lips twitched, "If I may be bold. You do not look the part...?"
"I often don't,"
Fallon twitched, "But, it is something that is being rectified. Please, come in though. You have obviously knocked on my door for some reason or another. How may I help you today?" She held the door open to allow the woman in. For a moment she seemed to pause at the boundary, before stepping in, "Please, take a seat, make yourself comfy... Madame?"

"Maria Fraser,"
She sheepishly entered, head turning back as Fallon closed the door and waited for the woman to find one of the arm chairs. Walking around behind the desk she pulled a sheet of paper before her, the top of the ink vial being released with a mighty pop of the cork. Taking up the quill in her right hand she neatly wrote the date upon the top right corner. With a click of the neck, Fallon turned her gaze upwards to her guest, the gentle dip as she proceeded to jot down the notes upon the surface.
"And I am Fallon Skylar, private investigator," she gave only a reassuring smile then, eyes glinting slightly before she turned her gaze downwards, "So how may I assist? Has something distressed you? Do you require I to look into the source of this distress? Come now, no need to be shy."
FALLON

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Fallon on May 31st, 2015, 10:07 am

The woman seemed to automatically turn to bawling out her eyes, a whimper of noise as she sharply inhaled and attempted to compose herself. There was an obvious seeking of self control, the internal battle of not allowing herself to be overwhelmed with emotions. Fallon however kept her smile in place, to look as if she was a trust worthy source and someone who was suitable for confiding a problem in. Her head gave a tilt to one side, the steepling of her fingers as she studied the woman. While it was clear the creature before her was indeed well dressed, it became more apparent as Fallon continued her analysis that it was of a solid quality, not due to fall to pieces any time soon. The word money rung true in Fallon's mind, and quickly became clear that this was not just some commoner of Zeltiva but one who flaunted in the middle or possibly upper classes. Coin however, did not guarantee position.

"It is okay, take your time my lady," Fallon purred, "When you are ready, please explain what is causing you such distraught. It must be quite affecting if you have come to seek my services on such a sensitive and important matter. Come, I will listen, what ails you?"
"It's him, Evan Poole! That fiend! how could he... how could he. Mother said I'm just being silly. But it's true! True I tell you!"
"It's okay Maria... may I call you that?"
there was a snuffled nodding from the woman. She gave a smile, "You're in good company here. I'll listen to you. So, don't worry on what mother thinks for now." Fallon gave only an encouraging nod then, the questioning tone hanging in her voice, "Evan Poole, who is this person to you? Has he offended you somehow?"
"He's my fiancé,"
the woman sniffled in response.

Fallon raised an eyebrow, her eyes narrowing slightly - an arranged marriage of one of love? If it was the latter then why was the woman reacting in such a manner? The former however lead to the belief the man was a poor choice suitor, or it was something to be forced upon her. It also meant she had less space within the delicate nature of family politics in which to act. Chewing her lip, the inspector held the lean back in her chair, savouring the silence so she could think clearly. What was the best way to proceed? By knowing more of course. Fallon questioned, "Your fiancé?"
"Yes that's right,"
She was dabbing at her eyes now with a handkerchief, "Mother wants me to get married to him, good for the family she says. But I don't trust him. Eyes too close together, you know what they say about them - nothing but trouble." Maria Fraser looked to control herself then, the obvious look of distress in her eyes, "I think he's seeing someone. Being unfaithful before even our vows."
"That's a rather... bold accusation,"
Fallon leaned forward then, taking up the quill. She dipped it into the ink, a pause as she considered how to work upon it, "I mean, do you have any evidence or reason to suspect such a claim?"
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Fallon on May 31st, 2015, 10:08 am

She looked insulted then, almost as if slapped. She could see the look of fury flare in her eyes, the clenching of the jaw as she seemed seethe. Clearing her throat, Fallon continued offering an alternative question, "Allow me to rephrase, what has suggested that he is being unfaithful and adopting such behaviour? What has tickled your suspicions?"
Maria gave a pout, arms folding defensively and her head turning away, "He always looks nervous. Always looking for an excuse to leave too."
"Could he just not be busy? Or shy perhaps?"
"No he can't be!"
came the protest, "He was so confident before, but now since the start of spring... it's almost as if he doesn't want to be around me."
"There could be more to it. Perhaps?"
"No,"
adamant indeed, she seemed to almost be chewing upon her handkerchief now, "He's suspicious, and his colleagues keep saying he goes to East Street a lot. And not for work either."

It was carefully Fallon moved the quill across to the page and slowly began to write, "So this Evan Poole, what does he work as?"
"One of the members of the Artisan guild, he's a paper pusher and training to be one of the merchants under his father."
"Maybe he is running errands for his father?"
She saw the look given to her, "I will take that as a no. Inspiration then?"
"His friend said he saw him going into a Touchy Subject."

Fallon paused then. Was that a hidden meaning? Some kind of context she could not quite grasp? Or was it a name of a place within Zeltiva? She gave a blink, "A Touchy Subject? I... have you considered maybe his friend is just-"
"It's true! His friend wouldn't lie to me. He's got the money to visit it as well and all sorts. When I asked him about it he went all shades of pale and refused to answer."
"I see,"
she made a small note that a Touchy Subject was a brothel, then quickly dotted an 'M' next to it. Her gaze rested in the middle distance, her lips pursing, "So in conclusion, you wish me to investigate your fiancé for suspicious activity and check for additional baggage?"
"You can do that?"
Fallon gave only a nod in response to the question, "And report back."

"Here are my prices," the inspector continued after noting them down, promptly sliding it towards the woman. It was upon the surface that she left the prices there for the woman to inspect, she could see her begin to chew upon her lip, "As is with general conditions these values are on a per day basis of work until the goal is reached. I would also require a base deposit to begin the contract." She exhaled, and continued her note making as she formalised what needed to be done, "On the basis of what I do know this would be providing ground work investigation on Mister Evan Poole, his habits and checking if he is indeed been unfaithful and finalise with the construction of a report. That is once I've received the deposit it, yes?"
"Yes. I can agree to those terms,"
came the voice. Fallon only gave a smile in response, the mind ticking over as she formulated the idea in her mind. It was business, nothing more, nothing less - it was now just a matter of time before the events would truly begin, and she just knew who to involve.

"Then it is a pleasure doing business with you Miss Fraser. I hope we become more acquainted soon enough with your issue."
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Redd on August 22nd, 2015, 7:05 am

Hello, your friendly wolf grader has arrived!

As you can see, your grades have now been awarded, because I'm freakin' awesome. Just a small reminder though, please either delete your request or type in 'graded.' If you feel that I have missed something or if you have a few comments/questions, please don't hesitate to contact me. The wolf doesn’t bite... Much.

Fallon
XP
  • Organization +1
  • Investigation: +2
  • Persuasion: +2
  • Intelligence: +2
Lores
  • Organization: A lacklustre activity
  • Investigation: Ask alternative questions
  • Lore: A Touchy Subject is a brothel
  • Evan Poole: The unfaithful fiancé
  • Lore: It’s just business
Miscellaneous
  • +1 Book, Blank| -3 GM
  • +1 Signet Ring | -5 GM
  • +1 Sealing Wax | -1 GM
  • +10 Sheets of paper | -4 GM
    Total = -10 GM
A Small Message for You
  • It was interesting to see just how Fallon weaselled answers from this poor distressed woman. Lol
  • If you haven’t already, please deduct the prices of these items from your ledger and add them to your inventory

Yours Truly,
Redd
The One-Eyed Wolf

Words: 425591
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2014, 1:29 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1