Brightly Colored Stripes (Cheska and Jokor)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Rosetta on November 28th, 2010, 1:45 pm

As they came out of the ally, Rosetta loosened up a bit. But when Jokor said his warning, she tighten up again and moved her backpack so that she was wearing it on her chest instead of her back.

When the question about what they needed was posed, Rosetta had to think for a secound. "I don't know," she finally said, "I guess ill buy some stuff to help the circus. Carts and tents, things like that. And some paint. When I lived in Big Rosetta's house, she would put paint on me to make me look more colourful."
Rosetta
When flying through the air, don't look down.

Words: 5661
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2010, 9:11 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet

Postby Cheska Mallina on November 30th, 2010, 10:07 am

Cheska nodded to Jokor and tightened her grip on her purse, hiding it in the folds of her skirts. Putting on her most brave face, she straightened her back and shifted her grip on the basket, as though she were going to wield it as a weapon.

"Meat and vegetables, just some groceries." she said, looking about nervously, spoiling the brave front she had just put on.

"Should we paint you then, Rosetta?" asked Cheska, curious and amused by the idea. The sight of a colorful pycon on a trapeze would be interesting indeed!
Out of town 23- 30 of December
Cheska Mallina
Player

Words: 14306
Joined roleplay: November 16th, 2010, 3:16 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Jokor on November 30th, 2010, 10:46 am

Jokor just pushed through the crowds ignoring the chatter between the two women after he heard they needed meat and vegetables. And just kept an eye out for pickpockets threatening his ticket to a free meal, or worse grab his coins. along the way.
Jokor roughly pushed away a little kid that was walking to close to the girl. Not thrusting him for a copper miza."Leave your hands out of your pockets kid, next time I might do something more." Jokor growled out glaring at the kid.
Jokor
Streetrat

Words: 213913
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Rosetta on December 2nd, 2010, 11:08 pm

Rosetta let out a small giggle at the young woman's suggestion. "If you want to sure!" she said with a smile. When Jokor warded off the child, the pycon became wide eyed. The sight of a child around the same age as Big Rosetta in a place like this made her sad. She didn't want childern to be so unhappy.
Rosetta

Character sheet

Postby Cheska Mallina on December 11th, 2010, 10:58 am

Cheska's brow furrowed as Jokor threatened the child. Where had he come from. She'd never normally be mean to children, but money was scarce enough as it was. Well, Jokor knew what he was doing, she'd trust his street smarts. If the child was a pickpocket, then Jokor would probably be the only one in their group who would guess at such things.

"Umm, are we almost there, Jokor?" she asked hesitantly, wanting to be done with shopping as soon as she could.

"Hmm," she mused, "Should we buy the paints here, or in Zeltiva, Rosetta? What do you think, Jokor?"
Cheska Mallina
Player

Character sheet

Postby Jokor on December 11th, 2010, 12:20 pm

Jokor looked at cheska when she began to ask if we where almost there.
"You really don't know the city do you?" Jokor pointed to a rather crowded street in the distance, if you gave it a good look you could see some stands and the armed guards that where standing next to it.
"That is the seaside market, everything you can imagine is for sale there," Jokor gave a grin."Though everything that looks valuable is probably a fake, so just buy what you need and get out then, also look out for pickpockets will you? The market is rifle with people like that and you look like you got money and you don't have a weapon, so you just painted a target on your back."
Jokor continued to walk towards the market, not really caring that she would feel uncomfortable, as long as she didn't get mugged it was ok for him.
"Should we buy the paints here, or in Zeltiva, Rosetta? What do you think, Jokor?"
Jokor shook his head. "No I doubt it would be safe to buy it here, you have just as much chance to get watered down stuff or something else that just looks that color. Petch if you have really bad luck it could be a poison that looks purple or something like that."
Jokor
Streetrat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Rosetta on December 19th, 2010, 1:12 am

"It would probably be better if we got it in Zeltiva. Plus, I know a good shop for paint there." she said as they entered the market.

Unfortunatly the thought of Veltiva started to bring back memories she was trying to bury. Thankfully she was able to hold back any crying, or more, the sounds of it since she had no fluids in her body.
Rosetta

Character sheet

Postby Cheska Mallina on December 21st, 2010, 2:26 pm

"Umm, no I don't," replied Cheska, totally missing how Jokor's question had been rhetorical. She gave him her best serious face and nodded firmly, as though she had taken his advice to heart. Inside, she was quaking with fear. A target painted on her back?

The girl stopped herself from looking about the crowd in a terrified manner, and simply walked closer to Jokor.

"Alright then, Zeltiva it is. You'll have to show me the store, I've never been there before. Plus, I don't fancy the thought of coating our trapeze pycon with poison," she smiled weakly, trying to lighten the mood. Obviously it didn't work very well, but a girl could try!

As they neared the stalls, Cheska began searching for meat and vegetable vendors. They didn't have enough money to get fancy with dinner.
Cheska Mallina
Player

Character sheet

Postby Jokor on December 21st, 2010, 11:24 pm

Jokor rolled his eyes as the girl stepped closer towards him.
"oh come on, how much of a coward are you? Do you get afraid of your own shadow to?" Jokor chuckled amused at the scared girl.

Jokor just walked besides her when she looked around for the things needed for dinner.
"So what is zeltiva like, I never left sunberth so I am a bit curious."
Jokor
Streetrat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Rosetta on January 2nd, 2011, 2:44 pm

"It's mostly filled with sailors, I used to live near the university though. Big Rosetta's father worked there. It's all really quite pretty." Rosetta tried to answer Jokor's question the best she could though she had never been though all of her home town.

Most of the knowledge she had came from stories she had heard, and the only times that she would go out side was with Big Rosetta and the Scholar when they went out to shop or just for a walk.
Rosetta

Character sheet

PreviousNext