Brightly Colored Stripes (Cheska and Jokor)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Rosetta on November 17th, 2010, 12:18 pm

Fall 56, 510 AV
Sunberth
Noon

Rosetta had been in Sunberth only a day now but already she could feel a certain buzz that was in the city. She had seen people putting up posters about a circus and was staring up at one of the them now. She had always like playing circus but had never really been to one, or for that matter been in one.

She had been trying to grab one of the posters so that she could look at it but was having no such luck. Rosetta looked at the objects she had in front of her, a stick and a cork. The stick had small branches that she could step on and use as a ladder to get onto the ledge of the shop window that the flyer was on. She looked at the window and then back at the stick. She then picked up the stick and pushed it into the cork. Using the cork to keep the make-shift ladder in place, she climbed up and onto the ledge and looked at the poster.
Last edited by Rosetta on November 19th, 2010, 1:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rosetta
When flying through the air, don't look down.

Words: 5661
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2010, 9:11 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet

Brightly Colored Stripes (Cheska)

Postby Cheska Mallina on November 17th, 2010, 12:44 pm

Cheska hurried through the city, casting terrified glances at the people around her. Clutching her wicker basket to her chest, the young girl's expression looked like that of a startled deer. The task of finding ingredients for the night's dinner was proving harder than she thought. Here she was, in the middle of a hostile and strange city, with scarcely an idea of where to find the market. Cheska thought about asking a passerby, but those around her seemed more likely to lead her into a dark alley to slit her throat than actually help her out.

Timidly walking down the street, the human girl spied an odd sight. There seemed to be a small doll-like figure looking at one of the circus' posters! She supposed that she ought to advertise the circus a bit, but walking up to the pycon was one of the most scary things she had ever done.

"Um, excuse me?" she asked hesitantly. "Are you, by any chance, interested in the circus?"
Out of town 23- 30 of December
Cheska Mallina
Player

Words: 14306
Joined roleplay: November 16th, 2010, 3:16 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Jokor on November 18th, 2010, 4:44 pm

Jokor quitly stalked the young girl with the basket through the streets,She looked like a steriotypical errandgirl and those always had money on hand.
Jokor inconspiciously walked towards the girl and the small pycon that was standing besides her.

"Um, excuse me?" the girl said in a hesitant voice. "Are you, by any chance, interested in the circus?"
At the word circus Jokor attention peaked, the last time he heard that was from Verduth giving him the chance to do some easy job's to get some coins.
Jokor carefully went closer until he was nearly standing right behind them.
"What do you mean with circus? Did you guy's find Verduth again?"
If it wasn't something usefull he could always rob her, She didn't look so though.
Jokor
Streetrat

Words: 213913
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Rosetta on November 19th, 2010, 1:31 am

Rosetta whip her head around to see who the person was. She was probubly just as afraid as the woman who stood infront of her. "Yes I am." she replied to the question that was asked, "I used to play circus with one of my friends. I miss playing circus, I want to be on a trapeze again."

Rosetta turned around to see who was talking to them. When she turned around she saw a scruffy looking man. "Who's Verduth?" she asked, a questioning look forming on her face.
Rosetta

Character sheet

Postby Cheska Mallina on November 19th, 2010, 8:04 am

Cheska jumped at the strange voice, and turned to see a scruffy looking boy beside her. The terrified look returned to her face, and she flinched away as he spoke.

"Yeah, t-the circus, I work there," she replied, her eyes wide in fear. Between the pycon and strange boy, Cheska was going to have a heart attack. "No, Ringmaster Verduth disappeared. But, the show much go on, right?" she asked, trying to reassure herself.

"Verduth is our Ringmaster," Cheska began to answer the pycon girl's question. "He just disappeared, but we're still trying to keep the circus together. Say," Cheska's brow furrowed in thought. "We don't have anyone preforming on the trapeze, would you consider joining?"

"And you?" she would turn to the strange boy. It wasn't her place to judge people yet, and it seemed fair to offer a chance to anyone. Also, she was a bit afraid that if she didn't offer the boy a chance to audition, he might slit her throat. Then again, she was afraid of everything and everyone, which is why grocery shopping seemed a bad idea. Especially in Sunberth.

"Would you like to join?" Cheska asked the boy.
Cheska Mallina
Player

Character sheet

Postby Jokor on November 19th, 2010, 12:19 pm

Jokor was a bit suprised when she asked him to join, she looked like she would rather run away and go back to whatever safe place she could find then stay here and talk to him.
Jokor thought back to Verduth and that performance he did, It was easy money and he probably could sleep in a dry place if he joined the circus, so why not.
"Sure, why not? I can juggle a bit." Jokor said. "I can always use some money to."
Jokor
Streetrat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Rosetta on November 19th, 2010, 1:03 pm

Rosetta gave a quick nod to the answer that she was given. When the young woman asked if she wanted to be in the circus her face lit up. A huge smile came onto her face. "Really? I would love to!" she replied almost falling off of the ledge that she was standing on.

When the other boy said his answer she wondered what juggling was like. She had heard of it but never really seen it. Then again, Rosetta had a feeling that she was going to see alot of new things.
Rosetta

Character sheet

Postby Cheska Mallina on November 19th, 2010, 1:26 pm

"Oh wonderful!" Cheska clapped her hands together, momentarily forgetting her fear of the entire city and it's citizens. "You've got to audition first, but I'm sure that you'll make it in. We don't really have anyone else auditioning at the moment." She said the last sentence in a conspiratorial hush, as though she weren't really supposed to tell them that.

"None of us are earning anything until we start preforming, which will be in Zeltiva," Cheska said, thinking that it'd be best to tell the strange boy this before he expected to be paid right away.

The young human girl smiled to the both of them. Today seemed so much better than she had thought it would be. She'd recruited two performers! "When you guys are free, you can just stop by the circus for an audition. For the moment, I'm overseeing recruiting, so you might as well bring your stuff with you. I'm sure you two will be just perfect!"

"Umm," she tapped on finger against her lips, thinking. "If you want, we can go now. But, I've got to get the ingredients for dinner. Do either of you know where the market here is?"
Cheska Mallina
Player

Character sheet

Postby Jokor on November 19th, 2010, 7:09 pm

Jokor looked at the girl in confusion as she suddenly got her stuff together and began talking about the circus and something about an audition?
His confusion quickly changed into dissapointment when he heard that
"When you guys are free, you can just stop by the circus for an audition. For the moment, I'm overseeing recruiting, so you might as well bring your stuff with you. I'm sure you two will be just perfect!"

"Well," Jokor said, trying to get her attention. "I don't have anything anymore, I used some stuff Verduth's sidekick bought and he took it with him when he vanished.But on the bright side, I do know where the market is. Although I got to live to if you catch my drift." Jokor said with a smile on his face.
Jokor
Streetrat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Cheska Mallina on November 20th, 2010, 2:25 am

"Hmm, I'm sure we can find something for you to juggle. Oh I know!" her expression brightened once again. "If I can fill pieces of cloth with sand, and sew it all up, you can have a set of juggling balls!"

Cheska certainly did not catch his drift. In fact, she really had no idea what on Mizahar his last sentence meant. "Umm, I'm sorry, I really don't understand what you mean," she said, looking confused. "So, would you two like to come over for dinner and audition then, or some other time?"
Cheska Mallina
Player

Character sheet

Next