Shatter this and rebuild it fresh (Ignotus)

After more than a year Evalin comes callong on Ignotus once more.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Evalin on May 1st, 2015, 8:48 pm

"Do not flatter yourself." Evalin hissed, a note of poison dripping in without her meaning. Everything about what was happening set her on edge, made her uneasy... and afraid.

Every word that was said, concept that was explained, made Evalin's lips tighten to a thin strip, eyes shadowed and face like thunder. Nothing, absolutely nothing about this sounded right to her, even worse was a feeling that welled up like a sudden noise to make her jump. Was she in control? Was that really what was happening? Or was he simply manipulating her again, to get what he wanted from her, just like her old Master...

"My consent..." Evalin whispered, shifting uncomfortably in her seat. One nail tapped nervously on the arm of her chair as she looked away to the side, trying to sort through what she was feeling, and trying to understand if what she felt was real.

"Am I safe...?" Evalin said allowed, not looking at Ignotus as the new feeling bubbled up within her. She glanced sideways at Ignotus, features showing exactly how conflicted she felt, "You could make me feel joy could you not? Could you not also make me feel safe and in control when not of that was true?" She new the answer, but she voiced it anyway.

She was caught between two very opposing desires. The first was a desire to conquer who one and truest weakness, and the other was to have nothing to do with Hypnotism or Hypnotist at all. Thus she fell silent, a war going on within her as she sorted through feeling and thought, one after the other trying to determine what was hers and what wasn't. Was he telling the truth? Why was she even considering this? She did not actually WANT the disgusting magic did she?

Her grip tightened on her arm as the nails of her right hand now bit into the flesh of her left, a small drop of white rising to the surface as the distress the Immortal felt grew and grew with each passing tick.

"I..." She began, shaking her head and suddenly standing, "I need more time to consider." Evalin surprised herself by the force of her words that were fueled by a near crippling fear. A fear of being controlled again. A fear of being near this man. A fear of becoming like them.

Stepping back Evalin's foot hit the leg of the chair and made her stumble slightly, but just as quickly Evalin caught herself and stood with her grip firmly on the back of her chair, not looking at Ignotus as she spoke with a softer tone now, "I have other business to attend in this city, more people I am to meet with and see... Give me a few days and then... then I will be more decisive in this."

She wanted to leave. Every nerve in her being wanted to leave, to get away and sit down with her own thoughts, away from Ignotus. She could not trust her own decisions here, not with him. Evalin needed to know, to know absolutely that the decision she was making was because of her, and not this man's tampering and manipulations.
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ignotus Everto on May 6th, 2015, 7:43 pm

The Lord of Council shrugged glibly at Evalin's irritated quip. In response to her question, he smiled faintly and replied "Not quite."

"Hypnotists deal largely with emotion. While I could, perhaps, make you feel content, or triumphant, or nervous, security is less of an emotion and more of a state of mind influenced by several factors which I can't control with mere personal charm... Unless you really find me that dashing." he finished playfully. "Consider that a first lesson. A preview, perhaps."

Of course, this was only partially true. In isolation, none of Ignotus' tools could truly make someone feel safe, but used in tandem with each other, it was immensely easy. In addition, if someone had not made up their minds over whether or not they were safe, his magic could easily persuade them either way.

The Nuit's lips narrowed when he saw Evalin damage herself again. The first time, he thought she simply panicked. Now he suspected she knew something about her body he didn't. Once he was paying close attention to Evalin's body he realized how distasteful he found it. The Hypnotist couldn't describe it to himself, but it made him feel unclean, like touching a pus-filled wound. Evalin wasn't a Hypnotist- she would have seen what he was trying to pull immediately if she was- so that likely meant some sort of magic that he didn't know of. While Ignotus hated not knowing, he could wait. He would have his answers and everything else soon enough.

"I understand." the Hypnotist said reassuringly, "It's a big decision. I was unsure too, at first. There's no need to rush. We are immortal, after all." he chuckled as he glided back to his desk chair. "I can arrange for a new body if you find your injuries too distracting and Tranaris can get you an appointment date, but feel free to see me whenever you would like. I enjoy your company Evalin... And I have some business in Alvadas which I would appreciate your assistance with, but we can talk about that later." Ignotus said silkily as he rested his chin on his interlocked fingers. "If there's nothing else pressing, then enjoy your stay in Zeltiva. Oh, and Evalin dear?" he purred as she turned to leave, "Don't be a stranger."
A thousand thanks to Phoenix for the gorgeous blue frame, and a thousand more to Edreina for her beautiful magic-themed one!

Correspondence Thread
Ignotus Everto
Only Mostly Mad

Words: 292905
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 5:57 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Previous