Closed Swimming in Rapids (Treachery)

Sayana and Treachery find themselves struggling against the swiftly flowing Avitar River

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

Swimming in Rapids (Treachery)

Postby Sayana on October 18th, 2015, 8:51 pm

Treachery. She paused at the name. It was a different name yet rung so similar to the name of the beast that had captured her nearly a year ago. She nodded silently as she confirmed her name and then her teeth started chattering once more as she was shaken from her daze. Her arms wrapped around her torso as she stood near, closer than what would be comfortable for most, as the zith fumbled with his various straps. One by one the pieces of armour were taken off. One by one the creature made itself more vulnerable. The Eypharian shook her head quickly, trying to clear herself of such thoughts. The creature, he, had just saved her life. It wasn’t going to harm her now. It hadn’t harmed her the last time.

A new bout of shivers racked her body and she rubbed her hands up and down around her body in attempt to warm up. She had been so lost in thought that it was only now that she noticed that the zith, Treachery, was having particular trouble with one of the straps on his armour. Her eyes traced lines upon his body. Across his neck, a slash diagonally upon his chest, a puncture to his heart. She reached to her left hip for a blade, but her hand merely grazed across her empty belt, the blades thrown during the river incident.

His question jolted her out of her thoughts and she blinked several times before turning to look at the remaining strap. Yes, she had offered to help. The breastplate still covered his torso but there was one strap around the back that he hadn’t managed to undo. The Eypharian moved behind him and placed her mid hands upon his shoulders. His wings… they were fearsome yet beautiful and her eyes couldn’t help but wander over them. With another shiver, she turned to the task at hand and used her high hands to unclip the buckle just under his wings. Her wet hair hung in straight long clumps and she looked quite the mess, but he was probably not much better. She moved in close to help pry off the breastplate and her low hands found themselves wrapped around his sides. He was warm beneath the cold wet fur. Warm and…

There was a slight shifting of his wings and she immediately broke away. Her teeth were chattering again. “I-I should g-go. Go get my things.” She spoke, once again shivering. She had switched her pronouns from ‘we’ to ‘I’ and already started walking in the general direction of upstream. Miraculously her boots had survived the river incident and they sloshed with each step as started jogging away, putting distance between her and the zith. Her feet and fingers were starting to feel numb and she knew she had to get some of her warmer things before she froze completely. Yet her mind couldn’t tear itself away from the zith. Treachery. He had saved her, and she in turn had helped him. He seemed gentle, nice even, yet her gut still churned at the idea of spending a single moment more than necessary with him. She needed to get home. Warm up, dry out, and be home as soon as possible.

With new determination she ran more quickly, the exercise warming her limbs yet the cold air hindering the process. She took a glance back wondering what he was going to do with all his bits of armour. They would have made him colder had he worn them, yet they were still awkward to carry. But she was too focused on her goal to get back to Syliras to offer to help now.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Treachery on November 4th, 2015, 4:54 pm

Standing there shivering as he spoke, Saya wordlessly confirmed her name. It wouldn't have taken a genius to figure out she was freezing. Treachery, himself, wasn't doing brilliantly either, his fur was still drenched letting the wind slice straight through it. Watching her for an answer to his request for help, the Zith did a double take when a killing intent gleamed in her eyes before she moved to help him. Heh, maybe she wasn't totally past the idea of murdering him. Treachery relaxed a little more when after a chime or two the strap came loose. He had slowly began prying the plate away from himself when Saya's arms coiled around his body.

He had been right. Her body was freezing next to his but her breathes were warmth against his back. The contrast sent shivers down the squire's spine make his wings twitch. In an instant, she was gone again and so had the warm spot on his back. Unsure what to make of what just happened he dumbly nodded as she excused herself, teeth audibly shattering as she began her trek upstream. Blinking slowly as she vanished from sight, the Zith remembered that he was supposed to be protecting her. Standing up he shook himself hard, droplets whizzing away from his fur and his hair knotting itself into an even more chaotic fashion.

Slightly drier, his fur began to insulate him from the cold again as his breathes made little clouds in the air. Giving a few lazy flaps of his wings to dry them off as well, the Zith quickly gathered up his armour and boots. Awkwardly balancing the cold wet pieces of metal between his arms and wings, he walked barefoot after Saya glumly becoming aware that he would need to clean his armour once he got home. After a few chimes of walking he began to realise that Saya must have broken into a run at some point. Where did she even think she was going? He couldn't exactly protect her when he wasn't there. Oh well, Sera should still be on the bridge and the Isur would no doubt be a more welcoming sight than he was. Prey tended to group together after all. Balancing his chest plate better, the zith slowed his pace to call out to his patron.

“Sera!”

“Cherry?! That you? You catch her?”

“Yes but she cold!”

“Let's hurry up and get her home then!”

“Yes, Sera!”

Picking up his pace, Treachery stopped after a few strides. Had that been Zithanse? Turning his head slowly left and right, the zith strained his hearing. He could have sworn he had heard it.

“Cherry! Hurry up!”

Growling small half-hearted threats towards the Isur, Treachery began moving again. The sound must have been his imagination either that or some water still stuck in his ear. Trying not to drop any of his armour, the squire picked up his pace as he set off up steam.
Due to exams probably won't be posting again until after the 20th of May
Common | Others talking Common | Zithanese | Others talking Zithanese
8/8 threads
Treachery
The Treacherous Zith

Words: 64860
Joined roleplay: October 6th, 2014, 10:19 pm
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Azmere on January 14th, 2016, 11:51 pm

Sayana
Experience

• Riding: Horse: +2
  • Horsemanship: +2
  • Swimming: +2
  • Endurance: +1
Lore

• Horsemanship: This ain’t my first rodeo
  • The East Kabrin Road: Runs through the Bronze Woods
  • Syliras: Rich in wildlife
  • Makutsi: River Goddess
  • Swimming: Air is important
  • Zith: Blood red eyes
  • Zith: There’s good and bad
Notes

This was a really pleasant thread to read. There were a couple of other skills in here but you've already maxed them out so I added some extra lores for you. I know you're an experienced grader so let me know if I botched this one. XD Just so you are aware...I'm a big fan.

Treachery
Experience

• Socialization: +3
  • Riding: Horse: +1
  • Swimming: +2
  • Observation : +3
  • Endurance: +1
  • Shield points: +1
Lore

• Treacle: Not a term of endearment
  • Treachery: Old colony, painful memories
  • Riding: Move with the horse
  • Saving people is never easy
  • Armor: One reason why knights have squires
  • Sayana: Savior. Killer?
Notes

I really enjoyed reading through this. First, let me say that if anything is amiss don't hesitate to let me know. Second, I would have liked to give you some more XP for riding but it just wasn't there. What was there was a hilarious trip along a bumpy road that made me (as a man) cringe while trying not to laugh aloud. I hope to grade more of your work down the road. Enjoy the rewards.
Attn: GradersObservation is maxed. Thank you for all your hard work.

where do you go when you don't know who you are?
Azmere
Seeker of the Lost

Words: 754081
Joined roleplay: October 14th, 2015, 11:57 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Previous