Closed Ink and Ale (Asen)

Rhov needs to drink away his troubles, and Asen is more than ready to help. Shenanigans ensue.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Ink and Ale (Asen)

Postby Rhov on April 15th, 2015, 1:32 am

29th of Spring, 515 A.V.

"Another." Rhov grunted as the burning taste of alcohol singing the whole of his mouth. He was unused to the Syliran style of ale, its flavor rougher than the sweet spiced Ephyrian wine he was weaned on as a youth. Raising the mug for another swig, Rhov let the liquid scorch down his throat, sighing with relief as the numbing substance dulled his ever active Chaktawe senses. As the barkeep brought forth his drink, dark and heady, from under the bar, Rhov slid his empty cup towards him. He swirled the murky contents of his mug, letting himself be lost in the backdrop of the inn.

Rhov had only been to the Rearing Stallion once, and it had been under much happier circumstances. The room had been filled with laughter and stories; friendships forged with easy confidence. Rhov had briefly considered asking for Orin, but dismissed the thought quickly. He did want to disturb so nice a man with his foul mood and temperament. Onyx eyes swept the area around him, seeing what scene had replaced the happy memories of days gone past.

The Stallion was lively and crowded; the excited chatter of strangers filling the air with a wall of sound. Faces foreign to Rhov danced in and out of his vision, going on about their day with carefree nonchalance. A few cheers rang loud and true as someone struck up an upbeat tune, and the inn erupted into a sea of movement. Smiles flashed as names were exchanged, strangers dancing with strangers without the slightest pretense or foreknowledge of each other. The whole sight might have seemed rather happy to a passerby, but to Rhov it served only as an annoyance.

In normal circumstances, Rhov would have avoided such a crowded place like the plague. He did not do well in stone walls, and crowds increased his discomfort immeasurably. The city was noisy, the people and their customs strange, and their guards far to involved in such subjects as 'modesty' and 'appropriate public dress'. If it wasn't for the fact that this was the nearest place to get a drink on his trek back to the Mithryn Outpost, Rhov would no doubt be as far from the imposing towers of Stormhold Castle as physically possible. However, if recent days proved anything, Rhov was hardly experiencing normal circumstances as of late.

Possession was the paramount reason that Rhov had wandered from the safety and comfort of his secluded room at the Mithryn. He had been exploring the strange indigo keep and its adjacent forest in the Cobalt Mountains, when he had suddenly found himself bereft of all control of his body. That experience itself would have been enough to drive a man to drink, but the gods showed no kindness to Rhov that day. The spirit which inhabited him showed him a world on the brink of death, had filled him with memories of death and despair, and then proceeded to use him as a pawn in an age-old battle. Needless to say, the entire endeavor pissed Rhov off to no end.

The experience was disconcerting to say the least, but it did not end wholly there. In the silence of his mind, in the dark corners where he hid the rage and fury that , in the place where his demons tended the fierce flames of hatred, Rhov thought he could hear a voice whispering wrathful falsehoods in his mind. A leftover of his possession, perhaps. A result of some unknown bond which he and the ghost shared. Whatever the reason, Rhov found his solace and the whispers' silence at the bottom of a bottle.

Washing his darker thoughts down with an unhealthy gulp of dark ale, Rhov slammed the now empty mug down on the table. "Another," he ordered, his tone abrasive and unpleasant.

"Maybe you should slow down there, pal." the barkeep began, caution and concern tinting his voice. He moved to remove Rhov's cup, but a feral glare from the bounty hunter stilled his hand. The barkeep would not normally be so easily dissuaded from his effort, but Rhov carried the look of a man who needed to forget. Sighing, he replaced Rhov's empty cup with a full one.

"Leave the bottle. It's going to be a long night."
Rhov
Justice despite consequence

Words: 116309
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2015, 9:45 pm
Race: Chaktawe
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Ink and Ale (Asen)

Postby Asen on April 15th, 2015, 4:24 am

It was after a particularly rough day of patrolling that Asen found herself shoving open the door to the Rearing Stallion. It had been mishap after mishap after mishap, beginning with her tardiness.

She'd shown up late for the patrol, both knight and squire giving her displeased looks as she hurriedly buckled on her armor. Then she forgot her sword, and had to run back to get it while the disappointed gathering waited and watched like vultures, waiting for their prey to drop dead so they could feast.

As the patrol had walked their usual route, drawing near to the Sacred Arch Hotsprings, the half-Dhani's foot had gotten stuck in a particularly clingy patch of mud. She'd fallen knee-deep into the hole, and almost lost her shoe in the process of extracting herself from the sludge while simultaneously struggling to keep the armor from being sucked off of her leg.

After that a snake had nearly bit her muddy ankle, the girl clearly a threat as she almost trampled the reptile. While she was apologizing to the snake in pitiful attempts at Snake Tongue, a fellow squire decapitated the thing and swore at the shocked blonde. The death of the snake put a permanent damper on her mood, more upset about the snake being killed than it almost biting her. Bites could be cured, headlessness could not.

Of course, that wasn't even taking the fact that she had a new patron: Lorden Ladis, the very man she couldn't keep her hands off of. He was addictive and she had absolutely no idea why. It was probably due to him being a knight and her being a squire, what with him being 'untouchable' and all.

Asen, however, was more focused on swearing at anyone who bumped into her as she made her way to the bar of the Stallion. She plunked herself down beside a long-haired fellow with strange eyes, although she didn't take note of that until a few chimes later. She gruffly ordered an ale, snatching it from the bartender's hand and tossing the appropriate amount of mizas onto the counter.

The half-Dhani downed the ale without thinking, nearly choking on the taste as it burned her throat. It was over shortly and she pounded a fist on the counter, dissolving in a coughing fit.

"Ah, shyke. That- that was bad," she said in between each cough. Nevertheless, she ordered another ale. She could handle the taste, so long as it strengthened the light-headed sensation that made itself present. She tipped the mug upwards, letting the liquid slide across her tongue and down her throat. She pulled a face as she set the mug back down, wiping her mouth.

The squire turned to face the man beside her, squinting slightly. "An' what're you 'ere for, eh? Seems like you've been drinkin' since before I got 'ere, an' you en't 'ad a good day either by the looks o' your face an' that bottle there," she said, nodding at the bottle that sat before him.

Ledger-2 SM for 2 Ales
Asen
Kintsugi

Words: 136836
Joined roleplay: September 16th, 2014, 11:41 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Ink and Ale (Asen)

Postby Rhov on April 26th, 2015, 6:02 am

Rhov sighed as the incessant noise of the crowd faded into the background. Alcohol was a wonderful cure-all for many an ailment, and Rhov needed it now more than ever. While the ale was cheap and choked him fiercely, it worked wonders to mellow his discomfort around people. Rhov sloshed the dark liquid in his cup absentmindedly, letting his thoughts drift into nothingness.

Movement to his left, confident and brusque, snapped Rhov's mind out of its numbing void. He raised a slight eyebrow at the newcomer's willingness to sit beside him, as he was used to Sylirans generally avoiding him. Whether it was due to his foreign dress or feral manner, Rhov knew not. The fact of the matter was that most would see the angry Chaktawe, and decide it was worth it to not engage him. Whomever this person was, Rhov decided that she was either blind or bold. He hoped it was the former rather than the latter, as he was in no mood to deal with anyone today.

Curiosity eventually overcoming social discomfort, Rhov let his jet-black eyes casually drift over to his new neighbor. She was a woman, fair skin and a bit on the thin side. Bouncy blonde curls seemed to radiate light and life as the splayed themselves outward with every shift of her form. Blue eyes, bright and fierce like water in the desert, stared hard in disgust at the cheap ale. Even still, the woman ordered another, seeming determined to press onward despite the poor taste. She carried a confident air, as if the world was just one big challenge yet unconquered and she the one to lead the charge to victory.

Rhov stifled an internal groan as blue eyes met black; the woman deciding to carry forward a conversation despite his own unwillingness. She's bold then, he thought. Petch.

Straightening himself up, he turned himself fully towards the intruding party. She motioned to the ale he was drinking, inquiring what had brought him to the inn this evening. Rhov briefly considered sharing the whole of his tale, for shock value if nothing else, but decided against it. Perhaps the alcohol his loosened his tongue, or perhaps he secretly desired actual conversation despite his abrasive thoughts, but he decided to humor the stranger.

"Call it a spiritual crisis," he submitted nonchalantly, smiling at his own inside joke. He took another long swig of his drink before continuing. "After all, when faith fails, drink succeeds. Right? Name's Rhov, by the way."
Rhov

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Ink and Ale (Asen)

Postby Asen on April 28th, 2015, 5:30 am

Asen gave a chuckle, leaning her back against the bar and resting her elbows on the wood. "A spiritual crisis, eh? I s'pose drink can remedy that," she said.

The stranger was certainly handsome, the onyx bar of paint across his eyes only enhancing the sharpness of his cheekbones. Those same eyes were solid black, like a night without moon or stars. Even the sclera was the color of pitch. His gaze was almost unsettling, she could hardly tell where he was looking.

He seemed friendly enough, though. The half-Dhani stuck her hand out to the Chaktawe, this Rhov. "Sessaschenaasen, pleased to meetcha. 'Course that's probably a bit of a mouthful, ennit? Just Asen'll do," she told him with a grin.

"You en't from around 'ere, are you? En't pale enough. 'Course I en't from 'ere either, nah," she said, taking a swig of ale, "So I guess I can't be the judge o' people."

The squire was met with the fact that she had once again, despite the disgusting taste, drained her mug. It was bearable, though, and she beckoned for another ale. After she received it she swirled it around, staring at the dark liquid.

"D'you drink much, Rhov? Doesn't taste good, but it 'elps get rid of all the bad things that 'appened that day. I didn't drink much before comin' 'ere, but lately... Pah. Doesn't matter. Drink to live an' live to drink, right?" she asked with a solemn smile, "Or somethin' along those lines, at least."

She tipped the mug back and let the ale slide down her throat before setting it on the counter. Where the petch did that come from? Yeesh. Too much already, thought the squire. The dead snake plagued her mind, though, and she kept drinking.

Ledger-1 SM for 1 Ale
Asen
Kintsugi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Ink and Ale (Asen)

Postby Rhov on April 28th, 2015, 10:19 pm

The newcomer's easygoing mood proved infectious, burrowing its way past the boundaries and barriers that Rhov erected. Of course, the steady supply of alcohol didn't hurt her endeavor of socialization. In fact, with every cup of ale, Rhov found it easier to converse openly with the woman; the annoyances of the background paling to a muted blur.

Odd name though, Rhov noted to himself. It slid off her tongue with practiced ease, the syllables breathy and smooth against the hard edges of her accent. In some ways, it sounded like his native tongue of Tawna, the name airy and light in tradition of Eywaat's chosen. One would think that due to the similarity, Rhov might find ease in its pronunciation. One would be wrong.

"Ses-Sessas-shyke. Asen. Nice to meet you," Rhov grinned, the angular lines of his face unused to the jovial motion. The Chaktawe grabbed his new found drinking companion's hand with enthusiastic vigor. Callous met callous as the two warriors' hands met with determined cooperation. She may not look it, but she seems a fighter.

Asen proceeded to down another mug of ale, her drink count rising steadily against his own. Rhov attempted to hold back a chuckle, but the face she made as the bitter liquid burned down her throat proved to enticing. He shook with laughter, his baritone turning the sound dark and deep to the ear. Slight shimmers of tears welled in the corner of his jet black eyes as Rhov found the face more entertaining by the second. He didn't know why he was laughing with such joy, as the image was hardly the most humorous he had seen. Perhaps it was the ale, or perhaps he laughed out of necessity. It didn't matter to Rhov. All that he cared about was that something this simple had finally been able to shake shadows of discontent from his mind.

Unfortunately, his outburst of laughter overcame most of what Asen had said prior. He caught only the tail-end of her musings, and raised a drink in response. "Drink to live, and live to drink," he said with a chuckle, drink making his Eyktolan accent more apparent.

Seeing the dark edges of memories best forgotten begin to form on her face, Rhov rose with unsteady grace. He grabbed the bottle he had ordered and downed the rest of the vile yet liberating liquid with the diligence of a soldier. He placed a heavy, bronzed hand on Asen's shoulder, attempting to ease his new friend's mood. With his free hand, he placed the appropriate amount of Mizas to pay for the drinks he had consumed tonight. Arm mostly stable despite the recent addition of ale to his system, he offered Asen help up from her seat. An uncharacteristic grin overtook his face as he spoke with steady confidence. "Come. I don't know what type of drunk dancer I am, and I believe I'll need your help to find out."
Rhov

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Ink and Ale (Asen)

Postby Asen on April 29th, 2015, 2:21 am

"It en't Shyke-Asen, it's Sessaschenaasen," the half-Dhani corrected him with a grin. His grip was strong, confident. This Rhov was sure of himself and she admired that, and his laughter had set off her own -- though it was more of a subdued chuckle than the roaring baritone of the Chaktawe beside her, since she had still been talking.

Asen looked up from her mug as her drinking partner's hand settled on her shoulder. She nearly flinched at the sudden contact, the weight of it uncomfortable. It reminded her all to much of the touch of Etnava, but the intent was different this time. It was supposed to be consoling, so she allowed it.

"Dancin'? Yeah, I s'pose I could try an' dance. I en't that good even when I'm sober though," she said, "Though now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever danced. Not once in all fifty-seven years o' my life. Though I s'pose it en't too late to try, yeah?"

The squire took hold of Rhov's arm, pulling herself out of the seat. However, she stumbled into the man and bumped him aside before regaining her balance, which was slowly declining. She drained the rest of her ale and sat the mug on the counter, grinning like an idiot. Three mugs and she was already tripping over her own feet. She was definitely a lightweight when it came to drinking.

"An'... an' how do we do this? Do I put my hand 'ere?" she asked, placing her hand gently on the Chaktawe's hip, "Or do I put it 'ere?" relocating her hand to her shoulder.

"Am I even doin' this right?" she inquired with a chuckle. Asen momentarily forgot herself and felt along Rhov's arm, pressing her fingers into the hard muscles. She traced invisible designs into his shoulder, and while the motions were intended to be smooth they were the exact opposite.
Asen
Kintsugi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Ink and Ale (Asen)

Postby Rhov on April 29th, 2015, 3:47 am

She sure is a funny sort, Rhov thought with a chuckle as Asen corrected him. She had caught him in a rare instance where he had the courage and the will to cut loose in front of a total stranger, and despite it all, Rhov found that he was enjoying her company. Not many people could chip away at the bounty hunter's admittedly rough exterior, and even with the right mixture of bad memories and worse booze, Rhov doubted anyone besides Asen would have succeeded. To Hai with it. If I'm doing something dumb tonight, might as well commit.

Pulling her way from the bar and nearer to the minstrel, Rhov paused only momentarily when she mentioned her age. She certainly didn't look to be fifty-seven, and she didn't seem the sort to lie about her age. "Didn't know humans were so pretty at fifty-seven," Rhov replied, not wholly stopping to filter his words before they came tumbling out of his mouth. Though, in all honesty, Rhov didn't have much a filter to begin with.

"And don't worry. The only dance I know involves more feathers than anyone should be comfortable with," the Chaktawe responded, his tone light and jovial. Asen's hands drifted across his dark form with innocent confusion, attempting to find some comfortable place to rest. Rhov listened intently to the beat of the music, attempting to discern what type of song they would be dancing to. Had he been sober, Rhov would have noticed the decidedly cruel smile polished upon the bard's face as he upped the tempo of his tune. Copper fingers threaded through a pale hand, Rhov clumsily guided Asen's and his arm to match that of the dancer's around him. He moved to place his hand on her back, as the men around him did with their partners, but found Asen thoroughly preoccupied with bronzed limb.

His onyx orbs scanned the small, rough designs that she traced into the muscle of his arms. They swirled with inattentive direction, large circles looping into smaller ones. A sudden, terrible, horrible, drunken idea popped into Rhov's brain, and he grinned lopsidedly in response. The youth made an effort to ensure his alcohol-laced thoughts retained it, because Rhov knew what he and Asen were going to do after this. But that could wait, for the dance had begun.

Their movements were clumsy, imprecise, and wholly disjointed. Rhov wasn't sure if he or Asen was leading, and too many a time did he have to endure a misplaced boot on his foot. They bumped in other dancer's unapologetically, and sauntered through the whole of the song with unabated enthusiasm. Rhov was fairly sure he gave someone a black-eye, and in return received one. His body was bruised and thoroughly sore, more so than after some of the rougher scraps he had been.

All in all, he was having a good time.

Well, until he and Asen had effectively danced their way out of the tavern. The innkeeper had mentioned something or other about 'reckless violence,' and 'unnecessary roughness'. Rhov was a bit too preoccupied stumbling out of the Rearing Stallion with Asen in tow.

"Asen. Assssen. I think I'm a violent dancer," Rhov pouted drunkenly. He thought it was especially rude that the innkeeper would discharge them from his establishment just because their style of dancing didn't agree with them. Rude and racist. Yeah, that's it. They're all just stupid rascists. Fat, stupid, dumb racists.

He sighed with discontent, shifting in his seat on the street and turning to look at his drinking partner. He hoped she had fun as well, she seemed like she needed a pick me up. There she goes again, tracing those loopy circles. Wait. Circles.

Obsidian eyes shot wide with realization, mind enhanced in a moment of alcohol induced clarity. His ale-soaked brain struggled to process the information, neurons snapping off at a sluggish pace. The idea pushed and fought through layers of drunken barriers, threatening to burst from his mind in all its glory.

"Asen, let's get tattoos."
Rhov

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Ink and Ale (Asen)

Postby Asen on May 1st, 2015, 3:47 am

"D'aw," she said in response to his compliment, "The only reason I look this good is 'cause I'm half of a Dhani, y'see. My da was a Dhani. Otherwise I'd look like my ma, all old an' wrinkly."

The mention of feathers piqued Asen's interest for a moment before Rhov's fingers laced through hers and she was then whisked away across the floor. The tempo was fast, faster than she'd like since she was a beginner, but her partner seemed fairly confident in his skill.

Should they both have been sober she would've been far more careful in her movements. More than once she stomped on the Chaktawe's foot, and more than likely other dancers' feet as well. She also sustained an elbow to the ribs and used her own to jab at those they bumped into.

The lead switched between the dancing pair haphazardly, and the squire briefly wondered if they could craft their own dance later where the passed dominance to one another in a far smoother manner than they were doing at the moment. Perhaps if they had more experience, and when they weren't drunk.

They were, predictably, thrown out of the Stallion due to their complete and total disregard for safety -- both theirs and those around them. Asen nearly fell over her own feet, finally taking a seat a few paces from her partner with legs splayed.

"You? Nahh. If- if anythin', they're the violen' ones... Think I got a... a bruise or somethin' from one of 'em," she slurred, head lolling about on her shoulders. The blonde lifted up her shirt partway to check her side, prodding at the tender spot before letting go of the piece of clothing and giving Rhov a one-eyed squint.

She pointed at the Chaktawe and, distracted by her own finger, began tracing little circles in the air. She mumbled unintelligible things, eventually jabbing the finger into the ground. His voice reached through the fogginess in her mind, bidding her to look up at him.

"Tattoos? Those things are the... drawin's on your skin, en't they?" she asked, getting up. "A'ight, les' go get 'em."

The half-Dhani grabbed hold of her partner-in-crime's hand (okay, partner-in-shenanigans) and dragged him through the streets, stopping for just a moment to inquire about the location of the tattoo parlor. Her drink-suppressed memory somehow managed to remember the directions long enough to deliver them at its doorstep -- stallstep, actually.

"The Inked Pen," she read, "En't this the right place, Feathers?" she asked Rhov. She'd decided Feathers was a good nickname, after his mentioning of a dance involving them. She made a drunken mental note to ask him about that later.
Asen
Kintsugi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Ink and Ale (Asen)

Postby Rhov on May 3rd, 2015, 10:07 pm

The Chaktawe stumbled onward in surprise as his new half-Dhani friend near dragged him through the city. Rhov, though initially surprised, felt the strength latent in her limbs; undoubtedly honed through hours of training. Even in his inebriated state, Rhov knew without a doubt this woman was a fighter. A warrior.

Rhov was guided through the city's labryinthian caverns and halls, Asen showing the ease of a practiced resident. Throughout the whole of their walk, she stopped only once for directions. Rhov found himself impressed by her sense of direction which led the pair expertly to their destination, despite the alcohol that muddled their minds and their movements. Together, they stopped in front of a weather-worn stall. A sloppily painted sign denoted its name, 'The Inked Pen.'

Drunken laughter bubbled up from the pit of his stomach as Asen gifted him a new epithet. As funny as he found it, Rhov also thought it fitting, Honorific, almost. He wore this new name with pride, reveling in the camaraderie it created between the two not-quite-strangers.

"Suppose so. Sounds like a tattoo...drawing...area," Rhov stumbled as words began to fail him. Common began to sound strange on his tongue, and his trained vocabulary faltered under the weight of drink. He longed for the easy grace of Tawna, the words which flowed like a whisper across desert dunes.Common is so strange a language. It is heavy and hard, like an avalanche of stone off the tongue.

The slow puff of a driftwood pipe greeted the two as a tanned figure slipped out from behind the booth's curtain. Hair as gray as the smoke which billowed out from his mouth, smiling eyes scanned Rhov and Asen with mirthful intent. Wrinkles splayed themselves across his face as a smile formed with telling glee. As late as it was, it seemed to Rhov that the man was almost expecting them.

"Name's Lichenan Tidalcatch, how can I help you?"The man regarded Asen and Rhov with equal courtesy. Even though the greeting's words were all business, the undercurrent of charismatic content flowed through them with abundance.

"I want a-' Rhov began in Tawna, his natural language fighting for dominance against his practiced Common. Ale numbing his embarrassment, the desert born youth began again. "I want a tattoo." Seeing the artist's unrepentant chuckle, Rhov felt he needed to clarify further. "On my skin."

Lichenan took a moment to contain his laughter, not wanting to insult two potential customers. He then turned his world-wise eyes on Rhov, fully attentive to his request. "Yes, but what of?"

The Chaktawe opened his mouth to reply, but then paused. He hadn't really considered what design to have permanently etched on his skin. When he had the idea, all he knew was that he had the overwhelming urge to simply have one. To imprint a permanent part of the world on his person, to carry with him a memory of his time here. Something both eternal and personal, like a sliver of his soul seeping out onto his skin. He had now idea what design would represent that, but Rhov knew he wanted an image of eternity.

A glint of metal in the torchlight caught Rhov's onyx gaze. He turned his head downward towards his friend's hand, still clasped in his own. With ginger care, Rhov raised Asen's hand to inspect the small ring which encircled her third finger. The image of a snake eating it's own tail played out across the metal surface, a never ending cycle of renewal and destruction. With a determined nod, Rhov turned back Lichenan. His dark eyes turned hard and serious, despite the oddity of the situation.

"I want a tattoo of this on my chest, and I want it in white."
Last edited by Rhov on May 10th, 2015, 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rhov

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Ink and Ale (Asen)

Postby Asen on May 4th, 2015, 2:42 am

Lichenan Tidalcatch, thought Asen. She stored the name away in her memory, attaching a face to it at the same time. He was aged, sporting a salt-and-pepper beard and hair to match. A pipe, most likely driftwood, extended from his mouth and the occasional puff of smoke emerged to encircle Lichenan's head.

The half-Dhani glanced over at her partner-in-shenanigans as words -- not those of Common -- flowed from his lips like a river. She pouted as he corrected himself and spoke in the harder, heavier tongue she knew. She wanted to hear more of the soft whispers, maybe even attempt it herself. If it had more sibilant sounds it could've been likened to Snake-Tongue, the hissed language of her father's people.

She giggled with the Svefra as Rhov told him that he wanted a tattoo on his skin. Where else would he have it? In his hair? On his clothing? Silly, silly Rhov. Still, if he didn't know what he wanted, then why were they there? He'd think of something. Asen began thinking about what she wanted. It was best to be prepared.

The blonde was squinting at a design in the artist's open sketchbook when she felt her hand being raised. She glanced over at the Chaktawe, realizing that they were still locked together. He appeared to be looking at her ring. Why was he looking at her ring? It wasn't particularly interesting.

Oh, that's why. He wanted a tattoo of her ring, and he wasn't joking around. He was completely serious. He'd known her for less than five bells, and she almost couldn't believe that he actually wanted a tattoo of her ring. She was awestruck. This was a permanent work of art. She wasn't about to argue with him, though.

As Lichenan turned to ask her what she wanted, she pointed at his sketchbook "That one," she told him.

The tattoo was to cover an entire arm, beginning at the wrist with a grouping of feathers as the foreground. As it travelled up towards the elbow the background turned into geometric designs, triangles and ovals turning into detailed circles, seemingly made of lace. Of course, it wasn't really the circles that caught her eye. The feathers were, creeping up to the elbow and even past that in a bold red that faded into a deep teal at the shaft.

It looked beautiful and expensive -- not to mention painful -- but it was going to be worth it. "I want that one," she repeated, "but Feathers can go first."

Tattoo :
Omitting the calligraphy or whatever it is near the armpit, this is the tattoo she wants. It'll cost approximately 12GM (Medium colored tattoo) and at least two trips, if not three or even four.

Last edited by Asen on May 23rd, 2015, 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Asen
Kintsugi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Next