Closed You Can't Do This On Your Own [Merevaika]

Maybe be dependent on someone else isn't a bad thing.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Wilderness of Cyphrus is an endless sea of tall grass that rolls just like the oceans themselves. Geysers kiss the sky with their steamy breath, and mysterious craters create microworlds all their own. But above all danger lives here in the tall grass in the form of fierce wild creatures; elegant serpents that swim through the land like whales through the ocean and fierce packs of glassbeaks that hunt in packs which are only kept at bay by fires. Traverse it carefully, with a guide if possible, for those that venture alone endanger themselves in countless ways.

You Can't Do This On Your Own [Merevaika]

Postby Kei on May 17th, 2015, 7:19 pm

Kei's golden eyes narrowed at the suggestion that Merevaika presented. The sly smile she wore was not missed by his keen eyes - a benefit to being a avian Kelvic. The smile was obviously showing that there was something that she knew and Kei didn't. This sort of smile was never a good one.

As a child, seeing someone wear a smile similar to the one that Merevaika showed was always a foreshadowing of something bad to come. She was up to no good it seemed. Perhaps she wanted part of his kill? No... she was clearly more adapt at this sort of thing than Kei. She'd probably be able to score a much better catch than his. Though he did suppose that he distracted her; or rather his backpack distracted her.

Speak of which he assumed he must address her questions. It would be rude to just not respond and stare at her - his eyes always had the tendency to disturb others with their animalistic nature.

"My backpack is here only because I do not have a home. All I have is in that bag and the clothes on my back. As for the snake, I really have no need to eat the snake cooked, though it would be more desired than eating it as a bird." It wasn't obvious what this woman was trying to do, but if the signs and face were read properly, all people can be read like books. At least that was what Kei believed. It was also be easier if Kei was better at reading... oh well. The point was still there. "And also, if I didn't know any better - which I might not - it would seem that you would be very capable of taking me down," his eyes glanced quickly at Merevaika's waist, where her hand was currently making it's way towards, "It always would appear that you have another weapon that you've neglected to show me. A knife perhaps? I really don't know. All I can tell you is that you seem to know something I don't. Maybe you'd like to share with me what you're thinking?"

Kei knew that he was more than likely going to make Merevaika more embarrassed than she already seemed. It did appear earlier that she was trying to knock him down a peg, so it was only fair that he do the same, right?

NoteHaha, ahhhhhhhh this more like how I would react if I were in Kei's place, but it's close enough to how I want him to be. He'll probably be guilty for the rest of the thread. Poor baby. It was fun for me to type this, though I probably went overboard with it. Maybe a little. But I was watching Sweeney Todd while writing, so it was bound to be over done.
Kei
Always Confused

Words: 16985
Joined roleplay: April 22nd, 2015, 4:01 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Merevaika on May 17th, 2015, 8:44 pm

His eyes were disturbing. They had narrowed, staring at her. The light made the gold even brighter, and when Merevaika met his gaze she could see the little black flecks. They were too animal. It felt like she was looking into an eagle's eyes, and that the bird was staring back. Perhaps she was.

He countered her comments quickly. "My backpack is here only because I do not have a home. All I have is in that bag and the clothes on my back. As for the snake, I really have no need to eat the snake cooked, though it would be more desired than eating it as a bird." Merevaika furrowed her brow, rage building up. She should have taken the bag when she had the chance. Kei didn't seem like he wanted to cooperate the way she wanted him to.

"It always would appear that you have another weapon that you've neglected to show me. A knife perhaps? I really don't know. All I can tell you is that you seem to know something I don't. Maybe you'd like to share with me what you're thinking?" he added, eyes flicking to her hand that had lingered by her knife. Merevaika opened her mouth to retaliate, before stopping. With a movement displaying rage, she tore the knife out from its hiding place, dropping it at her feet.

"Should I do something else? Should tie my hands too? Am I that intimidating?" Merevaika replied, anger in her voice. She then let out a big sigh, relaxing a little. Neither meant the other harm, did they? She had been the one to start it, in a way, and she would be the one to finish it.

Her temper had subdued. Merevaika was surprised that it had done so so quickly, and that she had given up. But she hadn't, not really. She had no reason to squabble with this Kelvic, so ending it was the right thing to do. Better make friends, not enemies. Besides, she wanted to think that he found her intimidating. It made her more confident.

"Please, I apologise. Friends, not enemies. I just wished to have some food. I am not good hunter, though may look it. I miss often. I am loud, and cannot find animals. Trust me," she said softly. Her eyes only spoke truth, even though it hurt. Merevaika didn't tell people her flaws. But perhaps it would make Kei trust her, since she couldn't trick him. If only he would believe her though. If only he did realise that she no longer lied.
Pavi Common

Merevaika
Player

Words: 569615
Joined roleplay: November 8th, 2014, 9:33 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Kei on May 18th, 2015, 12:14 am

Kei stared a bit longer, "Please, I apologize. Friends, not enemies. I just wished to have some food. I am not good hunter, though may look it. I miss often. I am loud, and cannot find animals. Trust me." There was less of an aggressive tone spoken here, so Kei couldn't find anything to prove or deny her claim.

He sighed, turning back to pick up the backpack and the snake. "If what you say is true, I will share the snake; it is a bit much for me and I'd hate for all the time I put into it to be wasted because I couldn't eat all of the snake," he finally said after adjusted his backpack and placing the snake over his shoulder. "On one condition," his tone turned darker, showing forth more urgency, "I need a place to stay, just for a little while. A place that won't threaten my life." Kei's gazed flickered toward the knife and bow that lay at Merevaika's feet. "I'll give you some of the kill if you can find me a place to rest my head."

It was a fair trade in Kei's mind. Hopefully Merevaika would see it that way. Kei had been looking for somewhere to stay and this might be a semi-wonderful way to find somewhere. Granted he and this woman did become friends instead of enemies like she spoke about.

Kei wasn't completely set on the 'friend' things, but an ally would be good to have seeing as of the moment, Kei had nothing but some inanimate possessions which didn't really help him out besides what their initial uses were. It also appeared that Merevaika was a rather hard person to get along with - or at least, that's what Kei thought of her.

From what he could tell, Kei thought Merevaika would become rather irritating after a while - and he wasn't one to become bothered with someone so easily. She seemed to have a bad temper and a talent for getting on Kei's nerves. From how she was acting earlier, Kei wouldn't put it past her to possibly betray him if he put too much trust in her. So for now, Kei wouldn't invest too much in staying with her; she seemed dangerous, even if she said she wasn't.

Apologize/ApologiseInteresting, are you not from North America? Sorry for asking, but having the Grammar Nazi my mother is, I noticed that you spell it 'apologise,' the more Bristish/ Australian way of spelling apologize/apologise. I spell it the American/Canadian way as I am indeed American. Sorry if I'm just jumping to conclusions on this, but I noticed and had to ask.
Kei
Always Confused

Character sheet

Postby Merevaika on May 18th, 2015, 6:54 pm

ReplyYup! I'm British! From that comment I guess you are from North America! So yeah, I may spell differently to you. Hope that doesn't bother you!

Kei sighed, slinging his backpack across his shoulders and picking up the snake. He threw that over his shoulder too, replying, "If what you say is true, I will share the snake; it is a bit much for me and I'd hate for all the time I put into it to be wasted because I couldn't eat all of the snake." Merevaika was about to sigh out a thanks, but he continued, in a darker, more serious tone. "On one condition: I need a place to stay, just for a little while. A place that won't threaten my life. I'll give you some of the kill if you can find me a place to rest my head."

His gaze shifted to her weapons on the ground. So he still feared her, a little. Or didn't trust her. Either way, Merevaika wanted that to change. The weapons weren't weapons. She didn't use them to fight. She wanted Kei to understand.

"Please, no fear. Tools, not weapons. I use them to hunt, that is all." She spoke smoothly, her words unrushed but still sounding irregular. One day she would get the hang of this language. But now she had to cover her part of the deal: finding Kei somewhere to stay. Merevaika had only one idea, and she was certain that he wouldn't be the happiest with it.

"I sleep in tent. Used to hold four pavillion members, but now just me and my dog. Plenty of space. I could put blanket up to separate. Then two parts, one for me, one for you. Deal?" she asked, hoping that his need for somewhere to stay would be strong enough to accept it. She needed the food, and perhaps that would strengthen their relationship, and he would get more to share. Merevaika wouldn't mind that. "I swear on my Strider I will not let harm come to you." It was the strongest promise she could make. And for a Drykas, it was a strong one.
Pavi Common

Merevaika
Player

Words: 569615
Joined roleplay: November 8th, 2014, 9:33 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Kei on May 19th, 2015, 2:43 am

"I swear on my Strider that I will not let harm come to you."

Kei smiled slightly at this. So he was right about Pavi and the species it was associated with. The term 'Strider' told him that Merevaika was a Drykas.

Kei had remembered passing these people on their proud horses. These horeses were lovely and he often heard the guards speaking about how much a Strider would be worth to sell. Kei was unsure what the Strider was until a guard mentioned it to one of Drykas, motioning towards the horse that the person had been sitting upon. The man looked horrified that the guard would even suggest and Kei was almost positive that the guard wouldn't walk away from this. Surely enough, Kei could recall the dead guard being dragged away and they almost never spoke to the Drykas after that incident.

Returning from his thoughts, Kei nodding to Merevaika, changing his tone to be softer when he spoke again. "So you are a Drykas," he may as well start off with stated the obvious. Why not? "And to swear on your Strider. Considering the amount I know about Drykas - which, mind you, is very limited - you'd kill over your Striders. So I'll take you up on that."

This woman seemed sincere enough. At least they had both seemed to move on from the confrontation from a short while ago. Kei felt slightly guilty about taking up a hostile tone on this woman, but in all fairness, at the time, she posed quite the threat. Now, both Merevaika and Kei had lifted the threatening tones, not to mention Merevaika started to come off as wanted become friendlier. This was a good step in the right direction, though Kei was still a bit wary of putting too much trust in one person.

Perhaps this wasn't such a bad idea...

A SUPER LONG NOTICE that I probably should've just PMed to you. Eh.No, it's not a problem for me. I didn't even notice the spelling until I read over your post again while replying. Also, I'd like to mention that tomorrow is when I will be leaving for a Global competition until Sunday. I won't be bringing my laptop since I'm going states away and won't even be able to reply to anything if I did have. Since we have a rough five hour difference, I may respond after your post for tomorrow, but that will be all until I return home on Sunday. I feel like this is a good place to end the thread for now, unless you'd like to wait a week and then continue it?
Kei
Always Confused

Character sheet

Postby Aoren on May 26th, 2015, 3:06 am

Kei

Experience
Skill XP Earned
Hunting +1 EXP
Stealth +1 EXP
Tracking +1 EXP
Planning +3 EXP
Acting +1 EXP
Interrogation +2 EXP
Socialization +4 EXP
Negotiation +1 EXP
Persuasion +2 EXP

Lores
Lore Earned
Tracking: Following Grassland Snake Movements
Acting: Using Body Language To Convey Meaning
Pavi: Language of the Drykas
Merevaika: Grassland Hunter
Merevaika: Lives In A Tent
Merevaika: Temporary Tentmate
Merevaika: Drykas

Merevaika

Experience
Skill XP Earned
Hunting +1 EXP
Land Navigation +1 EXP
Tracking +1 EXP
Short Bow +1 EXP
Planning +2 EXP
Investigation +3 EXP
Socialization +4 EXP
Persuasion +3 EXP

Lores
Lore Earned
Tracking: Signs of Grassland Rabbits
Kelvic: They Take Many Forms
Kei: Eagle Kelvic
Kei: Very Observant
Kei: Temporary Tentmate

Notes :
If you have comments, questions or concerns please approach me at your earliest convenience. Don't forget to edit/delete your request in the request thread!
Aoren
Of things long forgotten...

Words: 1240868
Joined roleplay: August 27th, 2012, 4:26 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Previous