[Orin's Vlog] Confessions of a Cook

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This forum contains a new feature for Mizahar - Videos and Vblogs! Feel free to post your Videos, vblogs, chats, and comments here. Find us on Youtube under WritersRPG!

Postby Orin Fenix on May 9th, 2015, 11:48 pm

Against my better judgement I'm going to give this a shot. No promises I'll actually get it done, I'm terrible at this sort of thing. But like, I guess ask away? That's how this works right? I have no idea what you all want to know about Orin (or even if you do want to know about Orin) so I guess I'll let you all dictate the course of the conversation. Also be forewarned, I'll probably ramble a lot and be super awkward. It's going to be great fun guys!
Orin Fenix
Almost Iron But Actually Master Chef

Words: 1186489
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2015, 12:06 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Aventis on May 10th, 2015, 3:00 am

Just... Talk about Orin. Where he came from, his initial concept, why the hell you wanted to be a chef in a world of miscreants and murderers (oops I mean righteous orphan warriors), all the fun stuff. I want to know the basics. Please.

Credit to: Rhys for picture edit, Redd and Estellir Konrath for Boxcodes, and Fallon for Signature

Shameless self advertising. Feel free to make a request!

Aventis
Your brother in multiple arms

Words: 158586
Joined roleplay: October 22nd, 2014, 9:14 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Sayana on May 10th, 2015, 3:25 pm

About Orin:
- Why cooking?
- What's your favourite aspect of Orin's character?
- What are your long term goals for Orin?
- What's Orin's biggest flaw?
- What does Orin fear?
- What is a secret that Orin has never told anyone? (if it's truly a secret you don't have to share)

About the writer:
- What are you passionate about?
- What brought you to Mizahar?
- What are your favourite types of threads or themes to write about?
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Keene Ward on May 10th, 2015, 4:02 pm

Why play a "normal" character? What about the path of a little orphan chief with minimal social skills and a sweet disposition made you think that would be fun to play? (Not that it isn't)
    Have you ever tried out some of the recipes you've had Orin do?
    If you could have any super power, what would it be?
    If you were thrown into Mizahar via someone some how summoning you even though that wouldn't happen, who would you want to meet? Who wouldn't you want to me?
    What's your favorite race and why?
    If you were a pycon, what do you think you'd look like?
    If you had the option to master a magic or a martial skill, which would it be and why? Orin?
    You've been on the site for a solid amount of time. What are some of the best things about the site you can think of and why?
    When you're not writing, what do you do?
    What's your favorite kind of candy? What would Orin's favorite candy be?
    Would you rather run a marathon for free (just once) or get paid to never move from one spot again?
    What do you think the most important part of writing is?
    I see you've done solos. Quite a few solos. What kind of advice do you have for people writing solos?
    What do you think solos can do that writing with other people can't?
    Do you feel like your writing has improved since coming to Miz? Un-improved? In what way and why do you think?
    Who is your OTP (One True Pairing)? Who would you just hate to see together?
    What kind of things give you inspiration for Orin? To write in general?
    Boxers or briefs.
    What's your preferred type of music? What kind of music do you think Orin would like?
    What do you prefer to write best and why?
    Have you ever written Orin doing something that you later realized wasn't really IC? If so, how did you handle that?
    I know you wanted spiritism for Orin. What's the reason behind that?
    Would you ever consider writing another character more centered on magic? Or any other character at all?
    You've done a lot of grading (Sayana too!), and I was wondering what sort of threads do you like best to grade? What kind of things bother you? What kind of things really excite you?
    Do you remember the first person who helped you on Miz? If so who and how?
    What is one thing you'd love to say to Orin if you could meet him face to face?
    And finally: If you have seventeen apples and you feed some to an elephant with a penchant for eating in multiples of three with the except of fifteens and twenty ones, how many apples would you have left if there was a chimp who took half, returned four, ate two and gave the rest to an elephant?
Keene Ward
Chilly Wizard

Words: 1279864
Joined roleplay: October 16th, 2014, 2:16 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Character (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) One Million Words! (1)
2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2014 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Orin Fenix on May 11th, 2015, 12:21 am

I'm so so so sorry guys I should've probably split this up into multiple videos. It's long. Agh. Okay, so like, don't watch it please cause I sure haven't and I don't even know if it's English or coherent. But if you do, thanks so so so much! It was a lot more fun than I expected it to be.

EDIT: I guess I should start taking follow-up questions or new ones?
Orin Fenix

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Keene Ward on May 11th, 2015, 1:46 am

Mk, first: I didn't think you'd be so gosh darn adorable. My apologies if that's patronizing haha.

Your theatre experience definitely shows, and I thought you were super fun to watch! (Good answer on the boxers or briefs lol) I was dying when you talked about sheilding because we said "forcefields" at the same time and looooord did I feel creepy. Anyway, very interesting answers and insights! If I had know you didn't like talking about yourself, I would have asked way more personal questions. Now that I know, I'm a bit loathe to because I feel like it's expected haha.

Anywhay, I think probably the thing I'm most interested to see from you in the future is this exploration into communication through food. I know you've already been doing that, but I really, really like that about Orin (now that I'm acutely aware). It's a very fresh take on things, even if the idea itself is actually like... centuries old. I'm interested to see where that's going to take him.

You and I have a lot in common. Haha. Weird.
Keene Ward
Chilly Wizard

Words: 1279864
Joined roleplay: October 16th, 2014, 2:16 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Character (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) One Million Words! (1)
2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2014 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Orin Fenix on May 11th, 2015, 1:58 am

Well thank you very much for the kind words and thanks for actually taking the time to watch the whole thing. Also, for the record I don't actually mind personal questions it's just takes my mind a second to switch from Orin mode to me mode. So, fire away. I'm ready for you. I will withhold answers if they start to get too embarrassing. Which knowing you, they will.

Yeah I think the whole reaching people through their stomachs, so to speak, isn't something that I've been able to explore much because I've been getting his skills up in that level. Although, I have actually done threads where he's figured out that Nuit do have a sense of taste and tried to see whether the type of clay matter to Pycon. We'll see. I'm hoping to get more into that, maybe when Orin has settled down permanently. We'll see. I'm pretty sure many people on this site have a lot of similarities but I don't know. I'm glad we're similar though.

P.S. I'll take the adorable compliment.
Orin Fenix

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Nivel on May 12th, 2015, 4:42 am

I agree with Keene you're adorable :P
My signature question was stolen by keene >__> (question stealer) but I don't think you answered it. So what would Orin look like if he was transformed into a pycon?

What is your favourite fantasy book series?

What is your favourite race from other fantasy universes and do they remind you of any Mizahar races?

What is your favourite Mizahar monster?
Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Words: 461307
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Orin Fenix on May 12th, 2015, 7:41 pm

You're right and I shall correct this egregious error and answer your questions in my next vlog which will hopefully come up soon. So get your questions in fast folks. Also, thanks for the kind words from everyone who commented either here or in chat.
Orin Fenix

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes