Conflicting Elements (Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Conflicting Elements (Open)

Postby Kendall Saarinen on November 21st, 2010, 2:48 am

Timestamp: 20th of Autumn, 510 AV

The memories still stung. Nothing would change that. There was no place to return to at night. Kendall could not find solace even in the Temple of Laviku. He had never been exactly religious but he would have jumped at the chance to have somewhere to stay. He would no longer be welcome in places of worship though. The mark on his arm would make sure of that. He was becoming very aware of how little people liked Azenth by the dark looks he received when people saw the flaming mark on his arm. The strange thing was, he was proud of it. It was his safely and in a way it saved him. If it was not for the fire he would have killed his brother. The voice he had heard still played in his mind. It lined his blood with licking flames. He felt the flames in him and it was the only warmth he had.

Most days boiled down to one of two things. Kendall would either end up writing or he would read. The schooling he had received over the years still stuck strong with him even though he no longer received education from them. He wanted to keep himself from the bar today. He had been getting drunk a little too much lately. Kendall decided that he would head to the University. His only hope was that he would not see his parents or his sister. He was not sure if he would go inside. He did not feel as though he was ready. The fear of seeing his family was too much. Instead Kendall situated himself outside the great building and began to scribble in his notebook.

It has been thirty-seven days since the accident. I want to leave this town. It seems as though there is no place for me. The docks are run by affiliates of my brothers while the university is filled to the brim with the colleagues of my parents. On top of the adversity I meet in both places all over the city I am ostracized due to my mark on my arm. I value it higher than any possession on Mizahar though. There is nothing I want more than the warmth I feel from the fire that is now a part of me. When everyone else left me Ivak took me in. I hope to leave this town soon. I want to head to head north. Surely somewhere there will be a place for me. I know Avanthal and Syliras will not be too kind to me. In truth I am not sure anywhere will. I strive to find ground though. Possibly on my travels I will find others like me. I am sure there are others who hold the fire like I do. Somewhere in the Mountains my solace sleeps. For now I can only strive to find my own content. There is so much to see past the walls of Zeltiva. I have heard of the far off places but I have never seen them. I've heard of the strange races that dwell in the regions of the snow and the deserts, the jungles and the plains. I must travel but first I must find someone to travel with. I cannot leave Zeltiva alone. I am not skilled enough to travel on my own accord. It will be hard to find companions but I will strive non the less. There cannot be aversion in everyone heart for the Azenth. I must find those noble few who are not blinded by the mistakes Ivak has made. There is always a way to be new. Ivak gave me my way and I shall make it so he can as well. At least i would like to try.
Signed,
K.S.S

When his writing was over Kendall flipped through the past pages. The scribbled poetry and the tear stained entries of his own thoughts seemed to be the only dialogue he saw at times. He had taken for granted his endless rows of books. They were still there, waiting in his room. Of course it get them he would have to be female again. As far as Kendall knew that would not happen for a while. He was still unsure of what had happened to make him loose his body. He looked down at his arm to see the winding flames. A warm feeling came to him and offered a bit of comfort. It seemed at times it was the only thing that did that for him.
Last edited by Kendall Saarinen on November 30th, 2010, 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm burning and I'm blacking my lungs.
Boy you know it feels good with fire back on your tongue."
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen
Like John Allerdyce but hotter

Words: 595666
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2010, 1:04 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Conflicting Elements (Ellesaire, Open)

Postby Ramesh on November 22nd, 2010, 8:58 pm

Like anyone who believed fully in their religion without questioning it Ramesh planned on converting this human from whatever Religion he currently was.
Ramesh occasionally passed through the university to try and convert the occasional person and merhaps teach someone something today was just one of those days. He noticed this depresed looking blonde kid playing (Or atleast that's what it looked like Ramesh) with some odd marking. Oh Young People these days do the silliest things. The Jamouran thought to himself he adjusted his hat that was on his head and licked his finger and tried to wipe a stain off his shirt then he started to approach the man. (Yeah Jamourans don't normally wear pants) He cleared his 350 year old throat and then said "Excuse me young man but are you have you ever heard of Caiyha?"
Ramesh
Player

Words: 5046
Joined roleplay: June 16th, 2010, 1:22 am
Race: Jamoura
Character sheet

Postby Kendall Saarinen on November 24th, 2010, 12:38 am

This was strange. Kendall knew all about Jamoura from his studies at the university. He had never met one before though. He did not think he would ever meet one in Zeltiva of all places. The Jamoura seemed to catch his eye in more ways than one though. He was wearing clothing and a hat. From what Kendall knew Jamoura were not usually clothed. "Such an interesting creature, especially so far from the Spires."

Of course Kendall knew who Caiyha was. She was all around them of course. She was a part of the birds that few into the city and the dogs that the Zeltivans kept as companions. Kendall turned his eyes to the Jamoura. "Yes, I have heard of Caiyha. She is a very beautiful Goddess from my understanding. She is in fact all around us." Kendall was not sure why this Jamoura was asking him about the Goddess of nature. It was quite the random question especially in a city where people worshiped Laviku. His entire family worshiped the water God but Kendall never felt the connection. He had faked it for the sake of his family for a while. His brothers were both sailors and it made sense that the Saarinen family would want to appease Laviku.

The out of the blue question did strike a bit of fear into Kendall though. People did not ask about faith unless they were going to question it. Although Kendall found Caiyha's creations beautiful he did not worship her. From his studies he knew that almost all Jamoura worshiped her though. For good reason too. He respected the creatures for their faith. Of course if this creature was going to try and convert him that would be a completely different issue. Kendall would not leave Ivak no matter what the Jamoura said. The God had been there for him when no one else was. "If I may ask Jamoura, what brings the question up?"
Last edited by Kendall Saarinen on November 30th, 2010, 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Miya on November 24th, 2010, 9:53 am

She was tired of all the running around. Rain from the last few days got her favorite pink dress dirty so she had to change into the white one, with her hair barely tied up and eyes all over the place. She was hungry, and knowing this part of the world, she would find something or someone to eat.
Her sharp, animal senses were catching something, like a human voice somewhere within this place so she slowly started moving towards it, hoping she won't trip over something like she usually does while in her human form.
I wonder if there are humans around here.... it seems a bit too dirty for them... or well, maybe I just don't know them well enough... Let's check that out, shall we...
Mumbling to herself as she felt a branch scratching her perfectly pale skin "Argh, I should have been a cat, not a freaking Kelvic...."
When will I be unleashed?
It's not the way it should be.
Yearning again only to be myself
When I'm free...

Unleash my consciousness, please...
Miya
Player

Words: 19634
Joined roleplay: November 21st, 2010, 10:49 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ramesh on November 26th, 2010, 12:49 am

"I was wondering if you'd consider converting or perhaps wishing Caiyha and whatever god you currently wish" Ramesh was hoping this youngster didn't worship Rhysol or any other god like that but then again if he was a worshipper of Rhysol he probably would have killed Ramesh moments ago and the university would probably be on fire in the background as he wandered away. But Ramesh shook his head and cracked a single knuckle trying to get the imaginary picture of that out of his head. "If not perhaps you are of age to come to the Tavern and have a drink with me? I always like company especially a good listener." His eyes drifted as he noticed a strange girl who appeared to have yellow eyes or some other odd color walking towards them. Noticing her lips move he said "What was that you spoke of?"
Ramesh
Player

Character sheet

Postby Miya on November 27th, 2010, 11:25 am

Miya pouted lightly and waved at the Jamoura Um, hey there.... nothing important... I was just passing by slowly pushing her hair back and sniffing.
It was a bit unfair that she did so, but she couldn't help herself. Pretty much anything at this stage smelled like food to her
Do you, by any chance, know if there are some deers around here?, she whispered lightly, her eyes wandering around as she stepped a bit closer to the two talking. It was obvious that she was not a human, and even more obvious that she was quite hungry
I'm sorry if I seem distracted..... It has been a long journey
When I'm free...

Miya
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kendall Saarinen on November 27th, 2010, 8:27 pm

I slight glare took over Kendall's eyes. He had very high respect for Caiyha but never for even a moment would he dream of switching his alliance from Ivak to another God. "Caiyha is a wonderful Goddess. You are a perfect example of her power as I am sure you know. I think I shall stick to my own beliefs though. I must say, I cannot turn down an offer to the Tavern. That is if you are paying of course." A small smile appeared on Kendall's face. He did not smile often. It was an emotion wasted on a man who truly did not feel in place anywhere. The thought of fufilling his nagging addiction to alcohol was always a reason to smile, especially if he did not have to pay for it. "I must say, it would be a treat to speak with a Jamoura. I have heard those of your spieces are extremely well learned and of course live much longer than other races. I'm sure you have much knowledge to share." It was a bit odd for Kendall to be so social with another person. He was used to being much more quiet. He could not afford to pass up a meeting with a Jamoura though.

To Kendall's surprise another person walked up. She looked human enough except for her eyes. They were a yellow hue to animalistic to be human. The Jamoura seemed to be social enough with the girl so Kendall followed suit. "Hello. Sadly you will not find deer here. This is a port city, no wildlife. You might have some luck in the Wildlands though." Kendall looked at the girl quizically. He must have learned something at the University that could explain what this girl was, he just could not put his finger on it.
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Ramesh on November 27th, 2010, 9:05 pm

"Ah well I'm not gonna force you into a conversion or anything. " He looked the gl from head to toe. "You seem ill perhaps you'd like to stop by my house my wife makes excellent beef stew not like venison but still edible." he cracked a knuckle and looked at a bird flying over head then turned his gaze to the girl again. "Of course if you are of age I'd gladly pay if you are interested in going to the tavern with me and my new friend" he turned his head to Kendall "what was it you said your name was?" He coughed into his hand "Regardless of what your name was your knowledge of Jamoura is correct rarely will you find a Jamoura eager to fight and yes we live longer than any other species infact I have a few friends who were alive during Valterrian." with that he stood up and clicked his boots together some dirt fell from the bottom of them "Shall we head to my house or the tavern?" He said to Miya looking deeply into her yellow eyes.
Ramesh
Player

Character sheet

Postby Miya on November 27th, 2010, 9:56 pm

Miya smiled softly at the Jamoura. Indeed it was a pleasure to talk to one of those, even though she did not know how to read or write, she was intelligent, in her own way, and these creatures have always been interesting to her, and not in a "meal" kind of way
I am quite mature for my kind, so the tavern works fine for me...thank you for inviting me...oh and my name is Miya, just for the record

Lightly tying her hair back she moved her hands down her dress, trying to shake the dirt off of it, which worked... mostly...
And yes, beef stew is not as good as venison, but something like it will do fine.... These long journeys along the regions like this one can be quite tiering..

Tilting her head at the man, she nodded in a respectful manner and whispered warmly You know quite a bit about this part of the world it seems.... you are from around here? or you study a lot?
When I'm free...

Miya
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kendall Saarinen on November 27th, 2010, 11:06 pm

Kendall was not very keen on going to other's houses, especially the one's of people he had just recently met. Although he as sure this Jamoura was not going to harm him, as Jamoura rarely harmed a soul, he could not bring himself to agree to a household meeting. The last time he had followed a stranger to their so called "home" the accident had taken place. His mismatched eyes grew wide at the memory of that horrid night. A shiver shook him from his nightmarish daydream and he shook his head vigorusly. At times he wished he could just erase the memories from his head but the then the memory of Ivak's voice would be gone as well. "I think it would be best if we went to the tavern. I would really like some beer, no I need some beer." Kendall was well aware of his growing addiction to alcohol but he chose to feed it instead of trying to end it. It helped to numb the pain of his memories and the lack of connections he had with the people he once loved. When he was drunk there was no pain, only a feeling of a lack of self. He felt detatched when he was drunk and in his situation that was all he really wanted.

Kendall did not like to give out his name. Too many people asked the question "Oh, do you know there is another Kendall Saarinen here in town? Have you met her? Strange, it does not seem like a common name!" It only put salt in his wounds, metaphorically of course. "It's Kendall." He would not let on more than that. Kendall was already a girly sounding name, he did not need to advertise his last name too. It was better not to be known well. He looked over at the girl with the yellow eyes. "I was born here so yes, I know a lot about the area. I used to study at the university daily but... not anymore." Kendall moved his hand over his mark and sighed. "Let's head to the Tavern, I really need a drink."
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook