[Tebridiar/Kayiri] Shopping With Old and New Friends

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Tebridiar on December 2nd, 2010, 6:06 pm

Wait?

They werent behind her.

Tebridiar was holding her new purchases tightly, making sure they wouldn't drop out of her hand. It was rare for her to have any new clothes, and she was very pleased. She weaved in and out of the crowds of busy people, and finally she saw Edalene and Kayiri.

Something told her not to just charge in. She waited, figuring out the situation. They appeared to be intently focused on eachother. Tebridiar smiled. They were holding hands, Kayiri looked pleased with himself and Edalene looked like she'd just found a thousand gold mizas shoved in her pocket.

Love?

Quite possibly. This made her happy. Edalene was, deep down, a nice friendly girl who was obviously enamoured with Kayiri. And Kayiri, well, he was a proud man, who was determined as well as kind. Hopefully they would one day find what they needed in eachother. Tebridiar decided to wait at the sidelines for them to finish what they were doing.

Searching for that special one.
Tebridiar
She who Returned

Words: 108919
Joined roleplay: October 30th, 2010, 10:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Kayiri on December 24th, 2010, 8:28 am

He had to admit, he found a little bit of sadistic entertainment in the embarrassed squirm his quick, spur-of-the-moment decision had created. There was something about having that sort of emotional pull over someone that gave him a bit of a rush. It wasn't a destructive rush, just one of realization.

Squeeze the man did. His green eyes smiled at her as she rambled on about how she rambled, apologizing multiple times for multiple things he simply didn't care about. "Stop apologizing," was all Kayiri spared her, still smiling that surprisingly gentle smile that didn't fit the warrior one bit. "There was nothing rude or impolite about your actions. What in the world gave you that idea?" Kayiri then asked curiously, arching an eyebrow at her lazily. When the beautiful young woman made a self-deprecating comment on her lack of skill with the blade, Kayiri swooped in to save the non-existent, metaphorical pieces that fell to the ground with a kind, and true, comment. "You're too modest, Edalene! You're a warrior, by blood and by trade! Stop bashing your apparent lack of skill, because I'm damn certain you're better off than ninety percent of those nose-pickers I teach in the War Pavilion. All right?"

He did something a little odd, then. He let go of her hand, but the affection was quickly returned to her in another form. Muscular arms snaked around Edalene's waist, pulling her into a gentle, affectionate embrace. Kayiri held the object of his affections for only a few seconds, using the contact as a way to make his point more firm and clear. Confidently, he separated, turning around. A pang of uncomfortable feelings shot through his chest as he realized Tebridiar had been watching for the last bit of the affair, but it brief as well as slight. The man approached her silently, nodding at her when he closed.

"I found a leatherworker," he then declared proudly. A finger pointed ahead of them, to a Ruby clan Pavilion. Racks stood in front of the Pavilion, leather situated on them quite securely. Resin bubbled in vats over fire as men and women dipped strips of leather, freshly tanned from the hides of fallen beasts from the hunt, into them, hardening them, covering them in the thin, blue, plastic-like layer that the Drykas were so familiar with. This same Pavilion had caught Kayiri's eye a season ago, and it had taken every bit of his self control to not spend every last miza in his purse on a suit of armor. Now, however, he did not have to suffer such constraints. He had more than enough, he was certain, to purchase a suit of armor worthy of an Ankal!

Breaking into a hurried pace, Kayiri approached the Pavilion, feeling his heavy coinpurse under his shirt, checking to make sure that his female companions were still indeed behind him. Check and check. The Drykas entered, scanning the room before him thoroughly with his green eyes, looking for the most notable crafter in the room.
Kayiri
The Prideful Drykas

Words: 114225
Joined roleplay: December 21st, 2009, 2:35 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Edalene on December 26th, 2010, 12:04 pm

Eda's heart sped up as Kayiri squeezed her hand tightly. So, ah, not a dream after all. Petch. She melted just a little as he smiled his gentle smile, a smile which she thought was stunning, at her, and began to say so loving things about her. Eda, you were supposed to be nonchalant and distancing yourself from the attractive man! Not melting! Mentally telling herself to shut up, Eda focuesed on what he was saying, gradually getting used to the wonderful feeling of his bigger hand in hers. "To be honest, Kayiri," she began, blushing a little (if she could blush anymore!) when she said his name, "You gave me that idea. The way you spoke to me, when telling me to speak Pavi, made me feel... to be honest... a little reprimanded. My apologies were necessary, but still."

But Kayiri's comment on her warrior ability instantaneously cleared up any hurt from that previous occurance. He thought she was a warrior! By blood and trade! He believed that she was better than several he had seen! "Thank you, Kayiri! It means much to hear you, a sword instructor, award such high praise!" Eda realised he hadn't seen her fight. Eda, where was your independence? She needed to get back some of her... gumption. So, she boldy put herself out there. "Kayiri, you have not seen me fight. Perhaps we could rectify this? Perhaps one day, soon, we could spar together?" Eda's breath wooshed out. Had she just asked him on a date? Gods, she had. She hoped he did not ignore her, or turn her down. She waited anxiously for his reply.

Eda's heart felt as if it were about to jump out of her chest when he pulled her into a warm embrace. She gulped at the feel of his strong arms wrapped around her waist. Petch, what was it one did in these situations? Eda slowly, hesistantly, for fear of rejection, reached up and wrapped her slender arms around his body, clinging close and tight for a moment, when he released her. She smiled shyly at him, before turning and seeing Tebridiar, watching them, smiling. Take that, Tebs. I got a hug!

Walking up to Tebs, smiling, Eda began to converse with her. She felt much more comfortable with the other girl knowing Kayiri saw her only as a little sister. "Tebridiar, we seem to have lost you! But you're back now, and Kayiri seems to have found us a leather worker!" Eda spoke in good Common, smiling back at Kayiri, feeling so elated than she had been for a while. Eda walked alongside the younger girl, following Kayiri into the Ruby Clan Pavillion. Eda had been here once before, as a young girl, when her father had needed a new suit of leather armour before a hunt. Eda still remembered the craftsman her father had used, and scanned the Pavillion for the man in question. Ah! There he was, still looking as muscly and intimidating as ever. She walked up to Kayiri, and pointed towards him. "Kayiri, is this the man you were looking for? If I remember correctly, he is one of the most accomplished crafstmen here. What was it you wished to buy?"
Edalene
Something more.

Words: 160500
Joined roleplay: October 30th, 2010, 9:01 am
Character sheet

Postby Tebridiar on January 15th, 2011, 12:19 pm

Tebridiar was very happy that the people weren’t too bitter about her randomly taking off and leaving them.

She did have a habit of… wandering off.

“A leatherworker?” Tebridiar replied, smiling. “Great! I need some hardier stuff… Most of my clothes are made of cloth.” She looked down at her only leather possessions, her little trousers and light shoes. “Maybe some new boots or something… these are getting a little small!”

At her strange growth rate, Tebridiar tended to grow out of things in about 3 months maximum. But her feet were slowing down, she wouldn’t grow much more. She hoped.

She didn’t have the money to buy new clothes constantly.

She reached over and whispered to Edalene. “And sorry if I interrupted your little, um… moment there!” She gave a little giggle, and kind of squeak. “I didn’t mean it, honestly. I just don’t have much experience with that sort of stuff… But maybe one day it’ll happen for me too.”

She was a kelvic, after all. She had to bond sometime.

Searching for that special one.
Tebridiar
She who Returned

Words: 108919
Joined roleplay: October 30th, 2010, 10:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Kayiri on March 14th, 2011, 12:54 am

Talk about interrupting. Kayiri simply gave a short little grunt to Tebridiar, leading their group into the Pavilion. His eyes helplessly danced around until Edalene gave them direction, pointing them to the one leatherworker he would need. Perfect. He knew this man was capable of producing armor of the highest quality, armor that he would need to stave off the blows of those who would seek to do him harm. A quick conversation was had with the man, one discussing specifications, and it wasn't long before they were trying on different pieces, seeing which would fit his frame the best with adjustments. When one was found, the transaction was made-- seventeen golden rimmed mizas and five silvers. Kayiri left that day with a smile on his face. But first, there was one more order of business to take care of.

"Edalene?" he asked softly, "do you need to purchase anything from here, since we're here? Armor is always a wonderful idea, lest you wish to become as marred by scars as I!"
Kayiri
The Prideful Drykas

Words: 114225
Joined roleplay: December 21st, 2009, 2:35 am
Character sheet
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Edalene on March 14th, 2011, 1:25 am

Edalene stood slightly off and to the side, watching with a slight smile. Kayiri looked good as he tried on the pieces of the famous leather armour that was worn so often by the hardy Drykas. She felt bad that Tebridiar was ignored by the man as he gave her a grunt only in recognition. She couldn't blame the man, she was kind of irritating and chirpy and everything annoying, but still, so was Eda. She smiled lightly at her, still not approaching. If Kayiri himself was not going to approach her, she wasn't either. She felt mean in doing so, but she wanted his favour - that was, after all, the entire purpose of the trip.

She watched as the final touches to the armour was made, not really wanting to involve herself unnecessarily in the conversations of the men. He looked happy as he handed over the sum he had to pay, purchasing the outfit of the true Drykas warrior. He looked good in it. She was glad she got what she wanted. As he made his way over to her once more, she cleared her throat and gestured outside as if to say 'We're off now?' She paused however if he asked, softly, if she wanted anything.

It was tempting to get the armour. He was right, Drykas armour was always a must for one of their race, but, to be honest ... when was she going to use it? She was not a proper warrior, not yet, she never went out and tested her skills, only training endlessly alone. But the allure of having the armour, perhaps that would make her more willing to go out and fight? Plus, it would look good in front of Kayiri if she bought it. "Uh, I wouldn't mind getting myself some of that armour?" The statement lilted into a question as if she wanted Kayiri's approval.

Without waiting for him to respond, she walked up to the crafter and went through the exact same process Kayiri had gone through - fittings, conversation, measurement. Finally she handed over the same price as Kayiri and waltzed out the Pavillion, smiling, still wearing the armour as she didn't really want to carry it. She grinned at Kayiri, and a shiver ran down her spine as their hands interlocked. She interwove her fingers through his, blushed, but didn't look at him as they walked out of the pavillion together, with Tebridiar hanging behind. Kayiri most certainly would be featured in her future.

END.

ledger :
17gm 5sm for the armour.
Edalene
Something more.

Words: 160500
Joined roleplay: October 30th, 2010, 9:01 am
Character sheet

Postby Ganmedo on April 8th, 2011, 7:05 pm

Blessings from the Cupbearer

Edalene

XP:

Navigation + 1

Lore:

The awkward turtle
Tebridiar
Language barriers
Holding hands
The cattiness of little girls

Tebridiar

XP:

Navigation + 1

Lore:

Splendid-looking horses are splendid-looking
The art of streaking
Edalene
Language barriers
A horse's pride

Kayiri

XP:

Navigation + 1

Lore:

Sleeping naked
Dealing with multiple women
Awkward confessions
Drykas shops

COMMENTS:

Tebridiar, subtract 10 silver mizas from your purse.
Kayiri, subtract 17 gold mizas and 5 silver mizas from your purse.
Edalene, subtract 17 gold mizas and 5 silver mizas from your purse.

Well done, guys. Not much in the way of XP, but an enjoyable read.
Ganmedo
The Cupbearer

Words: 7348
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2011, 8:37 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Previous