Flashback [Sayana] Alone In the Sandstone City

A bad business venture goes even worse.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A half-collapsed city of alabaster and gold fiercely governed by Eypharians. Even partially ruined, it is the crown of the desert and a worthy testament to old glories and rising powers.

[Sayana] Alone In the Sandstone City

Postby Zephari on May 23rd, 2015, 5:22 pm

Sayana's offer was temping, but greedy, as should have been honestly expected. Pondering the offer, Zephari looked around, she realized that as annoying and against her beliefs parading as a slave is, it would be incredibly effective. It would let her get her work done hear much quicker, and with greater likelihood of success. Opening her bag, she examined her gems. The darker red ones, known as eytoklites, where her most valuable gems, purely by their names sake. Well I don't think that would be too unreasonable... Though I can see her resemblance to her father now, shrewd and smart... Fine.

"Agreed, I will give you the smaller but higher quality of my Eyktolites, on one condition" Zephari replied, going into negotiation mode. She reached into her bag and pulled out the milky, fiery red crystal, which was the size of a tennis ball. "On the condition that you specifically get this sold. This is opal, fire opal. Its unusual to find normal white or blue opals larger than a thumb nail, and opal in general is very rare. In fact this is the only one I've ever found that would be worth selling. I actually have no idea how much it is worth, but I see it possibly going for royalty levels of mizas."

Zephari carefully places the gem back in its cloth pouch within the bag. "And no, not all of this money goes to me, it was only by the help of my caravan that I was able to find all but one of these, so they get most of it. If you can do that the eyktolite is yours." she claimed, adding the caravan part to help solidify her story about the previous day. Zephari grimaced at the thought of acting as a slave, but it faded when she thought about the pure amount of money it could make for her caravan, her friends.

"But be ready for more trouble, I think your father also knows the value of the opal, and he doesn't strike me as one to give up easily. So as a slave do I keep my own name or am I given one?" Zephari asked, standing up, antsy to get going.

OOC NotesLOTTA diablouge this time, but felt it was needed. Zephari is a slightly talkative person thanks to her race, so just deal with it. Also I have a feeling that the idea of that opal may end up causing a greed reaction from Sayana, so go ahead if you feel it would fit. Have fun with this I say, since its just a flashback and doesn't have a huge effect on our character in the long run.

Zephari
The Collector

Words: 107646
Joined roleplay: February 22nd, 2015, 7:27 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Sayana on May 23rd, 2015, 7:20 pm

Sayana nodded at the benshira’s condition. Clearly the opal, the fire opal was worth a lot and probably more than all the other stones combined. Though the Eypharian suspected the black ones would also fetch a fair price. It was curious how this caravan worked but Sayana supposed that the other members helped keep them safe and well fed while those with sellable goods brought in money for the rest of them.

At Zephari’s question about a slave’s name, Sayana answered, “You can keep your own. Unless you think it’s been slandered about the marketplace. Did you just visit Jelani’s stall or did you try your luck at other stalls too? If you did, well I’m going to have to explain that you went off without my permission. But now that I’m here I can vouch for the quality of the gems.” Sayana had already begun weaving a plausible story and explanation, had Zephari visited the other merchants. They would fare better if she hadn’t but even with a disguise and owner, the merchants would surely remember the gems the benshira had, particularly the fire opal.

The Eypharian got to her feet and sheathed the dagger that had been on the table before looking Zephari up and down. “You look decent. At least you’re not shabby.” Earlier Sayana had noticed some dislike at the mention of pretending to be a slave but it hadn’t lasted on the benshira’s features. Hopefully that meant she realized the benefit of the act. “You’ll refer to me as Mistress, or Mistress Sayana,” she continued. “You’ll keep your head down or looking at me. You may compliment me or thank me or even be a respectful slave and kiss my hand. But only one of my low hands. Do not attempt to reach or touch one of my mids or highs.” She gestured clearly first with her low hands and then with her other four hands as she explained.

“You’ll do as I bid and you’ll also keep the insides of your wrists from view. This is typically the place where slaves are marked and I don’t think you’d like that done to you. Is everything clear?” Sayana waited for a clear affirmation from the benshira. If she was going to play this game she wasn’t going to have the benshira blunder through and make a mess of it. If that was going to be the case, Sayana might as well just go home now.

With a nod, Sayana led the way to the Pavilion. As she passed one of the stalls, an ornate fan caught her eye. That’s what she was missing. She quickly purchased the accessory and handed it to the benshira. “You’ll keep me cool?” Sayana asked in what was more like a statement than anything else. She grimaced as she caught sight of her father’s stall at the far end. He was one of the few here that dealt in luxury goods. That’s when she realized she had not been taking the right approach at all.

“I’ve been doing this wrong. We need to go to the Street of Emeralds. Come.” It only took a couple of chimes to reach the side street off of the large pavilion area. As they reached the first shop Sayana opened the door and only as she stepped through did she realize she should have gotten Zephari to hold the door open. There were many locked boxes presumably filled with jewelry and various mirrors about the room. To one side was a desk with a clerk or jeweler seated at it and two chairs in front of it for customers.

As Sayana approached she gave a slight cough and a subtle gesture to the chairs expecting Zephari to pick up the hint. However, should she try to sit in the other empty chair, she would be met with a sharp scolding and being told to kneel on the floor.

OOCA bit long, but I wanted to get us to the next location. I'm also playing with the whole slave theme. If you want extra excitement, you could have someone follow them from the pavilion but I think there will plenty going on.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Zephari on May 23rd, 2015, 8:23 pm

Zephari reported that she had only gone to one other seller, whom she had actually been able to sell one gem to, so she did not feel a need to come up with a disguise name. She followed Sayana out into the market, making sure to keep her eyes down and away from others, even hunching her back slightly.

When Sayana gave her the fan and ordered her to keep the eypharian cooled, it took an obvious effort to not make a rude retort. Keep it cool... Acting out now will only make things worse. Taking a deep breath the benshira composed herself and began to fan Sayana, again still keeping her eyes on her, and keeping her wrists covered by the cuffs of her shirt.

When Sayana mentioned the Street of Emeralds, Zephary replied; "I had tried to get into that market before, but as I wasn't... like you they wouldn't let me. Maybe now with your help mistress that will work." With Zephari acting as a slave they made it into the Street of Emeralds just fine, and walked into the first good looking shop they found. Sayana opened the door first, walking in confidently. Should I have done that? Shoot I hope we don't get caught! Zephari immediately took a quick glance around the shop, looking for what type of gem shop this was. In the few glass display cases there was a lot of gold and silver, socketed with blue and green gems, with the occasional black gem. Zephari nodded toward that specific case, hoping Sayana would notice.

Taking a seat at the front counter, Sayana gave a slight cough, looking at the floor. Zephari did not automatically realize the meaning, and almost sat in the other chair. Just ticks before doing so, she noticed rounded scuff marks on the ground next to Sayana's chair, Oh yeah slaves kneel next to their masters... Well its good my knees are so tough then... She kneeled down next to Sayana, and said; "Good choice of stores mistress.."

The man at the front was a four armed eypharian. He turned around from his work as soon as Sayana sat down, and asked, in a true salesman tone, "What can I do for you today? Looking for some jewelry to match that beautiful skirt?, or perhaps something to go with that pair of daggers you have there?".

Zephari opened her bag, in a way that only Sayana could see into it from Zephari's position. She made sure to only show the two Jaspers and the Dragusium in the bag, hoping that Sayana would take the hint.

OOC NoteDon't worry about long posts with me Sayana. I am the type of person that reads the Silmarillion when I get bored. I may have another attempt at your father stealing my gems again, but later if at all.

Zephari
The Collector

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Sayana on May 23rd, 2015, 10:47 pm

Sayana smiled at the cool breeze from the fan. Yes, this is why the wealthy chose to have attendants at their beck and call. She couldn’t help but relish in the attention. When Zephari explained that she had attempted to get into the Street of Emeralds but couldn’t, it made sense. Merchants of wealthy customers wouldn’t want loose benshira scum littering their streets. As they entered the benshira seemed to look curiously at some of the gems in the jewelry display. However, Sayana paid little heed since she was too busy putting on the appearance of a confident slave owner and merchant.

When Zaphari did not pull out the chair for her to sit upon, Sayana pursed her lips but still held herself with much grace as did it herself. “New slaves aren’t always the brightest,” she spoke in an offhanded tone but was glad that the benshira at least had the sense to kneel at her feet. When the salesman spoke, Sayana returned a genuine smile. “I am looking for some new jewelry, but not today.” She began with the promise of a potential customer.

“No, today a special shipment of gems came in and there are a couple of stones here that I think would particularly interest you,” Sayana spoke trying to sound both articulate and knowledgeable on the subject. Unfortunately she had no idea how much the gems were worth and only had the ball park value of 40 gm for one of the eyktolites. When Zephari opened the bag, her eyes immediately fell on the large black stones. Here, the pure black hue of Dira was highly valued and Sayana thought she’s start with these.

Despite its weight, Sayana pulled the black jasper smoothly out from the bag and placed it on the desk. The salesman looked curiously at the stone and nodded to himself. “That’s a sizeable black jasper you have there,” he said. Sayana gave a slight smile and a nod. She was glad she no longer had to guess what the type of stone was. “I’m looking to sell it for fifty gold mizas,” she stated calmly. At first there was confusion on his face and then he let out a laugh. “Fifty? I could get one of those for ten or maybe fifteen if there weren’t many in supply.”

Sayana tried to keep her face relaxed to hide her error. “And yet, it’s your jewelry with black gems that always sell out first. Am I correct?” She countered and the salesman frowned. “Forty mizas,” Sayana reoffered. “I’m not going more than twenty-five,” was his stiff reply. “Ah, but I have a special deal for you. Thirty-five each if you buy both of these.” It was then that Sayana pulled out the second black jasper of similar size. “You wouldn’t want me to sell these to one of the other jewelers, would you?”

She left the offer hanging as she sat back in her chair trying to appear relaxed. In contrast, her heart was pounding in her chest hoping that she’d manage a decent price out of them. “A little breeze?” She murmured quietly to Zephari as she waited for the salesman’s decision.

After what felt like several chimes, the salesman relented. He tallied up the coins and handed them over in a small purse. “That will be all,” Sayana said as she stood up to take the coins. With a slight nudge of her foot, or almost a kick in Zephari’s direction, Sayana hoped that the benshira would have the sense to get the door this time as they left the shop. Once they were outside, Sayana let out a breath that she hadn’t realized she’d been holding.

“Satisfied?” Sayana asked wondering what the benshira thought of the haggling. “Do I get a kiss from my favourite slave?” She asked cheekily as she held out her low left hand. It wasn’t obvious whether she was mocking or being serious.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Zephari on May 24th, 2015, 12:27 am

Sayana and the dealer haggled back and forth several times, Sayana eventually pulling out the second jasper. She made a final offer and then requested to be fanned. Again it took some effort to not say something rude, but Zephari stood up and fanned the eypharian's neck lightly, making the breeze go around the back of her neck and down over her shoulders.

The merchant eventually caved, and bought the gems. As the deal was sealed, the benshira smiled, and looked happily at Sayana, knowing that if this was kept up, she would be able to make more than enough money for her caravan. As Sayana pocked the seventy gold mizas, and approached the door. Zephari rushed in front of her, getting the door this time before she would even have to ask. Not making that mistake twice!

After exiting the store, Sayana asked; "Satisfied?". Zephari nodded her head quickly smiling, and her smile did not even fade as Sayana requested a kiss to her hand. Zephari did so, actually meaning the kiss making it look very real.

Looking up, Zephari said very quietly; "That was great mistress Sayana. You started a little high, but that was a good price to start with, especially with the double sale move." Taking a quick glance around for another shop, but not finding any that looked fitting for the rest of the gems. "Next we should find the nicest shop here, but you shouldn't open with the opal, start with the Dragusium and an Eyktolite. At thirty and forty." Zephari said, shouldering her bag and resuming fanning Sayana, waiting for her que to move onto the next shop.

"And I'll try to watch for more slavey things that I missed... Sorry mistress..." she said, putting on a fake frown. This isn't too bad, at least I am getting much higher prices this way than I normally would!

Zephari
The Collector

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Sayana on May 24th, 2015, 2:05 am

Sayana gave a shiver of delight as the benshira bent to kiss her hand. And the complement that followed only fed her hunger for attention. She listened to Zephari’s next plan for the gems. They would do well to find the best of the jewelry shops next and the Eypharian gave a slight nod in agreement. She lingered an extra chime as she enjoyed the soft breezes from the fan and considered the remaining stones to sell. The Eyktolite was the darker red, and the fire opal the lighter. Dragusium was either the blue or the green but she suspected the green for some reason. It was probably the most interesting but least pretty of them.

“You’re doing better,” Sayana commented simply at Zephari’s apology. Then looking around the street she said, “This way.” She led the way past several shops, for Ahnatep had no shortage of jewelry shops, and at last stopped at one with an immaculate display of necklaces, rings, bracelets and anything else one could imagine. There were even strange specialized pieces that weren’t obvious as to how they would adorn the Eypharian. “I believe this is where the greatest Semhu dancers get jewelry for their costumes.”

She waited for her slave to get the door and was pleased when Zephari promptly played the role of the slave and helped Sayana get seated. “You have the step of a dancer,” the female Eypharian at the desk commented. “Ah, but I also have an offer that might be hard to resist,” Sayana replied getting straight to the point. With a gesture to Zephari to lift up and open the bag, Sayana reached in to produce the larger Eyktolite and the Dragusium. “These are good quality stones that I am selling at forty and thirty gold mizas accordingly,” Sayana offered as she pointed to each in turn.

The jeweler looked at each with mild interest, or perhaps mild disinterest would be a better term. Sayana let her consider the offer for a couple of moments before interrupting the merchant’s thoughts. Clearing her throat she spoke, “Uh, excuse me. I must apologize. I made an error in my offer.” Sayana switched out the Dragusium and replaced it with the beautiful round fire opal along with the second Eyktolite. “This is the offer you can’t refuse. High quality stones, two shades of red, perfect for any set of jewelry requiring multiple gems of the same colour and perhaps enough for the jewelry of an entire dance group.” While it might be disappointing to see such a large exquisite stone cut into many smaller ones, there was certainly a lot of potential as for what could be done with it.

The jeweler now had true interest in the wares before her and at last she asked, “Your price?” “Forty gold mizas each for the Eyktolites, and one hundred for the fire opal. It is a rare find.” The jeweler gave a low whistle. It was a steep price. But the three gems presented in such a way were highly tempting. “Seventy-five for the opal,” she countered. “Done.”

It was like a game and Sayana could see now why her father enjoyed it so much. Not to mention the chink chink chink as the gold mizas were tallied up. They went to one last shop where the storekeeper paid a mere twenty gold mizas for the Dragusium and hardly batted an eye at the small Chrysocolla. It was probably just as well because Sayana decided to take the little blue stone as her ‘prize’ instead of the Eyktolite that she had originally been interested in.

As they stood out on the streets, Sayana knew that their deal had come to a close yet she still had one more favor she wanted to ask. Hesitantly she said, “Zephari, would you like to come home with me and attend on me while I bathe? And no, I do not live with my parents.” The whole mistress-slave relationship had been one with the purpose of selling the gems yet it was clear that Sayana had other reasons for suggesting such. “I simply have to get ready to dance and perform this evening,” she added quickly, not wanting to suggest that the benshira would need to stay the whole night.

“But if not, I hope that we might meet again in future next time you’re in Ahnatep selling gems.”
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Zephari on May 24th, 2015, 4:29 am

Zephari, was somewhat shocked by Sayana's offer, but it did also make sense. She must like having a slave... I wonder if she hasn't had that experience before... I don't like it, but it may be smart. Looking at Sayana, her face still portraying some shock, she replied; "It may be for the best, as you giving me the money out here in the open could be... Unwise." At that they set off toward Sayana's home.

Along the way Zephari pondered what had happened over the day. It had started sour, gone to bitter, and then just outright nasty. As much as she hated this place, Zephari admired how consistent it was, at least consistent in being greed and passion driven. Her mind then wondered to her new companion, Sayana. She came to my aid, without and warrant to do so... I guess not all eypharians are so bad.

Zephari staying in slave act for the duration of the walk. As soon as they got inside, Zephari shut the door behind her, and let herself straighten up and relax. Setting her bag down on a the floor next to the door, she looked at Sayana, having forgotten what the favor was, she asked "So what was it you wanted me to do again?"

OOC NoteSorry for the ultra short post, but it is really just a gateway to the second part of this thread. I leave it entirely to you to where this goes now.

Zephari
The Collector

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Sayana on May 24th, 2015, 1:31 pm

The shocked look on Zephari’s face made Sayana’s heart sink. She didn’t like it. She wasn’t going to do it. Sayana was prepared for the benshira to take the out that had been provided but curiously she didn’t. Sayana hadn’t even thought that such a transaction in the open streets would be unwise but she was happy to go with it. The Eypharian led the way and soon opened the door to a single room amidst a complex of simple dwellings that shared the same structure. Inside was a bed, a tub with a bench next to it, a copper mirror, a chest and a brazier with kettle of water that had been left. The tub still had lukewarm water in it since Sayana often reused the precious water rather than waste it.

As Zephari placed her bag down near the door, Sayana retrieved the various purses of coins and placed them next to it. “These are yours,” she said simply. She then reached in for the remaining blue stone, gave it a toss and then set it on her bed.

“So what was it you wanted me to do again?”

Sayana smiled as it seemed like the benshira might be willing to oblige after all. “First I’d like you to take the kettle and pour the water into the bath. Careful, it’s hot. But I have some mitts. Then I’d like you to help me undress. Once I’m in the bath, there are soaps, perfumes and oils in the chest, and you can help me wash my hair and the rest of my body.”

It was a rather thorough request but if Sayana was going to get a taste of luxury she didn’t want it diminished due to lack of instruction. Her clothes were a rather simple affair. Her skirt was held together by a clip at one side where there was a single long slit. Her top was decorated and beaded but had two simple straps over her shoulders and could be pulled over her head. Her undergarments were no more complicated.

Should Zephari oblige, Sayana would relish in the attention and then step into the warm yet refreshing water. Her thick dark curls were about shoulder length and several of her arms would lounge upon the edges of the tub. She had little to no modesty and was proud at how she looked and the grace in which she moved.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Zephari on May 25th, 2015, 4:30 am

Bathing her... Oh boy what have you gotten yourself into Zephari! I guess this whole slave thing has gone to her head. Zephari nodded, and took the cauldron of hot water and added it to the bath, slowly as to let the steam vent and fill the room with warm mist. She did not need the mits as her hands where well callused from prospecting and carrying rocks over her life. Moving over to behind the eypharian, she undid her top, helping her strip. As she un-clipped Sayana's skirt, Zephari could not help but let her eyes wander over the dancer's curves. Sayana, while she was strong, she certainly stil had a performer's body, everything smooth and well curved, each part of her body leading into the next.

As Sayana slipped into the bath, Zephari opened the chest, grabbing the bottles of soap, and perfume. Keeping aboslutely silent, she rubbed the soap in her hands, and took a breath, psyching herself up to do what she was about to. Zephari started she the base of Sayana's head from behind, working the soap deep into the scalp. Her hands where incredibly strong for hauling stone, yet also very gentle and delicate from extracting gems. Sayana let out a sigh of comfort as her hair and shoulders where washed, and also semi massaged by the benshira. Maybe I should consider being a masseuse! Zephari let out a small giggle at the thought, but quickly suppressed it, and continued to her work.

It took about five chimes for Zephari to thoroughly wash and work Sayana's head, back, legs and feet. She then hesitated, not wanting to seem rude by moving to the eypharian's front or her arms, especially her arms, as that seams like a major point of respect to eypharians. She sat back, washing the soap from her hands, waiting for permission to do more, or confirmation that she was done. She had the oddest expression on her face as she sat at the edge of the large bath with the naked six armed lady. It was a mix of many things, but most easily noticeable was red cheeks of embarrassment, but the softened eyes and smile of curious enjoyment. Why am I enjoying this? This is wrong, but so very... Nice? I don't know anymore...

"Is that enough mistress?", Zephari asked, her own question shocking her. Why did I call her that?!?! Ok just get this over with and be done with it... This is too weird...
OOC NoteI am betting Sayana was not expecting Zephari to be as good at this as she is, but it is something that oddly enough makes a lot of sense. Its the same type of movement and technique. I can't wait to see how she reacts to this. Also this a very confusing but very enjoyable for Zephari, and is great for helping me develop her character. Thanks for this entire thread Sayana.

Zephari
The Collector

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Sayana on May 25th, 2015, 2:55 pm

Sayana reveled in her fantasy. She took her time with her clothes making full use of Zephari’s assistance. Once in the tub, the massage on her head and hair felt incredible and as she closed her eyes to savour it, she was almost at risk of drifting off. She caught the benshira’s slight giggle and although it momentarily broke the mood, it was a reassurance that she was alright with how things were going. When Zephari made motion towards her legs, Sayana lifted them one at a time accordingly to get washed.

Then the benshira sat back as if waiting for further instruction. Sayana repositioned herself in the tub so she could roughly kneel and face Zephari. The benshira’s soft brown face was reddened slightly by a blush but she also seemed rather contented and not overly uncomfortable. She was pretty, a nice rounded face and… A brief flash of surprise crossed the Eypharian’s face as Sayana noticed the brilliant emerald green of one eye and the sky blue of the other.

“Is that enough mistress?”

The question startled her for half a tick, especially the obedient use of the title mistress but Sayana was quick to compose herself. “You are to do my arms and front, including my chest. Then you are done… my beautiful.” The endearment slipped out before she even realized it and it her turn for a faint blush to tinge her cheeks.

The Eypharian rose up on her knees so that her upper half was out of the water. She gave a brief shiver at the chill of leaving the warm water, but the Ahnatep air was still rather warm. Sayana held out a couple of her arms expectantly and gazed into Zephari’s face. She was rather beautiful, in a simple sort of way. She also had that sense of determination and yet seemed innocent and needing of protection.

An unexpected feeling of lust made its presence known. It was so foreign for Sayana to think that way towards a woman that she tried to attribute it to the physical touch and caresses of bathing instead of to the benshira before her. “When you’re done, I can perfume and dress myself,” Sayana confirmed as if following up on her earlier instruction. Although, she might not even need the perfume since there was already a sweet fragrancy coming from her, and the pheromones that created such.

She did not request any further assistance from Zephari since she knew she needed her mind sharp for dancing and that she should not indulge too much. With every performance there was always some danger, and she needed her mind as sharp as her daggers. Even as they finished up, Sayana’s eyes lingered on Zephari’s lips, wondering, curious. Yet she didn’t make an attempt to investigate.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

PreviousNext