Wild Streets - Fall 510 (ALL Beggars, Thieves, Criminals)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Ash'eny on March 13th, 2011, 7:34 pm

Ash'eny felt the wind sucked from his chest as he watched in horror at what was coming. Ash'eny wasn't much of a natural animal person, he knew nothing of horses (scared of them to be honest), couldn't keep a bird to save his life, yet he knew enough. For instance, dogs were known for their uncanny sense of smell, and this dog, obviously a companion of the knight (along with a few other folks Ash'eny didn't recognize), was tracking something. Now, call it paranoia if you want, but Ash'eny was scared shykeless. It was only the previous night that he had taken what didn't belong to him. The crossbow. Ash'eny couldn't assume that the weapon had a detectable smell, but Ash'eny did. He was drunk then, and probably still had breath that could wither a live plant in moments, if the dog was after him, he wasn't going to be able to hide, and he sure as hell wasn't going to try and outrun that dog, not when it already saw him, and the Knight was right there. He was confident he could outrun a knight in full armor, but he wasn't going to risk running headfirst into a sword of another. That or have his ass ripped apart by any old-man looking dog.

Ash'eny just stood there, watching with the same awe as the neighbors, except he had a hunch that this day would end up with him in the Tank... if he was lucky. Ash'eny merely stood, waiting for his demise, arrest, scolding, or whatever other terrible things that were going to happen to him. He was doomed, he knew it. Maybe, if he was lucky, Tucesi would forgive him... again...

"And here I was thinking that damned cat was about to be eaten."
Ash'eny
Thief of Hearts

Words: 195301
Joined roleplay: June 4th, 2010, 8:17 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Dusk on March 27th, 2011, 2:44 am

Ash'eny's fears were confirmed when the hound dragged his handler straight to the thief - and barked viciously, backing the man up against his door in its vehemence. The girl hauled him backwards, getting him under control, and while he pulled back a few steps, he continued to bark and growl at his prey.

The knight glared at Ash'eny, one hand on the hilt of his sword though he did not draw it. "Keep your hands where I can see them," he said gruffly.

"It's here," the girl said, a proud grin on her face. "Guaranteed. Jasper could've tracked that cat's scent out into the wild. You search his room, you'll find whatever you're looking for."

The knight reached out to grab Ash's arm and pull him to one side of the door, and the second man shoved it open and entered the room without waiting for permission. They could hear him root around for a few minutes, making a few sounds of disgust at the condition of the room (and the smell of a drunkard's hole), before emerging into the hallway once again with a beautiful wooden crossbow clutched in one hand. "This is it," he said with a nod. The dog, smelling the familiar scent of a particular fat cat on the item as well, gave a howl of agreement.

He nodded to the knight, who returned the nod and yanked Ash'eny back towards the end of the hallway. "You're under arrest for thieving," he grumbled, "and I'd suggest you go quietly or you'll find yourself less a few pints of blood."
PLEASE NOTE: Finals are over, but summer is eating my soul. As such, as of the end of June I will not be accepting any new quests/modded threads until I finish some of the ones I've already started/agreed to. My apologies for this, but I don't want to be unfair to those who have been waiting for replies!

Dusk's Office - Information on Syliras - Help Desk
Dusk
DS: Syliras and Wildlands

Words: 341560
Joined roleplay: April 6th, 2010, 5:33 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Trash Medal (1) Thunderspork (1)

Postby Ash'eny on March 27th, 2011, 4:52 pm

Ash'eny glanced at his neighbors, it was interesting to see their faces going from gossiping literally within feet of him, to now staring at him. They knew he drank heavily, but to be a thief too? That was interesting, they would surely talk about that for a while. Ash'eny dropped the knife from his hand and lifted his hands to about his head level. There was a subtle smile on his face. It was intense, being there, he could easily be killed and nobody would think ill of the Knights. Ash'eny was a criminal, and crime wasn't, even in the least, tolerated here. "I won't struggle. I'm a thief, not a fighter. I like my blood where it is." Ash'eny didn't bother trying to escape, he didn't bother try to talk his way out. This was for the best. What would happen? Who knows. Perhaps death, perhaps exile. Sunberth was always waiting for him. He knew someday he'd return, it was only a matter of time until that happened.

Ash'eny winced lightly as the knights started to grab onto him fiercely and take him away. He had this urge to try and escape, but he knew better. Dogs were fast, knights had swords, and Ash'eny didn't much like the idea of losing his life. "What about breaking and entering as well? Deception? I did try to act like nothing happened, that's technically lying you know. If it helps my case at all, I'm terribly sorry. I don't know what came over me." Ash'eny chuckled lightly to himself as he was taken away. He didn't want to have to face Tucesi again, and he hoped that, just maybe, she wouldn't hear about him this time. Maybe she could be too busy with other things to notice her two-faced ally being taken to the Tank. Ash'eny would prefer a few days in there to her look, her scolding.
Ash'eny
Thief of Hearts

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Dusk on April 3rd, 2011, 2:15 am

The knight, unamused by Ash's attempts to dig himself further into the hole, just shoved him down the hallway. "Shut up," he muttered, and refused to say anything else as he led him through the winding corridors of Syliras.

A few more turns and he met up with another member of his wing, and the pair began the arduous trek with him to the other side of the city. It took over an hour to work their way from the Nettle District up to the Jordon, but the men seemed quite familiar with how to get there. Which was really to be expected of those who patrolled the city.

When they finally made it to the Tank, the guard there took his name and crime before they shoved him into the huge holding cell with the others who were waiting to face the Council. He might even have thought his wish granted, for it was two full days before they called his name.

His name was finally yelled out - or whatever name he'd given them - and two of the guards came to collect him. His hands were bound in front of him with thin rope, not cruelly but tight enough to be trouble should he think to escape, and then they took him through another door and into a long hallway. It should be noted that all of the people who'd been taken that way in the last two days had never returned.

The guards had brought him halfway down the hallway when they ground to a halt and straightened as they recognized the silver pins on the collar of the woman who blocked their way.

"You can go," she said softly, her eyes glued to their prisoner.

"Respect, Stewart, but he's due in the Council Chambers. They're expecting--"

Her gaze flickered to his, and the cool blue of her eyes melted into scarlet. It was the only hint of her temper, for there was no sign of it in the calm lines of her face, but the guard immediately shut up and stood somehow straighter.

"I think you'll find," she murmured, "that his name is no longer on the docket. Now. You. Can go," she said, waving a finger back the way they'd come. They both bowed and, with all haste, took off back down the corridor.

Tucesi sighed, staring at Ash'eny for a moment. Then a flick of her wrist found a pen-knife in her hand, and she reached out with the other to grab his hands and hold them up as she cut his restraints.

"Well?"
PLEASE NOTE: Finals are over, but summer is eating my soul. As such, as of the end of June I will not be accepting any new quests/modded threads until I finish some of the ones I've already started/agreed to. My apologies for this, but I don't want to be unfair to those who have been waiting for replies!

Dusk

Office
Scrapbook
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)

Postby Ash'eny on April 3rd, 2011, 2:39 am

Ash'eny stumbled into the large fortified cage after the knight took his name, the false name of course, Tolby. It was the name he gave just about everyone. Commoner and knight alike. Of course, there was someone, as far as he knew a single someone that heard the name Tolby, and actually knew who he was. Ash'eny shrugged as the bars closed behind him with a painful crash and an even more deadly click of the lock. He sighed as he glanced around, it wasn't terribly packed, that was good. Still, nobody there seemed amused about their situation. Ash'eny actually found it almost as a relief initially.

- - - - - -

It wasn't until days moved by and his new acquaintances departed that he began to wonder, and with wondering came about with a fear. He told himself he was okay with death, but now that he was trapped, in the perfect position to be strangled or stabbed to death that he began to feel ill. "Running, jumping, shouting, screaming. It's the way were learn to smile. Stabbing, choking, hurting, raping. It's what we do once in a while. Hands and knives and throats and hearts. Live at all costs is our code. Respect and honor and righteous thoughts. These kill a man, we'll always know." Ash'eny chuckled lightly, it was almost a nursery rhyme the way he spoke it, whispered it to himself really. It was something he heard often in Sunberth, yet now that it sprung up in his head, he couldn't think of who told it to him, or why he couldn't remember obeying it. He knew Tolby influenced him for the better, giving him some morals. Is was Tolby, now that he thought of it, that was softening him up. He wasn't as good as he once was. No, he had morals now that made him weak. That's why he was caught. He wasn't heartless anymore.

Ash'eny frowned when the knights returned, or were they someone new? Ash'eny couldn't remember, they didn't leave a lasting impression on him. It was probably mutual regardless. He stood up and, without a struggle, allowed his hands to be bound and he was led away to be judged. The moment that would likely lead to his direct death, or direct exile likely his indirect early grave. Ash'eny's eyes widened, however, as Tucesi blocked there path. Ash'eny resisted the urge to scream and run. He didn't want to deal with her. She had a way of making him feel horrible for what he already should feel horrible for doing.

Still, he was freed, in a sense. The knights left, excluding Lady Deerstalker of course, and his bonds were cut. She didn't say much, but obviously expected him to speak. He thought for a moment. What could he say to justify his actions to her? Nothing, there was nothing that justified him. "Hello M'lady." Ash'eny grinned for a moment before casting away the silly smile. "They caught me." Ash'eny shrugged as he glanced around. He hadn't a clue where he could go to escape should he h decide to attempt. To be honest, he couldn't even figure out what tier of the city he was in. He'd been to the tank before, but never for so long and without a guide in and out. "I suppose you are upset with me, again."
Ash'eny
Thief of Hearts

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Dusk on April 7th, 2011, 11:13 pm

"No," she sighed, pulling the last of the rope away from his wrists and lowering the knife. "No, I am beginning to understand that if I wish to keep you as an informant, this is the price I must pay. But you'll have lost the use of your room. Unfortunately even I cannot still the tongues of your neighbors or explain to them why you are free without endangering the very anonymity that you enjoy. So it seems you'll just have to find a new base for your criminal operations."

With that, she reached a hand out quick as a snake, and snatched at his coinpurse, the wicked little pen-knife slashing the strings that tied it to his belt. "Consider this the price of your bail," she growled. "I had to bribe the secretary to get your name off the docket without making waves. Now do us both a favor and stay away from Kalvin's shop. He sees you out and about, he'll call for the dogs again and I won't be there to save you."

Dusk

Office
Scrapbook
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)

Postby Ash'eny on April 8th, 2011, 1:14 am

Ash'eny jumped nervously as Tucesi reached out at him, snatching his money and taking what she felt owed. He didn't so much as lift his voice to protest, but it was obvious that it wounded him. The price he must also pay. He forced a weak strained smile and a subtle nod. "I feel worse without the scolding." It was so odd, Ash'eny felt, this whole time, that Tucesi lifting her voice was the most terrifying thing he ever experienced, yet now he felt it was her accepting him for who he was, who he wasn't proud of but was still stuck on. He was trying to change, it just took time. "I slept on the streets before, I'm accustomed to it. I'm sorry for any trouble I've cause you. I just hope that, maybe, I am more use than difficulty by this point. I will change, someday, I know it, I will change."

Ash'eny wasn't sure why he did it, but he extended his hand to shake, as if to seal the deal on his promise of change. He felt that, if she would at least shake his hand then he would feel a sliver of relief.
Ash'eny
Thief of Hearts

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Dusk on April 8th, 2011, 1:23 am

She blinked at the vehemence of his assertion, confusion spangling the blue of her eyes with gold. The man was strange, no doubt about it. She had hoped he would become something better with the opportunities afforded him in this position, but it seemed he still didn't do much but drink himself into a stupor and steal things. She believed his words less and less every time his actions countermanded them.

But still she took his hand, and gave it a firm shake, the gold dissolving in her gaze. "There's some corridors behind the Council Chamber," she said finally. "No one ever uses them, they just dead-end at the wall. Not a bad place to hole up."

And with that she released him, though there was a feeling of do better in the glance she gave him. Then she pocketed the coinpurse and turned to disappear down the halls.

OOCWell, you're not in jail! :P Please subtract 40gm for the price of the bribe. I'll miss having Ash around... make sure he comes back!

Dusk

Office
Scrapbook
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)

Postby Dusk on April 27th, 2011, 6:22 am

XP Award!

Ash'eny
XP Award: Seduction: 1 XP, Running: 1 XP, Larceny: 1 XP, Negotiation: 1 XP
Seasonal XP: Larceny: 2 XP
Lore Award: Being a drunken sexual predator, Making friends with felines, Being hunted, Running your mouth to the Knights, In Tucesi's bad graces
Seasonal Lore: Layout of Syliras (Moderate)
Ledger: -5gm, -40gm
Seasonal Consequences: Loss of living quarters

Nyahna Sasin
XP Award: Larceny: 1 XP, Stealth: 1 XP
Lore Award: Assassinations are never easy
Ledger: None
Seasonal Consequences: You are now known as a criminal in Syliras. A drawing of your likeness has been given to all the major shops and taverns, and the knights who patrol the Maiden District are on the lookout for you.

Additional Note
Anyone else who participated in this thread and dropped out is now a known criminal in Syliras. See above. :)

Dusk

Office
Scrapbook
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)

Previous