Another Day... (Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Another Day... (Open)

Postby Kateriana on November 22nd, 2010, 2:15 am

47th Day of Fall, 510 AV

Another day in Sunberth, the city of almost no morals, walking along the streets was a small Konti woman, clothed in traditional clothing, cloaked in black to hide her existence. With such a violent city, Kateriana was sure to always stumble upon a beaten man, almost no person was free of mugging, and worse if attention was brought to yourself. Pickpockets were common, and brute fighters were more common, to want to live in such a city, you either had to be insane or live with a faint hope for a city long lost. The fall breeze was cooling and noticeable by almost anyone in the city, for most were on edge in fear of all the common mugging that occurs. But to this Konti, the breeze is refreshing, she takes it in and enjoys the very feel of the cold air on her face.

Walking along, it seemed quiet today, only found one man to heal and it was a failed pickpocket. The man was lucky to walk away with only bruising from the story he told, not to mention, the item he tried to steal was the other man's sword at its hilt. Once she parted with the man she did take a quick but thorough inventory of her possessions and was pleased nothing was taken. Kateriana examined ever man as she passed them, wondering if anyone in this horrid city was anywhere near trust worthy, she had seen people that have a shimmering hope, but only to return to their normal lives after the ordeal ends. Feeling pain in her legs from walking so long, Kateriana takes a seat along the edge of a building and even removes her hood to reveal her pale face and pure white hair to the city of people. Gathering eye, the Konti massages her legs and closes her eyes enjoying the feeling of being able to get off of her feet for a while.

OOC: Storytellers, feel welcome to post as well and add twists to the story as you please.
Last edited by Kateriana on November 22nd, 2010, 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kateriana
Street Healer

Words: 8870
Joined roleplay: November 20th, 2010, 6:18 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Another Day... (Open)

Postby Kateriana on November 22nd, 2010, 5:00 pm

The sunlight burns through the eye lids of the Konti girl, awakening her from a sleep she did not remember falling into. Another check of her possessions as she gets up and another satisfaction when nothing appears to be missing. She pushes off the ground to return to her standing position, dusting of the dirt from her cloak, returning it to it's silky look. Kateriana decides she wishes to look about the items in the market, a surely dangerous place, but a needed travel. She however was not looking to purchase any items, she was traveling to the market to see if she could find a person that might share her values, there was bond to be someone in Sunberth that had honor of some kind. Even if the person does not currently hold honor, maybe a man could be turned in the correct direction and she could aid a man in a way other than healing. Excited about the thought of bringing new faith to a new man, the Konti quickly ran toward the market.
Kateriana
Street Healer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Another Day... (Open)

Postby Jokor on November 22nd, 2010, 5:35 pm

In the shade of one of the many trash filled alley's that where present in sunberth, Jokor was sitting on his knee's before a pile of trash, quickly digging through the heap for something useful, letting a small smile slip on his face as pulled out a fairly large stale piece of bread.
He stood up and took a bite out of it before walking towards the end of the alley and carefully peeked outside of it, looking around for an easy target to get some miza from. Quickly noticing a pale,white-haired girl running towards the market.
Jokor smiled and quickly walked out of the alley and in the crowed street and 'accidentally' slammed into her sending her sprawling towards the ground.
Jokor tried to fake concern on his face as he knelt down next to her,
"Hey you alright?" Jokor asked, trying to sound sincere while at the same time looking her over and searching for her purse. "Did you hurt yourself?"
Jokor
Streetrat

Words: 213913
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Another Day... (Open)

Postby Kateriana on November 22nd, 2010, 5:44 pm

With out warning, someone pushed Kateriana from behind sending her straight for the ground. As she looked over her shoulder a man stood there asking "Hey, you alright, did you hurt yourself?" As he asked this question, the Konti girl noticed she had actually gain minor cuts and scratches on her cheek and on both hands. Her eyes narrow as she looks back up at the man, "It would seem that someone had pushed me, you didn't see anyone did you?" As she asked her question she focused her energy and placed her hands together, glad that the cuts where not deep, and healed herself, then followed up by placing her hand on her own face to heal the small scratch on her cheek.
Kateriana
Street Healer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Another Day... (Open)

Postby Jokor on November 22nd, 2010, 5:56 pm

Jokor gave an embarrassed chuckle as the girl asked if he saw somebody push her.
"Sorry, that was me." He said looking a bit confused at what the girl was doing. "I was in a bit off a hurry and I accidentally ran in to you I guess, I really need to look out more don't I." His eyes widened a bit in surprise as he saw the girl move her hands over the scratches and they vanished like they never where there.
He quickly suppressed the supervised look on his face and stood up, holding out a hand to help her up.
"So why where you running anyway?"
Jokor
Streetrat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Another Day... (Open)

Postby Kateriana on November 22nd, 2010, 6:10 pm

"I was in a bit off a hurry and I accidentally ran in to you I guess, I really need to look out more don't I."

The girl looked up with an aggravated look on her face, "Indeed you should." Kateriana removed her hands from her face and back to her sides. The young man's eyes widened as he noticed her hands and face perfectly healed as they were before.

"So why where you running anyway?"

Noticing the offered hand, the Konti girl looked at him for a second, and accepted the offer and was quickly lifted back to her feet. "I was seeking to head to the market for, well, to work I guess, also looking for a man of my virtues, what business do you serve?" She gives the man a look up and down, checking the full spectrum of items hidden under his cloak and assumed he was a normal thief of the city known as Sunberth. I wonder if this is a sign from Rak'keli herself, is this a man in need of direction, or just another lost soul?
Kateriana
Street Healer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Another Day... (Open)

Postby Jokor on November 22nd, 2010, 6:54 pm

The girl accepted his hand and he pulled her up.
"I was seeking to head to the market for, well, to work I guess, also looking for a man of my virtues, what business do you serve?"
Jokor gave her a confused look. "I really don't know what you meant with that virtue thing, but I wouldn't advice that you go to the market." He took a bite out of the piece of bread he got out of the trash. "Especially now that the entire street saw that you could let wounds vanish, you are worth a lot on the slave market for that you know.Besides what kind of work would you do on the market anyway? You don't look like you own a stall."He said spitting a few bits of bread out.while at the same time looking around and nearly sighed in relief that he didn't see a major slaver, he really wouldn't want to run
Jokor
Streetrat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Another Day... (Open)

Postby Kateriana on November 22nd, 2010, 7:15 pm

"I really don't know what you meant with that virtue thing, but I wouldn't advice that you go to the market."

Kateriana looked at him, and then noticed she did have a few people giving her looks, as she noticed this the man grabbed a bite of bread he pulled out from under his cloak.

"Especially now that the entire street saw that you could let wounds vanish, you are worth a lot on the slave market for that you know.Besides what kind of work would you do on the market anyway? You don't look like you own a stall."

She looked back at him to see his mouth full of bread and spitting bread everywhere as he spoke. "Well i wouldn't say the whole street, but I do see your point. As for my work, it is the same work as I have done to myself, I seek to help those who can't help themselves, and those, young street dweller, those are my virtues." She said as she dusted the dirt off of her cloak again, hoping to return the silky look to it as before. "Besides, I'm flattered that you care more about my safety and not the coin in my purse, quiet noble of such a young man," she told him in a sarcastic mood giving him a look that she knew his original purpose. "Now it seems I might need to look for new attire, the cloak is still beautiful, but my robes, they might be best saved for my home rather than street wanderings. Do you know of a promising clerk who might sell my size?" she asks holding her arms up trying to reveal her size to the young man.
Kateriana
Street Healer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Another Day... (Open)

Postby Jokor on November 22nd, 2010, 7:53 pm

Jokor was in the process of shoving the last piece of bread down his throat as she said what her job was.
"Besides, I'm flattered that you care more about my safety and not the coin in my purse, quiet noble of such a young man,"
Jokor nearly choked on his food as she said that. "You knew!" He managed to say after the thing went down. Oh damn there goes my 'good' food.
Jokor thought. While the girl began rambling about her cloak and needing a new one.Jokor arched his eyebrow and looked at her. "I don't see anything wrong with it, But if you want I can guide you to one." He offered, "Of course, Nothing is free in sunberth." Jokor said with a smile on his face.I might get a hold off something after all.

OOC: Jokor doesn't have a cloak, He is wearing and old and ragged shirt and pant's.
Jokor
Streetrat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Another Day... (Open)

Postby Kateriana on November 22nd, 2010, 10:18 pm

OOC:Sorry, looking more at the picture than the character sheet apparently xD and btw, same to you, i wanted a new robe, not a new cloak n.n

After Kateriana made a comment about her coin purse, the young man nearly choked and managed to blurt out "You knew!" Kateriana smiled at this and thought to herself 'no, I didn't know, but now I do'. It was then she began talking about her desire to find new clothes and the young thief seemed to have dazed off during, but once she had finished her sentence he said "I don't see anything wrong with it, But if you want I can guide you to one." The Konti girl was happy, surely Rak'keli was telling her, this is the man that needs help today. "Of course, Nothing is free in sunberth," said the thief taking a little bit of the joy out of her heart, 'this fool still begs for coins rather than something of promise, oh well, in time...'

Daylight was shortening, slowly the sky began turning into a rainboe of colors, vast purples and blues filing the sky directly above them. Kateriana promises the young man coin, but first wanted to hear how many he wished to obtain, if it was unreasonable to her, she would try to bargain him down. She offered a starting 3 gold coin, held it up to him to see if her would accept the offer. "Is this enough for a day plus some time in private?" she asked worried he may try to run off with the coin and would lose both her person of interest and 3 coin that could have been better spent
Kateriana
Street Healer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next