A New City [Open].

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

A New City [Open].

Postby Leur on November 27th, 2010, 7:40 pm

"Iris is quite a beautiful name," Leur said to the Kelvic when she finally stated her name. He smiled at her, hoping that his rows of sharp teeth did not set of alarm.
Leur noticed that Laoi and he were still standing, so he sat down in his previous chair next to Iris, and motioned to the chair next to Corum for Laoi to sit down. He knew she wouldn't mind sitting next to the undead man, seeing as how gentle he actually was.
He directed his next question towards all three of them: "How long are you all planning on staying in the city?"
"Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility." --St. Augustine
Leur
Player

Words: 7109
Joined roleplay: November 24th, 2010, 7:22 am
Race: Charoda
Character sheet

A New City [Open].

Postby Iris Dove on November 27th, 2010, 8:44 pm

"Thank you," Iris said when Leur commented on her name, how he thought it was pretty. Before going on to ask everyone present at the table how long they planned on staying in the city.

Good question, how long do I plan on staying? she thought to herself. I mean, do I even like it here? she wondered, before realizing that it was a little too stuffy for her tastes, and the people here weren't exactly too diverse, and that she probably wouldn't last a day in the university everyone kept talking about. Hmmm, guess I'm just passing through she thought.

"Not long," she finally replied to Leur, as she crossed her right leg over her left, and sat back in her seat, trying to get comfortable.
Iris Dove
Wanderer

Words: 77849
Joined roleplay: November 2nd, 2010, 5:38 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Peer Reviewer (1)

A New City [Open].

Postby Corum on November 28th, 2010, 1:35 am

Corum raised his head to look at everyone fully. His bright green eyes lingered on Leur, who had asked a question. He pondered it for a moment. Corum had an odd way of staring at people when he was talking to them. Not needing to blink, and not really thinking about the habit, it some times unnerved those who spoke to him.

“ i will stay until i’ve learned all that i deem important or interesting. It could be one season, or perhaps a hundred years. Time is of little importance, but most of mine will be spent in the company of wizards and books. If your taking classes you’ll see me very often. I do not require rest, so i will likely advance quickly in my studies. You should try for Projection with me, Leur. If you are one who speaks with spirits, perhaps you could travel as one and use your own in your labors...” Truely this would help him, but it would also be nice for Corum to share a “class” with his friend.
Knowlage Is Power, Guard It Well.
Corum
Student of Life, Even in Death...

Words: 23645
Joined roleplay: November 4th, 2010, 2:56 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet

A New City [Open].

Postby Leur on November 28th, 2010, 5:25 am

"I must say, practicing Projection would prove useful, I'm sure," Leur replied. "But I think, for now, I should solely focus on Spiritism. I really do aspire to become a great medium, and for people to be able to speak to the dead through me--that is my ultimate goal." Leur looked down at his water for a moment. "I know how hard it is to lose someone close to you, and it's even worse if their spirit still lingers here. I want to help people talk to their passed friends and family, and help them into reincarnation." Leur smiled. "I want to help continue the cycle of life."
"Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility." --St. Augustine
Leur
Player

Character sheet

A New City [Open].

Postby Corum on November 28th, 2010, 6:05 am

This was interesting to Corum. Speaking to the other dead, any way. The other part, about continuing the life cycle, on the other hand... It did not sit well with the Nuit. It sounded like something the followers of Dira would say, and he did not like that particular goddess. Her worshipers seemed only to want to kill him...

“ That does sound interesting... i would want no part in it though. I have not met another of my kind, much less another of the lesser undead. I’ll keep it that way for a while... I wish you the best of luck, though. perhaps, if you live long enough to see me become competent in Animation, i’ll send you a golem to help in your travels. i plan on increasing my skills in that after i study glyphing... Glyphing and Projection are my two main focuses now...”
Corum

Character sheet

A New City [Open].

Postby Iris Dove on November 28th, 2010, 6:17 am

Iris sat uncomfortably in her seat, shifting her weight back and forth. What on earth where they talking about she wondered. What on earth is spiritism? Or glyphing or projecting? All the words were foreign, unfamiliar, and she didn't know what to do. She didn't know how much longer she could continue to pretend that she was actually able to follow the conversation. She bit her bottom lip nervously. What to do? What to do? She thought to herself as she tried to tune into the simple-minded conversations of the drunken men around her table. Thinking that if she could understand their simplicity before returning to the conversation she was supposed to be a part of, she may feel a little better.
Iris Dove
Wanderer

Character sheet
Peer Reviewer (1)

A New City [Open].

Postby Corum on November 28th, 2010, 6:38 am

Corum’s eyes still rotated around, looking at each of the table. The living always seemed to show emotions on their face... Leur had the look of sadness. Perhaps he was remembering some lost love. The bar maid looked angrily at Iris as she cleaned the floor... And Iris herself looked deeply confused. She must be very young, he thought. Kelvics aged rapidly, due to their animalistic nature. she most likely was of a very dull wit. Corum felt a little sorry for her, him having talked about the magics. He made a mental note to consider others more often.

“ Iris? You seem... troubled. You may ask of me any question, you know... I am not so unkind as people say my race to be. I dont mind helping...” He wondered if he sounded a bit like he was intruding. He did not want to belittle her or hurt her pride.
Corum

Character sheet

A New City [Open].

Postby Iris Dove on November 28th, 2010, 2:54 pm

Iris looked up at Corum as he spoke. He had said, "Iris? You seem... troubled. You may ask of me any question, you know... I am not so unkind as people say my race to be. I dont mind helping...” He sounded somewhat patronizing to her, but then again, most people did sound like that when they spoke to her, after all, she was a kelvic.

Iris thought quietly to herself for a moment, she vaguely remember the thief she served speaking unkindly of magic users. She remembered him finding them to be "creepy," and "cheats." She remembered him not trusting them at all. So, it was thus, Iris knew magic existed, but she didn't know much of anything about any sort of magical form other than what she had already come across in her short life- mainly auristics and hypnotists.

"It's just that I don't know what spiritism or glyphing are," Iris told Corum as she shifted uncomfortably in her seat, she must seem like such an idiot to her companions, she thought.
Iris Dove
Wanderer

Character sheet
Peer Reviewer (1)

A New City [Open].

Postby Leur on November 28th, 2010, 6:00 pm

"A golem, eh?" Leur laughed. "That would be rather interesting." Leur had never actually seen golem, seeing as he'd been in Charbosi most of his life. I hope I might run into one, one day. That would be very interesting.

Leur looked at Iris when Corum asked her if she was okay. She does look rather puzzled, Leur thought to himself. When she told them that she wasn't sure what Spiritism or Glyphing where, Leur was surprised. Even he had heard of them when he was a child, studying in Charbosi. Guess it's different for Kelvics...

"Well," Leur explained. "Spiritism is a type of World Magic that deals with ghosts, and sometimes the undead," Leur looked at Corum and smiled. "Anyway, it deals with many different aspects of ghosts. Now Glyphing is the study of Runes. The Runes themselves have no actual power, but they can be used as channels for magic to flow through, and help direct the magic." Leur paused, wondering if he was explaining things well. "That's basically it, I suppose!"
Leur
Player

Character sheet

A New City [Open].

Postby Iris Dove on November 28th, 2010, 6:35 pm

Iris nodded her understanding. His words would be enough to suffice her for the time being.

Sitting back in her seat, she waited for someone else to say something, knowing that she certainly didn't know enough to contribute to the conversation. Instead, the most she would probably be able to do, is sit back and listen, nod her head occasionally, and say "uh-huh," as though this all made sense to her, which it didn't, not in the least.

Iris smiled weakly, and looked at the table. It seemed dirty to her, everything in the pub seemed dirty and dark and simply uninviting.
Iris Dove
Wanderer

Character sheet
Peer Reviewer (1)

PreviousNext