A stroll with a Gentle Giant (Jerroa)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Tebridiar on November 25th, 2010, 5:24 pm

Day 510 AV, Autumn, Day 52

The sun danced off the bright tents of Endrykas. It was very warm for this time of year. Tebridiar was wandering through the streets. She wanted to weave a bag ou of grass, and beforehand she just wanted a bit of relaxation. Times had changed a lot recently, and the kindness of strangers her had been wonderful. Kayiri and his family were wonderful people.

It was quite busy, but not overly-crowded. You could walk the streets with the grass tickling your toes and no one bumping into you. Her red hair flowed long, slightly wild in the light wind. Then she caught sight of something interesting, a creature entering Endrykas. Though she sensed he was more than a creature... he seemed more intelligent, reserved... He looked like a giant ape though...

Searching for that special one.
Tebridiar
She who Returned

Words: 108919
Joined roleplay: October 30th, 2010, 10:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Jerroa on November 25th, 2010, 5:40 pm

The ape loved days like this. Although there were a few sharp gusts of wind, it was surprisingly warm... Rare for Fall. The grass was lush somehow, alive. The city was a beautiful place, busy, horses and tents everywhere. It made Jerroa smile to see civilisation like this, so different from the quiet, peaceful world of the Spires or the dangerous, tense atmosphere of Sunberth.

He looked around for a few moments, and then caught sight of something that made him stop and stare.

What a beautiful young girl. She walked, serenely, through the grassy street. She wore humble clothes, just little trousers and a shirt with a waistcoat, but she was magical looking. Her hair, framed with the sun, was edged with cold as it blew around her happy face. She had beautiful eyes too, Bright blue, deep, and piercing to look at. She seemed slightly tragic though, in a way. As he watched, he seemed to pick up a lot of sorrow in her past. He had spent so many years trying to get to know people, Jerroa often had a "sense" of people when he met them. And he couldnt quite pick everything up about this girl. But he was taken aback by her. The Golden Lady.

Then the girl looked at him. She seemed curious, she had probably never seen a Jamoura before. Actually, not many people had. He was used to staring. He walked (if you can call it walking) on his four strong legs, large arms leading the way. His horse, Sunbane, followed.

"Hello, young lady. My name is Jerroa, I am a Jamoura. Ive just arrived here, its... very beautiful, much like yourself. I saw you looking at me, I take it you havent encountered my species before?"
Jerroa
A Wise, Lumbering Ape

Words: 5054
Joined roleplay: November 25th, 2010, 4:35 pm
Race: Jamoura
Character sheet

Postby Tebridiar on November 25th, 2010, 5:46 pm

It talked. The ape could talk?

This was unexpected.

He had made his way to her, in a relaxed fashion. He seemed very relaxed, very happy. He seemed very fluffy, he must be cosy over the winter. And he had a lovely horse, she seemed quite devoted to him. He must be very kind. Tebridiar slowly walked to meet him.

"Hello, young lady. My name is Jerroa, I am a Jamoura. Ive just arrived here, its... very beautiful, much like yourself. I saw you looking at me, I take it you havent encountered my species before?" He said, holding out his hand warmly. She took it, a little shocked to speak.

"Uh... oh my goodness..." Tebridiar was highly flattered, she wasnt used to random acts of kindness, although she had experienced quite a few in her time in Endrykas. "A Jamoura? Ive... Ive never heard of the species, Im sorry! I apologise, Im just so... surprised to see you talk, and walk, and wear clothes! Jamoura... Ill need to learn more of your kind, Jerroa. My name is Tebridiar." She paused for a second, hesitating. Should she tell him? She leant in closer. "Im a kelvic. I look like a human, but I can turn into a horse... you may have encountered others like me, I have learned there are more of us."

Tebridiar
She who Returned

Character sheet
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Jerroa on November 25th, 2010, 7:56 pm

She was understandably surprised.

A giant talking ape, what was she going to think?

But she seemed genuinely interested in the Jamoura, and was thankfully very warm and open. And Jerroa had heard of kelvics before, he had met a few in his time. But no kelvics were like this. Most were veyr dependant on their owner, or were involved in slavery, or were uncivilized and wild. Tebridiar was different. The way she walked, the way she talked. The way she understood him, and could relate to him.

"Ah, a nice name. Well, I have met others of your kind Tebridiar, but none quite like you. Pardon me, Ive only just met you! But you seem a little more... hmmn. Human-like than the rest? But in a good way, of course." Jerroa smiled up at her. She was listening intently, her reddish-brown hair fluttering in the wind, like a halo. "Well, I'd love ot know more. Your age, perhaps? Origin? How did a Lady like you end up in Endrykas?"
Jerroa
A Wise, Lumbering Ape

Character sheet

Postby Tebridiar on November 25th, 2010, 8:04 pm

Hmmn, this ape-Jerroa-was... interesting.

Why did he think of Tebridiar as different to Kelvics?

Tebridiar hadn't really met any Kelvics before. But she did know that they were supposed to be a little feral, a little... wild.

"Well, Jerroa..." She smiled, trying to find a way to explain herself. "You probably met Kelvics with... well, wilder animal counterparts than me! Or maybe you met a Dhani? Snake people? A little more vicious. Anyway Jerroa, as a horse, Im a little more flighty than most people, I guess. But I have came out of my shell a bit." She strolled along at a gentle pace, the Jamoura beside her slowing down appropriately.

"Anyway, my origin... its a little sad for me to talk about. I was owned by a slave for half my life. Im only four mind you, but still, a long time for me. We feel time passing more, we are short lived. He owned me, he tried to... to take my virginity. He wanted to be my bondmate. But I refused him. And I ran away. A drykas man here, he saved me. His name is Kayiri, he's... he's very kind, so he is. I live with him, currently." She was lost in thought for a few moments. That man, that drykas, he was just about all she had right now... everything depended on him.

"Anyway, you know a little but more about me. I wont ask to know of your past, but if you wish to talk about anything, go ahead. I think your... interesting!" She giggled, nodding to herself. Another day, another thing to learn.

Tebridiar
She who Returned

Character sheet
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Jerroa on November 25th, 2010, 8:12 pm

Jerroa was genuinely surprised. A slave? Tebridiar was a slave?

He had noticed something tragic within her, something deeper in her gaze. But he had no idea that she had suffered this. It must be a shame for her, but she seems to have done remarkably well. She was probably embracing her freedom, taking a step away from her animalistic side. She was very strange.

"Well, Tebridiar. My race, we are peaceful, and many of us are very intelligent. We reside at the city of Spires, but its a bit out of the way. Not many people visit it. there arent many of us, so I am glad to be an ambassador for the Jamoura's!" He smiled, lost in thoughts about his people, and the great city where he belonged. "You would probably like my people. We are very free, very kind. The Golden Lady of Endrykas would be welcomed by us." Jerroa looked behind him, towards his golden horse.

"Ha, this is my horse, Sunbane. What do you think of her? I was wondering if you could do me a favour... Id love you to see if she is content, I was thinking that as a horse kelvic you could understand her better than I can!"
Jerroa
A Wise, Lumbering Ape

Character sheet

Postby Tebridiar on November 25th, 2010, 8:19 pm

The Jamoura sounded a lovely people. Smart, caring... Tebridiar would need to visit this city one day. It almost sounded like fantasy, all these amazing places she wished she could see.

He had called her "The Golden Lady." Why? There was nothing, in Tebridiars eyes, that was particularly outstanding about her. Lean, long, red hair, blue eyes... if anything she was odd looking, ugly. It was nice to be regarded in a way, to be admired.

She jumped at the chance to inspect his horse.

"Jerroa, I would love to see your horse!" She whispered, voice rising in excitement. Her hands trembled slightly, she hadn't had a real chance to communictae with a horse in a while. "Ha, excuse me Jerroa! Im a bit... well, Im happy to have a look at her!"

She went to the side of a street, which was getting busier, and she out her head up to her muzzle. The mare was quiet, and curious. She blew warm air out of her fuzzy nostrils, he gold mane was blowing into Tebridiars hair, mingling to create a beautiful mixture of colour. She felt the horses energy flow through her, it was entirely positive. The horse was very happy to be with her owner. He treated her well, she was plump and well fed, and Jerroa appeared to prefer carrying his luggage rather than putting it on his horse.

"Jerroa, she is very happy! You treat her well, and as a friend of horses, you are a friend of mine!" Tebridiar felt rejuvinated after that experience with the mare, and she held out her hand to Jerroa as a token of friendship. "Anyway, Jerroa. Explain this to me-why call me "The Golden Lady"? Explain your thinking behind that, Jerroa! Im as plain as... hmmn, pebbles or something."

Tebridiar
She who Returned

Character sheet
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Jerroa on November 25th, 2010, 8:31 pm

Jerroa was delighted to knwo his companion was happy. He had tried to feed her well, with grass and hay and fruits that he cut from trees with his knife. He loved her to bits, he was more like a friend than a mount.

She kindly extended her hand, it was delicate yet strong, a bit like her personality. She smiled, and her eyes lit up.

"Thank you, Tebridiar! You are truly gifted. May your years forever be spent keeping creatures happy! Ah, as for the name, The Golden Lady, well... You seem almost noble, a princess. You may look young but you have intellect, and kindness beyond your years, and I hope people tell you that often! Don't let them say otherwise! Anyway, your hair, your aura even, was gold. You seem to belong in the Fall, Tebridiar. You hair is red, your eyes are blue like the oncoming ice of winter. But you arent cold, your warm, inviting. You have a heart of gold. And your hair radiated with it in the sunlight! I hope whoever you are living with, he treats you well. You deserve it!" Jerroa started humming softly to himself, a sort of jungle-like tune.
Jerroa
A Wise, Lumbering Ape

Character sheet

Postby Tebridiar on November 25th, 2010, 10:00 pm

Tebridiar was touched! Someone thought she was as beautiful as Autumn.

"The Golden Lady."

Well, each to their own. If Jerroa thought Tebridiar was beautiful, she wasn't going to keep arguing against it. But a princess? Really? God, this Jamoura must have been smoking or drinking something pretty strong.

"Jerroa, I am flattered. But Im not one for compliments! And I think you got the wrong message about my relationship with Kayiri, my Drykas rescuer. I am not bonded with him in any way, he doesn't own me, I am with him on my own free will. He is probably the only person who I have willingly shown my two forms to... and he does treat me well. But, although I would admit... I... like him, but I don't think he feels the same, so I will leave it at that. Anyway, I don't feel like settling down for a long time, Jerroa."

Tebridiar came near a more deserted part of town, and she sighed.

"I can't settle down. I wan't to see a lot of the world, currently. And I won't settle, I think, untill all my wounds have healed. And it will take a long time."

Tebridiar
She who Returned

Character sheet
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Jerroa on November 26th, 2010, 8:34 pm

Suddenly, the faint tragic aura that had seemed to cling to Tebridiar when he first saw her had returned.

She looked a little sad, a little lonely again. It was as if she thought she would forever be alone. He knew that kelvics enjoyed bonding with people, and they usually became very sad when the bond was broken. Jerroa thought that although she had wanted to be free from her master for a long time, she somehow felt a strange bond with him. A kelvic bond is hard to break.

But, again strange for a kelvic, she hadnt wanted to bond with her "Master." She was too mentally strong for that. She was intriguing.

"Well, girl, you want to travel the world? I have been trying to, oh yes. But its a lonely place sometimes. Without anyone to turn to, you can seem isolated. Even in the busiest of places, Tebridiar. And it seems to me that you understand this all too well." The Jamoura said softly to her. He understood many of the things she was experiencing. He had felt alone for a long time, and the Sunberth streets were unforgiving. As harsh as a barren desert, if you didn't know how to turn them to your advantage.

"I used to be "enslaved" in a way, Tebridiar. Enslaved by my own boundaries. But Im started to break them down. Im a learned man. And I want to use it, and harness it to the best of my abilities. I just need to find out how!" He gave a jovial laugh, but it contained a hint of sadness. "Yes. What is the point of intellect, if you don't have a way to use it."
Jerroa
A Wise, Lumbering Ape

Character sheet

Next