An Icy Rebirth [Cheshire]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Postby Emee on December 14th, 2010, 10:54 am

Emee smiled. "I'm glad to hear your brother has a more welcoming side to him. I would love to be properly introduced to him another day, when he is in a better state."

"I would rather you didn't show me the Menagerie. May be your kind feels pride over capturing and depriving animals of being who they are, but I will not congratulate you for it." Emee did not seem to be angry or disappointed, and he only barely thought about it for a second. The moment Leesha had mentioned it he knew it was wrong, and he did not like it. Yet there was little he could do, and it was not worth saddening his mind with such thoughts. "You are such a nice person. If the rest of your people are like you, I'd be delighted to meet more of them. Perhaps tomorrow? As far as I can recall, mortals are not nocturnal, and are best met at day."

Emee became quiet as they approached the park, and the rest of the world became bleak to him. It had been too long since he had seen the flora of this world, but he still loved it. His immortal existence had not changed anything, but had rather strengthened his perspective on the longlived, patient trees. "The best bits of this world will never fade or change, not even in the Cold Lands," he said and raised a hand as if to stroke the trees even though they were out of his reach. "What kind of parties? Could I join sometime you think?" He remembered something along the lines of parties from a past life. Him among a grout of people, both humans of low and high social reputation and many different races, standing in darkness under the moon, dressed only in it's moonlight, dancing on a big flat rock fashioned to catch the attention of Leth on his stride over the nightsky, dancing just to entertain Leth on his lonely journey... At day they did not know each other and might very well be enemies, but at night they gathered under Leth to be one and many.

"No... I can't feel anything. I can see it. It is wonderful, a sight you do not see many other places. And then I see the moon. It gives me heat when I'm cold and chills me when I'm warm. That is a part of me, for I belong to Leth. I would not trade that away, even for being like the Vantha. I think it's true that you have a connection to it. You are the children of Aurora, and all children of nature carry a tiny bit of nature's own beauty with them. I have heard a similar light shines far to the south. Do you think you would feel the same connection to that, like you do to this?" Emee giggled, tempted to sit down on the cold snow and watch the lights in the sky.
Emee
Oracle for rental

Words: 42624
Joined roleplay: November 23rd, 2010, 12:36 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet

Postby Cheshire on December 28th, 2010, 5:39 am

Although Leeshela respected that the man was new to this world, at least this time around she could not help but feel a bit hurt by Emee's comments about the Menagerie. He made it sound so terrible and inhumane! Leeshela knew Daluna and Reikanni quite well and she knew that the two, along with all the other workers in the Menagerie treated their animals better than their own families at times. Farren treated his animals better than any other person she had ever met. "I assure you, us Vantha treat our animals with the highest respect. There is no need to worry." She tried to smile at the man to show him she was being accepting but the comment was quite a big blow to her ego.

In the park the two walked toward the water's edge. "Of course you can come to the parties! Everyone is invited of course! Vantha are known for not only being great at celebrating but being very hospitable. Trust me, you will feel like a local in no time." She smiled and patted the Ethaefal on the back. "We have parties for everything! For birthdays, marriges, holidays, anything you can think of! Quite often we just celebrate for the spirit of celebrating though."

While looking at the night sky the two conversed about the sky. "I have not heard about the lights of the south but if they are anything like the ones we have here I would love to see them!" Leeshela yawned and pulled her coat closer around her. "Well I think I should head back to Coolwater hold my friend. You are right in the fact that as a child of Morwen I need my rest. I think I have enough energy to take you to the Warren's though. I don't want to go to bed without making sure you have a place to stay. Come, it will only take a few chimes to get you a place to stay." Leeshela trotted forward through the snow and beckoned the Ethaefal to follow.

About twenty chimes later the pair came upon a small building. Leeshela walked to the door and waved Emee in. "Hello! I'm looking for a living arrangement for this newcommer!" Words were exchanged in Vani and after about five chimes Leeshela turned to Emee. "Okay, if you like you can rent a cabin here! What do you think?"
Avanthal Lore | Vantha | Avanthal | Morwen
~-----------------------------------------------~
When I was just a kitten,
They said I'd be a gem.
But now that I'm a Cheshire Cat,
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire
Twenty Seconds of Insane Courage

Words: 336788
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2010, 9:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Power Fork (2)

Postby Emee on December 28th, 2010, 11:43 am

"I'm sure you do. I shouldn't judge you before I've seen it all." Emee smiled back, and even gave Leeshela a pat on the shoulder. He was disappointed over himself for saying what he had said. It might be true to him, but this lady might think of it as an art of her race. He knew that this was not a thing appropriate to mock, not when standing before the lady he owed his life to.

Emee nodded to Leeshela and followed her when she mentioned a place for him to be. He was interested in getting to know Leeshela's brother better, but not so much that he wanted to share room with him now that he had taken his clothes too. "Rent? I don't have much money with me, so I think I should get a job to earn me something I can pay with." Emee's hand moved to his chest, resting over a necklace. He had not noticed it before, but it was a simple silver coin resembling the moon. There was no way he was paying with that. "You are tired. I should walk you home, just to be sure you get home before sleep comes to you. Don't worry about me, I can find my way back here afterwards."
Emee
Oracle for rental

Character sheet

Postby Cheshire on January 3rd, 2011, 2:09 am

The moon rose higher in the sky as the two walked to Coolwater hold. "Of course we can find you a job. What do you do?" Asfter the words came out of Leeshela's mouth she blushed and covered her mouth. "Oh, I'm sorry Emee! Do you remember what jobs you had in your past life?" Word had gotten around about the Inarta that was now working for Skyglow and sharing their halls with them. She was not sure if the man could work for Coolwater but she was sure she could find work for him somewhere.

As the walk continued Leeshela looked up at the moon. "So do you remember anything? Sorry if that is prying." She had never met an Ethaefal before. She had a lot of questions. She could not help but wonder what the man looked like during the day. "Thank you for walking me back by the way. Icewatch keeps the city pretty safe but it is always nice to walk with someone."
They said I'd be a gem.
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Emee on January 3rd, 2011, 8:34 am

Emee closed his eyes and tried to bring forth what he remembered. He could easily bring up certain bits of multiple lives, and he could remember his time in the Ukalas. But he could only remember what he had worked as in his most recent life, and looking down at his hands he knew that they still knew how to go about his craft. He would need to refresh his memory somehow when he had the time for it. "Yes, I remember some things. I think I can work with cloth. I was a tailor. The best in the city, I might add, but I doubt I'm that proficient anymore. And I remember some lives beyond that too. I can't say just how far I could go if I tried... but I think I can go at least a few centuries back in time." In the Ukalas Emee hadn't thought much about his past, but maybe he would dig it up for this woman. No doubt at least one of his lives were unsuited to tell her about, but she might be interested in what he could tell her.

"I'm glad I could walk with you. You've been an enormous help for me this night, and if it wasn't for you and your men I might have to take upon a new life in this endless cycle of life," Emee said with a smile on his mouth. Then he became serious for a moment again. This was something he had had in his mind since he pulled himself up on Leeshela's ship. "I owe my life to your blood and kin. If you ever need aid, call for me and I shall come. I shall come for your sons and daughters, and their offspring again. And I will come if your brother needs me." He bowed as deep as he could manage, this time properly and not staggering like on the ship.
Emee
Oracle for rental

Character sheet

Postby Cheshire on January 10th, 2011, 7:52 pm

A tailor was always welcome in the Everwinter city! The most important factor would be if he could work with furs though. "Fantastic! I will get you a contact with Skyglow in the morning then! We always love to see good tailors. You can work with fur correct? As you can see, that skill is quite sought after here." Leeshela was glad to see the Ethaefal taking on this new life in Avanthal in such great stride. It took a lot of courage to just pick up somewhere new with only scraps of one's memories. She smiled at Emee and placed a hand on his shoulder. "The same goes for me. You were rescued by me so you have to be partially my responsibility right?" She laughed as she walked forward with her new friend. "I imagine just starting a new life might be hard and I am here if you ever need someone to listen. I might not have seen my fair share of heart break but trust me, Avanthal is not without it's mournful souls. Pasts the limits of the city are the Northern Wastes to the North and the Northern Reaches to the South. Both are extremely dangerous, especially to people who are not used to our Northern living. There are animals that put dire animals to shame." She looked mournfully to the north as if she was trying to see the Wastes. "There are animals that could kill you with one paw if they had the mind to. Just be careful if you wander alright?"
They said I'd be a gem.
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Emee on January 11th, 2011, 5:08 pm

Emee concidered it. He had worked leather, he was sure... but not fur. It would have to be a challenge then. "I'd love to try something new. We'll just have to see how it works out." Emee felt a weird feeling in his chest. He wasn't sure if he could explain it as a heavy or enlightening touch, but he knew it was good. He decided on the possibility of it being the feeling of safety and his soul being made whole. "Thankyou," he said, a little unsure and stuttering forth the letters while smiling. He hadn't cared for emotions in all his years in the ukalas, but this woman brought forth them with just words. "I'm glad I have someone I can talk to. You surely know a great deal of people who are glad to do that for you. Listening to what you have to say, I mean. But I won't mind if you ever need to talk to me. I don't know that much about this place, so I probably can't help, but..." Emee stopped there because he felt he didn't get any further, and was just making the conversation awkward. "I'll let the animals be and try not to wander off outside the walls. Most likely I'd just hurt myself and I'd end up owing someone my life... again."
Emee
Oracle for rental

Character sheet

Postby Cheshire on January 16th, 2011, 12:16 am

Coolwater hold was within seeing distance and in a way Leeshela was sad to see her walk with Emee get closer to its end. The man truly was kind. "I'm glad to hear it. I would not want to see you in trouble again. Of course, it is no problem helping you. That is what our hold is for. The water is our playground I suppose." She looked out to the sea and smiled. "One could even say we feel more comfortable at sea than on land." The Coolwater were a proud group who valued their ships almost as much as the Icewatch valued their bears. The Vantha tended to be like that though. Quick to love and ready to welcome.

"I'll get in touch with Warran Skyglow about working with him in his clothing shop. He works mostly with furs but I am sure that your leather skills will bring a lot of diversity in his store." Leeshela was not the biggest fan of clothing but there were some real fashionistas in Avanthal. "Don't worry friend. I'm sure that everything will work out well. There is always room for new people here. We are very welcoming people."
They said I'd be a gem.
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Emee on January 17th, 2011, 12:29 pm

"I like the sea. It's embrace is cold, especially around here, but the natural beauty in it is undeniable. The first glimpse of this world that came to me was when I looked up and saw a layer of ice over the cold darkness I floated helplessly in, and for a moment I thought I looked at clouds with green light shining through. I wish you could have shown you, but I'm not going back under the ice. Nor would I ever pull you under with me. But it was pretty, and I didn't notice the cold at first," Emee muttered. He surprised himself by saying this, but he didn't stop his thoughts from floating out of his mouth. It was true, he did like the sea. Avanthal wasn't his favorite place for enjoying water, but he didn't say anything in fear of insulting Leeshela. Besides, at this time of the year Avanthal was as good as any other place he could think of.

"Will he send for me if he can put use to me? When do you think I can start working, and at what hours?" Emee found himself greatly excited about starting work as a tailor again. He hoped he could get his own sewing kit and take it home with him so that he could work even when he wasn't at work. Clearly, clothes had gotten to his mind after all the years spent in the Ukalas.
Emee
Oracle for rental

Character sheet

Postby Cheshire on January 25th, 2011, 11:21 pm

The holds were well connected but they did not know each other's work schedules. It was not really important information but Leeshela could take a guess at the times. "I'll talk to Warran in the morning and if all goes well I would imagine he would see you around lunch time. Is that good?" He was sure Warran would be up earlier but she was unsure how the Ethaefal worked. Would the man just sleep all morning?

Exhaustion was clawing at Leeshela and she looked at Emee with sleepy eyes. "I hope that you will like working with Warran. He is a good man. Maybe you can get him out of his shop once in a while." Leeshela gave a little pout and smiled at Emee. "It is quite a shame. Warran is such a good looking man. It would be nice to see him out and about." With a little yawn Leeshela reached for the door of the hold. "I'll see you tomorrow Emee. Meet me at the Luminary Commons. I'll bring Warran." She gave Emee a little wave and then disappeared into the hold.
Mod NoteWe can either start a new thread where you meet Warran or you can just time skip to the next day if you like. Just remember to date if you timeskip :)
They said I'd be a gem.
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire

Office
Scrapbook

PreviousNext