An Icy Rebirth [Cheshire]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Postby Emee on November 25th, 2010, 5:33 pm

41st of autumn, 510 AV

Emee looked around himself. Up, down and to the sides. There was something that looked like green, dark clouds right above his head, and to all other sides there was nothing. The clouds nearly glittered when he turned his head just right, an effect he found to be really interesting. He smiled to himself, and tried to laugh. Bubbles came out of his mouth, and an icy cold liquid poured into him.

Puzzled he realized that he was sinking, and that he couldn't breathe. Panic reached him, and he tried to get up to the clouds again. He felt as if that would save him. With simple waving with his arms and legs, Emee made it up to the clouds much faster than he had expected, and his arms burst through.

Shattered clouds floated to the sides, making way for the rest of his body. A sensation of freedom and cold came over Emee, and he realized what touched him was air on his wet skin. He had memories of such, but it was a long time ago. This was not clouds over the abyss, but ice over an ocean.

As Emee tried to get hold of some of the ice, more and more of it shattered. It was all too fragile to hold his weight, but he needed to get out of water now. He knew he could die if he kept this up.

"Welp!", Emee rasped up in the first language that came to mind. He realized that the water in his body kept him from pronouncing anything right. He needed air. He had water. It was all wrong and messed up.
Emee
Oracle for rental

Words: 42624
Joined roleplay: November 23rd, 2010, 12:36 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet

Postby Cheshire on November 25th, 2010, 8:50 pm

Another sale to a naive vistor was finished and Leeshela sat in her rental shope with a smile on her face. She was now a good hundred mizas richer, of course a good amount if that would go back to her hold. She sat looking out at the sea through the window next to her desk. The same freezing sea looked back at her. She started to think back to going out on the sea with her father but the memories were cut short by a man bursting through the front door of the shop. "Leeshela! There is a man out in the water!" Leeshela did not want to leave the warmth of the shop but she could not justify staying in. It was her duty as a Coolwater to keep the waters and everyone who frequented them safe. She got to her feet and pulled her long black hair back into a lose braid. "Thank you for the concern, I will head out immediately." She nodded to the man and pulled on her jacket. All she could think was thank Morwen she was not the man in the water.

Within about ten chimes Leeshela had a small crew assembled and they set out to the sea. "Where did you say the man was? A younger Coolwater was standing with Leeshela and obviously a bit scared. She glared at the boy and looked out to the horizon. "He is not much further. Don't act like you have never been to sea before." She walked toward the front of the boat and looked toward the water. She pulled her coat closer around her and let out a little shiver. "Head straight. I see the man." Leeshela's eyes were serious and pointed forward. She was losing money every chime she was out looking for this man and that put her in a horrid mood.

"Out there! Drop the anchor!" One of the crew called to the rest of the ship. The crew went into motion. The anchor was thrown into the water, the ropes were being tied. Leeshela looked over the edge of the boat and saw the man in the waves struggling. "Sir, we are throwing you a line. Can you catch it and climb up onto the boat?" She grabbed onto the rope and swung it over the edge of the boat. The man would not have much trouble climbing up onto the boat, it was not the biggest on in Coolwater's fleet. "Don't worry sir, we will get you safely to shore!"
Avanthal Lore | Vantha | Avanthal | Morwen
~-----------------------------------------------~
When I was just a kitten,
They said I'd be a gem.
But now that I'm a Cheshire Cat,
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire
Twenty Seconds of Insane Courage

Words: 336788
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2010, 9:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Power Fork (2)

Postby Emee on November 25th, 2010, 9:21 pm

Emee rejoiced as a female voice reached his ears, and a rope fell into the dark water on his side. He was unable to make out the words that were spoken, but there was no doubt what the meaning was. Leth had guided the mortals to him in order to rescue him from what he feared would be a painful death. Without hesitation he grasped the line with both hands and pulled himself up with all the force his body could handle.

Upon reaching the ship's deck, he fell to his knees. He couldn't feel his legs. He couldn't feel anything, not even the biting cold night wind that played with his bright, golden hair. With a fist to his chest and face towards the deck, he tried to empty his lungs of water. He then glanced up at the lady who had saved him, and then at the moon. "The god of the Moon has led a beautiful lady of the Cold Lands before me. I wish to stand forever in your debt. May the moon shine upon you for your good deeds," Emee spoke as best as he could in the language he knew to be most common in the Cold Lands, although his tongue had difficulties with pronunciation.

Emee, in an attempt at seeming noble, tried to lift his right knee up to form a kneeling position before the fair lady. He failed, falling to the ground as his feelings slowly returned.
Emee
Oracle for rental

Character sheet

Postby Cheshire on November 29th, 2010, 5:22 am

"He is coming on board! Prepare the blankets! This man will need to be warmed immediately!" The entire crew scrambled along the deck preparing to aid the man coming up the rope. Leeshela held out a hand to the man and marveled at the being before her when Leth's light showed his face. "Could it be? Is it an Ethaefal?" Leeshela had never seen one before but all the signs were there. The horns, the etheral beauty, the way the moon seemed to complement his every move. When he talked the entire crew listened but none closer than Leeshela. She was always quite inclined to complements. "Thank you sir. I cannot take all the credit though. I have a wonderful crew on board with me." She waved to the scattered Coolwater members hustling around the deck. A young man rushed up to Leeshela's side and handed her a thick blanket. She took it with a nod of her head and handed it to the Ethaefal. "Sir, allow me to accompany you to the lower deck. It is far to cold up here for a wet man. You will freeze." She placed her hand on his back and led him to the lower level of the boat.

Once the two were safely inside the lower portion of the boat Leeshela offered a chair to the man. "Please sit, there is very much I would like to ask you. That is of course if you would like to share!" Leeshela sat down by the man and smiled. She wanted him to feel as welcome as possible. "We are the Vantha and we come from Avanthal. My name is Leeshela of Coolwater hold. What is your name? With all due respect you do not seem to be from around here."
They said I'd be a gem.
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Emee on November 29th, 2010, 7:37 am

Emee followed Leesha, trying to block out as much of the cold air as possible with the blanket. The ship that had picked him up was no huge ship, but it still had it's own beauty to it. Just by looking around he could see that the world had changed, but he felt it too. This world had been scarred, just like the ethereal plane. He was unsure as to what he could expect from the mortal world, but hopefully this stranger woman and her crew could be of assistance. He sat down, happy to see that Leesha would sit with him. "My name is...", he said, but stopped before he got to the name. He tried to dance with his tongue and play with the words, but his body refused. It hurt, trying to pronounce his name. "You may call me Emee. That is the last mortal name I can recall to be mine."

"As to my foreign nature, I believe I just fell from the stars. I slipped and there was a rift. I think my friends might have done something similar." Emee had a sad look to his eyes when he thought about his friends among the stars. Emee felt he should ask Leesha questions as well, but he couldn't think of anything related to their conversation. Yes, he had many questions... Did she prefer silk or wool? What was her favorite color? Just trivial matters. She would think he was out of his mind if he interrupted with those kinds of questions. Best to let her lead the conversation.
Emee
Oracle for rental

Character sheet

Postby Cheshire on December 4th, 2010, 1:06 am

So he was an Ethaefal. It was not everyday that Avanthal saw the decedents of the stars. Leeshela wondered how Morwen would react to the visitor. This man, Emee as he introduced himself as, was one of the sons of Leth. He fell from his dominion and he had more than likely shared time with the lunar god. Leeshela smiled at the man and crossed her legs. Her eyes took on a vibrant violet color as she grinned at the man. "Well you must be very enlightened Emee to share dominion with Leth! Of course I do not know why I am so amazed. Our own city is the home of Morwen, the Goddess of Winter. She has an open door policy so we can see her as we please. Was it like that with Leth? I imagine you are a song of Leth yes?" Leeshela got to her feet and walked over to the edge of the boat. They were nearing the shore. "If you like Emee, I can show you the city. Of course, we will need to get you some clothes. That is but a stone throw away though. I'm sure my hold has a few extra coats and pants laying around." Normally Leeshela would take up the opportunity to get some money of the lost man but she was a bit worried to try and trick him. He was a son of Leth and there for, he must have been carefully watched by the God. Of course those thoughts were likely to be wrong. The Ethaefal were truly a race full of mystery.

Once at the shore the crew rushed the Ethaefal to the Coolwater hold. The hold was a good size and right off the water. Inside there was a large common room which led off into different directions for different rooms. "Follow me Emee, I will take you to my brother's room. I'm sure he will not miss a coat and a pair of boots." The two walked down a hall and finally stopped at a room. "Steffan, open up! We have a guest!" A chime passed an a messy haired Vantha opened the locked door. He looked like he was just aroused from a nap and not happy about it in the least. "Sis, you know how I feel about bringing random men to my room." The Vantha was only half joking. Leeshela smiled as her eyes turned a playful green and pushed past her brother. "Emee, do not mind my brother. He is a bit if a slacker but he means well." She turned to her brother and smiled at him. "Emee here is a son of Leth, he will be borrowing some of your clothes." Steffan glared at his sister and then looked at Emee. "So, Ethaefal eh? That is the newest line my sister has given me for stealing my clothes. Where did she find you?" His eyes were a rich midnight blue as he talked with an obvious edge to his voice. Steffan was a nice guy but he did not like to be woken up. Not even by Morwen, although she never tried.
They said I'd be a gem.
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Emee on December 4th, 2010, 10:16 am

"Not too enlightened, no. Leth is a busy man, stopping only for Syna. Even that he wouldn't risk doing more often than a few times per year, and their time even then is spare. I would very much like to council with the Goddess Morwen, but I have little to discuss with her for the time being. Is she at good health? Her domain feels well taken care off, to be modest." Emee giggled, a light and effortless tone with happiness that was as if you could touch it when it rolled out of him. "Clothing, you say? I would love to examine the clothes of the Cold Lands. I suppose you use a lot of wool and fur around here."

Emee tried to hurry after the crew as much as he could, not wanting the snow to get him cold. It was hard to follow though, for at the same time he tried to study as much as he could of the world. A lot had changed since last time he was here, but the people were the same. Vantha. They were such pretty beings, and he loved to listen to their tales. "Ethaefal? Yes, that is what you could call someone like me. Your sister saved me from drowning. Where, I do not know, for this world is not like it used to be. If before the Valterrian, I would probably recognize the sea and say it's name. She found me off shore, in the water." While talking, Emee took the clothes Leeshela had found for him and studied them. They were simple, but of fine craftsmanship. "Thank you, brother of Leeshela. I owe you another pair of clothes and boots for this," he said and slipped into his new clothes. They were too wide on the chest and shoulders, but he did not say anything.
Emee
Oracle for rental

Character sheet

Postby Cheshire on December 12th, 2010, 8:22 pm

A dark look was shot in Emee's direction. "It's Steffan, Steffan Coolwater. Don't worry about the clothes, I'm sure I can go get a Skyglow to make me some new clothes. I mean we have a visitor of the Ukalas. Why don't we just give him a petching room to stay in." Leeshela heard her brother's harsh words and walked over to Emee. "Steffan, be nice! I swear you were raised by wolves sometimes." She glared at him and then handed Emee the clothes. "I'm very sorry about my brother. He is a little rude at times but all in all he is a kind guy." The Ethaefal was given a warm set of clothing. The outfit constited of a coat lined with snow hare fur, mittens, snow hare boots, and a warm pair of pants. "These should keep you warm. Get dressed and we will set off to town. I'll show you around and if you are thinking of staying here we'll find you a place where you can stay." With that said Leeshela pulled Steffan from the room and left the Ethaefal to change on his own.

When the Ethaefal was finished Leeshela greeted him warmly. Steffan had left claiming he had a boat to build so it was just the two of them. "Now you are looking ready for the city. I'm surprised you lasted so long in the cold. You put us Vantha to shame!" She smiled and motioned for Emee to follow. Where would you like to vist first? We have many interesting places. We have a beast market, a park, an ice skating rink. Hmmmm, well what do you like? I'm sure we can find something that fits your interest."[/b] Leeshela had never given anyone a tour of Avanthal. She was usually cooped up at the boat rental store. She was thankful for the break but she also was lost on how to show the man the city.
They said I'd be a gem.
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Emee on December 12th, 2010, 9:15 pm

"Give him some time. We men do not age in the same manner women do. Eventually, he will understand the greater picture of things, catching up with the rest of the world and be at peace. Give him a century or so, by then he will have changed perspective a great deal of times. Humans do change, and with all these changes he must at least slip by one view of life that gives place for accepting his fellow mortals," Emee said as he started changing clothes. He did not try to keep his voice down, with the hopes that Steffan would grasp what he meant with his words and consider it. When Steffan and Leesha stepped outside, Emee's curiosity for how the world had changed grasped him. He put the rest of his new clothes on, and wandered about in the room looking at the furniture, walls and decorations in the room. Things didn't look like this when he walked the earth, that was for sure. Whether this was one of the good or a bad changes, he did not know yet. He wanted to see the beauty of the new world as a whole before judging it.

I can't wait to see the city. And you need not feel ashamed: There is no shame in helping a dying man. The Vantha is an honorable people, and maybe your honor alone is enough to keep you alive in such water. Have you ever tried? I would not test my durability in the water again, even if I knew how long I could keep going. Death and resurrection I can tolerate for millenniums, but pain is a scar on my memory that I carry with me even past death. It is not something to toy with. As Emee said this he looked sad as he was reminded of past lives with pain, hardship and hunger. Leesha's smile warmed him though, and he could not keep the face for long. The thoughts were easily pushed away by his light, yet sturdy will. His face lightened up, almost literally, as he smiled and the moon's reflection in his skin changed. "What happens at the beast market? It sounds horrifying. Ice skating might be fun, but I fear my body is not in the proper shape for such activities just yet. Perhaps you could show me the park?"
Emee
Oracle for rental

Character sheet

Postby Cheshire on December 14th, 2010, 2:39 am

The Ethaefal spoke with an air of intelligence that one who had never seen the world known as the Ukalas would never know. His knowledge was seemingly untampered by modern prejudice and Leeshela saw it. "Your words are kind Emee. Not many people would forgive me brother so quickly. You should see him well rested someday. He truly is a great guy."

Once out on the town Leeshela began to speak of the Menagerie. "The Menagerie really is not that scary. All the animals are well trained and kept in their own yards or stores. Even the more dangerous animals are kept under control. If you are a fan of animals it is truly a place to see!" Her eyes kept darting to Emee to make sure he was not too cold. "The park is not to much farther. It is a great place to meet people."

After a few chimes Leeshela and Emee reached the gates of the park. "Well here we are, Windward Boardwark." The park was large and divided into seven sections, one for each hold, all surrounding a large park in the middle. There were stone tables and benches along with a large frozen fountain in the center. "This is our park for all intents and purposes. It is cold but still it works for us. Sometimes we have parties here while other times we use it just for a meet up for friends. Come, I'll show you the Coolwater section. There is a great view of the aurora there."

Boots crunched in the snow as the two walked through the park. Leeshela worried that her ethereal visitor might be cold but she hoped that if he was he would tell her. She had been in the park a million times. She would have no problem taking him somewhere warm. Within the Coolwater section it was a short walk to the coastline. It was here that the snow meet the water and the aurora shone bright. Of course the lights of the sky shone brightest at Skyglow hold. This place took a close second though. "Pretty great huh? It is said that the aurora is a part of us, the Vantha that is. It shines through our eyes and hair. I guess that is why we feel a connection to it. Do you? It is in the night sky…although I would imagine you would feel closer to the moon right?"
They said I'd be a gem.
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire

Office
Scrapbook

Next