Building My Character Questions

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Amunet on July 11th, 2015, 4:44 pm

Thank you so much for responding when you do. Just dont want to forget to do that. :)

building a Drykas Healer.
Base concept is that she was born of a Opal clan female that was married to someone in the ruby clan. This person didnt have the healing gift but her daughter Amunet ended up with it.

question: do the clans inter marry for politics/necessity/build relationships among the clans.
if not i can change the story.

question: the Healing skill. That is magical Healing. Is that under skills or is that something that is clan based she acquired from the Opal bloodline.

More questions: How do you list racial skills? clan skills? how do those grow?

well.. here comes a few more: Because of the nature of Drykas would skills like cooking be a given? what are common skills that points would not be needed for.

Lore is confusing but foraging in the grasslands i think i managed to pare down.

Thats probably good for a start.
Amunet
**The Healer** There has to be a better way!

Words: 565239
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2015, 3:30 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Branimir on July 11th, 2015, 5:39 pm

Hey there. While I can't answer all your questions, the only way to have magical healing abilities is via the Gnosis of Rak'keli as far as I know. So that's what you'd need.

As far as Racial Skills are concerned I presume you mean your Racial Bonus skills which are just marked as RB (Racial Bonus as opposed to SP for Starting Package) and otherwise behave like normal skills.

There are no common skills that points aren't required for outside of your racial bonus. If you want your character to reliably make edible and healthy food they'll need the cooking skill. In practice it's probably not as clear cut but if you want your character to be able to do something... get the akill.
Branimir
Player

Words: 69460
Joined roleplay: June 27th, 2015, 1:27 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Amunet on July 11th, 2015, 5:44 pm

Since im building a healer, i know from what i read that you have to rp to get gnosis but not sure how to go about that since no one knows me or my character.
Amunet
**The Healer** There has to be a better way!

Words: 565239
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2015, 3:30 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Nephti on July 11th, 2015, 7:27 pm

Actually, if you are starting as a new character you just have to submit a ticket to the Help Desk. They should help you. I'd recommend you read the lore about gnosis first though.
Nephti
Player

Words: 198805
Joined roleplay: May 31st, 2015, 5:44 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes