Nephti's Plotnotes

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This forum is an OOC forum for PCS and Organizations to work out plans in hardcopy. Each PC or Organization gets a single thread where their players can help work out plans for their PC. Quests, mini-sagas, and Trips can all be organized here as well working out timelines and points of travel and things PCs need to do along the way. Each PC however gets only one Plotnote for their individual PC. Groups get one as well. There is no limit on individuals posting saga or trip plotnote threads. Please denote [PC Plotnotes] or [Group Plotnotes] or [Quest/Trip/Saga Plotnotes] when titling your threads.

Nephti's Plotnotes

Postby Nephti on December 20th, 2015, 6:41 pm

Navigation

*Language ~~~
*Faith ~~~
Last edited by Nephti on December 20th, 2015, 6:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nephti
Player

Words: 198805
Joined roleplay: May 31st, 2015, 5:44 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Nephti's Plotnotes

Postby Nephti on December 20th, 2015, 6:44 pm

Language

Arumenic
*Nephti sees Arumenic as a spiritual language and uses it to speak to the gods.
*Perfectly fluent and thinks it sounds beautiful.

Common
*Nephti is forced to converse in this language the most.

Used:

Shiber
*A language that contradicts with prior prejudices.
*Taught to her by the Benshira who taught her fortune telling.
Last edited by Nephti on August 24th, 2017, 2:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nephti
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Nephti's Plotnotes

Postby Nephti on December 20th, 2015, 6:48 pm

Faith

Priskil

Uses of the Gnosis :
Branding
Her hand began to glow, a mild light emanating from it, and the fire in the room burned that little bit brighter. Nephti's eyes were closed, focused on the mark and on bringing its power to life. The light soothed her, removing her fear, and in turn making her stronger. Perhaps it would sooth Sayana as well, and the woman's anger would be gone.
The Wolf's Cave
She could feel the lights through the tunnels. There were many, burning brightly, leading her way as she dodged between zith and kelvic. Priskil's gift let her feel the presence, using it to try navigate through the maze.
"I.." she stuttered, closing her eyes and concentrating on Priskil, on the emotions of innocence and hope. A mild glow came from her palm, soothing her fear.
Show them the light," a muttered prayer, in Arumenic. Her hand began to glow, but she didn't even see the mild glow, focusing hard, harder. The fire behind the zith picked up a little, glowing a little brighter, as did nearby candles. Courage, light and hope came to the zith nearby, lifting some negative emotions.
Behind Red Eyes
The marked hand. The orbs grew brighter, larger, purer. They shifted towards her, towards their mark.
A Million Cards
Closing her eyes, Nephti raised a hand, the marked hand, and let the gnosis burn with its light, with an attempt to give the busker that little bit of courage he needed to fight back.

Speaking of Priskil :
New Beginnings
"It is the mark of my goddess," she said in common, before shifting to Arumenic, "Priskil, goddess of hope and light, and my friend, marked me, blessing me with hope and strength. A gnosis mark, it is called, and she gave it to me for having hope even when the light was weakest."
The Wolf's Cave
"The light, hope. Gave Priskil, goddess to me. Gives hope to me. Gives hope to you?" she asked, knowing that the effects spread not only to her but to those near. The zith boy nodded, feeling the positive feelings that came from it.
Hold On, Pain Ends
"May Priskil help you find yourself," she blessed the woman, smiling softly.
Call to Arms
"Priskil loves you. Priskil watches over. Take weapon, be vigilant. Have hope. Bring light to what lies beyond. She go with you. Fight for light. Help for light. No fear. Only hope, Priskil with you."
"Be brave. Priskil is with you," she announced, to herself and to the others, "What is this?"
Reflections of Truth
She traced an N on the swirling vortex, breathing slowly as she recovered from her outburst. "Priskil did not agree. I know her. She wouldn't." Punishing Morwen was one thing. Nephti refused to believe that the goddess of light and hope, her goddess, could find such cruelty acceptable. "So I do not agree. They need help from people."
A Million Cards
"It is a gift from Priskil. I can make light, which makes others have hope and brave - be brave. She is a kind goddess and I want to be too."
"I can teach you. Priskil, and more, but more I do not know well. But Priskil, yes. She is the goddess of hope, and light, and vigil- vigilance," she stumbled over the last word, blushing slightly at her speech, "Lots of gods think Eypharians, humans, Kelvic are all not as good. But Priskil, she is kind and she loves us all, and she understands us. Her work is to bring hope and light, because we all need it."... "Priskil loved a god, Aquiras. He is god of travel and doors. She had he, and he had she. That was all they needed. Long ago, people forgot about them. They did not care for they did not need people to remember. But a man,Sagallius, evil, came and killed Aquiras. Sagallius took power and became god. Aquiras died. But Priskil had hope. She took him to secret place to hide and protect. And now, when watchtowers give light, it is the light of Priskil. She gives her light as sad and hope and shows to all the world. So one day she can have Aquiras and love back."
But I came here and learned about Priskil and about hope. So I was not scared, not as much. The goddess gave me her mark and then one day I was free. So much happened. But all now is I have to help Priskil and give hope, so have to help Vantha.

Prayers :
Branding
"Priskil, help." She should have been a better follower, vigilant and not trying such magic.
New Beginnings
"Priskil keep me safe." Hope helped her through.
Missing Persons
Nephti followed briskly behind, walking quickly and clutching her gnosis as she did, whispering quick prayers to Priskil in Arumenic.
Behind Red Eyes
"Priskil, light my way," she whispered, hugging herself with her mid hands.
Call to Arms
She took the handle confidently, breathing deeply as she closed her eyes for a split second, a quick prayer to her goddess. "Light my way." Then, to the man, "Priskil light yours."
Mr Illusion and a More Fun Card Game
Looking back up at the light from the fake sky, she smiled, rubbing her gnosis as she spoke to Priskil, her words silent but powerful. Look after them, she thought, look after them as you have looked after me. Give them hope for the future, for I have seen how they are slowly improving. Give them hope that they will have everything they want again, everything they deserve again. She smiled softly. I’ll do my best to give them hope too.

Spreading Hope :
Sleeping Stranger
"Don't worry, Sayana. Hold onto hope and Priskil will help you."
Hope was what she lived for. Priskil had given her a gift. Now it was time that she gave others the very thing the goddess stood for.
"I will," she whispered, to Sayana, to Priskil and to herself, "I will give them all hope."

The Wolf's Cave
"Priskil. Hope."..."Gives hope to you." This time it was not a question, but a statement, a blessing. She repeated it in her mother tongue, the sentence more developed, "Let Priskil shine down on you from the stars and bless you with hope too."
But Nephti did it anyway, concentrating on the mark as it began to glow. This time, she tried a little hypnotism, reaching out to touch the zith's hand lightly with her glowing hand. Djed twisted around the touch, Nephti pushing forward emotions of hope and happiness. The man needed support, these would give him the strength to move forward. Hopefully. She willed the feelings in herself, then focused on the magic spreading out, shifting through her body then his.
Hold On, Pain Ends
His eyes lit with recognition and hope, a deep and powerful feeling. He had wanted to hear that. And now he felt strong.
Reflections of Truth
"I have to give them hope," she whispered softly to herself, reminding herself what her goal had always been to do. Rubbing the gnosis some more, she watching the swirling light. "Help me." It

Miscellaneous :
Branding
"But I swear on Priskil - never use it again on you."
A Grande Ole Party
Faith. Belief. Hope. She could do them, she had the marks to prove it. The faintest of lights came from her hand, from the mark from the goddess. She could do this.
New Beginnings
The girl herself knew the power of hope, and bore the mark of the goddess herself, but others didn't, and she needed to show them.
A Future Stained In Red
Besides, the city needed her, Sayana needed her, Priskil needed her to stay and provide light and hope. Priskil needed her to be the light in the shadows, to restore order to the city changed overnight.
"On Priskil, I won't betray you." The candor of her speech shone through. A promise on Priskil was a promise she wouldn't break.
The Wolf's Cave
We shine, the dark fears. Together light beat dark. Always."
Hold On, Pain Ends
She had Priskil on her side. She was vigilant, and had hope, and light filled her life. The shadows could follow her, but could not come near for fear of being extinguished.
The last card she placed looked lovingly up at her. The Star card. Hope. Nephti smiled, looking up towards the sky. Somewhere up there, Priskil watched over her, smiling straight back.
Missing Persons
In the eyes of Priskil, race made no difference. Only hope and faith in her. Nephti would always put that first.
Call to Arms
But Priskil wouldn't have sent her here to die. She had to be positive, vigilant, but most of all, have hope. She needed hope for herself, but hope for everyone else. That was why she was here.
Nephti's Fortune
"Priskil marked me. The goddess of light and hope. I can make light. The light is a good light - it gives hope, it makes people feel good..."
She was Priskil's daughter, in a sense, a follower of light and hope. She would cling to the hope of Sayana's return, and hopefully, she would. She had to have hope in it, however.
Epistolary
Priskil looked down on her now. Priskil looked down on her cowardice, and Nephti looked down on herself too. She had been marked - marked! - yet she threw that all away to keep a memory that she held. Even when all her hoping was rewarded, she wasn't happy. Would she ever be happy?
Reflections of Truth
His next question was innocent, spoken with a soft voice that could have mimicked Priskil's own caring one. Without thinking about it, she moved a hand up, brushing at the water with a marked hand. Simply the touch of a gnosis gave her strength and she decided she didn't care at all, even now that it had been picked up on.
If Priskil did something wrong, Nephti would not care. She would worship her anyway.
For a moment, she was ashamed, ashamed of them all, including Priskil. Why hadn't the goddess done something? Why hadn't she stood up or saved the Vantha? Then she realised why she hadn't. Because she had Nephti, the girl blessed with her mark, who would fight for her, and reach the Vantha in ways only Nephti could. And she was just waiting for the girl to do something.
A Goal Without A Plan
Her body trembled, before she closed her eyes, reminding herself why she did this. There was nothing to be scared of. Priskil would protect her.
They needed a voice. None could step out of the shadows for long enough to give it. Nephti had a chance, and she was willing to step up to take it, no matter the consequences. People knew her - they knew her as a young girl who looked up for those who needed help, someone who wanted life and good. She had helped the Zith, helped look for the missing people. She had entered the door to fight the undead. She had spoken for Priskil, and for hope.
She would try anything and everything and place her entirely into the position as Priskil's blessed, ready to protect those that needed protection, shine for those who needed light and save those who needed saving.

Important Mentions :
The Nuances of Noon
In which Nephti works as a messenger from Priskil to give hope to a woman considering killing herself. In doing so, she gains the support of another Priskil worshipper and forms an Order of Radiance chapter in Alvadas.
Hold On, Pain Ends
In which Priskil appears to Nephti; on-hold indefinitely
Telegram!
In which Nephti sends a message to the woman who introduced her to Priskil, in a hope of convincing her to join the Order of Radiance.
Waves of Hope
In which Nephti attempts to use her fortune telling cards to spread hope to a woman struggling with her husband's illness.
The Kindness of Strangers
In which Nephti speaks about Priskil to Sorla, who seems to need hope more than anything.
Every Action, A Consequence
In which Nephti sets out on her final task serving Priskil by giving hope to the Vantha.
Last edited by Nephti on June 21st, 2017, 8:54 am, edited 7 times in total.
Nephti
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Nephti's Plotnotes

Postby Nephti on December 27th, 2015, 8:33 pm

Relationships
text
Nephti
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Nephti's Plotnotes

Postby Nephti on November 10th, 2016, 8:39 pm

Knowledge

Races
*Akalak - from her time as a slave passing through Riverfall. She knows that they are big and blue and scary, and that as a woman she should stay as far away from them as possible.
*Akvatari - although she has never seen one in real life, she has experienced an illusion of Sayana resembling one, and knows the name of the race. Believes them to be more of a fairy tale than reality.
*Benshira - a slave race to her younger eyes, she had little respect or care for their culture. Currently, she hates herself for thinking that, and will take the chance to learn about them, which she hasn't done yet.
*Chaktawe - has seen a few in her life, but knows little about them other than their appearance and general traits.
*Dhani - the same race that kidnapped her and sold her into slavery, Nephti is immediately apprehensive at meeting one, but tries to look past this. She has a general understanding about their shapeshifting and distinctive traits.
*Ethaefal - a race she only recognise from pictures in fairy tales. She hasn't yet realised that they exist.
*Ghost - although she's never met a ghost, Nephti is aware that the dead sometimes return in a misty form that can possess people.
*Human - of course she knows about humans. Sometimes she wonders how they survive with only having two arms. Then she realised Eypharians have been blessed to have so many.
*Inarta - red headed humans. She hasn't yet learnt that they have a different culture.
*Kelvic - Nephti has had two bonds, one weak one as a child when she thought they were just pets, and one with Arisia. Her knowledge about them is changing quickly, and she's starting to understand that they can be very human after all.
*Konti - a pale, beautiful race, a few of which she met in her days in Riverfall. Other than their appearance, Nephti knows nothing, and believes that there are both male and female konti.
*Pycon - a shock whenever she sees them, Nephti is still on the verge of believing that they are an illusion of some sorts.
*Svefra - humans who like boats.
*Vantha - as detailed as she could find out while they were being hunted. She knows about their home place, their eyes and their goddess, and has tried to help a few.
*Zith - strangely, Nephti isn't very scared of these monster-looking people. She's never really had a bad experience with them, and has grown used to the sight after Sayana was illusioned to resemble them. She recognises that their language is impossible for her to understand.

Gods

Cities
*Ahanatep - Nephti's birthplace, she sees this as a city of beauty and light. On her most recent visit in Summer 516, she began to see the beauty behind it unravel and decided it was best to keep visits minimal and short, to prevent her bright memories being replaced with dark ones. Despite that, she loves this city.
*Alvadas - her knew home, Nephti has grown accustomed to the illusions and lack of normality to the extent that other cities feel unnatural when the streets don't change. Although she's by no means an expert on the city, she knows it well enough to clearly not be a foreigner.
*Syliras -
Last edited by Nephti on November 26th, 2017, 12:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nephti
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Nephti's Plotnotes

Postby Nephti on November 10th, 2016, 9:30 pm

Goals and Plots

Religion
*Second gnosis of Priskil
*Set up Order of Radiance
*Convert someone to Priskil
*Preach about darkness of Rhysol
*Actively challenge a follower of Sagallius
*Do some minor Ionu worshipping
*Make an ally who's a follower of Ionu Mr Illlusion, duh

Summer 517
Multiplayer-character challenges: Must be completed with another PC).

*Have a bizarre encounter on the streets of Alvadas whilst being unable to get home. ~Happens all the time
*Attend any kind of cultural event in the city. [E] ~All of them?
*Become intoxicated and suffer a consequence [2. Lose an item of clothing] ~ A shawl - no a shoe! Cinderella style!
*Tell a secret. ~ Ooh, this could be fun!

Skill-based challenges:

*Use a skill beginning with 'R'. ~ Rhetoric... although riding could be fun
*Lose the use of your character's highest statted skill for one day. ~observation? going blind would be terrifying!
*Set a skill goal level for your character, post it in the OOC, and complete it by the end of the season. ~
* Complete a job thread at one of three locations. [1. The Crooked Playhouse] ~ boring.. but I need job threads anyway. she could break into a room or something?

PC-development challenges:

*Discover, or experience, your character's biggest fear. ~what would this be
*Make an offering to Ionu, or your character's favoured deity. ~or both?
*Reminisce about a pivotal point in your character's history. ~Um... she's got a few. (slavery/priskil)
*Strengthen a bond of friendship or deepen an animosity after one of three events. [2. Beating a PC at a competition] ~

Previous
spoiler :
Syliras
*Challenge- Get told off by a miniature knight.
*Challenge- Initiate or break up a drinking party gone wrong.
Nyka
*Challenge- Brave a night trying to get into the crack in the earth.
*Challenge- See the Azure Lady. *
*Challenge- Lord over a fellow citizen.
Zeltiva
*Challenge- Try to figure out the patterns of the dog's movements.
*Challenge- Find a knowledge book. (Please PM me for this challenge).
Ravok
*Challenge- Sink a building.
*Challenge- Have a fight with a Rhysol-worshipper.
*Challenge- Have a philosophical discussion about good and evil. What does it really mean, anyway?
Mura
*Challenge- Try to bring colour in (this includes the 'colour' black).
*Challenge- Make friends, and peace, with an anarchistic 'Sunberthian' or a thuggish 'Nykan'.
*Challenge- Have a vision. (Please note, visions must not actually be true).
Taldera
*Challenge-Build a snowman or get into a snowball fight. Everyone loves a good snowball fight.
*Challenge- Kill a Vantha. - not happening
*Challenge-Encounter the large glacier of Avanthal-Alvadas and live to tell the tale, or not.
Riverfall
*Challenge- Develop your Akalak shadow, and either come to terms with it or reject it entirely.
*Challenge- Learn a brand-new combat skill up to at least 5XP.
*Challenge- Attend a Speaker's event and empathise with either the Speaker or the Speaker's victim.
Endrykas
*Challenge- Ride a horse at nighttime in the exhilarating races.
*Challenge- Come face-to-face with a grassland predator and live to tell the tale.
*Challenge- Make something from scratch!
Kenash
*Challenge- Get caught in a bog!
*Challenge- Make a potion, lotion, or concoction from the strange plants and fruits growing around 'Alvadash'.
*Challenge- Buy an elaborate hat and wear it in public.
Ahnatep
*Challenge- Stand in a sandstorm, or brave a swim.
*Challenge- Spend a day with six arms! any thread I did this season
*Challenge- Make your PC suffer from extreme heatstroke.
Falydnar
*Challenge- Climb a tree. completed!
*Challenge- Provoke a wild creature and suffer the consequences.done!
*Challenge- Get lost in the jungle and sleep overnight in the wilderness.
Lhavit
*Challenge- Undertake your normal daytime activities at night.
*Challenge- Try and prise off a diamond, and suffer the consequences.
*Challenge- Climb a mountain!
Wind Reach
*Challenge- Partake in a sweet-making activity, and sample your wares.
*Challenge- Attempt to ride the vicious, illusion eagles. (Please note, none will actually let you fly, but all have curious personalities that you can try to win over. ;) )
*Challenge- Prank a red-head, or dye your own hair red.
Alvadas
*Challenge- Step into the maelstrom. (Please submit a link to the thread if anyone attempts this, and I will post what happens).
Nephti
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes