Closed [Kendoka Sasaran] Dance of Daggers (Ayatah)

Duron heads to Kendoka Sasaran to train and meets a new acquaintance.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

[Kendoka Sasaran] Dance of Daggers (Ayatah)

Postby Duron on July 28th, 2015, 4:50 am

The cerulean watched with cold eyes as the myrian woman stumbled backward at his kick. Aferan felt bad for the amount of force that he put into the kick. However, Duron had a feeling that the myrian woman would be insulted if he started pitying her, so he buried his thoughts of compassion for the sake of Ayatah's pride. The myrian quickly recovered from his strike, and the reject have her a smile at her determination to continue the spar. When Ayatah's attack came, the akalak watched her first attack with the right dagger slash upwards from his waist to his shoulder. The cerulean knew that he had no chance of parrying it, so he jumped backward out of reach of the first slash. Being to focus on the right hand, he didn't notice the left dagger coming towards his face. Feebly, the reject brought his left fist up in front of face and brought his arm up into a high block. This block was meant to intercept the left dagger or fist, but he was to slow with his block to intercept the left hand, so Ayatah's fist connected with his mouth. If it was a real dagger, she could have killed him, but luckily, he was just struck in the jaw by her knuckles.

When Ayatah fist struck him in the jaw, Duron felt the pang of pain for a moment than dizziness. Stumbling back, it took a chime for him to fully recover for the blow. For most of the chime, the tattooed akalak stood in place as he rubbed his jaw to make sure nothing was wrong with it. Looking up at Ayatah, the akalak said with nod of respect, “I would be dead if you used your real blades. Good strike, Ayatah. I will have to use that combo in the future.” Rubbing his jaw, Duron gave the warrior woman a smile. He was really enjoying his spar with this woman even though he was starting to tell if she got serious with him. He wouldn't stand a chance against her. The cerulean knew that he should just distance himself from her, but he wanted to get to know her after her spar. It was obvious that he was attracted to her physically, but he was curious about her life in the Falyndar. He was sure that she had fascinating stories and secrets about the jungle that she could share with him. The akalak laughed and said with a wink, “However, if you kill me, I plan on haunting you. You are forewarned, myrian!”

Getting back into his stance, Duron held the lakan, so the wooden blade came out the top of his right fist. As he held the lakan over the top of his head, he made sure the wooden blade was protecting the left side of his face and his right fist was protecting his abdomen. When the reject stepped forward, the cerulean brought the lakan around his head and slashed horizontally across her chest. He was anticipating for the myrian woman to either jump back out of reach of his lakan or step forward and block or parry his simple dagger strike. He would come up with own combo if he caught her off-guard, but figured that he would need to think on his feet to win this round.
Active Threads: 4/6
Duron
Player

Words: 80620
Joined roleplay: July 12th, 2015, 5:54 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ayatah on July 30th, 2015, 2:11 pm

The Myrian gave a small yelp that was embarrassingly wimpish and high-pitched. Kicks to the gut she could deal with, but she had not intended to connect her fist to the Akalak's jaw. She had not shaped her fist well for a punch, nor had she anticipated the strike to land. The contact was instantly painful. Snapping her hand away from his face, Ayatah inspected her fingers. Nothing was broken, thankfully, but her knuckles did hurt tremendously. She winched and whistled as she massaged her left hand with her hand.

Thankfully, Druon too also seemed to be suffering from the punch. A ghost of a smirk fluttered on Aya's lips. At least she was not the only one in agony, though the Myrian thought she might as well be honest to the poor Akalak about her intentions. "It was more luck than skill, I promise. If I tried it again, I'd probably break all my fingers." To his threat about haunting her, Ayatah laughed. She had initially thought the blue male to be intensely serious, but she appreciated his dry sense of humour. She cracked her knuckles in yet another paranoid effort to ensure they were not broken. Once satisfied, Aya collected her second dagger from the floor, which she had previously dropped. "Perhaps if we both survive this," she said coyly, clearly working towards an invitation of some sort, "we could recuperate with a drink afterwards?" She spoke casually, but in actual fact a crippling nervousness gripped Aya. Her invitation had not been particularly flirtatious, but it was hard to ignore the chemistry between the two of them. She was attracted him, and even if her offer of drinks had been erring on the side of caution, she would feel a little rebuffed if he said no.

Fortunately, they launched back into a spar before Druon could answer. Ayatah preferred it that way; it removed any tension or awkwardness that may have otherwise lingered around. Druon raised an arm above his head in prepartion for another strike. Ayatah hopped to the side and back, landing unsteadily on her feet but landing all the same. She flexed her knees, finding her balance, and jabbed her left hand upwards, towards his stomach. Her hand gripped the dagger in a reverse-hold, leading with her little finger. Whilst this grip was not as strong as a forward-hold, it did mean Aya wouldn't risk hurting her fingers again should her jab be blocked. Her right hand was held horizontally in front of her face, preparing to block a counterattack should one come.

Ayatah
The Scholarly Savage

Words: 667148
Joined roleplay: December 27th, 2012, 11:30 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Duron on August 2nd, 2015, 6:18 pm

As eyes widened in shock as the myrian woman actually asked him out for a drink. She must be a visitor the city if she didn't know about the plight of the akalak in the Cerulean Cult. She must not know that people thought him as unpredictable and dangerous. This instability was the reason that he couldn't marry or raise children because he might hurt the woman or the child. However, Ayatah didn't know the stigma, so all she saw when she look at him as just another blue male. He wondered what her reaction would be when she finds out Duron's true nature? Would she hate him? Would she scared to be around him? Would she try to kill him since she was myrian? These questions brought a cloud of anxiety into his mind, and he could feel his heart start to pound in anticipation. However, what if he accepted her invitation? He might be able to feel something that the state denied him when they tattooed his face. He might be able to know the loving embrace of a woman. Something, he always knew was taboo, but he daydreamed about it nonetheless. He knew it was selfish, but he personally needed to take a chance with it. What would be the point of living if he lived four hundred years without finding personal happiness. Duron knew that he would have to give her a answer, but he was just about to attack, so he just gave her a warm smile and tried to focus on the present and not the potential future.

Duron watched Ayatah jump back and to the side to evade his attack. No surprise her evade worked. The tattooed akalak saw the tan skinned woman spring forward and jab the reverse end of the dagger at his abdomen. The reject side stepped to the right to evade the attack, but he stayed close enough to keep him in range for another attack. While he brought his right hand back to the right side of his abdomen with lakan in hand. Duron brought left unarmed fist up and sweep it across the left side his abdomen to deflect her left arm. However, the akalak was still not as skilled in unarmed combat as some of his brothers, so the left arm didn't deflect the safe fleshy part of her arm. No his left arm went right into the point of the wooden dagger. Feeling the dull impact of the point of the wooden dagger on his blue skin, Duron knew that he “lost” the use of his left arm for this round.

Duron did know that even though he “lost” the use of his left arm, he can still use the right arm to attack because she didn't hit any vital areas. The Cerulean had to show her that he lost the use of his left arm, so as he made his attack, he put it behind his back. He saw that Ayatah was protecting her face with her other dagger. With the blade coming out the top side of his fist, the akalak thrust the wooden lakan towards the myrian's stomach. As the point of the wooden lakan was thrust at her stomach, the akalak's skill with his lakan was starting to show because it missed her stomach by three inches, so he only hit air. He know it was a costly mistake, and he was sure the myrian woman would make him pay for it. The few ticks felt like eternity as he waited for the woman's counter attack. He knew that he was at her mercy, and without the use of left arm, he couldn't use it to counter her next attack, and he was out of position, so all Duron could do was clench his muscles in his body to absorb the incoming impact when it decided to come.
Duron
Player

Character sheet
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ayatah on August 4th, 2015, 5:20 pm

So, the Akalak did not accept her invitation, but nor did he reject it. Still, Ayatah felt her ego bruise ever so slightly at the distinct lack of response from the blue male. She had not expected any different, of course, given the distraction of their training. But still, that tiny romantic part of Ayatah's psyche had hoped he would have at least smiled at the offer. She wondered if it had anything to do with his race, but no: she could have sworn she saw other Akalaks romancing women like any normal man.

The truth behind her disappointment dawned on Ayatah a fraction too late. Ah, so you would like him to show an interest in you, a smug voice bragged in the back of her mind. She was suddenly distracted, overwhelmed with feelings of disappointment and rejection -- as well the humiliation of accepting that she was attracted to Duron, and wished he in turn was attracted to her. And what if he did not return this primal desire? Well, she'd certainly feel embarrassed, but only for herself.

Ayatah shook the thoughts away. Frustrated, she growled lowly. She was not some silly little girl who spent her days twirling her hair and picking the petals off flowers whilst singing he loves me, he loves me not, he loves me, he loves me not. No: she was a strong Myrian woman, of the Scattered Bones clan and no man, no matter how broad-shouldered or tall or handsome, would reject her offer off drinks and get away with it!

She flexed her jaw, flicked her head to clear a few stray strands of hair out of her face. Attention back on training, Ayatah moved quickly and bought her left-hand dagger up in a reverse hold, trying to slice it up Druon's stomach. But she was too cocky, and yet again she did not angle her dagger correctly so it was the reverse her knuckles that flicked up his abdomen rather than the wooden blades of her dagger. His skin felt hot under her touch, and the Myrian found herself blushing as her knuckles bumped over his muscles. His physical form was mightily impressive....

Well, she thought as she huffed and retracted her hands away from his body, that didn't last long.

Ayatah
The Scholarly Savage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Duron on August 5th, 2015, 3:40 am

Hearing the laughter coming from his brother Aferan, Duron heard his brothers words in his head, I think she just growled at us! Also I think you done and petched up, brother!

As Duron predicted the myrian woman capitalized on his mistake and slashed her dagger up his abdomen. However, Ayatah seemed to make a mistake because it wasn't the wooden blade that connected with his cyan skin. No it was her knuckles. If she hit him with a real metal blade, the akalak might be scrambling to pick up his entrails before he met Dira. Was she distracted by something? The akalak looked at Ayatah's cheeks and noticed a slight tint of pink in her tan skin. Was Aferan right? Did he mess up somewhere in their conversation? Did he insult her by accident? Duron back up, lowered his weapon, and thought to himself, She did ask me out for a drink, and I only responded with a smi...Oh Petch me!

Looking at Ayatah, Duron needed to make amends with the woman, so he said with a small smile, “Sorry, I was kind of lost in the moment during our spar, and...” Running a hand through his thick black hair, Duron's voice started to waver as he tried to find the right excuse for his lack of social skills, “...Also, I don't get many offers from women to drink with them especially ones as beautiful as yourself, so...I was kind of shocked at your offer. Sorry Ayatah...”

Duron wanted to accept her offer, but apart of him was weary of getting close to anyone because he afraid of himself from time to time. She didn't know what he was capable of since she was a outsider to Riverfall. However, it would be rude to decline her offer because he was to much of coward to take a chance with her. Duron looked at the brown haired woman and said with warm smile, “Yes, I would love to share a bottle of wine with you.” Trying to diffuse the awkward atmosphere, Duron gave her a goofy grin and said with a wink, “Besides I have a feeling if I said no to your offer. I would need much more than a bottle of wine tonight to dull my aches and pains.” Inwardly Aferan groaned at his bad joke, but the cerulean just ignored him and smiled at the attractive myrian woman in front of him.

Getting back into his fighting stance, Duron lifted his unarmed left fist over his head and kept his right fist holding the dagger at his right ribs. Keeping his right foot behind him, the cerulean distributed his weight fifty fifty on each leg. The cerulean was enjoying this fight with Ayatah, and he was happy to accept her offer to be his sparring partner. The reject was reluctant to saying getting a drink with her was a good idea, but maybe Aferan was right for once. He needed to be selfish and lived life for once. He will deal with the repercussions later if any comes up. The tattooed akalak said with a nod, “We will make this our last round. Also would you like to make a wager on this round? Whoever loses the round has to buys the first bottle.” Giving the warrior woman a smirk, the akalak said simply, “Go ahead and attack.”
Duron
Player

Character sheet
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ayatah on August 7th, 2015, 8:41 pm

Ayatah tried her best to keep her face neutral and straight as she listened to Duron's delayed response to her invtiation. Her best, unfortunately, was pretty poor and the Myrian found a smile blooming onto her lips as the Akalak spoke. She was thankful that he ended with a joke, as at least in that scenario she could conceal her delight as amusement. "Oh trust me, we Myrian do not take rejection lightly." She joked, pointing towards the Akalak with the tip of her left dagger.

She gave a nod, quite pleased with herself for intially asking Duron out for drinks and, of course, with the fact that he accepted.

Still, something at the back of her mind niggled away at this excitement. There had to be some reason behind Duron's facial tattoos, something beyond personal preferance. Maybe it was to do with his role in Riverfall society? What had he said? we are used for more delicate situations than the honourable kuvan. It sounded a little dubious, she had to admit, but who was she declare a potentially innocent occupation as questionable? There was still too much about Akalak society that she did not understand, and she would need to learn about these detailf she were truly to make Riverfall her home.

She thought briefly of Kuame and the Myrian's facial expression softened just a tad as the image of her flickered into her mind. He already felt completely at home in the city, which as far as Aya cared meant that their hard journey had been wholly worth it. As long as he was safe and happy, she cared little for anything else. How would Kuame react to Duron? Despite having adopted the boy nearly a year ago, it was still... a new practise for Ayatah to consider his needs in each decision she made. Would he be pleased that she was expanding her social circle? Would he be jealous? Scared, even?

"Inviting a Myrian to attack..." she said in a low, toying tone, "you must be a man with a man with dangerous tastes." Jerking up an eyebrow, Ayatah retook her sideways-on stance. She led this time with her left-hand, in order to gain more practise in controlling her non-domintant hand. The Myrian came forwards, once agains stooping low in an attempt to avoid any swipes of Duron's lakan. She struck with her left hand first, jabbing the dagger forwards in reverse-hold. Afterwards, she hopped back, trying to clear away from the Akalak as quickly as possible.

Ayatah
The Scholarly Savage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Duron on August 12th, 2015, 3:13 am

Duron gave the woman a impish grin and said with a wink, “If you don't learn to jump, how can you say you ever lived?” Once he responded Ayatah quickly to his challenge as she crouched low in her sideways stance. It was good stance because she didn't expose her vitals areas to attack, and since she crouched low, it would be harder for him to get her off her feet. He could see the professional warrior in her eyes, and he waited in silence for her to attack. When the attack came, it was swift, so the cerulean had to think on his feet and stepped backward out of range of the attack with his left foot. As he brought his left arm down to block her attack, the akalak thrust the blunt point of the dagger at the soft part of the abdomen of the savage. As Duron was stepping away from her attack, he swiftly brought his arm down and across his body to intercept the myrian's attacking arm; however, the akalak jumped to far backwards, so all he intercepted was air with his left hand and with his right hand armed with the lakan, he missed his target completely because she wisely jumped out of range of his attack.

Stalking his prey, Duron's dull green eyes watched her as he circled and waited for a opening. Holding the lakan at neck level, the cerulean needed a way to pull her concentration off the fight. He was able to connect with kick earlier in the spar, but would she see it coming? Thinking to himself, Petch it! I am thinking to much... Deciding to end his stalking, the cerulean pounce when he saw his opening. As he brought his right hand to his side, he quickly thrust his large cyan fist towards her face. He was sure and hoped that she would block it because the punch was a faint. As he brought back his left fist, he thrust the blunt point of the dagger towards the chest of the woman. Duron wasn't aiming at particular part of the chest. The akalak just wanted to connect with anything. Those quick strikes were meant to keep her on her toes. Regardless of the outcome, Duron didn't retreat out of range because he didn't want to give her room to rethink her tactics. The akalak will find a way to beat the myrian warrior. He just hoped it would be sometime this year.
Duron
Player

Character sheet
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ayatah on August 13th, 2015, 8:38 am

oocI have permission from Duron for Ayatah to whip out some Myrian-esque justice

The Myrian allowed herself to flash a grin at Duron's play on words. But the smile quickly vanished when he returned her offensive and began stalking around her. She watched his hands carefully, but every so often Aya dropped her gaze to glance at his feet, watching him move around her. He shifted suddenly forwards and bought his fist towards Aya's face. At the same time, his lakan came forwards as well and the Akalak stabbed it towards Ayatah's trunk.

She reacted quickly, dipping low to dodge his punch and bringing her left arm up to knock his blow off course. Still stooped down, Ayatah slashed her dagger forwards and across, aiming for Duron's lakan-holding arm. The very tip of her blade touched the crook of his elbow. It was barely an impressive jab, but nevertheless Ayatah's face bloomed into a smile. She had landed the final blow, and this victory was even sweeter than usual.

After retracting the dagger and taking up a normal stance, Ayatah nodded to Duron and, in a fleeting moment of flirtatious confidence, winked and said: "Drinks are on you, then. I have some paper in my bag," she nodded briefly over to her few belongings tucked in the corner of the room, "I'll write down my address and you can come by... tonight, eighth bell?" She would barely let the male acknowledge this invitation thinly disguised as an order before grabbing her bag, writing down her address and giving the slip of parchment to the Cerulean. She finished with a coy smile and: "I'll see you tonight."

Ayatah
The Scholarly Savage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Konrad Venger on March 6th, 2016, 9:57 pm

Hey, guys! Once you get back and deduct your Winter Seasonal Expenses, I'll grade this up, no problem. PM me when you get back!

||Common||Thoughts||Pavi||Fratava||Myrian||Other's Speaking||
Note: As of Fall 517AV, Konrad is known only as "Hansel" in Endrykas
Konrad Venger
Long is The Way and Hard

Words: 1060755
Joined roleplay: November 23rd, 2015, 4:05 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 4