Completed Summer Outting

Garland and Elann go for a picnic

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Summer Outting

Postby Elann on July 31st, 2015, 1:46 pm

43rd of Summer, 515AV

It was sure kind of Garland to have come and help her set up her home those couple weeks ago when she was still new in town. Adjusting where the furniture that was delivered was set. He was a seemingly nice gentle soul with a bit of a troubling situation.

Unfortunately the last time they met at her place, she didn’t have much in the way of time and neither did he. For that reason not much was said between them, but his act of kindness was remembered by her as she clicked the latch closed on her hutch. She had just pulled out a pot to begin to make lunch. She had the day off of work and so had been relaxing about her home in her traditional Benshiran garb that she would wear around the house. It was not tied at the waist currently and so was open and flowing. It kept her warm however.

Although the summer was warm to people here, it was still cool to her senses, and was even colder at night. She proceeded to try to get a fire started in her hearth with her fan blowing on the coals that were still warm from the early morning fire she had. Eventually with some tinder and softwood, she got the blaze ignited once more. She reveled in the heat, soaking up every precious ounce it gave off with delight. She wasn’t sure exactly what she was going to make yet and looked up to her pot with a determined glare to figure it out.

Other's Words ~~ My Words ~~ My Thoughts

Last edited by Elann on December 25th, 2015, 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elann
Player

Words: 322359
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2015, 10:19 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Summer Outting

Postby Garland on August 1st, 2015, 1:25 pm

He had been busy the day he helped Elann move her things in, he only had a sliver of free time that day and he mostly just wanted to go through with his promise of helping the new citizen into her new home.

Today however was different, he had nothing to do, no patrols were in need of an extra pair of eyes, it was too hot to train(for him at least) to train, especially in that armor of his. He could even go out on a picnic if he wanted, the springs outside the walls of Syliras were shaded from the heat of searing heat from the sun.

And he planned to do just that, go on a picnic. He had packed up his rations from the dining area for the day and decided to head to the springs, but having a picnic alone just seemed so... boring!

Apparently everyone else was either busy, didn't want to come, or Garland couldn't find them. After a little while Garland felt a bit defeated, the heat wasn't so bad in the shade, but he had been running around the city looking for anyone to join him, he was fairly winded now.

Luckily for him he was fairly near Elann's apartment. If she didn't want to go for a picnic then he would just give up and jump into the sea for a quick dip or something.

Garland knocked on Elann's door. "Elann? It's Garland, mind if I come in?" He asked, but he didn't bother waiting for an answer. As soon as he opened the door, he could just feel the heat rush out of the room and the relatively colder air from outside seeped in. "It's like a sauna in here! Ummm... Anyway, I wanted to ask if you want to go on a picnic or something. Might be a good chance to show you around the vicinity of the city. Bring a weapon, it's usually safe on the path but it's better to be safe than sorry."
Garland
A Father First, A Squire Second

Words: 687461
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2014, 2:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Summer Outting

Postby Elann on August 1st, 2015, 10:06 pm

Upon hearing a knock at the door, Elann stood up and looked around the room for her sash. It was on the bed laying strewn across it. The beautiful thick cloth of multiple colors added beauty to her room and she couldn’t wait until she was able to finally decorate a home the way she wanted it. She was about to call out to Garland who identified himself at her door, to wait a moment, but he just walked in! She let out a little scream and rushed to her bedroom as he was talking. The man if he had poked his head in could see the undergarments of Elann and the flowing tunic hovering behind her as her hands grasped for it while heading to her bed. Eventually she grabbed hold of it and tucked it up tightly against her body, keeping it super tight to hide all her features.

In a bit of rage, she quickly tied her garment up tightly about her, flinging its end about her in anger. She couldn’t wait to tell him off any longer and called out to her living room “You don’t just walk into a woman’s home. It is not okay!” She then said a numerous amount of things in Shiber consisting of how she is preserved for her husband and his eyes only, though he wouldn’t know these things unless he understood shiber. Now that she was tied in her tunic she came back out. The tunic was essentially a long rectangular cloth with a hole in the middle where you put your head through. Then you tie it at your waist down to just above the hips and it covers everything. He had come in at a very bad time when her tie was not about her waist so now she came out of the bedroom. She heaved in anger and the brilliance that was in her bright blue eyes made her seem even more passionate. Elann took in a few breaths and calmed herself.

“Come in…” she beckoned him to walk the rest of the way in and folded her arms across her chest. Inquiring she asked, “A picnic?” she was somewhat surprised she had even heard that much as she had darted toward her bedroom.

Elann
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Donor (1)

Summer Outting

Postby Garland on August 2nd, 2015, 3:58 pm

Garland didn't see anything, in fact he had no idea why Elann was angry.

“You don’t just walk into a woman’s home. It is not okay!”

She then followed with several words in her native tongue, most likely curses or scolding. "Ehh? We are friends, though. But yeah, sorry for barging in like this." He said with a small blush. He noticed Elann with a bit of a blush on her face, maybe from the embarrassment or anger.

He waited for Elann to get dressed noticing the interior of her apartment, the place was coming together quite nicely, maybe Sayana could come help out with the decorating. The six extra hands would be a big help.

“Come in…”

Garland walked into the room, seeing Elann in her usual attire, she had a bit of an angry look on her face, while she folded her arms. Garland gave a sheepish smile on his face apologetically stepped back. "Sorry!"

“A picnic?”

"Ah yes! A picnic! I had nothing better else to do and no one to go with, I thought maybe you wanted to come and join me. It'll be fun, and it might be a good way to show a rather popular attraction." He said with his usual bright smile, yet they were just going out for a small picnic, he had his sword on him.

He wasn't wearing anything too special, just his a shirt, a leather jacket worn and teared here and there, it looked like it was in slight disrepair, but it was recently cleaned. He had newer, fancier clothes now since his outing with Revy, but he didn't want to use them for a messy picnic. This reminded him that he might need a few more daily wear clothes.

"Anyway, it'll be outside the walls, in the bronze woods, there's a nice little hotspring. And if we can even take a small dip if you feel like it." He said and raised up a small basket filled with some food, mostly just a bit of meat and smoked fish and bread. "What do you say? Do you want to join?"
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Summer Outting

Postby Elann on August 3rd, 2015, 12:28 am

OOCMap of the apartment layout is on my CS

“I know Garland, but I wasn’t exactly decent when you came in...You should really knock next time and wait for an answer.” She couldn’t exactly stay mad at the man. He was very peaceful and kind so when he apologized she seemed to reign back in the angry look upon her face and all that remained was a smug smile.

It was strange to see him not in armor. He looked almost like a normal human being, and not nearly as intimidating to her sense. Plus he was offering her free food and a chance to see something? She was all for that as she felt completely cooped up in this city and its walls. She took in a deep breath, lessening her anger even more so until she was nearly back to her old self. A small grin now played over her face and she nodded.

“Yes, that sounds like it could be fun. I’m very excited to get out of the city for a bit. My life is stone walls and fabric. Going going going.” she said in her normal Benshiran style of accent and speech which consisted of lots of hand gestures and movement. Her eyes curiously looked him over for a moment, seeing that he had his sword upon his waist. She knew how dangerous this world could be and so figured she should bring her sling with shots as well.

“It sounds lovely. Um…” she thought about what she could wear for a swimsuit. She didn’t really have anything.“Do you mind if I grab something I can wear to swim in from the Elegant weave? They have some nice things on sale. Here have a seat while I get ready”

She gestured toward a very nice elegant chair that he would have moved in previously. Now it seemed to fit the space and next to the chair was a rather large bush soaking up what little it could from the sun through the window of her double room that looked out on to the street; one of the few rooms on this side that actually had windows. If he was okay waiting she didn’t mind having her door open to her bedroom since he had been in it before when moving things. She just simply moved over to her dresser and began to brush her hair a little bit and adjust her garment from the haste it was wrapped about her.

She then put on her sandals and came back into the living room where he sat. “Let me put out this fire. I was about to make lunch, but if we are having a picnic this is better.” With that she would stamp out the small fire that had started and had dwindled to near nothing whilst she got ready. With that she was almost ready to go. She just grabbed her slingshot and some bullets, put them in the wrap about her waist and her money pouch. She seemed to know exactly how much to bring because she counted it out; perks of working at the place you intend to buy from.

“Did I tell you I got a job at the Elegant weave?" She inquired as she headed to meet him by the chair. “I’m ready.” She would beam him a smile, showing everything was alright and would beckon him to come.

Last edited by Elann on August 3rd, 2015, 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elann
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Donor (1)

Summer Outting

Postby Garland on August 3rd, 2015, 7:15 am

Garland nodded. "Sure, I can wait." He sat down on the chair and placed the basket on the ground next to him. "I must say, this place is quite nice."

He looked over the place, it seemed well-furnished, but that would have been a given since she was living in the Traveler's Row. "How long are you planning on staying here? I heard the rent might be a little high."

“Did I tell you I got a job at the Elegant weave?"

"A job? Oh that's great! Things working out okay?" He asked and waited for her to get ready. "Alright, let's go." He stood up and grabbed the basket of food. "We should get going. If you don't mind a bit of... nudity later, I didn't bring any bathing clothes or such, I mean... people in hotsprings don't usually wear clothes, but if you are skittish about that sort of thing, I might buy a pair of trunks if you want."

He followed Elann out the door and waited for her to lock her door. "How are you finding Syliras? Is the city treating you right or has there been any... incidents? This is the safest place in Mizahar, but is it the friendliest? No, not by a long shot." He admitted, he had a few run-ins with the law before and very unfriendly people.

With that he checked himself over, seeing if he had accidentally left something in Elann's apartment, luckily everything was there. He had hoped Elann would have brought some food, since the food they give the squires weren't all that tasty, but he couldn't complain. "Lead the way, you must know the way to where you work, right?"
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Summer Outting

Postby Elann on August 3rd, 2015, 7:56 am

Elann seemed pleased that he liked her place. She shook her head no at his idea of the rent.
“Oh no, it’s not too bad. It’s actually cheaper if you plan to stay a whole season. It is a little more run down than some apartments I’ve seen, but it’s okay. I sleep in a tent at home. What do I have to worry about here?” she chuckled, basically saying that even the grimiest conditions were better than back in the deserts. While her apartment was nicely decorated, it wasn’t perfect. It needed paint, mortar in some cracks in the walls in which cold air could come in, all the wood needed to be sanded and restrained, but it was her home. She didn’t need elegance.

“Yup, things are working out great. I just started there on the 39th...so about half a week ago. Everyone has been really nice. It has been hard getting used to some of the people at work but it’s interesting to say the least. I could even stay there for one silver miza a day, though I like this location. I have friends close by and it is not too far from everything. Besides, I don’t mind the walk.”

She was finally ready and when he proposed that there might be nudity later she seemed quite nervous about it. Avoiding eye contact she said, “Oh, umm...well. Let me grab some mizas and I will buy you some of these trunks. No need for you to buy them. Its okay. Plus you helped me, so let me pay for this.” Shuffling in her overworn garb to her dresser (unless he insisted paying for it himself) she would grab some more money and return to him. She clearly did not like the idea of being nude or in the presence of other nude people. She suddenly felt dread in her heart over this outing and she hoped and prayed Yahal would be with her and provide her safety with Garland.

They headed out the door and began to walk down the hall after her locking her door. He asked how she liked the town so far and she shook her head no. “There have been no incidents. Many people I have met on the streets in various places live here, so we are actually getting along well. Plus we have a good landlord here. She is very nice.” she then as they were going to head down the hall further Elann offered her hand out to take the basket. “Here, let me carry this. You can get the door?” She could see that their landlord was not at her station at the bottom of the stairs, although she had been all week, yet a fresh plate of large muffins was there and Elann sought to grab a couple and stick them into the basket. The sign on the wall stated for them to take them as they please, so she did.

Upon entering the streets Elann would have been more quiet as the people were in a busy manner to get wherever they needed, it was noisy and smelly. Only if he purposely talked to her would she engage in conversation, but the Elegant weave wasn’t too far into town, so by the time they had gotten there it would only have been a few long minutes of walking. She would purchase a swimming suit and if he let her she would purchase some trunks for him as well. In the trying room she would put on her swimwear, but then would wear her normal clothing over it so as not to show it off to anyone else, including Garland. She was still a bit nervous about this whole thing and wondered how hard her father would slap her knowing she was going to do a place like this. She had trust for Garland though so she felt somewhat safer. Hopefully that trust wasn’t misplaced.

Elann
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Donor (1)

Summer Outting

Postby Garland on August 5th, 2015, 7:41 am

Garland laughed at how embarrassed Elann is, it was cute how innocent she was. "No no, I'll buy my own trunks thank you. Haha, don't worry, I understand. You're eyes are still pure. Don't worry."

He gave her the basket and she just took a few muffins and put them in the basket. He gave a tiny smile and held the door open for Elann. He let her go first and lead the way.

As the two of them made it into the Elegant Weave. Garland opened the door for her and walked in behind Elann. "What do you work as by the way?" He asked her, she could have been someone that tailors or knits or just someone that keeps inventory or such.

The Elegant Weave was pretty much the same as before, cloths and clothes and fabrics dotted the area here and there, making people know that they walked into a clothing and tailoring shop instead of somewhere else.

The smell of fabrics filled the air, something people usually get use to. Garland on the other hand never really liked the smell, it was strange for him. He rarely bothers with smell but cloths just have a strange smell to him. Though this could just be written off as one of his strange tendencies.

"I'll pay for the trunks, though I might let you pick one out if you want." He said to Elann and looked over the bolts of colorful cloth stood up on the side.
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Summer Outting

Postby Elann on August 5th, 2015, 6:07 pm

Elann took in the smells of the linen as she walked into the Elegant Weave. It reminded her slightly of home and she spun around slowly looking at various new things that had been put up since yesterday. In answer to the question Garland asked as she walked in, she said, “In the back, there is an ‘orangery’. It is a glass building. There I do many things. Most of which is make the rugs and do any weaving. Most there sew or knit things.” With that she nodded and began looking at summer wear.

Beautiful hues of various Nykan colors dotted the area, vibrant yellows and reds, purples and blues. Looking over her traveling companion she didn’t exactly think those fit him. He was going to let her pick one out for him and she held up some grey shorts that were made of a material so that they dried faster than normal cotton. They had a nice feel to them and she observed the knots and stitches to see if it was well done. Like all the garments in here they were.

“How about this?” She held it out for him to take. She guessed his size based on the body frame she could see before her and figured they should be a nice match for him and his skin tone. If he was set upon that one, she would tell him to try it on while she picked up her swimming outfit. Once in the changing room she simply undid her tie and everything was able to come off. It was a simple thing really how the clothes of the Benshira worked. Once in the swimming outfit and pleased on the size she kept it on, put her clothing back over the top of it, which concealed it completely. When Garland was ready, she would pay for hers and he for his, and then both would be on their way.

“So what did you pack for food?” she asked as they headed out the door of the Elegant Weave. She had to admit, by now she was starting to get hungry. She was already hungry when he came to visit, then they added the swimming suit purchasing to their day, and now they had to go to wherever it was he wanted to go. She didn’t know when she was going to get to eat, but with patience Elann stifled the growing growl that came from her stomach. It didn’t help that she was asking what kind of food they were bringing either. It would just make her think of food, which right now was a bad thing to do.

She would follow him obediently and speedily to wherever he intended for them to go. Garland would find that the Benshiran had no problems keeping up with him despite her short stature. Very fast paced legs must have been hidden under those tunic lengths, though one couldn’t see them if they stared as they were completely covered.

Elann
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Donor (1)

Summer Outting

Postby Garland on August 9th, 2015, 7:46 am

Garland grabbed the trunks Elann had picked out. They were a sort of grayish-blue color and felt rather soft and light, perfect for swimming or such. "These look great Elann." He stretched the trunks to see if they would fit his waist.

"Right, I'll take this!" He went over to the counter and bought the swimwear and waited for Elann by the door. She had gone to the changing rooms. After a short while, Elann had walked back out and had her cloak and clothes on, she must have been wearing her swimwear under her clothes.

"Ready to go?" He asked and led her outside. The streets were busy as usual, but getting outside the city should be easy enough, they were close to the gates after all.

“So what did you pack for food?”

"Nothing fancy, just some bread, a few smoked fished, and a few pieces of meat. I was hoping to grab some more from the restaurants and food stalls here but I'm running a bit low on Mizas." He said and led the way through the city, the busy streets were norm to Garland, though he did worry if Elann would get caught in the wave of people all around them.

The two of them made it to the gates, Garland hailed the guards and walked through. Garland couldn't help but smile and look at the restored gate. It was a masterwork of stone and wood. He had heard rumors of it being magecrafted but he doesn't know anything about that. The intricate cut stone blended together in perfect place, the iron and wood were made from the finest Syliras could offer. Of course this was a given, no one wanted a repeat of what happened last fall.

The defenses were tightened, the recruits were hardened through the fires, and the was in total chaos. In fact, Garland was just a new recruit at that time, as wet as they come. He hadn't even gotten one bit of formal training whatsoever when he joined the fight.

He shook his head, returning his senses back to the present, he walls were rebuilt, the houses and buildings were restored and the people seemed content. It was quite amazing how the walls were rebuilt so quickly, but Garland was no engineer.

"The Sacred Arch Hotsprings shouldn't be far." Garland said and pointed to the path. "Follow me. There's a small campsite there, so it's a pretty nice place to stay out, the knights also patrol regularly there and thus keep the monsters and other nasty crawlies at bay. Still, it's better to be safe than sorry."

After a few minutes of walking and talking, they arrived in the springs, the hot waters made steam rise up, giving the area a misty look to it. "We're here. Want to help me set up the picnic. I have a small blanket here, we can set up near the fire pit over there."
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next