Completed Secrets to Remember Part 2

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Citadel of the Dead Queen, Black Rock is the island off of the eastern coast of Falyndar. Mythic and mysterious, few know what truly inhabits it. [Lore]

Secrets to Remember Part 2

Postby Savacea Jovellana on August 2nd, 2015, 8:58 am

Savacea was put to silence when he said he was not weak, and asked about the rage that all of a sudden built in her heart. It did not make her want to fight him, but bite him so she supposed that was the same thing. It frightened her to no end of the feelings that had consumed her then were broken when her heart broke at his words. Now was not the time to discuss things, she would wait until they were settled to talk about what was felt and how she felt, perhaps even how he felt although that was a long shot.

When they arrived at the camp site she offered to take care of him, he said no and a pout that she could not stop formed on her lower lip. She was saddened by this answer, though he explained that they needed to get away from the marsh or start a fire. Her leg was hurting and she felt like a rest would help, "Perhaps we can stay here, the smoke should help with the bugs, if it becomes too much trouble then we can leave." With that answer Loda started a fire, he really knew how to make a fire. Savacea was good at getting the flint to work for her when she tried to accomplish such a task. A layer of smoke billowed around them, the bugs stopped biting so much as the smoke chased them away.

As Loda was tending to the fire, Savacea brought the Old Man's Beard herb she had collected. She looked around and found two rocks, they were medium sized. She placed some of the herb on the rock and began to grind the other rock against it, acting like a mortar and pestle. When she was done grinding it turned into a pulp like substance, she added some water but not much to it, swirling the pulp around with her claw. Once she was satisfied she placed it in her palm. Coming behind Loda, she moved his long hair out of the way gently, bringing it to his front. Savacea examined his back and it looked painful, some of the gashes were deeper then she first thought.

She took the pulp in her palm, taking a good portion between her index and and thumb, she glided it over some of the gashes. After it was on a few she leaned down, blowing softly on the wounds to help with the stinging. She felt this was the best time to bring up the topic he rose earlier. "Thank you for saying I am not weak. I could never call myself a warrior as it is not a honor I hold but you." Savacea said as she glided the pulp over his wounds, massaging softly. "I felt a darkness consume me, it was strange, but then my heart felt like it was breaking and it helped with the anger I was feeling. I am not sure what happened back there. I do not want it to happen again though, I know that much." She gave a small chuckle, as she continued to put the herbs on different wounds, blowing his skin with her lips softly to ease the stinging as she did so. When she was done Savacea still blew on his skin faintly, "That should help with the infection."

Savacea walked around and placed herself between Loda's legs examine his chest for any scrapes, seeing one or two she put some of the pulp on those wounds too, gently massaging it into his chest. When finished she rested her elbows on his knees and looked up at him, "Little better? Any more I need to put this on? Any on your face or arms?" She asked in a low tone, still gazing into those dark eyes she seem to always get lost in.
Savacea Jovellana
Poisonous Dancer

Words: 239118
Joined roleplay: July 13th, 2015, 11:11 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Loda on August 2nd, 2015, 8:58 am

He understood her urgency to not speak about such things where they were. For this reason when she gave him the go ahead he began the blaze. It didn’t take long for them to be cleared of the bugs that pestered them with various bites. The smoke smelled nice to Loda, bringing back memories of his life in the jungles near Taloba, how they would have the circle flame in the center of their longhouses. It made him take in a deep breath. Coating his hair in the wafting smoke and especially turning his back to the blaze, he felt all sign of biting insect flee from him and not return. The heat of the blaze stung his wounds something fierce though so as he looked back to Savacea who had already coated herself in the smoke, he could see she was doing something with the old man’s beard.

He didn’t really know herbal processes but he knew she was making a powder. He considered how this was going to feel and found relief when she made it into a paste. He took position on a rock near the blazing fire and sat on his loincloth. With patience, the man considered the things she’d likely say to him when she was done, but perhaps she wouldn’t say anything. He listened for her movement as his back was to her and his front facing the blaze. Every moment they sat there it got darker and darker.

Eventually he began to be relaxed and his bones and muscles settled in the spot by the rock. His eyes he kept toward the Black Marsh, making sure no Dhani came to pester them. As he looked he could hear her approaching and turned his ear to hear her better. Savacea then placed her hand on his back once more and scooped up his hair. It was heavier than it was the last time she did it due to the water still lingering in it. It wouldn’t take too much longer to dry though as it had already been forty minutes and there was a breeze blowing. As she moved his hair to the front of his body, he hung his head with it and prepared for what he would feel. Instead of pain, he actually felt a cool tingling sensation in his back. Then he could feel her blow on him. Goosebumps rose up nearly immediately upon his skin and the man shifted his shoulders a light bit to account for the feeling.

Her voice broke the silence between them and it confirmed his thoughts. “Perhaps the area really was cursed then, it cursed us to fight to the death like those we saw. It was growing steadily in my mind even before the ghost, but so much more afterwards. It was like everything I thought and did seemed to lead me to aggravation, and then everything you did and said was put in a negative light so that I became enraged.” He scoffed and shook his head. “Who knows…” he trailed off and picked up a rock from the ground and threw it into the fire with a toss. He seemed bothered by the event, even in light of her chuckling and sat there in silence. He continued to watch the marsh for the sight of a dhani and held his spear facing that way.

As she finished he took in a sharp breath of pleasure as she blew over all his wounds. It was a bittersweet pain and he toughed out the experience. Suddenly it was gone, and with eyes closed he could feel the disturbed earth next to his foot indicate to him that she was moving around to his front. Eyes fluttered open to see the white woman come into sight. Her eyes now began to have the glow that they had when Leth’s domain was higher in the sky and he searched her eyes, down to the very ringlets of them now that he was this close to them. She touched his chest with her claws and he was amazed at how accurate she was with them. Not once on his back did she poke him with them. She asked if he was better and rested on his knees looking up to him. “I think I’m okay” he said, seemingly struggling with the whole event, yet he liked her there at his chest looking up to him. There was that look in her eyes, that look that seemed to stare into his soul, though he supposed it was payback for how he examined her. He didn’t blink and returned the gaze. After a few seconds, he smirked and brought a hand gently up to her cheek. With a thumb he rubbed softly at the charcoal where her tears had fell. Her makeup was all messed up and her wreath was set askew. With the same hand he raised up and took it off her head. “You should wash your face. Everything has run down your cheeks. The hunt is over…” He brought her wreath down to her hands so she could take it. “Now what are you going to do with your leg, I’m concerned, it is spreading.” he insisted she answer him it seemed.

Other's Words ~~ My Words ~~ My Thoughts
Loda
Player

Words: 127479
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2015, 2:01 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Savacea Jovellana on August 2nd, 2015, 9:01 am

A small smile crept upon her lips when he said he was okay, happy that she was of some use to the man instead of the burden she appeared to be through out the day. They gazed into each other's eyes for a moment, trapped in a silence, examining each other's soul it felt like. After a few seconds a smirk appeared on the warrior's face and he brought his hand gently up to her cheek. She pressed her cheek into his hand and smiled as he took the wreath off telling her that the hunt was over she could wash off her makeup. She rose from between his legs, as he asked about her leg.

Savacea shrugged, "There isn't anything I can do right now. It is not fatal, you are not getting rid of me that easy." She said as she dipped the wreath into the water she washed her face off with it. Then she dipped it in again and came over to where Loda sat, gently she bathed him with the wreath, slowly sliding it up and down his legs, then his arms. Savacea went back and dunk it in again, as she brought it up to his face, stroking it gently to wash his paint off as well. Then she tossed it to the side as she leaned in closer to examine his face to make sure she had rid it of all the paint, her breath hitting his face softly as she was nearly nose to nose with the man. Raising her hand gently she wiped a little that she missed softly with the back of her hand, then smiled softly as she looked in his eyes for a few seconds.

When she was satisfied she leaned away, getting to her knees and sitting on her heels she looked at Loda, "So.. When you were mad from what ever force made us so angry.. Was those words true that you said, was it thoughts and feelings you could not express other wise towards me?" He already explained that he did not mean to hurt her, but she needed to know if what he said held any truth in it, "I guess I am asking, what do you really feel towards me?" Savacea clarified being more blunt with the man. She braced herself for the worse, it was possible he really did feel that way towards her, just making an effort to be nice and friendly because Dira demands it. Though another part of her hoped that he did not mean those things, but he felt differently.
Savacea Jovellana
Poisonous Dancer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Loda on August 2nd, 2015, 9:01 am

Hearing that the plant’s poison wasn’t fatal was all he wanted to hear. He seemed to have a large weight lifted off of his chest. He was truly conflicted, more than she knew. If she were to die from his actions it would have truly made the man who seemed to lack many emotions very saddened; even if the one who died was Symenestra.

She left his presence at the inquiry and he wondered if once again it was a sore subject, but he watched her over his shoulder dip the wreath into the water to no doubt clean herself better, but he saw her bring the dripping wrap of leaves over to him and return from where she had left. She began washing his body like a Myrian man and woman do to each other after returning from the jungle and it was hard for him to control himself. His heart beat faster as she caringly washed his mud stained legs. Soon the tawny skin would return to its original smooth self. She then brought herself closer and with gentleness took his arms and cleaned them. He hadn’t even realized how stained they were until clean. He had after all pushed himself up onto ledge after ledge of muddy embankments.

She rose from him once more and this time instead of watching her over his shoulder he stared into the fire, deep in thought. A biting bug took advantage of his newly cleaned skin and he had to swat it. He then stuck his legs and arms over the fire briefly to re-coat himself in smoke. As she washed his mud from the wreath he took another piece of wood and threw it on the fire. As he was doing so she came back and came before him. He hadn’t even realized how his heart had slowed until she was before him again. Once more it shot up and his blood pressure rose, giving him a red hue to his cheeks as he looked down to her. She then brought the dripping wreath up to his face and washed it off with strokes. His mind was sent into a hypnotic sort of trance as she subdued him.

Eventually it stopped though, and slowly, and perhaps a bit too sleepily, he opened his eyes once more to see her moving even closer to him. Even though she may not have thought it sexy, he thought her tossing of the wreath was. He anticipated that she’d likely keep the thing close, but now she held a different object of desire in her eyes. As Loda breathed in at her closeness, he could take in her breath and its unique scent. He had smelled many things, from the plants of the jungles of his home to the smelly mounds of the Ya’Tago, but never had he smelled anything like this. Her breath was an intoxicating fume that he could not escape from and it was wonderful. With many other fragrances he could tell what it smelled like, but this, his mind couldn’t even understand. The man was struggling at her closeness and he felt like his stomach had snakes in it.

The only thing holding him back from making love to her right here on the dirt was the very issues that had brought them apart this very evening. He held his peace, letting her brush aside his flawed resistant marking off his face, and slowly he was himself once more. She stared into his eyes a few seconds, and he thanked the Gods that it was only that long. She seemed satisfied and leaned a ways away back onto her knees. Likewise, Loda leaned back and righted himself, sitting straight up on the rock. He was then hit with a very serious subject, one that his heart was not ready for. He was in a sudden state of mental and emotional confusion, not feeling sure what to say. He had just gone from a relaxed calm almost cloudy area of thought to one of darkness. Quickly his mind raced as he thought of what to say. Calmly he looked down to her clawed hand.

Slowly he reached down to scoop it up, turning it over to reveal the fine flesh rimmed holes that her claws dug into. He brushed the edges of the wound softly, not wishing to hurt her, but showing that he had noticed them. He then mustered himself and said with a long sigh, “Uhh...they were my thoughts and feelings. I know they were, but at the same time they weren’t.” He seemed to struggle for a moment, his debate in his unpreparedness on what he should say and what he shouldn’t vexed him. He couldn't likely say what he was feeling for her emotionally and how it related. It was all a confusing mess. He decided on a topic and stuck to it saying, “I was frustrated that you screamed, but not so much so that I would care, yet I seemed to really care. I had a minor thought that perhaps you didn’t realize how dangerous it was out there, but then it voiced itself in me in such a dark way…” he paused a moment trying to think back. The squirming in his stomach now seemed to shift from a good feeling to a bad feeling, as if he was caught stealing from Myri himself.

“When you yelled back at me and mocked me, while normally I would have let it wash over me instead I felt enraged. You headed the wrong way and I just had to lash out at you for it. And …” he seemed troubled to speak of the fact he called her weak, being a very rude and vile thing to say to her after all he had learned. “From all I have known of you, you have been strong. Frail and perhaps weaker than me in some regards, but not weak. I -knew- it would hurt you. Just from everything I’ve learned of you over the last two days, I didn’t think I could say anything more mean. So of course, the words came out. “

“As for how I feel truthfully...I do not really think you are weak. I actually enjoy your company. I love the smile that never seems to leave your face when you are around me, and I really do want to be friends. I don’t want you to look at me and feel pain. I don’t want you to remember the misery I’ve caused you.” He rubbed his calloused hand up the arm whose hand he held, and then back down it in a caring manner. He looked down in shame and then let go of her hand, gently returning it to her side.

Loda
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Savacea Jovellana on August 2nd, 2015, 9:04 am

Her question seemed to cause a conflict in Loda, she was about to tell him to forget it, but he then reached down and scooped her hand up to reveal the crescent marks from her claws on her palm. He brushed over the edges of them softly as he said they were his thoughts and feeling but was not at the same time. She frowned as he struggled for a moment inside himself, she was not sure what he was struggling about, perhaps it was the wrong question to ask at the wrong time, she just wanted to make sure that what they were beginning to have was not now ruined because of the outburst they had with one another.

The man seemed to grasp at something and continued to explain, how he was frustrated at her for screaming and took everything she said and in a darker way. She could understand that, it seemed to happen to her as well, something seemed to break inside her when he was being so mean to her, making her lash out as well. Loda was explaining about when she yelled and mocked him then trailed off to explain that she was frail and weaker then him, but not weak, Savacea gave a small smile nodding that she understood, as he continued to say that he enjoyed her company, her smile, and that he did indeed want to be friends, and to never remember the misery he caused her. The warrior rubbed his calloused hand up her arm, then slowly the hand came back down, then he looked down and a look of shame came across his face as he returned her arm to her side.

Savacea grabbed his hand in hers, giving it a small squeeze, "I know you did not mean to hurt me, I do not see misery or pain when I look at you. I see the smile you brought back to my face, the laughter you ignited in my heart." She squeezed his hand one more time before letting it go. Leaning back, she pulled her legs out from under her, stretching them out in front and laying back to look up at the sky, "Besides I have found myself quite fond of you Loda and consider you a friend. Although it has been a few days, we have been through many things together, working as one, bringing us closer. I am sorry I yelled and mock you, but you are a warrior in my eyes, my warrior...friend." She realized she slipped by saying he was her warrior so she added friend after a short pause, she brought her long hair out from under her, fanning it out around her to dry better, as she brought her hands and placed them under her head. "Besides I know you still want to see me naked." She remembered their earlier conversation before going into the Marsh, she gave a soft yet loud laugh at that, bringing her hands to rest on her stomach as she laid down as the laughing was a little hard causing some pain in her stomach. She caught her breath, "Lay down with me Loda, you can see the stars in the sky from here." Savacea said with a pretty smile, laughter still in her voice, as she scooted over on the ground to make room for Loda, looking up at the now darkened sky. "I wish we could see them better, this view is okay though."
Savacea Jovellana
Poisonous Dancer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Loda on August 2nd, 2015, 9:04 am

The shame that covered his face as he looked away still was there as she squeezed his hand, but it could not be mistaken for sadness. He did not frown or cry, nor show any emotion other than just the shame of his words. It was a battle of will and he lost to himself. Though he did not consider it now, if there was ever an enemy that was worthy to lose to, it would be yourself.

He heard her words and was gladdened in heart that she understood. When she spoke about laughter and how he ignited it in her heart, he had but a moment to think of the depth of that statement and what it meant. She showed him how dead she was inside previously. It was fitting that she was here on the Black Island. Yet somehow he brought life back into her. He didn’t think he was worthy of such an honor, but yet she did.

She continued to speak about how fond she was of him and it brought his eyes back up from their shame to meet with hers though it was more of a glare to evaluate the truth. When she said she considered him a friend he looked down in shame once more and then took in a deep breath. She explained how they had only known each other a few days and it seemed correct to the man because he nodded his head. The trials had brought them closer. The woman’s apology drove him to shake his head no, showing her that she didn’t have to apologize to him. Her slip up was noticed, even if caught later and he wondered at it, yet before he could wonder too long he saw her fan out her hair in a beautiful way. It’s spread almost highlighted her there on the ground as she lay on the dry dirt.

“Hahh” he could finally see that her slip up was intentional, even though it wasn’t, and it was all mean to lead up to jest with him about desiring to see her naked. Her laughter was contagious and caused the man to chuckle. He figured why not when she offered for him to lay next to her. He shifted off the rock and onto the sandy dirt of the ground. It dug into his hind until he adjusted his loincloth to set underneath him and he went to lay down as she said she wished that she could see them better. The pain in his back however reminded him of the fresh dressing over the wounds they just put on and how it would not feel very well to lay down on anything other than a nice bed. Instead he propped himself up on his elbows and faced her. He twisted, trying to get comfortable and ended up on his side facing her with his hip into the dirt. He then looked up to the stars, the same stars he grew up with and remembered.

“I remember a tale of my people.” he said in his deep voice. Part of him wanted to stay out here all night, missing camping under the stars in the jungle, however another part of him didn’t want to get eaten alive by bugs when their wood would run out soon. Once the fire would start to dwindle, the bugs would return. Though they were close to town and somewhat close to the dormitory, he didn’t want to leave just yet.

“A jaguar came down from the mountains and came across a woman. He said to her, ‘Woman, where did you come from’ and she said ‘Oh great father jaguar, I came from the stars themselves’. The jaguar raised a paw and said, ‘I have seen this day and know it well. For through you will come others who will bring destruction to this world and to my friends’.

The woman replied, ‘Then take my life Father Jaguar, do not spare me nor unborn child’. The jaguar lowered his paw and said strongly ‘I will not take your life, for you are part of us now. You will grow and spread and life will be good for you, but take this strength from me now, or you will not survive the destruction you will cause. Use it and go in peace. May we one day hunt together’

So the jaguar gave the woman his strength and she bore many children. After that many more of us came from the stars, yet the woman was stronger than all. She could hunt, fish, and do anything a man could do, but yet she had the strength to give life. So when we look to the stars, we see the strength of the woman, and even more so, our Goddess-Queen most of all; for above being woman, she is a god.” He looked over to the Symenestra and just gave her a little grin before returning a stern look up to the stars in study. He tried to remember from his youth what they were called and what stars where where, yet he couldn't recall. Aside from the bugs though it was a nice night, though the thought of her leg bothered him. He looked over to her and asked, "Do you want me to carry you home?"

He would not forget his shirt, nor her silks before they left, that was for sure. He needed his shirt at times, especially since there weren't hardly any trees on Black Rock

Loda
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Savacea Jovellana on August 2nd, 2015, 9:06 am

The warrior did not seem to know how to respond to her statements, she did not press them any further as she too did not understand it completely. Though he gave a chuckle this made her feel better. She did not mean to slip up like that, hoping he did not notice or take it in a negative way. Savacea did seem him as a warrior, she had no right to say her warrior though. The chuckle was delightful though and made her feel better. He even accepted to lay down with her, and this made her smile wide as he did so.

Loda shifted until he was propped up on his elbows and looking over at her. She did not turn towards him, as she admired the stars and moon in the sky. They always mesmerized her and she wondered if the stars were actually a map that would lead people to some paradise like place. She kept those thoughts to herself though, Loda would think that she was silly for thinking such things. Her thoughts left her as his deep voice surrounded her. She turned to her side, gazing at Loda as he spoke of a tale of his people.

The story he weaved was about a Jaguar who gave his strength to the woman of the stars, but she would cause destruction to the world. The Jaguar did not harm the woman, instead he left her in peace saying that one day he hoped they would hunt together. Savacea grinned intrigued and listened intently to ever word that came out of Loda's mouth, as he went on to say that the woman was the strongest that she could do everything the man could do but had the strength to give life. Loda explained when he looked to the stars he sees his Goddess-Queen Myri and the strength of the woman. When he was finished he gave her a grin, then looked up at the stars with a stern look on his face.

"That was an amazing story. Very beautiful, thank you for sharing a story of your people with me, it means so much." Savacea said, admiring the way the moon light touched the man's tawny skin, casting shadows on his stern face. It made him look that much more attractive as he laid there under the light of the stars and moon. She sighed softly, then looked up to the sky herself. They laid there for only a moment, when Loda asked if she would like him to carry her home. Savacea turned to look back at him, "Do you want to carry me? If so you may do so, but I will not burden you. You are more hurt then I am." Savacea said in a low voice, concern deep in her eyes. She did not want to cause the man any more pain or burden him any further then what she had already done. Though feeling his arms around her would be nice, she was unsure the next time she would see him again, and to be honest she was being greedy when it came to his touch.

She left the decision up to him of whether to carry her or not, if he did she would snuggle against him and fall asleep as they walked. If he did not she would walk beside him to the Dormitories, parting ways with a sorrowful farewell, not really wanting to leave his side, even though she was severely tired and had to go to Tokia's the next day for a paste to treat her leg.
Savacea Jovellana
Poisonous Dancer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Loda on August 2nd, 2015, 9:06 am

Loda nodded to Savacea’s words. They were true, it was quite a beautiful story, but a child’s tale really. He doubted that it held much relevance to true events as the only jaguars he ever met tried to kill him or ran away after a couple stabs of the spear. Looking now the the stars though he did consider the large beautiful women of his tribe. They did have great strengths in them and most of all, Myri. The man could feel her eyes upon him for a moment and then the feeling faded as she looked up to the night sky herself, searching it for the secrets she desired to know.

She seemed content, but he knew that contentment would turn to fear when the fire died down. He was serious about the carrying her home. He had felt her weight and knew it wouldn’t be a problem, even if he was tired.

“You won’t be a burden, and my injuries are little to few. You are obviously pained to walk.” He looked back down from the stars to her eyes to show his intent, and then with that he began to get up. He moved over in the dark to her things. He tucked his shirt into the strap of his loincloth and then with all her things he returned to her side. He helped her carefully up to her feet with a light tug, letting her do most of the lifting. With his spear end and foot he pushed sand into the blaze until it began to die. When he was sure it wouldn’t spread anywhere even if the wind picked up on it, he would hand her her silks to hold. With a spear in one arm and a scooping action under her hind, he lifted her up against his chest with her legs clung about him. She he pulled her up to his chest and to the side slightly so she could rest her head upon his shoulder and like that they walked back. The crag was slightly dangerous, but due to the light of the moon, he was able to navigate it without her even waking.

Her behavior upon him, sleeping, reminded him of carry the tribal children through the jungle at times. They would get so tired and exhausted that you could hold them up by a foot upside down and they would not wake up easily. He figured she was just purely wasted, and he was feeling it too. This night he would likely have trouble sleeping due to the scratches in his back, not to mention all the bug bites he had received.

Upon entering the dormitories, he headed down the stairs and into the common room. There were some human people there talking who gave a strange look to him because it was strange for a Myrian to be carrying someone, let alone someone who looked like her. He bared his teeth to them and they quickly turned their heads. He looked forward, and his gaze was met by the Benshiran. The man was shaking his head at the display of ferocity Loda showed.

“Try to keep things peaceful,” he said in a whisper, realizing Savacea was asleep.

Loda nodded understandingly and asked with a quiet tone, “What room is hers? Can you let me in to put her to bed? We hiked through the marsh. It’s been a long day.” Knowing they set out together the Benshiran didn’t mind it and used the spare key to let him into her room and watched him to make sure he didn’t do anything. With his spear end he moved back her covers and then as gently as he could, slid her into bed.

She murmured slightly but didn’t wake up, seemingly enjoying the comfort of the bed. The manager opened a hall closet with his keys and produced a couple pillows. Loda tucked her feet under the pulled back covers, but to her poisoned leg, he knew it was sensitive so he only let a single blanket lay on top of it when he covered her up; knowing what even a simple blanket can feel like to a wound. It was enough to keep her warm though he thought. The manager handed him the pillows and he nodded, placing one in between her arms that had held him snugly all the way here, and one between her knees as she lay on her side. This would keep all pressure off her poor foot and hopefully allow her to rest easy. Slowly he pulled the soft linen covers up to her shoulders and tucked them in down to her butt.

With that he took a second to watch her sleeping there to make sure all was okay, hazily blinked, and then left her side. He let the manager close the door, lock it, and waited for him to come back to the counter with him. The man asked him many questions and Loda told him some of what they had experienced, but not much more than some sights and various plants. He told him nothing about their encounters with the denizens of the swamp. With that he headed up to his own bed and plopped down on his bed after closing the door, Surprisingly his exhaustion outweighed his irritation of bug bites and he found himself fast asleep himself.

Loda
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Traverse on December 23rd, 2015, 10:53 pm

Loda

Experience:

• Acrobatics 1
  • Climbing 1
  • Disguise 2
  • Endurance 2
  • Foraging 1
  • Flirting 2
  • Herbalism 1
  • Intimidation 1
  • Land Navigation 3
  • Observation 5
  • Rhetoric 2
  • Seduction 1
  • Socialization 5
  • Stealth 1
  • Storytelling 1
  • Teaching 1
  • Wilderness Survival 2

Lores:

• Symenestra Diet Consists of Liquid or Near Liquid food sources
  • Symenestra are Able to digest solids into liquids using controlled doses of their own venom
  • Savacea's preferred food is fruit
  • Allowing Hate to Wash Over Oneself
  • Telling a Myrian Children's Story

Injuries:

+ A Myriad of Scratches: Will close in just a day or two, causing itchiness from the healing for about a week.

Savacea

Experience:

• Acrobatics 1
  • Flirting 2
  • Foraging 1
  • Herbalism 3
  • Investigation 1
  • Medicine 1
  • Observation 5
  • Rhetoric 2
  • Seduction 2
  • Socialization 5
  • Stealth1
  • Teaching 2
  • Unarmed Combat 1

Lores:

• A Symenestra Teaching Loda More of His Own Culture
  • Feeling Hate and Anger Emanate from Loda
  • Medicine: Treating Scratches with a crushed wet solution of Old Man's Beard
  • Enjoying Loda's Touch
  • Learning of a Myrian Children's Story

Injuries:

+ 1 large rash upon the leg: Will last about a week, less with treatment and cause general itchiness and irritation as well as a bit of numbness in the leg

Shared Lores:

• Feeling a strange hatred and discomfort within a particular spot in the Black Marsh
  • Acson: Mildly Poisonous to the Touch/ Much more so if infused with Food Or Drink
  • Wraith's Mint: Can be Spotted in Moonlight, and Smelled and 'tasted' by Ghosts, Scent is enhanced if crushed or burned
  • Admitting Growing Feelings to One Another (Loda/ Savacea)

Inventory: (Since semi vague handfuls were grabbed it is up to you guys to denote how much of each herb you collected you feel you have)

+ Old Man's Beard
+ Liverwort
+ A Single Cattail Reed (Savacea)
+ Wraith's Mint

Additional Notes :
Wow things went emotionally downhill so fast in this thread! So I really liked the idea of the Quamur affecting Savacea and Loda's travels, but felt the implementation was a bit of a let down. The emotional spark and argument they had was wonderful, but very brief, and the other events you kind of attributed to the Qamur, a ghost, and a Dhani appearance are things that would be super common in the Black Marsh. On top of this the skeletons were just too convenient of a parallel, if it had been a Dhani and several Myrians, or even two unidentified humanoid skeletons I think it would have been just as potent if not more so, and make a whole lot more sense being in the middle of Black Rock's Marsh. Apart from that I really enjoyed this thread, and the struggles both of them went through. Just as in the last thread if you felt I missed any exp or lore let me know!

As always, Safe travels!
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous