The end means a new beginning (Iris Dove)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Miya on December 1st, 2010, 5:06 pm

Miya smiled again and stood up, walking towards the door like there was nothing else in the world she could do. Eyes were all over the young Kelvic again. Whispers could be heard "I wonder if they will catch her tonight... I'm saying she'll have a nice meal".

It was fun for Miya to hear what people meant about her, especially as she was leaving the tavern. It seemed like the waiter didn't expect Miya to pay so she just walked by. After all, the tea gave her stomach problems.

Miya looked at Iris and slowly walked through the door, shivering almost wildly as she felt the cold wind on her skin "Thank you", she whispered, making sure she held the door while waiting for Iris to walk out.
When will I be unleashed?
It's not the way it should be.
Yearning again only to be myself
When I'm free...

Unleash my consciousness, please...
Miya
Player

Words: 19634
Joined roleplay: November 21st, 2010, 10:49 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Iris Dove on December 1st, 2010, 6:05 pm

"Thank you," Miya whispered as she walked out of the door, and then held the door for Iris. When she was safely through, and back outside, the door slammed shut behind them. Must be the wind, Iris thought, as the wind whipped through the area, sending a chill up her spine, and her hair flying wildly around her.

Iris wished she had a heavier set of clothing, her dress was just not cutting it. She crossed her arms over her chest trying to lock in the heat. "So, do you want to lead, or should I?" she asked her companion.
Iris Dove
Wanderer

Words: 77849
Joined roleplay: November 2nd, 2010, 5:38 pm
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Miya on December 2nd, 2010, 4:23 pm

Miya shook her head and wrapped her arms around herself. It was insanely cold outside.
"Not quite Iris, I'm not all that great at finding things right now"

Her eyes roamed around, but she couldn't see a damn thing in her human form. It was pitch dark by then and she didn't like it one bit, especially not when it's this cold and she had nowhere to go.
When I'm free...

Miya
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Iris Dove on December 2nd, 2010, 7:30 pm

"Not quite Iris, I'm not all that great at finding things right now," Miya said. Iris looked over at her. The girl was shivering miserably. She must be freezing she thought, realizing, that she too, was rather cold.

Iris breathed in and out. Her breath formed little swirls in the night. They reminded her of the smoke of a fire. But they didn't smell, or linger in the air for very long.

She looked around her. Her night vision wasn't as good as her day vision, but it was good enough, and her eyes always seemed to adjust to the night fairly well. "Lets go this way," she said, hoping that Miya was actually following her and hadn't frozen to death.

"This part of town seems a little quieter than over there," she added, not sure if what she was saying was true or not. The cold kept dulling her senses, or so it seemed.

She kept walking, and then stopped short in front of a small building. It was crushed on one end. It looked like it might have once been a house. Only one room still stood, but it only had a partial roof. Their was a giant hole on the right side, in the corner. It was made of stone, and possessed a door that was hanging off it's hinges at an odd angle, and no windows. Frowning slightly, thinking it may be the best they could do, especially considering how cold they both seemed to be, she gestured towards it, half-heartedly she said, "what do you think?" hoping that Miya was still around to listen, and hadn't been lost somewhere behind her.
Iris Dove
Wanderer

Character sheet
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Miya on December 9th, 2010, 10:13 am

Miya followed Iris, but at the same time she was deep within her thoughts. What came to her mind this time were creatures that she heard one of the men in the tavern talk about. Nuits... Her Master used to talk about those a lot... and he seemed like he was scared of those quite a bit, even though he would never admit so. What if Miya went to the city they came from? What if she found a Nuit that actually isn't a mean, dark creature that wants to kill her?
That sounded pretty good, so with a big grin on her face, she almost crushed into Iris as the woman stopped.

Oh... um sorry... was thinking about something.. and yea, sure, we can do that..., she whispered, looking at the building that was quite scary and dark. Miya had to get used to that though, especially if she was going to go to Sahova... YES! that was the place Miya had to remember. That was the place those weird Nuits came from. She was quite excited now, especially since the man said the ship would be leaving tomorrow, sometimes around midnight. She had to pack things! She had so many things to do... but.. not really... the only thing she had was a backpack, containing all kinds of silly thinks like flute, book, coat and all that.

Well... it seems like it was time for Miya to actually do something... something about her life.
When I'm free...

Miya
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Iris Dove on December 10th, 2010, 6:41 pm

"Oh... um sorry... was thinking about something.. and yea, sure, we can do that..." Miya said. Iris looked over at her friend, she seemed both cold, and distant. Thinking nothing of it, Iris walked up to the building, and pulled back the door, the wind swept through and blew it back suddenly, and quickly.

Startled, Iris let go of the door, suddenly, as her heart started beating wildly. It's just the wind Iris, she told herself, as she walked inside. The room didn't have a true floor, just dirt, and it was cold, and rather dark inside. Luckily, Iris' night vision was half-way decent, and her eyes adjusted to it fairly well within a few minutes.

The door to the room was still wide-open, and the wind was whistling through, and as she looked around, Iris couldn't tell if Miya was with her, or still outside.
Iris Dove
Wanderer

Character sheet
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Miya on December 10th, 2010, 7:04 pm

Miya whimpered as she felt the wind on her skin, shaking her head and just rubbing her arms fast, trying to warm up. It was quite scary and weird, even though she wasn't completely there... She was sort of, absent...

She stepped in slowly, following Iris as she tried to adjust her eyes to the dark. The dirt on the floor didn't disturb her one bit, but whistling of the wind made her shiver and think of only scary thoughts, which of course, wasn't ever a good thing.

Miya tried to catch up with what happened to that house, but she couldn't. It wasn't anything obvious. Her voice was weak and it showed her shivers quite obviously
Wow... it's cold here.. we need to start a fire or something..
When I'm free...

Miya
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Iris Dove on December 10th, 2010, 8:35 pm

"Wow... it's cold here.. we need to start a fire or something..." Miya said. Iris nodded, but then worried that Miya couldn't see her, she said, "yeah, we should. But with what? Last I checked we didn't exactly have any firewood."

Iris had lost feeling in her feet, her hands, and her nose. Her cheeks were frozen, and she was shivering. She rubbed her hands together, trying to warm herself up, but it didn't do anything.

"You know a place to get firewood?" Iris asked, after a long pause. "Or something we could light on fire to keep warm? Or even blankets?"
Iris Dove
Wanderer

Character sheet
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Miya on December 30th, 2010, 6:52 pm

Miya nodded and smiled softly, looking around for anything that looked flamable... noticing a few pieces of wooden furniture.. or well, what was left of it "Well, if you're not scared of rats running around, we could try and move that, to put it on fire... looks... like it'd work"

Pointing at the furniture, she moved towards it, exploring what was there and how exactly could they move it "And I have a cape we could cover ourselves with till the fire gets this place a bit warmer... it's not much, but it'll help...". Miya's memories weren't a nice place to be at right now, cause all of the dark around her, wind and broken furniture reminded her of the days when here brothers and sisters were around... when that monster was still keeping them in those dark, wet and cold rooms for no particular reason other then his own amusement.
When I'm free...

Miya
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Iris Dove on December 30th, 2010, 7:09 pm

"Well, if you're not scared of rats running around, we could try and move that, to put it on fire... looks... like it'd work," she said, as Iris nodded, "yeah...." not really seeing what Miya was referring to, but not truly wanting to let on.

Miya gestured to the remnants of some old furniture, as though she knew what Iris had been thinking. "And I have a cape we could cover ourselves with till the fire gets this place a bit warmer... it's not much, but it'll help..." Miya added.

"Sounds good..." Iris said as her teeth began to chatter and she moved closer to the outline of Miya's body, groping around in the dark, feeling what appeared to be an old chair in her fingertips, the back of one that may have one belonged to a table... but Iris couldn't be sure, it seemed like a portion of it... a portion with jagged edges at the tips, had been torn away over time, and it felt as though that section of wood was making a 90 degree angle with another, and had a few tiny sticks attached at the bottom... sticks that had been split in halves and thirds from what she could tell simply from their dark outline and the touch of her hands.
Iris Dove
Wanderer

Character sheet
Peer Reviewer (1)

PreviousNext