Completed Seashells down by the Seashore (Aidara and Sairque)

Fun at the beach turns sour when jealousy between two sisters over a certain wind eagle kelvic turns hostile. Sira, Addy, and Sai are forced to face the dangers of their minds in this mind-boggling thread.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Seashells down by the Seashore (Aidara and Sairque)

Postby Aidara on June 9th, 2011, 3:34 am

Addy was very unaware of anything but her sister for what seemed like ages. Slowly, like a scared hermit crab crawling back out of it's shell, the healer felt her twin slinking up from the dark, scary, recesses of her mind. Unbeknownst to her, Addy let out the breath she had been holding in a great, violent woosh. They were out of the woods.

In a way that was almost impossible to explain with words, Addy could tell that her sister understood her, could see the memories and feel her emotions. She also knew that it was working, and her wordless apology was exactly what her sister had needed. With their strange relationship, the twins were prone to overreactions and weird coping mechanisms when it came to matters involving the both of them.

The mewl that escaped from Sai reminded the healer so much of the hatchling birds that she helped the Gatekeeper care for that she couldn't help but laugh once with pure relief. "Sai, can you hear me? Are you alright? I hope I didn't make you more upset." Speaking mostly for the benefit of the sound alone, the words not mattering as much, Addy tried to lean back and look at her sisters face. But this was made impossible the by way Sai clung to her shoulder. This put a little wriggling worm of doubt back into the pit of her stomach. By the feelings that were trickling over from Sai's end of the bond, Addy hadn't made her upset. In fact, she was edging more and more out of her shell.

Panic was starting to well up inside her to a degree that was soon going to be hard to hide from her sister when Catabasis mentally punched Addy. Sure, the eagle had meant for it to be a gentle nudge but he, like his Rider, was woefully ignorant of his own strength. Knowing that his intentions were pure, despite the crisp and almost rude tone of voice, Addy listened carefully.

But I swear I didn't mean it that way. I simply wanted to keep her from going crazy. Not only have I felt what she was feeling, but I knew how close I was from loosing her. I had to make what I had done right, because what I did was wrong. Very wrong. It didn't mater whether or not Sai was included in this mental discussion, because she had experienced this all through their bond. She didn't need the feelings reaffirmed by, in comparison, poorly chosen words.

I'm not really sure how to let go, but I have a strange feeling that it might hurt. But the giant bird wasn't even listening to Aidara anymore, and he couldn't even use her name as he called for Sira's help. Snorting in irritation, Addy shoved the bird roughly from her mind and turned all her attention back to her sister.

She was going to make this as fast and painless as she could. Feeling down into their connection, she could see exactly what Catabasis was talking about. Since things were so much easier to do mentally when she envisioned them as real objects, Addy looked at it as if Sai was wrapped tightly in a multitude of blankets and she had to cut them away. In her first attempt to free her twin, the healer tried plucking at the loose edges of her sister's confinement. Nothing happened. She then poked, prodded and scratched at the outer layer. Still nothing.

Working her mental fingers under the edge of the blanket, Addy took a firm hold on her emotions and pulled. She pulled so hard, that as the tightly woven fabrics of feeling that wound Sai loosened and then fell away, Addy was physically thrown backwards. Odd.

Feeling slightly lonely now that she and Sai weren't wrapped up tight in their own little world, Addy rubbed the back of her head where she had hit it upon a stone half buried in the sand. "Are you alright?" Was whispered at her sister before her eyes turned to the sky. She owed Sira an apology as well.
Aidara
The "i" is silent

Words: 946840
Joined roleplay: October 6th, 2010, 5:20 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 10
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)
Power Fork (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Sira on June 10th, 2011, 12:04 am

The waves rolled in and out, an endless cycle that would go on until the day the oceans dried up. Sira watched them, and she was at peace. She did not hide from what had happened between the three of them, but she had comes to terms with it. Could she make amends with Sairque? She didn't know he answer to that, but it didn't matter. She would try, and the flight leader would have to accept her presence. The only one who could remove her was Aidara herself, and if that was her wish Sira would accept it. But she knew Addy wouldn't tell her to leave, not again, their bond was real and it was strong. Not as strong as the sisters, perhaps, but that made it no less relevant. Sira stood when she heard Catabasis message and immediately began walking back toward the twins. She wasn't far, it would only take a moment to reach them.

Needs help with what, Sira inquired as she traced the connection from Catabasis to Sai and Addy? Sira was not all that experienced with her telepathy when it came to humans, she usually spoke only to the eagles, but she could see something was wrong. She didn't fully understand what had happened, but truly it was Sai who needed help, not Aidara. She didn't have time to study the situation, however, Addy kicked Catabasis from her mind effectively kicking out Sira as well. Her pace quickened as she went over the situation in her mind. Sai had gone somewhere mentally that she shouldn't have, but would Aidara alone be able to free her. Sira hadn't known the twins for very long, and Sai was often a mystery to her. Their bond was something Sira had never seen before and she didn't fully understand it. But she did understand Endal, and that is what Sairque was.

Sira reached the twins just as Aidara fell back from the shock of emotion. Aidara seemed to have recovered but would Sairque be able to free herself. Sira did the only thing she could think of. "Sairque!" Her voice was neither harsh nor soft, but firm. "Pull yourself out of this! You are an Endal! And a flight leader. So start acting like one and get control of yourself!" She didn't know how Sai would react, though there was a good chance she would wake up and punch Sira in the face. It didn't really matter, Sira knew if she ever acted that way she would expect the same kind of reprimand. Endal were proud creatures, and hopefully Sairque's pride combined with Addy's efforts would be enough to drag her out of the emotional sink hole she had fallen into.

OOCI don't know why but your post left me very confused, Sai. Oh, and sorry for the short response...
Nari | Common
Italics are Telepathic
Sira
Player

Words: 737381
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2010, 3:42 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Aidara on August 23rd, 2011, 4:42 am

"That's not going to work." Her voice was barely a whisper when she addressed Sira, reaching out a hand to the other woman and gently clasping her hand. "She isn't listening. We always joked that I was the fragile, emotional one. I always thought this would be me, not here..." Yes, Addy had done what Catabasis asked and pulled away from her sister...but Sai still wasn't responding. It should have been her, not Sai, curled there in a ball and dangerously close to the edge of insanity, and she was going to do anything it took to save her sister. It wasn't even a question.

Lost in her thoughts, it wasn't until Sira stirred uncomfortably next to her that Addy snapped back to reality. "I am going to need your help, I think. We need to come up with a way to...save her. I don't know if you heard, but Catabasis told me to pull away from her... but it didn't work" The repetition and the shrill quality her voice took on was an insight to just how panicked the woman really was. "Did Catabasis give you any hints, ideas, clues?" Desperate now and with her own intuition failing her, Addy turned her face from where it was buried in Sai's hair and lifted her pleading green eyes towards the kelvic.

"Wait! I think...I think I have an idea. Clearly, I can get to her in a way no one else can. That's already been proven...But won't you be able to as well? Isn't that how the whole Wind Eagle thing works?" There was a spark of hope in her eyes now, a little bit of the despair having evaporated. "I will go in first, right, and I will get Sai back. But it's going to have to be you that convinces her..." Addy began to choke up again, and took her hand from Sira's to wipe away the tears that had sprung into her eyes. "...you have to convince her that there are reasons...reasons for her to come back to me. To us." Towards the end, the small woman started to loose her cool again. She had to pause, stop her voice from shaking and compose herself once more before she continued "Catabasis is right. I can't pull her out. She just clings to me because she is hurt, but I can't draw her out...we are too close. I feel her pain, and it's almost like I am enabling it, amplifying it. That's the best way I can explain."

Reaching for Sira's hand once more, Addy gave it a squeeze before tugging her down onto the sand. Carefully, with Sai in her arms, Addy then shimmied up next to Sira's side and laid her twin across their laps. Like a child, she kept Sai's head cradled against her chest, idily stroking her fingers through her hair. "Please Sira. Please tell me we can do this."

OOCI realize you wanted us to just edit our posts, Amanda, but while I was doing that, it ended up being so convoluted and confusing that I made the executive decision for Sira and I to just make two posts in a row to include the changes. The end. ^_^
Aidara
The "i" is silent

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Sira on September 2nd, 2011, 4:34 am

Sira stared down at the form of Sairque whom Aidara had placed across their laps. Her gaze was not where Addy could see it, but if she had she might have been taken aback. Sira did not feel sorry for the flight leader. In truth her eyes shone with something closer to disappointment and possibly even anger. This was not how an Endal was supposed to act. If Sai wasn't strong enough to handle rejection, or competition for her sisters love, or whatever it was she was torn up about, then how could she be strong enough to protect the city? Sira took a deep breath, exhaling a long calming sigh, then looked to Aidara with softened eyes.

"Of course we can do it, Addy. You just have to trust me."

Sira laid her hands on Sairque's legs, an action that was more for the healer's benefit than of any real use to the kelvic, and then she closed her eyes and dove in. Sira opened a link between the three of them, an easy enough thing, and then she let Addy lead the way. When they reached the mental bundle that was Sai's mind Sira did not see soft blankets enveloping the endal, but ropes binding her in place. Ropes of jealousy and anger and all the other emotions that had sent her in to the mental state. Where Addy tried to gently remove the blankets, Sira drew her talon sword. Where Addy would have tugged off the sheets one by one, Sira sliced through the ropes and cut her way through the tangled web until she was face to face with the flight leader. Sairque.

Sira locked Addy out. Suddenly the ropes were back in place, and they became an impossibly tall hedge of thorns. She closed herself and Sai off from the healer. Whatever emotions Addy could feel from her sister now would be a trickle through the impenetrable wall before her. Only Sai could cut a path out. Sairque. What are you doing?

Tentatively the kelvic reached out and touched the flight leader's mind, the equivalent of laying a hand on her shoulder. Look at you. A flash in Sai's mind, an image sent to her by the kelvic, as Catabasis would send her images of game on the ground far below, except that this was an image of Sairque herself, lying upon her sister's lap. It wasn't through the loving eyes of a sister, but through the eyes of one endal watching another fall. This is beneath you. This is beneath an endal. I am sorry for what has happened, but if you cannot snap out of this then you don't deserve any of us. Me. Your sister. Even Catabasis. Will he be forced to find a new rider because you can't get control of your own mind? And who will watch over Aidara? Do you truly trust me, an intruder in your lives, to take care of her by myself?

In their mind's eye Sira offered Sairque her sword, placing it in the flight leader's hands. Cut me down now. Have your revenge.. Or, Sira motioned to the imaginary wall of thorns around them, Cut down that which truly binds you, and be free. Sira stepped back. She wasn't worried about the blade itself, none of it was real, and whatever choice Sairque made didn't concern her either. Addy wanted Sai back. If Sai wanted to hate Sira then so be it. But if she wanted to face her demons, cut through the thorns, then that option was also available to them. Either way, it should snap the endal out of it, and that was all that mattered to Sira. Addy didn't need to know the details of how.
Nari | Common
Italics are Telepathic
Sira
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Sairque on September 3rd, 2011, 4:18 am

Do not speak to me as I would you, Endal, Sai hissed, rebuking tones reverberating off the thin iron wires holding her bundled within Aidara as though they shared the same reproachful intent, like the strings of a lute that vibrate upon nothing more than hearing their own note peeling out. Catabasis pressed his own supportive presence into the pair of conscious ladies; Aidara would understand better than Sira, it was not a matter of subordination but the simple fact that Sai knew her station far too well to be lectured on it. That approach simply held no power over the dutiful woman.

As Sira had reached out, she found herself wrenched upon, pulled into this limbo as Sai had been. And they, indeed, manifested quite corporally. Before the Kelvic stood the younger twin. Of course, as Sira existed without the bonds that the sister’s shared, she existed separate to the complete power the healer and flight leader could exert upon one another.

The woman, looking strangely youthful, as though she were around fifteen or sixteen years, had the voice of her adult self, the crack of command, but lacked the physical presence. Though Sai didn’t know how she looked, she could have confidently explained the phenomena should anyone describe it to raise question. That outfit was all too familiar. She’d never worn it since the day the twins had come to blows the last time: after the younger sister had bonded and the two had been unable to reconcile the jealousies of the elder twin. Which twin was responsible for it was debatable. Yellow eyes, still wide with wonder as only those of youth could be, swiveled and met the intruder to this strange new place. Catabasis had calmed, yet there was a sharp tendril of suppressed horror; she could no more reach out to him than he her. It was like their positions within her mind had switched; Aidara and Catabasis. All around her, deeper and more aware than ever before was the healer. And here was Sira.

And where was here? Teenage Sai locked her hands behind her and took a leisurely stroll around the back of the Kelvic; this path for no other reason than nothing besides the two women defined the space of this place. Catabasis existed in a box like Aidara had. Aidara enveloped her so completely as Sai knew Catabasis had the power to do but had never executed. That was great and all, knowing where those two were...but where was she? Ah, yes, she was sprawled out rather indignantly atop her sister. Was that drool?

Sai’s pace trailed off in front of the Kelvic, the sword appearing in the smaller one’s hand though neither woman made the movement necessary to close the distance and pass it off properly. There was no one to kill here; calculating glance moving away, the weapon was tossed over a shoulder to disappear in the emptiness. It appeared once more on the Wind Eagle’s hip, or back, wherever she preferred to carry it. The tool that Sira gave, her words, the Endal turned over and over. The wall of thorns received an interested glance. The pacing recommenced.

“...Look at you...
...cannot snap out of this...
...Cut down that which truly binds you, and be free...”

I’m stuck in Aidara’s mind, aren’t I? Sai asked, conversationally. Tell me, Sira, should one of us die, and one eventually will, is this the place that the dead one will find refuge? Catabasis had had this conversation with them once, but his vast knowledge was highly unattainable at the moment. Sira, however, had quite volunteered herself for the job. If we don’t learn how to control this, there’s speculation that one mind will crowd out the other and drive it to insanity. Sai pivoted, facing the Kelvic, youthful features garishly unsuited for the task of discussing their demise. So, while I appreciate your offer to slice my sister’s mind to ribbons, I have to object upon the distinct possibility that without proper understanding of which structures are vital to our essences and which are manifestations of our instability...we could do more harm than good.

And so Sira met the woman that had attained such high status among their people. The one quite untouched by things such as jealousy. Or attraction.

I imagine, Wind Eagle, that you are here because Aidara can not allow Catabasis entry into her mind due to the history between them and he knows this. Sairque studied the manifestation of Addy’s new lover. You were directed to help, right? Without waiting for an answer, she continued with slow ponderance. Which means that you are quite capable of helping us understand what has happened here today and learning how to control it. Now, not too long ago Addy and I experienced something rather unpleasant. We woke one morning with pieces of ourselves gone. Sai waved a hand to dismiss the particulars of “missing pieces”. Catabasis, it turned out, until this day had been putting up barriers between us girls and that morning we learned that the day before we’d pushed too hard and he couldn’t fix it. It was much like this, actually. Sai reached out and prodded at a thorn. With nothing more to go on, and resources greatly limited, compared to a Wind Eagle’s, such as Sira. I assume it’s not a matter of tearing down barriers so much as reconstructing them and learning how they work.

The woman raised an expectant brow, but continued with the thought-facilitating pacing to give her time to digest and formulate a response. Catabasis, meanwhile, did his best to monitor the events through the screen of Addy's mind, and slowly tried to create a link between himself, the healer, and the Kelvic to sneak in through the 'back door' to his Endal.

OOC :
The events mentioned occurred in an unfinished thread, so I just referenced the beginning. With another AS, we can finish that thread! But it shouldn’t effect this one.
"Oneday I wished upon a star
And woke up where the clouds are far
Behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemon drops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me."
Sairque
It's so empty in here

Words: 424341
Joined roleplay: October 7th, 2010, 12:15 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Sira on September 5th, 2011, 7:53 pm

At first Sai's actions disappointed her. She wasn't going to attack Sira, nor was she going to break free. But the flight leader had more to say, and as she spoke Sira's confusion grew. Suddenly her mental eyes began to dart about, examining more closely the barrier that was around them. Thing's began to become more clear as Sairque explained events from the past, even in their slight detail. Sira was no wise Wind Eagle as was Catabasis, she was still very young. She had little experience with the minds of others, preferring only to speak to the wind eagles over the connection. Even manifesting in Sairque's, or was it Aidara's, mind was something entirely new to her. But that didn't mean she could not understand. The thorns, which could easily be walls or blankets or whatever the three of them wanted to be, were not just a simple barrier. They were.. a place.

The barriers Catabasis had put up, they were still there as well but in shambles. His work had stopped when they released him. ..but Sira could rebuild them if she wanted. So could Catabasis, so why hadn't he? Was it that the twins needed to learn to do it themselves? And should they cut themselves off completely, or should there still be a way in?

Sira approached the barrier of thorns and reached into them, pushing them aside. Behind was the crumpled remains of a doorway, where only the frame still stood. She couldn't tell how recently the doorway had been torn down, perhaps this very day or perhaps it had never been rebuilt since the last time Catabasis himself had put it up. But it was a doorway.. which meant he had allowed them access to one another. A wall would have been more effective, but it would have left the twins alone. Sira stepped through the doorway, the thorns falling back into place behind her, and discovered the rest of Aidara's mind. Aidara was there, frantic, wondering what was going on, trapped outside the wall of thorns. Sira stepped back in, walking back over to Sai.

The thorns here, Sira waved at the enclosure around them, They are of Aidara's making. She see's them as a protective blanket around you, but this is what that blanket has become. ..it's.. bad for you. Sira shook her head. She didn't know enough, she wasn't experienced enough. This was all beyond her. Where was Catabasis? Maybe Sai was right and Aidara was blocking him out, even though she needed to let him in. Sira would not block Catabasis' attempts to link with her, but they were still inside Aidara's mind so whether or not he actually could link with her Sira didn't know. All she did know was that she needed to get Sairque out.

Over there is the remains of what Catabasis built. A doorway, on the other side of the thorns. I can pass through it freely, because Aidara hasn't trapped me in here, but you.. I don't know. I can go out, and try to get her to lower the thorns, or lift the blanket as she sees it. Or you can break out, but it might damage you both of you. I don't know which one would work better to be honest. Sira sighed. She hated that she couldn't be of more help. ..I.. think, no I know that the two of you need to rebuild the wall, and the door. Together. But first, you need to get out of here. You need to get back into your own head, and the only way there is through those thorns. Once you are free, the two of you can rebuild. I.. we, Catabasis and I, can help you, but it needs to be your barrier, not ours. And the door, I think you need a key. Both of you. Sira shook her head. She was rambling, all that stuff about the wall could come later.

For now, you have to get out of here.

OOCOkay.. I have no idea if this post was good or bad, lol. So here you go. ;)
Nari | Common
Italics are Telepathic
Sira
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Sairque on September 8th, 2011, 7:28 pm

Unaware that there was an urgency to escaping, Sai’s pacing stopped dead and her full attention fixated on the Kelvic. Brows lifted in surprise, the increasingly apprehensive woman hung on Sira’s every word. As the composed but puzzled woman trailed off, her troubled companion nodded and furiously worked through the insight offered.

I agree. First, get out of here, second, you help us rebuild the door. Sai didn’t say it, but it had to be Sira. It had to be someone that Addy trusted and chose. Catabasis could help her, but it had to be the Kelvic doing the work. At ends, though desperately wishing she had a clue how to go about ‘escaping,’ Sira’s companion approached the wall of thorns and tried to get through in the exact same spot as she had. No go, as the brambles slithered together in dense refusal, keeping the captive from even getting a hand in to push thorns aside.

Stymied, and disappointed that the easiest solution didn’t work, she turned to Sira and shrugged. You’d better go work your magic on Addy, I haven’t the slightest clue how to break free without hurting her. I don’t want breaking free to seem like an attack, I feel like it needs to come from her, not me, Sai stressed, releasing a defeated sigh and sinking into a cross-legged position.

Maybe we need to figure out where it came from, why does Addy feel the need to keep me so close? Is she still afraid of losing me? To Catabasis, other Inarta, you. Is she keeping me in here to keep me from you? I wonder if that was the case if you wouldn’t be allowed in here either, the logical woman mused, eyes glancing up to the Kelvic to invite her to throw in any possible scenarios, however wild. Is it just because she wants to protect me from jealousy? She mentioned that earlier, didn’t she? When I first got stuck in here?

Falling silent, the vast emptiness of this place offered no help. A spark ignited in those yellow eyes. What if you can get her to manifest in here too? Then she could usher me out herself!
Behind me.
Sairque
It's so empty in here

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Sira on September 14th, 2011, 12:15 am

Sira pondered over Sairque's words for some time, wondering to herself why everything had to be so complicated. Things in the sky were much simpler. There were no boxes, no barriers, even the clouds were not impassable. Things were so complicated down on the ground. A part of Sira loved it, and it was the part that was more often in charge, and so Sira understood probably better than the wind eagle's what was happening. I think it may be a combination of all of those things she commented, But you're right, whatever it is Addy is the one who needs to let go. I'll go try to figure out a way how.

Sira went back to the part of the thorns where they door lay hidden and the plants parted for her easily. She pushed open the door, which creaked on it's hinges, and stepped out closing it shut behind her. She was relieved to see Addy was still out there.. But of course she would be, it was her mind.

Aidara. Sai needs your help.

Sira was beside the healer, taking her hand. Back in the real world she reached over and did the same thing with her actual hand, hoping the physical touch would help somehow. Addy, Sai is trapped. She can't get out without your help. Fly with me, Aidara. We can cross this wall and get Sai out. Together Sira and Addy flew up and over the wall. For the briefest of instants they were eagle and endal, something they both secretly longed for but at the time neither knew was possible. They landed inside the wall of thorns where Sairque was waiting. The place that was supposed to be a protective blanket had turned into a prison, dark and dangerous. Poisonous to them both.

This is the safe place you built for Sai. Look at what it has become. You need to guide her out. The door is over there, but it will only open if you let it.

OOCSorry.. this one is kinda short.
Nari | Common
Italics are Telepathic
Sira
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Aidara on September 16th, 2011, 11:25 pm

The thorns had shocked the healer to her core.

Waiting outside of the wall, Addy had had no idea what was going on. She could feel the muffled presence of both Sai and Sira, but she couldn't hear them or really feel them...she just kind of knew they were still there.

At first, being blocked out made her angry. It was like being cut off from her whole world; deafened, blinded and basically trapped in her own mind. The only thing there was to do was pace around the outside of the wall. And so she did, wearing a path in the grass that had magically appeared there. What as going on? Was Sai okay? Why was it taking so long!

The wall hadn't looked so dangerous to Addy while she waited; it was a simple brick wall with some pretty vines curling up the sides, wriggling their little viney fingers in through the cracks in the mortar. There were even flowers blooming here and there.

So.. Yes, the thorns were a huge shock. The reality of what her protection turned into was clear on the inside; the outside represented her original intentions.

"I did this?" Her whisper was small and scared when She and Sira finally landed next to where Sai waited. "I... I'm sorry. I didn't know." Green eyes pleaded with her sister to understand. Now that their bonds were all reconnected, Addy flooded it with her anxiety and her guilt, as well as the need for forgiveness. She hadn't meant to imprison her own sister. Her Twin.

You need to guide her out. Sira's voice blossomed in her head, driving out the impending grief that threatened to overtake the Healers good senses and ability to function The door is over there, but it will only open if you let it.

And sure enough, there it was. A heavy wooden door in the midst of the thorns. "That thing? How am I supposed to open that?" A glance at her sister, who had remained quiet thus far. "Will you come with me? I'm sorry Sai..."

Slowly, Addy walked over to her sister, reaching out her hand. When Sai took it, she clasped it tightly and hugged it to her chest, drawing her sister even closer to her side. It wouldn't be hard to let Sai go, now that she saw what she was doing to her sister. She didn't quite understand why her intentions turned so dangerous...but those were questions for later.

Stepping quickly and pulling her sister along with her before anyone else could talk, suggest or warn her of anything, Addy moved to the door with the earnest of someone ripping off a band aid. Better to get it over with quickly.

The door was as heavy as it looked. Dropping Sai's hand, Addy wriggled in first, taking the brunt of the scrapes and pricks of the gigantic thorns to her face, arms and legs. But the healer just gritted her teeth and continued forward until her hand clasped around the door handle. A hard tug, and nothing happened.

"Sai, you're going to have to help me pull this open. Or at least hold my hand while I do this..." Sira said the door would open for her, and it would. Sai just had to help her let go.

OOCFeel free have addy get the door open with your post. I wanted to leave that part for you so you could have some leeway with how Sai breaking free played out. I'll recap how Addy feels when the door opens in my next post.

Aidara
The "i" is silent

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Sairque on September 27th, 2011, 3:03 am

That Aidara would actually be able to manifest within her own mind had seemed ludicrous for some reason, and Sai stared at her for a long moment, head cocked to the side. How did she appear in her own head? How was she able to wrap her head around getting into her own head like that?

Impressed, the Flightleader took the offered hand and stepped closer, soon following along to that heavy door. Would she appear back in her own head when she went through it?

“Is my box on the other side of it?” she queried with childlike wonder, taking the youthful manifestation of her appearance to a whole new level. “I’m not just going to be like floating around your head, am I?”

With mounting trepidation, she followed her sister, casting one last apprehensive look at the Eagle before focusing on the door. Hopes dropped as the healer pulled to no avail. Wrapping a hand around the handle beneath Aidara’s, yellow eyes flicked to the elder woman.

“You know I’ll never leave you.”

Dropping her hold on the door, instead she reassured the healer by taking her hand again, trusting in her love and strength. Just as she pulled, Sai’s fear rose sharply, they really had no idea what they were doing. Its outlet t
hinly veiled the emotion.

“If this doesn’t work, we’ll just wait until you get sick of me commenting on how hot it is when you and Sira have sex and kick me out,” came the somewhat facetious whisper.

As the door creaked open, there was no hope of forging ahead through it. Streaming through, too quick to catch more than a brief glimpse of each, came a dancing array of women. They all looked like the twins, some were more obviously one or the other, and many of them were indiscernible. They laughed till tears streamed from their loving eyes, they whispered to each other, they embraced, ran, spun, joked, and played. Some were older, some young, and some no more than a dirty pair of scruffy children. But all came from fond memories of Aidara. Soon hands pulled at the twins, beckoning them to join. Highly confused, and more than a little weirded out, Sai gauged her sister’s interest or knowledge of what was going on.

With nothing else to do, she swept forth into the crowd, a death grip on her sister and a plea for her to come along. They did seem to be at the whim of their subconciouses…might as well do as they said. Abruptly, a highly sensualized one appeared before them, and Sai stopped dead, recognizing her from their experience with Catabasis. This one pulled Aidara away, toward Sira and normalcy. The decaying one remained, splitting off as the sexy one stepped out of her. This one wrapped the fetid flesh of her hand around Sai’s wrist and jerked her through the crowd; somehow in one pull they flew through the mass of themselves and out the door.

It slammed shut behind them.

Sai screamed, finally able to struggle against the deathly chill on her wrist, but the feel of sand beneath her torso, flying through the air with every panicked jerk, quickly overcame the horrible dread. Aidara was there, Sira was there. Catabasis was more than there, his beak plucked her away from her sister and rolled her over, as though she was a fledgling he needed to check for injuries. When he finally stopped, satisfied that she was all there, Sai shoved his beak away and looked at the two women, thunderstruck.

“How come you two got the hot one?”
Behind me.
Sairque
It's so empty in here