Solo [The Ironworks] Two Blades are Better Than One

Terag goes to his place of work to get himself a new weapon

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[The Ironworks] Two Blades are Better Than One

Postby Terag on September 26th, 2015, 7:52 pm

1st of Fall, 515AV – After the 3rd bell

Terag hummed softly to himself as he followed his usual path from home to his place of work: The Ironworks. Today, however, he was not there to work. Today he had asked for a weapon to be made for him. It was something he had seen before while working, he had never made one himself but he had seen other smiths make them. It was something that should also be easy for him to use, as he was used to using his own spear from time to time. He had asked for a warfork to be made for him, a simple one made of steel, but a devastating weapon nonetheless. ”Perhaps the weapon will be something I’ll be able to make in the future. Or maybe make something great with…”, he mumbled to himself as he finally made his way into the building.

Once inside he could already see his to be weapon sitting against the wall, and beside it sat one of the smiths who were made to wait at the counter for customers. ”Ah Terag, welcome! Ros said you would be in to pick up your warfork. Here it is, look it over, lemme know how it feels. You know, the usual things we tell the customers.” Terag nodded and chuckled, making his way over to the counter and the smith. The man picked up the weapon and handed it over the counter to Terag, who immediately noticed the difference in balance of the weapon compared to his spear.

”Wow, it feels much different than I thought. Heavier towards the front from two blades?”

The other smith nodded before responding, ”Yeah, though that’s what makes the warfork a warfork. I hear stories of men and animals getting impaled and then lifted and tossed to the side like hay. Also, if you’re lucky you might be able to catch someone’s arm in between the blades and twist, snap their arm perhaps? Don’t know, I don’t use these weapons very much. They aren’t our most popular weapon by far.”

Terag shrugged as he begin to spin and twist the weapon around himself, feeling the weight of it and how the two blades cut through the air. In theory it should do everything he was used to with a spear, and more. The weight would take a while to get used to, the change in hand positioning on the weapon shaft would likely be the hardest one to get out of his system. He gave the weapon a few practice thrusts, taking a step forward and thrusting it through the abdomen of an imaginary enemy. ”It feels good despite the differences, It is going to be a strong weapon. Thank you. The price is as was discussed, yes? Forty five golden mizas?”

The smith nodded, and Terag rummaged in his pocket for the coins. There was a soft clinking as he pulled each coin out and set it on the table in small handfuls before he had to count it out in Isurian. Once satisfied the smith pocketed the coins, ”There we have it then, you are free to take it home with you then my friend. I’ll see you tomorrow for work?” Terag nodded and smiled before giving his thanks to the man. He then turned and walked back out into the sunlight, his new treasure in his hand. The polished steel glinted off the sunlight as he walked, gaining the attention of a few passersby as he made his way home. Another day he would have to take his weapon out to train with, for now he just wanted to get it home. The ideas were already beginning to make it hard to focus and he needed some time to meditate on them.

Ledger :
-45GM for a Steel Warfork
Thoughts "Isurian" "Common" "Others' Speaking"
The above colors are subject to change, bear with me please!
My Character Sheet, I'm working on making it prettier.
Terag
The Singing Smith

Words: 226408
Joined roleplay: April 16th, 2015, 7:21 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

[The Ironworks] Two Blades are Better Than One

Postby Plume on December 7th, 2015, 9:47 pm

Terag
Weapon: Warfork +1 XP
Observation +1 XP
Intelligence +1 XP

Lores :
  • The Feel and Weight of a Genuine Warfork
  • Stories of Warforks and Hay
  • Going Home with a Brand New Warfork

Notes :
A most interesting weapon choice, I look forward to seeing what Terag does with it in the future (hopefully not pitching bodies around like hay of course).
Plume
May I tickle your fancy?

Words: 139803
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2015, 8:22 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook