[Amunet] Darning the Hole

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Kyo on January 5th, 2016, 10:20 am

“Well still you will need warmth even if you have the fur. Would you like a cup of tea?”

Kyo nodded yes, now back in human-form, though he was not exactly certain what tea was-- a drink because it was in a cup?

Being a coyote and then turning back had reminded him how cold it really was. Usually he didn't feel it the same way normal people did; he got used to the cold because he had grown up from a pup in a place that was much, much colder than this. A place that never got warm.

But now he shivered as the snow fell, and nodded again. "Yes, please. Um... what is tea?" He didn't really eat any human food, ever, and that went for their strange drinks too. Once he had had something called stew. And another time he had had a head-hurting drink that made him feel inside-upside-down and made everything all sloshy to his eyes. Maybe he used to eat human foods more as a pup, back when he had others around him all the time. But now he hunted for everything he ate, just like his wild dogs. And what he usually drank was water-- water out of rivers and lakes and even puddles, no matter the thick taste of mud.

While Amunet did the strange-things with the fire and metal-pot and water, Kyo crouched where he was, awkward, wanting to do something for her-- he needed to help her because she had been sad before and because she had wanted to help him. Camile seemed to like him, was staying near, and so he reached out to her and pinched her silky fur in places with his hand like a dog might another while grooming, a comforting gesture to the both of them.

While he waited for whatever this tea was, Amunet asked him about where he was staying, and Kyo gave a somewhat guilty look. "I... have a place to stay," he said, reluctant, "But I, ah. I don't... go... there. Or I haven't, some nights. I'm too not-good, in me. I'm too" sad, he explained, as if sadness might be something that could spread to other people. Then he had to blink hard as admitting his weakess caused a fresh roll of agony to rip at the hole inside him where his bondmate was buried. He rested one hand on Camile next to him as if trying to borrow strength --or calm, poise-- from her.

His voice was thick when he asked, "And you? You are" sad "like me? Why... why are you" sad? Maybe if he knew why she had been crying before, all alone in the grass, he would think about helping her instead of himself. There must be some reason she was sad, and so there must be something he could do to make her happy again, like she had tried to make him happy. So why not just ask?

"Is there anything you need, or want? To be" happy. "I can help you like you help me... or I can try to help. So is there anything you need? Um... like... like more tea?" The last thing he tacked on, uncertain, but it was what she had offered him and so probably it made sense to offer it back.

"Speaking in Common" --poor-to-basic
"And in Vani{descriptors}" --basic
"And in Tukant [implications, descriptors]" --poor
"And in Pavi" grassland sign --poor

Kyo
--

Words: 328278
Joined roleplay: July 22nd, 2013, 6:41 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Rufio on April 13th, 2016, 12:23 am

" lookie lookie
ive got a hookie
!"

⋙   ⋙   ⋙   ⋙   ⋙   ⋙   ⋙   ⋙   ⋙

a m u n e t

xp

+2 Socialization
+1 Rhetoric
+2 Observation
+2 Intelligence
+1 Cooking
+1 Wilderness Surivial: Plains

lores

Amunet: The pain of losing family
Amunet: Grieves alone in the Sea Of Grass
Amunet: Wears a brave face for others
Amunet: Prays to Rak’keli
Amunet: Compassionate
Amunet: Ashamed for others to see her sorrow
The Drykas are strong
Kyo: An outsider
Kyo: A soul who's hurting
Amunet and Kyo: Share a fierce hug
Amunet: Helping others' pain distracts her from her own
A 'whole' person can be of use to others
A 'whole' person may find fulfillment
In healing others, a healer may find their own healing
Drykas: Death is no stranger
Drykas: Resilient to loss and grief
Leia: Cautious and suspicious of strangers
Kyo: A Kelvic Coyote
Amunet: Offers tea when feeling socially awkward
Wilderness Survival: Use tarp to shelter a fire from the wind
Wilderness Survival: Wear wool to keep warm
Amunet: Determined to help even those who cannot be healed

k y o

Please PM whenever you return for your grades!

notes

amunet - Such a lovely thread, I could really feel Amunet's warmth just reading this.

⋙   ⋙   ⋙   ⋙   ⋙   ⋙   ⋙   ⋙   ⋙

if you feel i missed anything feel free to shoot me a pm - don't forget to go back and change your grade request!┘
Rufio
Player

Words: 286748
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2015, 10:40 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Previous