Flashback Memories of Days Gone By (Continued)

Tag: Amunet

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Wilderness of Cyphrus is an endless sea of tall grass that rolls just like the oceans themselves. Geysers kiss the sky with their steamy breath, and mysterious craters create microworlds all their own. But above all danger lives here in the tall grass in the form of fierce wild creatures; elegant serpents that swim through the land like whales through the ocean and fierce packs of glassbeaks that hunt in packs which are only kept at bay by fires. Traverse it carefully, with a guide if possible, for those that venture alone endanger themselves in countless ways.

Memories of Days Gone By (Continued)

Postby Kaizer Dragos on October 24th, 2015, 12:43 am

Date: Winter, 82, 513

Kaizer looked over at Amunet with a smile, appreciating how eager the young woman seemed to be about learning. That was something he always enjoyed, not just teaching, but also seeing someone who was eager to expand their knowledge. The young woman was quite attractive and Kaizer reached over putting his arm around her. Still the gentleman he didn't attempt anything inappropriate, at the moment he was merely enjoying the company and the closeness.

It had been a long time since Kaizer had enjoyed the company of another person. Despite being able to socialize with other quite well, he tended to keep to himself most of the time. Though not unfriendly by nature Kaizer didn't always go out of his way to meet and greet people. After the death of his father that only got worse and for a long time he had withdrawn from the world in general. Now for this first time in a long time Kaizer actually felt a small connection to someone else, even if it was just a friendship.

It was obvious that Amunet was quite eager to learn, and never the one to dampen a person's desire in this regard, he continued on. The book was a combination of notes and personal observations, something of a combination between a teaching tool and a personal journal. As there was nothing exceptionally personal contained within Kaizer began to read at length. There was a lot of basic information one would use to teach, along with his personal notes and observations on a wide variety of subjects.

There was also a small story hand written by Kaizer. It was a short story about a young boy. It want on about how the boy was greedy and always wanted everything for himself, then over the course of reading he went through a number of personal tragedies until learning the pitfalls of greed and becoming a generous person. The story was meant for younger children just learning about life and had been used some years ago for one of Kaizer's younger students. It was also the first story his step-mother read to him and a personal favorite even after all these years.

Flipping a page he came about something that caused a pause and brought a smile to Kaizer's face. On the left was a picture of his father Heinrik, and on the right was Valea. They were both hand drawn pictures of high quality that he'd commissioned some years ago to help keep his parents close. Kaizer leaned the small book over in Amunet's direction and smiled.

“Mother and father,” he said.
Last edited by Kaizer Dragos on November 1st, 2015, 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaizer Dragos
Man of Knowledge and Education

Words: 68029
Joined roleplay: July 20th, 2015, 6:45 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Amunet on November 1st, 2015, 8:31 pm

The girl soaked up anything and everything he could show her and teach her. Those blue eyes had an eye for detail as the little fingers nimbly picked up the letters that she half knew by reason of seasonal trade with those who would venture to their marketplace. Painted portraits were rare in Endrykas as she smiled at the pictures that held resemblance to Kaizer.

Amunet looked at his face and at the faces of whom he pointed at labeling them as mother and father. The story she couldn’t read but parts of as there were words she didn’t understand at all. Kaizer had amazing patience despite her frustration of what she thought of herself going to slow or catching on too slow.

Amunet’s smile softened. The man obviously loved his parents. A person who loved their parents usually was a good person, at least in her limited experience. “Your father and mother have nice eyes.” The girl said as she couldn’t resist tracing a finger along the painted design carefully. “My Father is carver. Good with wood, leather, best with stone. Mother was herbalist and medicine woman.” Though she was in a softer mood, the word mother still brought a lump to her throat that caused her to pause.

“Need check wound.” The girl said as she went to check his wound to see if it was seeping or reddening. It seemed to be fine at the moment. The girl recovered his backside and tucked the blanket around him to cover his virtue. “tomorrow we head Endrykas, you need Riverflower. Ride hope not break stitches.”

Once that was tended to, she looked at the gentle appearing man. “This is no place for single human without a band or without guide. “ She looked at him with a worried expression. Some Drykas that wish to die fighting or become one with their land, go forth and are never seen from again. It’s a sort of suicide and none begrudge them that. “You alone for reason? “ She knows he said he was traveling for a long time after the death of his parents but did he have a death wish?
Amunet
**The Healer** There has to be a better way!

Words: 565239
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2015, 3:30 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Kaizer Dragos on November 1st, 2015, 9:21 pm

“Well, I was originally planning to visit the city of Ahnatep and I don't normally travel alone, I know how dangerous the wilderness can be,”
Kaizer said. “I spent most of my time traveling with small groups and made myself useful by teaching them how to read and write.” For a moment he thought about that and how a number of the groups he'd traveled with seemed interested in learning how to read and write. Considering how well the people of Lhavit were educated, it came as quite a surprise to him that others outside the city could be so illiterate.

“Unfortunately it would seem the short distance between my last travel group and destination, proved to be the most dangerous,” Kaizer said. In retrospect he was aggravated by what had happened and that was visible on his face briefly, but it also disappeared rather quickly as well. At the moment the man considered himself to be quite lucky in light of what could have happened. His wounds were tended, there was a nice warm fire close by, and a lovely young woman to spend some time with. All in all the man wasn't begrudging his current situation as it could be a lot worse. With a smile Kaizer leaned over and gave Amunet a small kiss on the forehead, “Thank you for everything you've done for me.”

Reaching into his bag once more Kaizer took out a small cloth wrapped object and placed it on his lap. Unfolding it revealed one of the man's most enjoyed foods and something he was rarely without in the wilderness, beef jerky. It was quite common to virtually anywhere one might find themselves, however he often spent the few extra kina for the more expensive variety. This jerky was lightly seasoned with salt, pepper, and other spices to give it a very appealing flavor, at least in Kaizer's opinion. “Beef jerky?” Kaizer asked. There was good bit there making it obvious Kaizer was quite fond of the food.

While snacking Kaizer thought about something that Amunet might be interested in and took his money pouch in hand. It was unlikely many people out this way had ever seen a kina. The man always enjoyed sharing knowledge with other people, even if it was just trivial, and taking out three differently colored jewels he held them out. “Another useless but interesting bit of information, these are called kina. It's the type of money people from Lhavit use. The exchange rate is pretty much the same,” Kaizer said, then pointed to them. “Gold, silver, copper, that's about what they're worth.”
Kaizer Dragos

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Amunet on November 10th, 2015, 1:24 am

Kaizer was rummaging through his things while she was checking his wound and settling the man. The young woman checked the fire to put another stick or two on it before turning and finding herself graced with lips on her forehead. It was much the same as her father would have done. The light blush that crossed the sunkissed face was accompanied with a shy smile. “Welcome.” The girl said in a soft voice as those sky blue eyes became equally as soft and luminous.

He took out among his belongings a curiosity till it was unwrapped. It looked like dried meat and smelled like cooked seasoned meat. The act if drying meat was not unfamiliar to her, but for it to be seasoned as such was unfamiliar. Amunet graciously accepted the offer of the jerky as she took a bite of it. Her taste buds danced as she didn’t know meat could taste like this. It’s not that seasoning was unknown but out for survival seasoning was very basic. Salt and a few herbs were common. Pepper and spices were not common and often saved for special occasions for those who could afford it.

The little jewel like items he brought out sparkled in the fire light as she examined him. “Kina.” She repeated the word. He denoted which jewel like currency went with what Miza. “This is so?” The girl looked up into his eyes with an intense expression. “Other places have different coin or jewel for trade?”

The question was the best she could come up with and she huffed a sigh as it was poorly asked from what she had in her head. If Lhavit had different coin from Mizas, then maybe there were other places that had different coin for trade. It seemed logical. The question begged of her curiosity of what would he do now?

“What kind people you teach?” The girl asked him. “What will do when wounds heal?” The girl continued the questions as she pointed at one word or another to ask what that word was. Her nimble finger would try and trace a word or two but it looked so horrible that she erased it with a frantic sweeping of her hand. She groaned audibly as she looked up for a silent prayer.

The girl tried it again a little slower and wondered why she couldn’t get the curvy sweep he had with his letters? Amunet would keep trying though as there was no shortage of desire to learn or determination to push forward.
Amunet

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Kaizer Dragos on November 17th, 2015, 6:01 am

If there was one weakness that Kaizer had in life, aside from women, it was spiced beef jerky. He could eat it by the pound, though that would have cost too much. He shared the dried meat with Amunet until it was all eaten, then placed a hand over his mouth and burped gently. “Well, from what I've seen there's miza, kina, and travel coins which are plain gold, accepted in most places one travels. As for other places, I'm sure they have different types of money, but I've not seen them yet,” Kaizer said. He listened to her continue to speak with a small smile and nodded gently.

“I used to be a private tutor, teaching people of various ages. However I've considered early childhood education as a career path, I think I'd like the chance to teach children,” Kaizer said. When Amunet began to point at words and try to pronounce them, he helped her carefully and patiently. Despite the circumstances Kaizer always enjoyed teaching people and watching how excited they became about learning something new. He continued to read for a bit and let Amunet follow along, in part finding some of his own personal journal entries to be interesting. There was nothing exceptionally personal contained within so he didn't mind sharing. What he found so interesting was seeing it as a window into his own past. Though the entries were only a few months old, they still allowed him to remember certain events that had faded from memory over time.

As to the question about what Kaizer would do when his would healed, that was one he had to take a moment to think about. Up to this point he'd been avoiding Lhavit and the memory of his father, but that wasn't something could or would be avoided forever. In the short term Kaizer simply needed some distance from the pain to sort his emotions out. All his life Heinrik had advocated facing adversity with strength and courage, and that was what he planned to do. “I suppose after my wounds heal I'll begin the journey back home. I originally left because I needed time to deal with my father's death. However I have a life in Lhavit and it's time for me to get back to it.”

When Amunet started trying to use her finger to write in the dirt he watched carefully. She swept away a few letters in a frustrated manner, so Kaizer place his hand over hers, nearly swallowing it up in the process. In a gentle manner he helped Amunet create letters in a more fluid motion, offering another smile. Although he didn't say anything aloud, Kaizer wondered to himself why he couldn't have met Amunet in Lhavit. Despite the age difference between them he found himself attracted to the woman, and not just on a physical level, although that was there as well. They seemed to have a lot in common, they shared tragedy and lose, a desire to learn, and a curiosity about the world around them.
Kaizer Dragos

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Amunet on November 28th, 2015, 10:57 pm

When his hand engulfed her own, it was startling at first. She had stiffened up a little but quickly softened and let her arm move freely as he helped her form the letters. Amunet’s small well-muscled finger along calloused large finger seemed to hold with it an opposition that was also similar. One can tell a lot about a person’s hands. He was gentle as he was strong. That combination was a rare thing in her eyes. She looked into his eyes a moment. “Thank you. I will practice.”

He was returning to Lhavit it seemed. A part of her was saddened as learned men either were of high status in Endrykas or they were rare. What was even more rare was a man who thought a curious intellect was of value. “That is good. It is not well for one to run from their demons. So speak.” The girl smiled.

“We must get learned Kaizer well to travel.” She hoped that came out right. She put more wood on the fire. “Fire keep predators away. That is what hunters say.” Not long after that she actually brought the mare in the tent. This was done in a rather practical way. The strider knelt at her signal. The Drykas thought of their bonded Striders as well as their own kindred. They were one with the strider and one with the land. Still she will miss the learned man.

She gathered enough wood she hoped for the night. Though it was late winter, there was still a chill in the evening breeze. She looked around and hoped that would be enough for the night. Once that was settled, she put more water on for more tea. The girl would help the man with what necessities his bodily functions required to eliminate. He would have a hard time standing and well the body would need to eliminate. Once settled back down and the wounds checked, she would make more tea.

She watched him to see if he was comfortable before asking more questions. “Tell me about Lhavit. What like?”
Amunet

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Kaizer Dragos on February 28th, 2016, 12:23 am

Even though the two of them had only recently met, Kaizer was able to tell that Amunet was a strong young woman, even if that strength didn't come in the form of combat prowess. He felt there was a lot that could be learned here, about life, the world, as well as other ways of life, but there was also a lot of truth to what he said. There was a life waiting for Kaizer in Lhavit and he needed to get back to it. Having already made arrangements for his place to be looked after that wasn't a concern, however letting himself drift too far away from a ground life was. There was also a part of Kaizer that also enjoyed the chance to travel and see more of the world, he made a mental note to possibly travel out this way again some time.

“Well, I don't have to leave the moment my wounds are healed enough. I could stay a few days and learn more about your people... that is if they don't mind the company of an outsider,” Kaizer said. He watched and listened as Amunet put more wood on the fire. “Yes, I've noticed that. It seems that unlike sentient beings, animals seem to have an innate fear of fire.” The one thing Kaizer wasn't overly fond of was more tea. Amunet had said that it was good for him, but the taste left something to be desired. Regardless he would drink anymore tea that was offered and be a gracious patient.

“I know I wouldn't mind learning more about you,” Kaizer said, looking as Amunet with a smile. After more wood was gather and the horse brought into the tent, things seemed to become rather relaxed. The tent was nice and warm, no wolves were trying to kill him, and a pretty young woman was helping to tend some rather nasty wounds. All in all Kaizer considered himself to be pretty lucky. “I was educated by my parents, but I've never lost my desire to learn as much as I possibly can.”

“Tell me about Lhavit. What like?” Amunet said. That made Kaizer stop and think for a moment. There was so much about Lhavit to talk about that it made him wonder where to begin.

“I honestly don't think I could do Lhavit justice with a simple description, but I'll try. The city itself is made of a beautiful crystal that seems to shine with its own light at night. Sitting close to the clouds on high peak it allows one to look out over the land with an incredible view. It's a place of peace and prosperity where people don't go hungry and knowledge flows like water. They have a wonderful library I've visited since I was a child, and I still go there to this day,” Kaizer said.
Kaizer Dragos

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Amunet on April 3rd, 2016, 12:46 am

They did have Outsiders from time to time stay for a few days so it wasn’t unusual. Nehrar would need to see this wound as it was considering how bad it was. The young lady smiled gently when he mentioned staying a few days after he heals up. “That is good. The Drykas make trade with many peoples. Winter, those of desert sometimes come trade. Not this season. “ There was little explanation provided to the girl as to why of these things. It was elder talk mostly but something happened with the passage of that area that the Choktawe did not come this season to trade. “The Watch may know. No place for girl to know.”

As she was tending to the fire, his svelt voice and timbre made that statement that he wanted to get to know her more. She blushed and chuckled nervously. “Me? I, third child of the second wife of the son of the Ankal. No special. “ She looked to the ground and blushed more. “I take care little brother, that all.” She did not really consider herself in much case of courting prospect. Was that what he spoke of to get to know her? Why else would a man want to get to know a girl? He was not Drykas. The Drykas man wants to get to know a woman, he would more than likely be seeking a union. The thought of a man wanting to get to know a woman for reasons of the ‘just because’ was not thought of by this wayward free spirited girl. “Besides, me a lot of trouble.”

“A crystal?” The red head girl tried to imagine that. “That must be beautiful to live in a crystal like that.” She mused as her mind wrapped around that idea as her imagination took flight. “That must be a wonderous place.” She said softly as she looked into the older man’s eyes. Her own light sky blue eyes boldly looking into his own with no fear. There was curiosity and a wonder.
Amunet

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)